Page 41 of 492 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191141 ... LastLast

Thread: For NFL fans

He was great, our WRs are awesome.

Wentz looks good. A lil worried that along with Prescott the NFC East qbs are improving and could be a problem in the future. I still think Cousins is not good though.

Eli has a few more years so we are in win now mode. I think we finally have the pieces to make a run at it. Might need one more year for everyone to settle in, including the coach, but I think we have a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex View Post
    Is this the part where we get overly optimistic about rookies? Sterling Shepard is literally Jerry Rice
    "overly optimistic" lololololol

What's next? "trusting women"?

Banner by Madamos
    Co-leader of The Dawg Pound - humpin legs since 2004

Wentz is the most average QB I've ever seen, next to Andy Dalton. The upside to being Andy Dalton is that he has AJ Green.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanosuke View Post
    Wentz is the most average QB I've ever seen, next to Andy Dalton. The upside to being Andy Dalton is that he has AJ Green.
    why average? If he had an AJ Green I'd be the happiest person on these forums.

Wentz looked good to me. But he wasn't having consistent success until about 5 bears starters got hurt and I don't consider their defense that good to begin with. The matchup with Pittsburgh is his first real test

Quote Originally Posted by bludhoundz View Post
    Wentz looked good to me. But he wasn't having consistent success until about 5 bears starters got hurt and I don't consider their defense that good to begin with. The matchup with Pittsburgh is his first real test
    wasn't having consistent success? I believe started the game like 6 for 6 or something like that. Empty backfield on the first drive... I can't think of a rookie QB that's done that before. His numbers would've been much better if Matthews didn't drop an easy 35 yd TD catch

Key word is consistent

He had the one nice drive in the beginning. All their other drives stalled until the bears players got hurt. Matthews did drop that easy TD though

Quote Originally Posted by Greendaybum5 View Post
    wasn't having consistent success? I believe started the game like 6 for 6 or something like that. Empty backfield on the first drive... I can't think of a rookie QB that's done that before. His numbers would've been much better if Matthews didn't drop an easy 35 yd TD catch
    Lmao. Take the blinders off for like five seconds. Recent successful QBs that are much more talented than Wentz will ever be:

David Carr
    Andrew Luck
    Cam Newton
    RG3 - pre ACL destruction
    Jimmy G. (I chalk this three start stint up as his rookie season since he wasn't getting any playing time whatsoever behind Brady)

Just because the kid throws 6 for 6 (which I didn't watch the game entirely) doesn't mean he's a world beater. Wentz is average in the fact that he will never be the reason by himself the Eagles win games. If you swapped Andy Dalton, Joe Flacco, Carson Wentz or Ryan Tannehill between any of their teams you'd get the same results from all of them depending on the weapons they have on their team.

Just picked the Eagles over the Cheaters. Let's go Wentz! All aboard the hype train!

My other car is a TARDIS. bdog1321's Avatar

I mean Wentz has made his supporting cast look wayyyyy better than Bradford or Sanchez or anyone ever did. Agholor and Matthews looked like passable receivers for the first time in recent memory. So the kid can definitely play, but just how much of a baller he is i'll reserve judgement on until he consistently performs well against good defenses and comes up in the clutch. At this point he hasn't even faced as much adversity as dakky.
    [URL=http://s217.photobucket.com/user/bdog1321/media/jfk-1.jpg.html]

[ broke link: http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/c...sdb2e3340.gif]

it was short lived but it was fun <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash
    You're actually a stupid people.

I Love Lex and want to have his babies

Thread Information