Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: General New Game Discussion

What do you mean we are being secret? What do you want to know? There's another group making a game as well that essentially stopped talking. I'd say the group on the forums is easily the most transparent.

I asked a while ago for people to develop a game. No one created a proposal, so I made one. I made twenty units with stats. Before that I read people essentially wanted the TAO board, but with an additional no mans land, so I made that. I don't know what you want to know that you think we are hiding. Matt's learning things like what kind of information is where and how it's sent from the game to the server and how to do it efficiently and how to create the server and how to make lobby chat and channels and that sort of thing that I don't understand. Matt's also working on game logic potentially with xyxaxyz2 (who reached out like a month ago by reading this board and being interested). Meletus is helping me learn Blender for 3d modeling and going to help with animations and how we make the graphics efficiently work with the actual game. Mel seems to have the most experience across the entire process.

Hulky, you're being incredibly transparent. Hats off to you and all of the effort you've put into to not only beginning to build a new game but also teaching yourself how. The frustration comes from the fact that there are other groups allegedly creating their own versions, highly skilled individuals such as BR, and yet we have no information whatsoever.

The networking is mostly done for the alpha version. The only thing I am stuck on is how to best instant instantiate the game state. I really don't want to do this part poorly and then have to go back and spend days redoing everything.

Once this is decided the rest of the game should take less than a month for an alpha version.

Br has other priorities right now. Bee started our own group because the slack group hasn't done anything in the past 2-3 weeks.

Hopefully that gives you guys a timeline for an alpha launch. Probably prior to the end of July. It's not going to be pretty though.

Apollo

I just want you to know I'll put on a cheerleading outfit if it helps in any way

Nobody told me you were working on one, that's all. I thought you were just making units for the game BR was building, or just for fun.

just some rage and three kinds of yes
    vi veri veniversum vivus vici
    quit these pretentious things and just punch the clock

Look at the forum title.. read posts.. It's not that hard. I'll send you the evite for paying attention.

Wizzy

that's pretty cool. is that how the different terrains will be? mountains, water, desert, etc?

Thread Information