Page 293 of 492 FirstFirst ... 193243283289290291292293294295296297303343393 ... LastLast
Results 2,921 to 2,930 of 4916

Thread: For NFL fans

Quote Originally Posted by Sanosuke View Post
    Outside of Deshaun Watson and the Jags no real compelling stories. Coverage of shit with Zeke for 10 weeks was annoying. Lots of teams under performing like the raiders, falcons, chiefs. Lots of really really bad football. Giants implosion, 49ers, Browns, Texans sans Deshaun Watson, Broncos, Colts without Luck, Green Bay is garbando without Rodgers, Bills are awful, etc.

Just really bad football all around tbh.
    What about the Jags having one of the best defensive units and the Rams having one of the best turnarounds in recent memory? Also the Saints have been great to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I only watched the first half. What happened with the TD?
    AJ Green caught a 61 yard TD on a second half drive that ended up netting the Bengals only 3 points after it was called back. Gio Bernard was called for holding TJ Watt, and it was extremely minor. Like yeah technically he held him, but holding happens on every play - you really only expect it to be called when it's blatant. There was barely anything there.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmarez View Post
    What about the Jags having one of the best defensive units and the Rams having one of the best turnarounds in recent memory? Also the Saints have been great to watch.
    I said the Jags. The Rams turnaround will only actually be a turn around depending on how they do next year

Quote Originally Posted by Sanosuke View Post
    Outside of Deshaun Watson and the Jags no real compelling stories. Coverage of shit with Zeke for 10 weeks was annoying. Lots of teams under performing like the raiders, falcons, chiefs. Lots of really really bad football. Giants implosion, 49ers, Browns, Texans sans Deshaun Watson, Broncos, Colts without Luck, Green Bay is garbando without Rodgers, Bills are awful, etc.

Just really bad football all around tbh.
    Thielen and Diggs carrying Case Keenum?

I mean isn't that expected?

I didn't think Thielen was this good. I also didn't think their o-line would be this much better.

Honestly I think it's been a fine season with some good games. Not great football all around but it's not like it was like that last year either. Hell, last year's NFC Champion Falcons didn't really look like a powerhouse until they were actually in the playoffs.

I think the issue has been the storylines. It's hard to accept things like Vikings dominance without Bridgewater or Bradford or Cook. It's hard to look at the LA Rams lead by a terrible rookie Goff, that is a legit power house. It's hard to see the Eagles run away with the east while the super power rookie combo in Dallas has issues and NFC East superstars like Dez, Eli and Odell all struggle, get benched, or are out for the year. On the AFC the failures of the AFC West removed the story lines of potentially great Chiefs and Raiders and replaced with a trio of .500 Chargers, Chiefs, and Raiders. It's just yuck. The hype of AP in NOLA was a bust, but NOLA has the superstar duo of Ingram and Kamara. It's still pretty good football, it's just not the story lines we were fed going into the season. I think that failure of storylines has sunk a bunch of fantasy teams as well which has made it seem flukey.

Like look at our TAO league draft:
    Aaron Rodgers - IR
    David Johnson - IR
    Le'Veon Bell - slower start than usual
    Tom Brady
    Antonio Brown
    Julio Jones - slower start than usual
    Devonta Freeman - Concussion issues
    Drew Brees - very good, but the TD's have shifted to their RBs this year
    Odell Beckham Jr. - IR
    A.J. Green - Suspended for a fight during close playoff races, but good
    LeSean McCoy - Bills retardation has limited him
    Jordy Nelson - Rodgers on IR
    Matt Ryan - something like 12th best QB after MVP year
    Jay Ajayi - traded to Eagles and has had limited carries there
    Melvin Gordon - TDs have made good games, but yards aren't there
    Rob Gronkowski - Suspended for playoff game
    Dalvin Cook - IR
    Jordan Howard - Some really bust games and Cohen stole the show early on
    Mike Evans - Suspended a game, I don't think he's had a 100 yard game.
    Ezekiel Elliott - Suspension

A lot of the earlier round guys too have been pretty rough, and although unknowns or underrateds like the Vikings pair of WRs, Kamara, Alex Smith, Carson Wentz, Josh McCown, Watson pre IR, and Evan Engram have stepped up it's kinda an okay year at best in terms of the guys you root for have jerseys for that superstar class and the hyped teams have underwhelmed.

I think the storylines are fine. Just because they aren't what you were expecting doesn't make them not compelling.

Kamara is the most exciting young player in the NFL

The Vikings could get a home superbowl

Jaguars

NFC South is super competitive

LA Chargers could finally be putting it together

NFC East turned upside down again

I really don't see how the Rams storyline "isn't compelling" just because it's such a big turnaround. Doesn't make sense to me

doesn't bother me. i thought they would be the sleeper team from that division and its kinda cool to see it possibly coming true. i did predict the broncos correctly, so maybe i had a good beat on the afc west this year

Thread Information