Page 491 of 492 FirstFirst ... 391441481487488489490491492 LastLast
Results 4,901 to 4,910 of 4916

Thread: For NFL fans

How so for Seattle?

Rebuilding. Two 1st round picks, two 2nd round picks, and swapping some later picks is what I saw. No way Seattle was going to seriously contend even if they keep Wilson, so this is kind of best case for them, right? A few years from now they could have a young rebuilt offense and be back in the swing of things. Russ has 2 years left on his contract, and no way they were going to pay him the money he'll want when it ends. So if you're not going to be able to win now, and your QB is unhappy, and you need cap space and draft picks to turn the team over, I figure this is kind of their dream scenario given all those things.

Eh I guess. They will need a new coach in a year or so that might slow things down.

My current Mock

1.001 -- Jacksonville Jaguars -- Travon Walker, DL Georgia
    notes: I don't think the on the field product is top pick, but the athlete and his versatility is. I view Travon Walker as a Rashan Gary with freakier athleticism, and with JAX using their tag on their tackle/not moving Jawaan Taylor/drafting Walker Little in the 2nd -- I feel like edge is on the table. Aidan Hutchinson would be the pick if they ran a 4-3. Kayvon Thibodeau would be the pick, but they have that type of player in Josh Allen. What Walker offers is infinite upside, something I think could lure Baalke, and positional versatility to play as a DT or OLB in what I expect is a 3-4 attacking defense similar to what was run in Tampa. Walker could play some Jason Pierre Paul to Josh Allen's Shaq Barrett, with a touch of William Gholston.

1.002 -- Detroit Lions -- Aidan Hutchinson, DE Michigan
    notes: Originally I could see the Lions going in a bunch of directions including who I view as potentially the best player Kyle Hamilton, but Aidan Hutchinson should have a very good mix of grade, positional value, team need, and the additional selling point of a Michigan player going to the Lions fanbase. Now I see this as Hutchinson v. Malik Willis, both Willis as the Lions pick and Willis as a trade up. I am going to stick with Hutchinson though with the Lions moving on from Trey Flowers.

1.003 -- Philadelphia Eagles -- Malik Willis, QB Liberty || Texans 1.003 -> Eagles 1.015 + 1.019
    notes: Originally I had this trade, but coming up for Kayvon Thibodeaux. I'm keeping the projected trade, but now it's for Malik Willis who gets to develop behind Jalen Hurts or just take the job if he comes out red hot.

1.004 -- New York Jets -- Ahmad 'Sauce' Gardner, CB Cincinnati
    notes: Ahmad 'Sauce' Gardner is the Seattle mold with the prospect behind it to excite. I don't think the scheme demands a lock down corner, but given the option of having one it'd be nice. Gardner pairs opposite Bryce Hall to create a nice young duo for the Jets.

1.005 -- New York Giants -- Kayvon Thibodeaux, EDGE Oregon
    notes: This is both a BPA and need based pick at a premium position. I don't think much more explanation is necessary, but Wink Martindale is the new DC and his attacking front could use a rusher like Kayvon in the role Odafe Oweh played for the Ravens last year.

1.006 -- Carolina Panthers -- Sam Howell, QB UNC
    notes: All time Carolina High School QB and local university star stays local. If McCaffrey returns healthy I could see Howell having a very successful rookie year, but the downside is McCaffrey gets hurt and the OL is what it was and Howell has to scramble, which he is capable of, but it leads to sacks taken and fumbles lost. If the downside happens I think Rhule is replaced, and Howell is a strong character and leader and would be an easy enough sell in coaching interviews. Just protect him and surround with talent and the talent is there with CMC, DJ Moore, Robbie and the LSU pick from last year.

1.007 -- New York Giants -- Charles Cross, LT Mississippi State
    notes: Two tackles off the board and I am assuming Nate Solder is gone. Charles Cross has a bit of that athletic pass blocking long tackle prototype profile Daboll's Bills plucked from repeatedly, and here is a good version of it. I still think this is the Giants preferred offensive tackle if that's the route they go, I had him going 5th to the Giants previously, but that was with Ikem off the board, in this situation I think they would hold off to 7 for tackle.

1.008 -- Atlanta Falcons -- Kyle Hamilton, S Notre Dame
    notes: Kyle Hamilton sort of mirrors the Kyle Pitts situation here of BPA but not a valuable position, this is a front office that has slammed the pick em button in such a spot and Hamilton is from the area for a little bonus point. One freakish Kyle for offense, one for defense and hope to prove positional value thought can go out of the window in cases of blue chip prospects.

