Page 338 of 365 FirstFirst ... 238288328334335336337338339340341342348 ... LastLast
Results 3,371 to 3,380 of 3646

Thread: For NFL fans

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmarez View Post
    Yup. The QB position is so important so if Eli plays poorly/Webb doesn't take a step forward I think the team could obviously still be in a lot of trouble. But Saquon / Hernandez is a beautiful pair for the run game. Lorenzo Carter is a beast. And I don't know the DT as well but he seems favored.
    yeah the roster certainly still has holes / lacks depth because our previous GM was pretty ass. i wouldn't be surprised at all if this season doesn't play out that well for them but this is a good step forward. as a giants fan, believing in Eli is pretty much the only thing I know anyway, so i'm not really uncomfortable with that. the one thing is i doubt we pick this high again any time soon so if we need a replacement QB it's gonna come from a later pick. got pretty much no basis for faith in webb at this point

Browns WRs are fucking crazy lol

Josh Gordon
    Antonio Callaway
    Jarvis Landry
    Corey Coleman

corey coleman is looking like a bust so far though. we'll see

Quote Originally Posted by bludhoundz View Post
    corey coleman is looking like a bust so far though. we'll see

I wasn't sure if that was crazy good or... just crazy...

I mean ther'es a lot of drama there.

Not thrilled with this draft tbh

The Raiders had a really good draft class. Not getting the "oh shit they got a stud" in the first made it feel bad, but the vision in the end was pretty good.

I'm thrilled with the Bears draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmarez View Post
    I wasn't sure if that was crazy good or... just crazy...

I mean ther'es a lot of drama there.
    good point

Quote Originally Posted by bludhoundz View Post
    good point

The broadcast discussed it but do you think Gordon is a positive or a negative for Callaway? Because I can easily see it being either. Is Gordon now the kind've guy who can offer support or are you missing more fuel to his fire and now you're going to have two rehabbing WRs when perhaps you could've gotten away with keeping them seperate.

That kind of thing is hard to say and I think a big reason why player "character issues" lead to drastically different evaluations and grades by teams before the draft. Judging how a person will impact the growth of others is pretty difficult unless they're a well respected veteran in which case the answer is usually that they will help that growth.

I think it really depends on how much Gordon himself has changed and his demonstration of that. If Callaway can see Gordon as someone who's really escaped from a Johnny Football-like purgatory, then he should be a positive influence. That said, the effect would probably be stronger had Gordon come back a year earlier and re-established himself as a top tier wideout or something. Ultimately it's really anybody's guess but I think Gordon will try to help him out, and Callaway will have to meet him halfway. Of course, you have to factor the other guys into this too and I don't really know what to expect from Landry any more

Thread Information