Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: netjak.com

Quote Originally Posted by |AFO| View Post
    ...Hell, SI had this annoying recruitment process that IMO was pretty restrictive on leadership. I think 12 did a good job of letting leaders lead clans on their respective servers. And having faith that they'd invite worthy players, instead of requiring multiple leaders to track down a player. Y'alls recruitment process is the reason I didn't join. I actually wanted to join SI originally since your name was pretty bad ass. But it was too much of a pain in the ass to get invited.
    Yeah the rules were great in say 2004-2007 when people were always on. I had a lot of people including recruiters and leaders say should we keep doing this? I think we even dumped it down to 3-4 recruiters at one point. Like mask says.. it was really to see if you had a good attitude and see if it you really wanted a clan mates or just the title. Its ok you settled for second class

Quote Originally Posted by Mask View Post
    Those test games were mainly just to judge new possible recruit's attitude and if he was patience enough to wait and play few games with recruiters, me as a leader I knew I'm going to get a pretty good and loyal member. But if he was to say that he didn't want to wait for that long then he probably would of not stayed for long anyway. Maybe the rules were strick before but not anymore when I joined. And KAP got in, so it couldn't be too strick before either.
    Again.. personality won over skill sometimes. Depending on the recruiting core at the time. If you were unfortunate enough to get one of the "founders" skill would be considered and we would add you to help you.. and of course we had a blackball list too..

Quote Originally Posted by Bogart View Post
    ... didn't they ask you for nude pics too?
    We only asked TB for those really..

Quote Originally Posted by DivineLeft View Post
    We only asked TB for those really..
    Well, TheBurning and KAP anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by |AFO| View Post
    Well, I stayed in NJ. ;p
    I was just generalizing (is that the word?)

Quote Originally Posted by Bogart View Post
    ... didn't they ask you for nude pics too?
    So that they'd let me to join? No. They had to give me theirs so I would join. ;P
    I didn't have to pass any recruitment process since Jonspen convinced me and matz to merge our clan (KOH - was top 4-5 clan back in a day in Legends) with SI to help to kick life back in to SI in Legends. They were kinda sleeping giant back then in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mask View Post
    I was just generalizing (is that the word?)
    Yup. Perfect use.

How long you're "willing to wait" to join a clan you don't even know doesn't do anything to prove real loyalty. It just filters the crowd based on some random criterion. That's not good recruiting; that's pretending to know something about human psychology. netjak was way less strict than SI and they had better 'personalities.'

Ahh but you see Cliche you've missed something entirely. That small requirement, the requirement to wait and go through the recruitment process, is one of many things that made Strategic Insomniacs a tighter knit and longer lasting social community. It helped ensure that the recruit genuinely wanted to be in the clan, and possessed the patience needed to do so. Loyalty and patience, loyalty and patience a good clan mate make, not solely raw skill.

I love random croutons... preferably with cheese.

a game that I am creating in my spare time. find the how-to-play >here<

Quote Originally Posted by Toledo View Post
    Ahh but you see Cliche you've missed something entirely. That small requirement, the requirement to wait and go through the recruitment process, is one of many things that made Strategic Insomniacs a tighter knit and longer lasting social community. It helped ensure that the recruit genuinely wanted to be in the clan, and possessed the patience needed to do so. Loyalty and patience, loyalty and patience a good clan mate make, not solely raw skill.
    Oh, I'm not trying to make it seem like NJ was all about skill. That was part of it, but we had other requirements, too. Though, it was more of a case-by-case thing than a '1000+ stat/three different recruiters must approve before you can join' thing.

TAO's School Yard Bully KickAssPlaya's Avatar

There's always two sides to every story...those who went to noobjak and those the went to SI.

The bickering would never end because everyone feels there side is the best.

Also elim...I could have totally got in to nj if I wanted too. Have you seen my skills!?!?!

Nah, I'd never say "NJ was better than SI, BRO!" SI had a lot of the best players just like NJ did.

Thread Information