Page 12 of 492 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

Thread: For NFL fans

The thing that worries me most about Von Miller's contract is what the Raiders will have to pay for Khalil as they are probably in terms of sports contracts the best comps for a Khalil new deal, but then add another year or two of inflation. Like Championship yada yada in Miller's deal doesn't really mean much to any other deal that follows. Like Flacco post SB got 100+ mil and everyone said championship yada yada then people like Andy Dalton got 100m along with every other halfway decent QB. I'm nervous about how much Carr+Mack will cost and if it will compromise what the Raiders can do. I trust Reggie though.

The baseball contracts make a lot more sense than others. Baseball has no salary cap. Owners can give star players as much money as they want. It helps if you think of the players as entertainers instead of athletes. They are performing in front of a live audience and for millions on television, 3 hours a night, 6 nights a week. Star baseball players have their own 3 hour tv show every night, plus a live performance. What do the actors from Big Bang theory make per episode?
    It's all entertainment. No matter how good you are at baseball or football or any game, you won't get paid unless people are watching.

Quote Originally Posted by manonfire101 View Post
    Wrong.

Explain. Every team goes down after winning SB. It is the natural order of things. Do I want Denver to suck? Nope. Do I think they will be just ok? Yep. 10-6 at best. Maybe 11-5.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
    The baseball contracts make a lot more sense than others. Baseball has no salary cap. Owners can give star players as much money as they want. It helps if you think of the players as entertainers instead of athletes. They are performing in front of a live audience and for millions on television, 3 hours a night, 6 nights a week. Star baseball players have their own 3 hour tv show every night, plus a live performance. What do the actors from Big Bang theory make per episode?
    It's all entertainment. No matter how good you are at baseball or football or any game, you won't get paid unless people are watching.
    No. Baseball players are pussies who hardly run, barely move during a boring ass game and never get touch.

Then again in my perfect word Baseball would have been outlawed years ago. it remains the only sport on tv that I refuse to watch. Plus NASCAR is that is a "sport."

I think the Broncos could be anywhere between hot garbage and 10-6. Really depends on QB to me and assuming the defense stays elite for 10-6.

None of that stuff matters, TC. Baseball players aren't competing in a triathlon every night or a cage fight. They're playing baseball. And every night people are watching them play baseball on tv and live in stadiums all over the country. It's entertainment, like I said. That's all that matters. No different than musicians putting on concerts or actors on a tv show.
    Edit- I understand you not being into it. Makes sense to me. I find baseball relaxing and I like tracking the stats and I LOVE being at a game in the summer. I've always loved it. Lots of people do.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    I think the Broncos could be anywhere between hot garbage and 10-6. Really depends on QB to me and assuming the defense stays elite for 10-6.
    Best way to put it. Well said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
    None of that stuff matters, TC. Baseball players aren't competing in a triathlon every night or a cage fight. They're playing baseball. And every night people are watching them play baseball on tv and live in stadiums all over the country. It's entertainment, like I said. That's all that matters. No different than musicians putting on concerts or actors on a tv show.
    Edit- I understand you not being into it. Makes sense to me. I find baseball relaxing and I like tracking the stats and I LOVE being at a game in the summer. I've always loved it. Lots of people do.
    Can't be entertainment when it makes you fall asleep. But if they had cage fights...maybe.

Lots of people love it eh? Well...they are wrong. But enough of this. Let's talk about football.

Who wins AFC? Pats right?

How many games does Romo play?

Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    I don't see the defense letting up at all, really. It's still one of the best units in the league.

The problem is, QB situation aside, that schedule is not an easy one. Plenty of non-division games are going to be tough to decide, and of course, the division itself isn't going to be a cakewalk, especially given the improvement of the Raiders.

I think Denver is still capable of making the playoffs (as much as I hope Sanchez doesn't end up being the starter, he did go to the AFC championship game in consecutive seasons with less offensive talent), but like you, I can easily see the season being hot garbage. Of course, if the season is in shambles, it means Paxton Lynch can get some playing time.

Mark Sanchez is the best QB on that roster and it's not even dabatable. Idt Lynch should start until 2018 at the earliest.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    Most of the new deals are crazy stupid. I mean look at Von Miller's deal. Is he good? Damn right. If he worth to be paid THAT much? Fuck no. But hey...Denever is going to suck ass this year. If Pats don't win AFC...I will be shocked.
    Von Miller deserves to get paid like the best player in football because you can't really name someone that is better than him at what their given responsibilities are. Even if someone can then it'd be debatable at best.

What happened to the Broncos that will make them dramatically worse? They lost Peyton Manning and Brock Osweiler? Here's their combined regular season stats from last season:

4216 Passing, 19 TD, 23 INT, 39 Sack, 77.15 PR, 46.9 QBR. They were one of the worst teams at the quarterback position last season. And while none of Siemien, Sanchez, or Lynch is the game manager that PM was, I don't think they can do a lot worse than that statistically.

Lost Evan Mathis and Ryan Clady (but Clady was injured last season). Signed Russell Okung.

Defensively lost Malik Jackson, Danny Trevathan, Omar Bolden, and David Bruton. Those are the major departures. But they retained most of their defensive players from last season and still have the pieces to be one of the best teams in the league defensively.

I guess we'll see, but I don't see them taking a major step backwards. And they definitely aren't going to be hot garbage, as the Raiders fan says.
    Last edited by manonfire101; 08-03-2016 at 07:41 PM.

Thread Information