1.009 -- Seattle Seahawks -- Evan Neal, LT Alabama
    notes: The Seahawks obviously lost Russell Wilson and that's how they hold this pick, but they also lost Duane Brown, and Evan Neal is the superior prospect to the remaining QBs. Neal has the athleticism needed, but also fits the crazy size a lot of Pete's tackles have been and he's dipped into the 'Bama pool before for the position. Arguably BPA, position of need, and that feels weird with how Seattle otherwise has taken somewhat random players previously. I think in the situation of the top of the board they could have a more traditional order though.

1.010 -- New York Jets -- Jermaine Johnson, EDGE FSU/Georgia
    notes: I debated Ikem here, and in my first mock I had him going to them earlier, he's available here but with the Jets letting Moses walk for cheap I get the feeling they feel like Fant and Becton are healthier than I assume. The type of WR I mocked earlier is speed, but the prospect I mocked bombed a little at the combine in that regard while the class showed depth, so I'm going in another direction with another riser in Johnson whose Senior Bowl to now has risen from early day 2 to early first. Lawson is off injury and they need pressure for the defense to work and outside of the potential of Lawson it's just not there. This is the bigger need than CB was.

1.011 -- Washington Commanders -- Ikem Ekwonu, OL North Carolina State
    notes: The Commanders lost Brandon Scherff and traded for Carson Wentz. Ikem can play either tackle position and would if needed, but this is a potential Quenton Nelson / Brandon Scherff type pick for the Commanders, and as a guard prospect I think this becomes the arguable range compared ~top 5 as a tackle.

1.012 -- Minnesota Vikings -- Derek Stingley Jr., CB LSU
    notes: Vikings grab potentially the best player in the draft is it's more like 2019 form than the recent. Slides because of the foot injury.

1.013 -- Houston Texans -- George Karlaftis, DE Purdue
    notes: George is a really nice fit in Lovie's 4-3 Tampa 2 as a powerful end with enough athleticism to win beyond what a typical replacement would. He offers leadership and drive for greatness needed to build that locker room as well.

1.014 -- Baltimore Ravens -- Andrew Booth, CB Clemson
    notes: I had the Ravens selecting a CB in Stingley in my first, but now he's gone and I have them go corner again.

1.015 -- Houston Texans -- Trent McDuffie, CB Washington || Texans 1.003 -> Eagles 1.015 + 1.019
    notes: A very good zone corner to fit the Tampa 2 and meet a need while being not a reach as a prospect.

1.016 -- Philadelphia Eagles -- Drake London, WR USC
    notes: After moving up for a QB, they grab a WR to pair with Devonta Smith and Dallas Goedert to create a good situation. Drake is like a ++ version of what JJ Arcega Whiteside was supposed to be so I would assume Howie Roseman likes him.

1.017 -- Los Angeles Chargers -- Jordan Davis, NT Georgia
    notes: It was a popular pick early on due to how bad LAC was at stopping the run, but then Jordan Davis blew up the combine and LAC made a number of great offseason moves and the nose tackle is a big need that now is also BPA.

1.018 -- New Orleans Saints -- Garrett Wilson, WR The Ohio State
    notes: I personally prefer Chris Olave of the two OSU prospects at WR, but if Michael Thomas for real returns and one of the Saints other options (maybe Callaway?) emerges as a outside WR2, then I really like Wilson in the slot. I think he's bursty and creative enough that it would be a great complement to Thomas' slants drawing coverage and then Wilson making plays in space.

1.019 -- Houston Texans -- Devin Lloyd, LB Utah || Texans 1.003 -> Eagles 1.015 + 1.019
    notes: Lovie Smith's successful Bears defenses were featuring Brian Urlacher and Lance Briggs. Nick Casserio on the Patriots was a part of drafting two linebackers in the first with Jerod Mayo at 10 and Donta Hightower at 25. Additionally last year JJ Watt requested his release so a defensive leader is a need and linebacker is a traditional communicator and leadership position. I don't think there is any chance at 3 with off ball linebacker so far off positional value from third overall, but as a trade down building block?

1.020 -- Pittsburgh Steelers -- Kenny Pickett, QB Pittsburgh
    notes: I think the one they want is Malik Willis, but I have the Eagles trading up for him, and then the Panthers selecting Howell and Pickett now falling to the Steelers without having to move up. With Mitch under contract they don't need to spend extra resources on a QB in the class, but if one of the top 3 falls to them I don't think they would pass.

1.021 -- New England Patriots -- Trevor Penning, OT Northern Iowa
    notes: Penning has a mean streak in his mentality and run blocking and that seems like a fit with the smashmouth looks the Patriots have identified with using Damien Harris and Rhamondre Stevenson. I think he and Trent would play tackle and Wynn would move back to guard with Onwenu.

