Page 64 of 492 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114164 ... LastLast

Thread: For NFL fans

My other car is a TARDIS. bdog1321's Avatar

I implore you to go do some research on tony romo's turnover rates, both fumbling and interceptions. You'll be disappointed
    [URL=http://s217.photobucket.com/user/bdog1321/media/jfk-1.jpg.html]

[ broke link: http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/c...sdb2e3340.gif]

it was short lived but it was fun <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash
    You're actually a stupid people.

I Love Lex and want to have his babies

Did...Did Cliche really say that Brady isn't egotistical?

Holy mother of God...

Zeke and Dak are playing great, but don't forget how good this offensive line is. The blocks they were throwing today ... Alfred Morris was averaging 5.5 a carry, so it's not like it's just Zeke having success or Prescott completing tough passes. He has time to throw and scan the field and he's not getting hit a lot. Injuries are inevitable in the NFL, and if someone on the line gets banged up Prescott may not look quite as good without the same protection. I'm not saying he's going to struggle just because he's a rookie, but it's possible this offense slows down a bit as the season wears on. Romo is really, really good, let's not pretend like he's not. If it weren't for the injuries that have plagued him the last several years, he would be putting up monster years with this O-line (like leading the league in passer rating in 2014). I think Prescott playing well lets Romo rest up a few extra weeks, but I don't know how he doesn't get the call once he's healthy. And I don't see Dak as the type of person to protest - he knows he's the future of this team.

Quote Originally Posted by bdog1321 View Post
    I implore you to go do some research on tony romo's turnover rates, both fumbling and interceptions. You'll be disappointed
    Double digit picks 6/10 years, with 9 two other years. 2010 and 2015 were greatly shortened seasons with 7 picks each. Wasn't near the top of the league in int% for the seasons I checked. Something particular you want me to be looking at here? I do think Romo is a good QB overall tho.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    Did...Did Cliche really say that Brady isn't egotistical?

Holy mother of God...
    e·go·tis·ti·cal
    ˌēɡəˈtistək(ə)l/
    adjective
    excessively conceited or absorbed in oneself; self-centered

Show me an example of Brady being egotistical. Seriously. Just because he wins a lot and knows he's good doesn't mean he's egotistical. If anything, Brady is the epitome of a team player, a perfect teammate.

He is no Donald Trump, for example. Donald Trump is someone who is egotistical.

edit: I suppose I should clarify since we're conflating terms here.

e·go
    ˈēɡō/
    noun
    a person's sense of self-esteem or self-importance.
    "a boost to my ego"
    synonyms: self-esteem, self-importance, self-worth, self-respect, self-image, self-confidence
    "the defeat was a bruise to his ego"
    PSYCHOANALYSIS
    the part of the mind that mediates between the conscious and the unconscious and is responsible for reality testing and a sense of personal identity.
    PHILOSOPHY
    (in metaphysics) a conscious thinking subject.

I assume 'having an ego' means someone is egotistical. If that's not what Burn meant, then my mistake. Of course Brady has an 'ego.' We all do.
    Last edited by rainblade; 10-09-2016 at 10:03 PM.

Eat shit and die Rivers (but thanks for scoring me a dick ton of fantasy points <3)
    Raiders #1!!!!

My other car is a TARDIS. bdog1321's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Da Gyps View Post
    Double digit picks 6/10 years, with 9 two other years. 2010 and 2015 were greatly shortened seasons with 7 picks each. Wasn't near the top of the league in int% for the seasons I checked. Something particular you want me to be looking at here? I do think Romo is a good QB overall tho.
    He has a very low interception percentage. It's the same as newton, Peyton, and roethlisberger's. Are any of them considered turnover machines, or even relatively turnover prone? No.

Please refer here http://www.pro-football-reference.co...ing_career.htm and play around with the career qb stats. Romo is near the top of all of them and his skills haven't disminished. Dakmania is embarrassing to witness when you take a step back and really realize what you're saying. Romo isn't good, he's historically great. And you have to take that even if there's a risk for injury.
    [URL=http://s217.photobucket.com/user/bdog1321/media/jfk-1.jpg.html]

[ broke link: http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/c...sdb2e3340.gif]

it was short lived but it was fun <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash
    You're actually a stupid people.

I Love Lex and want to have his babies

Quote Originally Posted by rainblade View Post
    e·go·tis·ti·cal
    ˌēɡəˈtistək(ə)l/
    adjective
    excessively conceited or absorbed in oneself; self-centered

Show me an example of Brady being egotistical. Seriously. Just because he wins a lot and knows he's good doesn't mean he's egotistical. If anything, Brady is the epitome of a team player, a perfect teammate.

He is no Donald Trump, for example. Donald Trump is someone who is egotistical.

edit: I suppose I should clarify since we're conflating terms here.

e·go
    ˈēɡō/
    noun
    a person's sense of self-esteem or self-importance.
    "a boost to my ego"
    synonyms: self-esteem, self-importance, self-worth, self-respect, self-image, self-confidence
    "the defeat was a bruise to his ego"
    PSYCHOANALYSIS
    the part of the mind that mediates between the conscious and the unconscious and is responsible for reality testing and a sense of personal identity.
    PHILOSOPHY
    (in metaphysics) a conscious thinking subject.

I assume 'having an ego' means someone is egotistical. If that's not what Burn meant, then my mistake. Of course Brady has an 'ego.' We all do.
    I was just making a joke, and you wrecked it. Dick

Quote Originally Posted by bdog1321 View Post
    He has a very low interception percentage. It's the same as newton, Peyton, and roethlisberger's. Are any of them considered turnover machines, or even relatively turnover prone? No.

Please refer here http://www.pro-football-reference.co...ing_career.htm and play around with the career qb stats. Romo is near the top of all of them and his skills haven't disminished. Dakmania is embarrassing to witness when you take a step back and really realize what you're saying. Romo isn't good, he's historically great. And you have to take that even if there's a risk for injury.
    Great QBs tend to win playoff games.

Also if you think Romo is a top 5 QB of all time you are https://youtu.be/IF2RYhNhBdw?t=1m34s

Thread Information