Page 28 of 492 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878128 ... LastLast

Thread: For NFL fans

Is it a phone call desk or reception desk?

All day long.

there were a few great commercials. like the one where von miller smacked the controller out of the kid's hands when they were playing xbox. then lynch told em you need better people skills

but yeah very exciting season opener. it did not disappoint at all, had all the drama i would ask for

Quote Originally Posted by Sanosuke View Post
    Siemian was pretty sharp sans that backfoot INT lob. Probably the best QB option. His release and pocket awareness was very sharp. They need to get more veryical though even if Kubiak is a run first guy
    He threw approximately 100 interceptable passes in that game. However! There were positives, and you can coach decision making (see Smith, Alex).

Just watched the replays of some of the hits Broncos put on Cam that weren't flagged. If Bengals players like Burfict or Adam Jones would have put those exact same hits on Cam, not only would they be flagged, but they'd be fined and possibly suspended and people would be losing their minds.

I think it was more about Cam than about who was delivering the hits. Those kinds of hits are flagged almost every time no matter who is behind them, until last night. Yes we've seen one get missed here and there, but Cam took 3 or 4 hits that were obvious helmet to helmet.
    The refs might be making a statement about how he plays. He's the most dangerous goal line threat in the league, maybe in the history of the league. Him personally, not his arm. He plays like a straight up power back, lowers his head into defenders all the time. I understand the hits we're talking about were pocket hits and QBs are supposed to be protected, but it seems like the refs were saying if he's going to play like a running back then they're going to treat him like a running back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    My wife said the watch shown on the show said uh the bad guy groups name before Thanos.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
    I think it was more about Cam than about who was delivering the hits. Those kinds of hits are flagged almost every time no matter who is behind them, until last night. Yes we've seen one get missed here and there, but Cam took 3 or 4 hits that were obvious helmet to helmet.
    The refs might be making a statement about how he plays. He's the most dangerous goal line threat in the league, maybe in the history of the league. Him personally, not his arm. He plays like a straight up power back, lowers his head into defenders all the time. I understand the hits we're talking about were pocket hits and QBs are supposed to be protected, but it seems like the refs were saying if he's going to play like a running back then they're going to treat him like a running back.
    Its cause hes black

They're all black.
    I don't know how it is in the CFL, but in the NFL all of our players are black.
    That's why America has the best football.
    My wife said the watch shown on the show said uh the bad guy groups name before Thanos.

Just saw the working out with Sasquatch commercial with Clay Matthews. Fucking awesome.

haven't seen that one. looking forward to it.

i heard a crazy stat. there wasn't a single roughing the passer penalty called for Cam Newton all of last year.

i think you have a point Hugh, but i also think that helmet to helmet after the ball has been thrown should be called. it makes sense to treat him differently - especially because of the extra armor he wears - but head shots are head shots it doesn't matter how big you are.

Oh I think it should be called too. Definitely. Refs shouldn't treat Cam any different than any other QB just because he has a different game. Running downfield, he's a ball carrier, like any other, but in the pocket he's a QB and the same rules should apply to him.
    It just doesn't seem like they do.

Thread Information