Inspiration: Assassin

Health: 33
    Attack: 14
    Armor: 9
    Range: Attachment 120
    Movement: 2
    Blocking: 20%
    Recovery: 2 Turns

Special: Wolf Pack is able to attack three units simultaneously. For each wolf that attacks an empty tile, the wolf will howl and the entire pack is healed 1 HP. If the all three Wolves attack empty space, it can only be healed to a max of 2 HP, but the Wolf Pack's cooldown will be 1 turn. This heal can occur once every other turn.
    Guess I can start there.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    Name: Bear
    Description: Bear
    Inspiration: Berserker

Health: 60
    Attack: 20
    Armor: 12
    Range: Attachment 119
    Movement: 1
    Blocking: 15%
    Recovery: 3 Turns

Special: Bear's claws inflict a deep wound on the enemy unit. For 2 turns, if this unit moves or attacks, it will bleed for an additional 3 damage. This effect can only occur once.

Dark and Light versions:
    Attachment 106Attachment 107

Notes: Knight with less range, and more power
    Just throwing ideas out there.

I was thinking
    3 knights became 1 bear 1 horseguy 1 bladesman (bear: less movement, more power. horse: less armor, more movement. bladesman: knight clone ?)
    1 assassin became 1 wolf pack (I like the empty squares = heal from Ach's idea. Needs to be slightly better than the assassin stats wise as assassin was generally underpowered.)
    1 cleric became 1 priest (Cleric was a great starting point in TAO, but the exact heal number probably is either the starting point or the last stat added)
    1 furgon became 1 earth elemental (Furgon is pretty balanced imo, maybe one less range or movement since no mud golem)
    1 pryo/lightning ward became 1 fire elemental (Merging the LW with Pyro makes up for no DSM. LW can be defensive, Pyro aggressive, this would need pretty intense balancing)
    1 dragon/beastrider became 1 giant eagle (flying unit, don't know how OP it would be. Flying over shrubs and units is powerful in itself)
    1 enchantress/wisp became 1 pack of rats (some sort of defensive stall/poisoning)
    1 scout became 1 archer (LOS was a huge strategic part of the game, copy pasta it at least in concept)

I was thinking of making an art for each unit dead as well. So when units died they would remain on the field for x turns then disappear afterwards. Dead units can't be walked through like Dragon Tyrant, Beast Rider, Berserker. That would add a defensive element to the game as when you all out attack your dead could get in the way, or you sac a weak unit block an attack while the priest recovers or whatever. Also sense no animation in the first version this would help visualize what is happening.

I think that blend of units would make a solid blend of grey and gold games. Could play into aggressive and defensive strategies.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    Name: Pack of Rats
    Description: a lot of rats
    Inspiration: Poison Wisp/Enchantress

Health: 36
    Attack: 14
    Armor: 0
    Range:Attachment 125
    Movement: 2
    Blocking: 0
    Recovery: 2

Special: After the initial 14 damage against all units in range, the affected units will be infected with the Plague. This unit will be unable to attack until it moves out of range of the Pack of Rats, and will take 2 damage per turn until the Pack of Rats moves, is attacked, or the unit moves out of range. Any other friendly unit that moves directly adjacent to an infected unit or the in-focus Pack of Rats will take 1 damage per turn as long as they remain in that tile.

Dark and Light versions:
    Attachment 112Attachment 113

or normal, if dark looks too dark
    Attachment 114

Notes: Being in the presence of the rat deals damage like Poison wisp regardless of armor each turn end of controlling players turn.
    Don't mean to spam, just a ton if ideas I always had for TAO.

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
    Don't mean to spam, just a ton if ideas I always had for TAO.
    This is pretty cool. With a pack of rats or something else we could have the rats scatter across their attack range to reveal a larger version alone in the center in the final version. I am guessing that this a focus attack? We could even use that animation to do something like remove all the armor from the unit when it is in it's focus attack...since it no longer has it's pack to protect it.

I like the pack of rats idea. They could occupy one space normally, but when they are in focus, they could spread out and bite the units they are attacking. I know we aren't to the animation stages yet, but I think that would be a nice touch when you get there.

Hah. Also what Matt said.

Name: Ram
    Description: Giant Mountain Ram. Big horned sheep mother fucker.
    Inspiration: I always wanted a unit that could move other units out of the way or away form my base.

Health: 40-45
    Attack: 20-25
    *When the ram attacks a unit, it is pushed back 2-3 spaces, unless occupied by another unit. This occurs even when the attack is blocked.
    Armor: 15-20
    Range: 1
    Movement: 4
    Blocking: 50%
    Recovery: 2

Basic concept... Hope you get the gist. I think this would be decent offensively or defensively. Could make it more tank like, with less power, more health, armor, blocking for a more defensive unit too. We could even play with the option of a stun, to incorporate the zerker. I think the zerker was a nice idea, just not executed very well. Also, units wouldn't be able to pass through him cause he's an asshole.

One thing is with something like rats is when the game goes from top down mode to a slight angle like TAO, the rats would be so damned short something cool like spreading out wouldn't be easy to see, nor scaling them into a tile like that.

Maybe cut away animations would work? like top down forever and like a camera on the side for future animations?

So is this the game theme we're going with or are these just placeholder names for the stats/mechanics until we decide on a theme?

Quote Originally Posted by Toledo View Post
    So is this the game theme we're going with or are these just placeholder names for the stats/mechanics until we decide on a theme?
    Yeah I just threw stuff together under Matt's size requirements to get the ball rolling. You can change names or anything.

Thread Information