Page 422 of 492 FirstFirst ... 322372412418419420421422423424425426432472 ... LastLast
Results 4,211 to 4,220 of 4916

Thread: For NFL fans

Also, pertinent article I saw a few days ago about NFL kicking:

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...re-struggling/

This says field goal rate is at its lowest since 2003. And even the PAT is at its lowest success rate since the spot was moved back in 2015.

Let's just get rid of kicking.

Quote Originally Posted by KBHoleN1 View Post
    Also, coaches tend to lean on their kickers to bail them out in tough situations. Instead of taking a risk and trying to move the ball closer, a lot of coaches will play towards that 50+ yard field goal at the end of a game. Like, oh all we have to do is reach the 35 and we're in field goal range, so that's all we're going to shoot for, then it's your fault if you don't make a pressure kick from the edge of your range. And if you miss a couple of those we're going to cut you.
    Yeah I thought about something like this after I made the post.

Commentators talk like this and I think coaches share the mindset "well if we go for it on 4th down and don't get it we get 0 points, but we can just take the 3." As if the 3 is automatic.

Rams getting completely humiliated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    My wife said the watch shown on the show said uh the bad guy groups name before Thanos.

My vote which doesn't count has changed from Russell Wilson to Lamar Jackson for MVP. It could still change back but this version of the Ravens is too devastating right now. Looking forward to next week's matchup against the 49ers

I agree. I was excited when Russ was the front runner but Lamar has pretty much blown past him these last 2 weeks and rightfully so. Lamar Jackson is the most dominant force in the league right now.
    My wife said the watch shown on the show said uh the bad guy groups name before Thanos.

it's amazing he can have a stat line like against the rams with 169 passing yards but 5 fucking passing TDs. Obviously he had about 100 rushing and the entire run game went ham, but fuck that score on demnad stuff is MVP worthy -- and like Wilson it's without that Julio Jones/Michael Thomas whatever dominant force to funnel it to.

WTF happened to the Rams? So good last year and now shit? What gives?

Belichick destroyed their offense in the Super Bowl by taking the run away with a 6-1 defense and Goff sucks balls at play action, and now everyone does the same thing. McVay is a good football mind and motivator obviously to be a head coach that young, but he is REALLY young after all and hasn’t figured out how to adapt yet. He’s facing a lot of adversity and the team is struggling. We’ll see how he responds. Maybe he doesn’t have the whiskers to pull them out of a tailspin. He probably will eventually.
    When you get pantsed in the SB like they did most teams have a hangover year. It’s a big blow. Players still play but they lose faith sometimes, in themselves or the coach or the team. Maybe all of it. The Rams could NOT adjust in that Super Bowl. McVay was lost. I think that has a big effect.

Also their o line played out of its mind for like 90% of last season and they suck this year. You saw the holes Gurley ran through last year? He just had free fucking lanes and a sprinter's speed to get to the edge and take it the distance.

Thread Information