Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spencer's Annual Draft Analysis

I'm pretty happy with Charlie Blackmon so far even if it's ranked as the worst pick of the first round. The "tradeable" thing seems overblown as well as they just signed him to a 6 year extension for over 100mil.

.333 4HR so far in week 1 for Blackmon

Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    I'm pretty happy with Charlie Blackmon so far even if it's ranked as the worst pick of the first round. The "tradeable" thing seems overblown as well as they just signed him to a 6 year extension for over 100mil.

.333 4HR so far in week 1 for Blackmon
    Tradeable was completely ridiculous to me preseason and is undeniably ridiculous now with the new extension.

Ya he's not likely goin anywhere soon now. I dont think it was as ridiculous as you're saying though preseason Marez. The Rockies evaluators should be taking into consideration Arenado will need to be paid soon, and they have a plethora of outfielders ready to contribute. A trade of Blackmon for some young pitching would have been viable to keep the team relevant now into the future. I guess they think a blackmon/Arenado core will be enough with what they currently have to compete. I dont understand what they're doing over there honestly.

They're gonna trade Arenado to the Braves for $2.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer 555 View Post
    Ya he's not likely goin anywhere soon now. I dont think it was as ridiculous as you're saying though preseason Marez. The Rockies evaluators should be taking into consideration Arenado will need to be paid soon, and they have a plethora of outfielders ready to contribute. A trade of Blackmon for some young pitching would have been viable to keep the team relevant now into the future. I guess they think a blackmon/Arenado core will be enough with what they currently have to compete. I dont understand what they're doing over there honestly.
    They have a lot invested elsewhere, if I were to guess, they are gonna do two things : 1A - Ask for a slight discount with player options early on (something similar to Tanaka) 1B - Wait and pray for Machado to sign an extension with the O's midseason and make a decision before the trade deadline. I don't see him being there in 2018, but it's possible they do something similar like Blackmon, 6 year / 28-33 annual with player opt-out options after year 3 and hope he develops enough to opt-out for more money later on.

Arenado still has another year of team control.

I honestly don't even remember when I got in the draft. I spaced and thought it started later than it did.

You lucked out for the most part early haha

Thread Information