Thread: For NBA fans

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer 555 View Post
    that and maybe he wanted to play in an actual system with ball movement. he said in his letter for the players tribune something about how he wanted to improve his game or maximize his potential. i would have to agree this move could really potentially make him better. Its amazing to think durant could be better then weve seen him in a system that emphasizes ball movement. Durant is a bit turnover prone, but I think in this system durant might be able to maximize his passing ability (which I pretty good). I think defensively durant could be better on this team as well. Honestly see durant being the #1 option on this team and draymond I gonna be even more of a double double machine. My bet is klay becomes entirely a spotup shooter, steph regresses a bit and plays a bit more off the ball, draymond plays a shit ton of point forward and avgs 8+ assists per game and durant morphs into an unstoppable shooting centre.

steph - klay - iggy - green - durant...
    1st and foremost. iggy will be the 6 man I believe.

2nd green would be C with Durant at the 4 in that situation. may even put iggy on the 4 to keep Durant at 3 at times. I think you're correct to assume Curry/Thompson will play off the ball more, but that's what happens when a superstar joins your team. Curry seems to be perfectly fine taking back seat to Durant, which I find interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Greendaybum5 View Post
    1st and foremost. iggy will be the 6 man I believe.

2nd green would be C with Durant at the 4 in that situation. may even put iggy on the 4 to keep Durant at 3 at times. I think you're correct to assume Curry/Thompson will play off the ball more, but that's what happens when a superstar joins your team. Curry seems to be perfectly fine taking back seat to Durant, which I find interesting.
    Oh no doubt about iggy playin 6th man minutes, I was just highlighting that lineup. I actually think Durant is going to play very little 3 this year. Of course he will play the 3, but the warriors is essentially positionless basketball. I just think it's fascinating the how the warriors could potentially play with that lineup.

Regardless of position in that lineup, I think Durant and Green will be switching a ton and Durant will guard some centres. Green has more lateral quicks and you would rather him guarding the perimeter/help defence for certain matchups and Durant has the length/size to play the 5.

Thread Information