Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Game Concepts

Nah I know you didn't reference that exact verbiage.. But I figured you'd play quite a few games as you said in another thread.. Was curious if you came across any.

I play quite few TBS on both devices. Majority are Ai based so no need for a chat system.. but the ones that are pvp usually have a messaging system you can read between moves or an a separate window. I haven't come across one myself, but was curious if you, or anyone has. We have been talking about all the possible directions these game can go and any input on whats out there and what works is what we are looking for.

Chess.com on Android doesn't have a chat option on the screen.

It's actually very simple, and I think that's the key.

just some rage and three kinds of yes
    vi veri veniversum vivus vici
    quit these pretentious things and just punch the clock

Quote Originally Posted by DivineLeft View Post
    Nah I know you didn't reference that exact verbiage.. But I figured you'd play quite a few games as you said in another thread.. Was curious if you came across any.

I play quite few TBS on both devices. Majority are Ai based so no need for a chat system.. but the ones that are pvp usually have a messaging system you can read between moves or an a separate window. I haven't come across one myself, but was curious if you, or anyone has. We have been talking about all the possible directions these game can go and any input on whats out there and what works is what we are looking for.
    Oh, I thought you were trying to be a prick. Nah, I haven't played many TBS games on my phone. I usually go in for something slightly less time-intensive when I'm browsing Android games. I save chess/TBS for my desktop because I like to be able to focus.

I'll take a look at some formats for games I haven't played much of, though, and see if I can't find a nice one/some nice ideas to suggest.

Quote Originally Posted by Kash View Post
    Chess.com on Android doesn't have a chat option on the screen.

It's actually very simple, and I think that's the key.
    It's also chess, a timeless game. Many people who want to play chess don't care much for the community/chat/tangential bits of the game. TAO's community was always more tight-knit and connected.

Quote Originally Posted by rainblade View Post
    Oh, I thought you were trying to be a prick.
    Who me? recent reveals aside not normally how I post..I'll try and be more ask-y in my next reply.

Nah, I haven't played many TBS games on my phone. I usually go in for something slightly less time-intensive when I'm browsing Android games. I save chess/TBS for my desktop because I like to be able to focus. I'll take a look at some formats for games I haven't played much of, though, and see if I can't find a nice one/some nice ideas to suggest.
    Cool I've been doing the same basically.. but I think maybe for tablets there's stuff but for phone its like taboo. If you find anything I'd be glad to see it.

It's also chess, a timeless game. Many people who want to play chess don't care much for the community/chat/tangential bits of the game. TAO's community was always more tight-knit and connected.
    Was going to respond about the same.. Don't see too many chess experts scream "Hurry up ya puke" #Community.. But yeah different environments of just chess versus building interaction like TAO

The ui provided by hulky is to much for A phone ui. I was thinking board unit stats and damage calculator are persistent on the screen, and movement/attack/position options appear on the screen when you press on a unit

It should be pretty easy to have an in depth UI on a pc and a minimalist UI on a phone, right?

Well it's easy to differentiate the two and give the user different ui'a based on their screen size/media type. Building an awesome ui is a little tricky though.

Thread Information