Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324 LastLast

Thread: General New Game Discussion

I broke the turns [if you want you can cheat and move/attack with your entire team during a turn, and also mind control the opposing team to walk towards you... so kinda a big deal even though I have the code written to only allow a single unit to move in a turn, and selecting opposing units shouldn't be able to happen] and have asked a support group for help.

I also got animations to work [figured out the controllers and updated the units] since that video yesterday. Related to animation though is I need to figure out shoot objects and effects/particles a bit better. Theres a default ball you can see in the video and a few I have, but upgrading those if it's easy would be cool [ie. an arrow for the archer instead of the default grey ball].

I got turn order fixed. The issue was over four different scripts so that was a little confusing.

Now I am going to finish the animations, then work on the armor table (which seems straight forward but will be a lot of typing). After that maybe I'll try to look into networking, but that's such a complete unknown to me it might not be worth looking into for me yet. Another unknown I want to look into is the user interface a bit more.

Really honestly could use a game name about now though and if no one picks one I think I am rolling with Tile Arena Online.

Just wanted to say I'm constantly reading all your updates in the different threads and am also excited to see what you're cooking up

Getting a little frustrated redoing the same steps over and over. (adding the units and writing all their specifics, then redoing it all to add in the animation controller, now redoing it all again to add colliders so a basic LOS can be used [like the Archer can't just snipe anyone in range, you can put a guy in the way to block])

EDIT: fuck LOS for now, not feeling like spending all the time on it.

I missed the poll, but I'd like to cast a vote anyway. I like the idea of simply calling it Tao. Tile Arena Online sounds kinda lame. =\

Wizzy

Wow man that is not what I was expecting to see so early on.. Great fucking job.

damn dude, that's fucking sick

if you had a dev team to work with, you could crush it

Anyways this is released if you wanna click around on it. It's for Windows (I have a Mac one on my computer, but the one I shared is Windows). It's a download you need this .exe [ link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/sne9kuu3fs...ndows.exe?dl=0 ] and then the folder next to it from this link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/38biew3pu...zkaal4oCa?dl=0

Anyways once you download the .exe from the first link and the folder from the second you put them on your desktop then click the .exe one to open it.

Wizzy

Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    Anyways this is released if you wanna click around on it. It's for Windows (I have a Mac one on my computer, but the one I shared is Windows). It's a download you need this .exe [ link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/sne9kuu3fs...ndows.exe?dl=0 ] and then the folder next to it from this link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/38biew3pu...zkaal4oCa?dl=0

Anyways once you download the .exe from the first link and the folder from the second you put them on your desktop then click the .exe one to open it.

Played around with it a little. Lots of potential

Thread Information