Page 215 of 492 FirstFirst ... 115165205211212213214215216217218219225265315 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,150 of 4918

Thread: For NFL fans

Doesn't have 5+ super bowl wins, obviously a shit coach.

Pete's coaching tree went to the SB last year too (Dan Quinn), and he has two DCs Gus Bradley on the Chargers and Ken Norton Jr on the Raiders. Pete's 4-3 Under is my favorite scheme ever, and Shanahan/Gibbs ZBS attack is my favorite offense. Basically 49ers have my favorite scheme this upcoming year.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
    I also think it's weird when people say things like "Not to shit on the Seahawks" right before shitting on the Seahawks, or try to sound objective when it's clear their criticism is emotionally driven.
    I mean how can you say Pete Carroll is a shit football coach when he's won championships at both the college and pro level? How? How am I supposed to take that comment seriously? How is anyone?
    And how can you say Seattle is a bad team who just got lucky when they've won at least 10 games and been in the playoffs each of the last 5 seasons including 2 Super Bowl appearances? What are you even talking about? I don't even believe you believe that. You might want it to be true, but that's something different.
    It's ok to say fuck Pete Carroll and Russell Wilson and the Seahawks. It really is. People say it all the time now and I totally understand why. But saying that they all suck is just not true, and really pretty stupid.
    Pete Carroll had the pedigree of USC's draw for recruits. If you watched any amount of college football you'd understand why that's significant.

And I literally have no vendetta against the Seahawks, and for you to say it's 'emotionally driven' is kind of funny. Who even said the Seahawks got lucky? I said /Pete Carroll/ got lucky. I think Russell Wilson is a good quarterback. I know why he had a down year. I just don't think they're going to be as competitive as people are saying they're going to be.

Winning 10 games a year when six of your games are against considerably weak division opponents doesn't bode well. If they swapped Divisions with the Patriots, they'd do the exact same in my mind. Seattle will probably make it to the Wild Card game for a third straight year, beat some other team that had a weak schedule, and then lose in the divisional round again. Seattle went 5-4-1 in 1 score games last year.

The 90's Braves made the playoffs 14 consecutive years but only won 1 world series. Making it to the playoffs a bunch is nice and all, but winning it all counts more, which is why the Patriots stretch over the past 5 years shits on all 31 other teams.

The Seahawks are not going to have a running game and their best receiver is Jimmy Graham. Kearse as a starting WR is silly, which is why I said Russell Wilson should basically just throw the ball to himself all year.

I think it's more effective for the QB to just maintain possession of the ball and scramble, in that situation.

Brett Favre's first NFL pass was to himself

His first pass was actually a pick-6 when he was with Atlanta. His first completion was to himself once he started with the Packers. He lost like 8 yards on the play - which speaks to my point about it being less efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanosuke View Post
    The Seahawks are not going to have a running game and their best receiver is Jimmy Graham. Kearse as a starting WR is silly, which is why I said Russell Wilson should basically just throw the ball to himself all year.
    Yes they will have a running game. Again, much of what they do on the ground is based off Wilson's ability and threat to run and he was completely unable to do that last year. He could barely scramble for half the season. If Wilson is healthy and mobile, the Seahawks will be able to run the ball. With anyone.
    Baldwin is good. Graham is healthy. Kearse sucks but he's reliable and does the dirty work. They've got some young guys coming up, but it really doesn't matter. Russell will get the ball to whoever is on the field.
    You're just wrong, Sano. Seattle will make the playoffs for the 6th season in a row. You'll see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    My wife said the watch shown on the show said uh the bad guy groups name before Thanos.

making the playoffs and getting the 1 or 2 seed are two very different things

I highly doubt the latter will happen, but I do agree the former will

I like their schedule.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    My wife said the watch shown on the show said uh the bad guy groups name before Thanos.

Thread Information