Page 13 of 492 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

Thread: For NFL fans

one thing to consider is how historically awesome last year's defense was. it really won games for them in which the offense did very little. if the offense isn't any better this year, i'm not really sensing how the defense can repeat last year especially missing some guys from the last squad. i still think the defense will be really good, so i expect them to be the favorites in the division but i just don't think it's gonna be quite as good as last year. in all honesty i have never seen a defensive line just feast the way that they did in the patriots game

Quote Originally Posted by Sanosuke View Post
    Von Miller deserves to get paid like the best player in football because you can't really name someone that is better than him at what their given responsibilities are. Even if someone can then it'd be debatable at best.
    No defensive player should make more than a QB or any offensive player. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    Why? Von Miller is basically the QB of the Defense.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    That's horseshit, TC. Doesn't even make sense. Any offensive player? I can see QB. QB is the one position where I can see the argument, but that's all. If we're talking about great players, every other position is debatable as far as importance.
    And in this situation we're talking about Von Miller and Mark Sanchez. It's all about winning. We saw why Denver won the SB. It was Von Miller. He could have done that with basically anyone playing QB. Peyton Manning, Mark Sanchez or Tim Tebow.
    Mark Sanchez sucks anyway. If he ever gets paid more than Von Miller just pull the blinds and lock the doors because the world is coming to an end.
    Last edited by Hugh; 08-04-2016 at 12:56 AM.

Ok ok ok. geez. I was tired and angry and I made a mistake. Should have said only QB.

Now i'm not saying EVERY QB needs to make all the money but come on. You tell me someone like Suh deserves all that money?

Fuck all ya. Geez.

Also fuck preason games. So unwatchable.

I agree with Cheat in terms of what he quoted. Sano said Miller deserve to be paid as the best player in the league. IMO QB goes higher regardless if QB isn't the best in the league. Like JJ Watt a couple years back was probably the best player in the league, but he didn't deserve Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady [without a pay cut] money. I think any non QB with ~100mil is pretty nuts. I guess as long as it doesn't screw your teams ability to put a competitive team on the field it doesn't matter though.

Thank you hulky for saying what i meant only better. Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by bludhoundz View Post
    one thing to consider is how historically awesome last year's defense was. it really won games for them in which the offense did very little. if the offense isn't any better this year, i'm not really sensing how the defense can repeat last year especially missing some guys from the last squad. i still think the defense will be really good, so i expect them to be the favorites in the division but i just don't think it's gonna be quite as good as last year. in all honesty i have never seen a defensive line just feast the way that they did in the patriots game
    Yeah, I think losing Trevaython was the biggest loss of the offseason. Malik Jackson sucks too, but what Trevaython brought to that defense was too much to replace. Shane Ray might be a big part of this season, but overall I think the run defense is going to be the biggest concern Denver has.

Personally, I hope Trevor Siemian wins the starting job, barring Paxton Lynch hyperbolic time chambers it out of nowhere. Sanchez has an interception problem (86-84 TD:INT is not something I want under center), abut the bigger thing is, in the past five seasons, he has shown us who he is as a player. At least Siemian is a relative unknown unless you watched Northwestern or follow the Broncos camp REALLY closely. If he can manage the game and not make any big risks, I think the offense as a whole can improve on last season, which really isn't a big accomplishment.

The best thing going for Denver this season, is the running game. Retaining Anderson is one thing, but with Hillman and Davontae Booker also in the backfield, I think Denver can keep coming at people with fresh legs, and really, put the game in the defense's hands. I think the best thing I've heard from anyone in this offseason to describe Denver's chances next year, it was that all the QB needs to do is perform well enough, and have a little bit of magic in maybe one or two games. As long as they don't have too many interceptions from whoever winds up under center , they should be put in position to win games.

None of the QBs on roster inspire much confidence in me for now, but I guess we'll have to see how things look in the preseason. Might at least be able to get a glimpse of who should be the starter.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    I agree with Cheat in terms of what he quoted. Sano said Miller deserve to be paid as the best player in the league. IMO QB goes higher regardless if QB isn't the best in the league. Like JJ Watt a couple years back was probably the best player in the league, but he didn't deserve Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady [without a pay cut] money. I think any non QB with ~100mil is pretty nuts. I guess as long as it doesn't screw your teams ability to put a competitive team on the field it doesn't matter though.
    I disagree. You pay your best player. More times than not it just happens to be a qb due to the nature of the league but many qbs are overpaid anyways. That's the issue with how contracts are these days.

QB's get paid more because they play a position that can impact the game more than any other position. However, considering the shit-tier QB's the Broncos are currently employing, and considering that Von Miller is a stud who won the Super Bowl for Denver last season, I don't really mind paying him that much money.

Thread Information