Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Theme for New Game

Default Theme for New Game

If we make something similar to TAO what sort of theme would be appealing?

A Game of Thrones-y vibe (knights, archers, zombies, dragons, witches, nomads, etc)
    A Pirate vibe (swordsman, knives, rifleman, canons, voodoo witches, seamonsters, etc)
    A Risk like vibe (multiple unit clusters on a map like board, moves like an entire army in board game-y fashion)
    A storyline based fantasy game (community driven/written storyline as storyline develops new unit introduced/removed to keep strategies fresh)

Something else? Ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    If we make something similar to TAO what sort of theme would be appealing?

A Game of Thrones-y vibe (knights, archers, zombies, dragons, witches, nomads, etc)
    A Pirate vibe (swordsman, knives, rifleman, canons, voodoo witches, seamonsters, etc)
    A Risk like vibe (multiple unit clusters on a map like board, moves like an entire army in board game-y fashion)
    A storyline based fantasy game (community driven/written storyline as storyline develops new unit introduced/removed to keep strategies fresh)

Something else? Ideas?
    I think the best bet would be to create an entire universe for the game. Doesn't have to be too detailed to begin with(Essentially just a map of a world with different named regions that we can expand upon in future champion lore) just a fresh world with an array of inhabitants. If we wanted to make a pirate unit, we could make a pirate unit from an island region of said universe etc. It would be easy enough to intertwine their stories and regions with some unit/character bios and lore on the website or app. This would give us essentially no limits when designing new champions and archetypes. Additionally, themes or skins for specific units could be sold to help fund the game through micro-transactions. I think I speak for all of us when I say that the pay to win model should be avoided altogether and that letting players choose to spend their money on aesthetic upgrades would be the way to go.

Also need a title with the initials TAO. So if you got favorite words that start with T A or O post them.

Thanks Again, Obama. - Military strategy game, no matter how many times you win no one cares and nothing advances.

Wizzy

Things Always Open

a game where you open doors that lead to nowhere

you kind of have to admit it sounds addicting

Quote Originally Posted by DivineLeft View Post
    Thanks Again, Obama. - Military strategy game, no matter how many times you win no one cares and nothing advances.
    God damnit Mel.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizzy View Post
    Things Always Open

Themed rooms with stuff to kill in each one? or just pure randomness and you have to find the door out to proceed to another pointless room?

Maybe we can do this. Our GOP population would skyrocket and perhaps RG would find his way back.

Themed rooms with stuff to kill in each one? or just pure randomness and you have to find the door out to proceed to another pointless room?
    Gotta say I love this idea... From a coders point of view, randomness is a perfect way of creating a long-lasting ever-refreshing gaming experience... You just need to find the right mechanics.

a game that I am creating in my spare time. find the how-to-play >here<

Quote Originally Posted by Wizzy View Post
    Things Always Open

I have had a reoccurring dream for a long time now, where you start off in a big empty room. Inside the room are a bunch of doors with very broad topics above them. Science, Society, History, Entertainment, etc. As I pick rooms I have, the rooms themselves are like surreal representations of the name above the room. Each room has a series of puzzles/obstacles/enemies that I can complete/defeat to enter new rooms, which are like sub genres of the previous rooms(E.g. Science might have Chemistry, Physics, Technology). After you make it through about three or four tiers of rooms, the names of the rooms become more and more detailed, and there is a lot of overlap between the child rooms and the parent rooms(E.g. Social media might be reached from entering the society room, or the Science Room originally). So far I have never managed to finish w/e it is that I have been trying to do in this dream. It seems like there is supposed to be an end point, but after getting through a few doors, it becomes impossibly hard to distinguish between if I am entering another child room(moving further) or entering a parent room from a different topic(moving backward). Basically it feels like the doors are leading to no where. It is also absolutely my favorite dream ever.

Thread Information