Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324 LastLast

Thread: General New Game Discussion

Looks awesome, mad props. Hope to see it live up to the potential it has!

Quote Originally Posted by Omni View Post
    , however- I'm very limited to just PHP/MySQL/AJAX/Javascript. I have created a "browser based Tactics Arena"-type of thing in the past; however, elimination is probably the only player that I see on this forums that I know of who has actually tried it.
    Who are you again? You talking about that phfrontier game? If not I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.
    @hulky- Its pretty damn cool so far, I was wondering though why are the number of rows on campaign mode limited to only 3 rather 5 like single player AL?
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverik View Post
    you're OUR idiot, which is the point in the end
    Netjak win Netjak strong Netjak forever
    https://vimeo.com/user175625740 my new game recordings

Quote Originally Posted by elimination View Post
    , I was wondering though why are the number of rows on campaign mode limited to only 3 rather 5 like single player AL?
    Because I was showing Hex instead of square since people weren't really sure which they wanted in chat/fb/forums I spent too much time trying to think of a good hex board so I said f it and just put up a simple one with some fog of war to show that as a potential option.

Looks great! Keep it up!

Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    Because I was showing Hex instead of square since people weren't really sure which they wanted in chat/fb/forums I spent too much time trying to think of a good hex board so I said f it and just put up a simple one with some fog of war to show that as a potential option.
    I think it's easier to work with squares for now since it's easier to look at movement and balance the game that way. It would also appeal to those people who want the old TAO feel, the new hex drastically changes up strategy.

just some rage and three kinds of yes
    vi veri veniversum vivus vici
    quit these pretentious things and just punch the clock

@elim.
    That's the one.

Wizzy

@elim.
    That's the one.
    So it's cool that you are capable of making a game and all, but are you doing anything or just coming here to let us know that you can? You don't need anyone's permission, there are 2 people working on separate projects, plus 1 or 2 more people who say they're working on projects but are in the wind. PUT UP OR SHUT UP. So tired of this. Hulky actually made a game you can some-what play, and people are still more interested in TALKING about making a game than giving input on the one game that's the furthest along in terms of gameplay... what the monkey man...

Quote Originally Posted by Wizzy View Post
    So it's cool that you are capable of making a game and all, but are you doing anything or just coming here to let us know that you can? You don't need anyone's permission, there are 2 people working on separate projects, plus 1 or 2 more people who say they're working on projects but are in the wind. PUT UP OR SHUT UP. So tired of this. Hulky actually made a game you can some-what play, and people are still more interested in TALKING about making a game than giving input on the one game that's the furthest along in terms of gameplay... what the monkey man...
    Quote Originally Posted by Omni
    If you guys would like to see something like this, I would attempt this project though. I have a server of my own as well but it is a web-based PHP/SQL database server. This type of language is also a very poor way to design a real-time based game, but it would function, at least.
    I've spoken with Hulky and he kindly gave me feedback/his input after I made a post here. I would of course like input before investing time on creating a game on a platform that people may not even like/play. But thank you for kindly giving your input, your temper is greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Omni; 10-11-2016 at 03:14 PM.

Wizzy

I've spoken with Hulky and he kindly gave me feedback/his input after I made a post here. I would of course like input before investing time on creating a game on a platform that people may not even like/play. But thank you for kindly giving your input, your temper is greatly appreciated.
    Sorry that you're one of about 20 people who "who want input before they invest time". Invest some time first. I've seen the screenshots of the game Elim mentioned, and if you're that guy, then yes, invest time.

Input isn't required to create a game using platforms like Unity/flash since those platforms are highly capable of replicating the original TAO game or something similar- A text-based/scripting language is not. Have I wronged you some way? Nevertheless, this isn't a place to flame an arguement with you and definitely not worth the time, but please continue to indulge yourself if it pleases you.

Thread Information