1.022 -- Green Bay Packers -- Zion Johnson, G Boston College
    notes: I think Johnson is a fantastic fit in the Shannahan/McVay/LaFleur/Taylor/McDaniel offense and the Packers could use another guard with Jenkins being both a standout, but also primary reserve tackle. I think this is appropriate range as well.

1.023 -- Arizona Cardinals -- David Ojabo, EDGE Michigan
    notes: The torn Achilles drops him and I had him slotted to the Colts in the 2nd as a result, but with Chandler Jones leaving I think the Cardinals would just want potential blue chip traits at OLB/EDGE. He might not be ready early, but if he comes back and contributes later in the year that's when the Cardinals have slumped in recent years and potentially could help in a playoff push.

1.024 -- Dallas Cowboys -- Daxton Hill, NB/S Michigan
    notes: I think the Cowboys would be interested in Hill especially as the Earl Thomas single high type safety for Dan Quinn's defense. He has nickle upside as well if someone else emerges for the safety role though. His athleticism is pretty unique and would play well to the range demands of Quinn's FS though.

1.025 -- Buffalo Bills -- Roger McCreary, CB Auburn
    notes: I don't know if he'd play nickle (and Dane Jackson outside) or if he'd play opposite of TreDavious White. He's sudden, smooth and fluid and would be a good contributer, just he has a lack of length.

1.026 -- Tennessee Titans -- Tyler Linderbaum, C Iowa
    notes: If it weren't for size and length concerns he'd be a much higher pick. The Titans have a good center in Ben Jones, but he's 33.

1.027 -- Tampa Bay Buccaneers -- Logan Hall, DE/DT Houston
    notes: With the weight gain he has made Logan Hall enters the conversation as a real prospect. He played at an odd 6'6" 260 at DT at Houston but gained 20ish pounds by his proday and with his swim move and long arms could be a weapon on their DL replacing Suh next to Vea opposite Gholston.

1.028 -- Green Bay Packers -- Chris Olave, WR The Ohio State
    notes: With multiple WRs available at the pick and a screaming need after trading Davante Adams, I have the Packers selecting one that can contribute right away. I think they would double dip in the upcoming picks and perhaps would take an upside shot like Christian Watson, or a guy off injury in George Pickens. Olave would compliment either.

1.029 -- Kansas City Chiefs -- Jameson Williams, WR Alabama
    notes: After trading Tyreek, the Chiefs look for the deep threat of this class even if he is recovering from an ACL. This is a long term investment in Mahomes on a rookie deal with the 5th year option as FA solutions continue to get more and more pricey.

1.030 -- Kansas City Chiefs -- Kaiir Elam, CB Florida
    notes: I badly want to mock Daxton Hill or Devin Lloyd to this pick, and think they may try and move up once one of the two go. I have Lloyd going 19th and Hill 24th so it wouldn't be a massive leap, but if they stay put I could see Elam making it into the first round. I think offensive tackle is possibilty as well if there isn't progress on an Orlando Brown extension -- which I assume there will be if the Chiefs didn't pay Tyreek or Mathieu. Elam is a physical corner that would be a worthy selection in this scenario I would think though.

1.031 -- Cincinnati Bengals -- Devonte Wyatt, DT Georgia
    notes: in my notes as my computer died last night [Feb 6th], I quickly typed out "or Georgia DT" and I'm audibling to that this morning. It's less of a reach by about a round in my rough big board and I feel like Devonte Wyatt would play well on that line with a base of Hubbard, Reader, Wyatt and Hendrickson. Wyatt showed well in the Senior Bowl especially in practices and I think he is the primier three tech of the class, where Leal is more a tweener 5/3 tech, but also similar grade to me. I am sticking to the Wyatt pick in my update as the Bengals have addressed OL in FA.

1.032 -- Detroit Lions -- Treylon Burks, WR Arkansas
    notes: After kinda missing his opportunity to test into the top ten, I have Burks falling to the end of the first to the WR needy Lions. Chark, Burks and St. Brown would be a fantastic trio compared to last year before Amon Ra's breakout run.

Well done.

I hate McDaniels why can't we have a good coach

Because the NFL hates the Raiders

My other car is a TARDIS. bdog1321's Avatar

Fuck you lex

Quote Originally Posted by bdog1321 View Post
    Fuck you lex
    I support this.

My mock draft for this year:
    1. CAR - C.J. Stroud, QB The Ohio State
    2. HOU - Bryce Young, QB Alabama
    3. LVR - Anthony Richardson, QB Florida