Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need Alpha Testers for Online Tactics Game - Battle is Key!

New Units and Images for the entire cast in OP. Changed the youtube link to a better match. Trapper and Mime have had their health buffed. Spearman now spawns grass with Ability 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizzy` View Post
    me and zander tried to play this

not gonna lie, we're either both retarded... or the game might be a little bit.

it was "fun" but there's not much to it yet. I can definitely see the possibilities in it being a strategy game with trapping units and whatnot, using every unit at once is funny

I only played one game. I won it though...not sure how I did that.

I'll be playing more to see if I'm terrible at it and just don't know the buttons yet(probably the case)
    Woah you played with 10 Units off the bat? I admire your courage. If it was turn-based that might be okay but not here, sorry.
    The buttons are explained the Tutorial section and as of now there is a Tab menu that explains all of the Units Button Controls and their abilities.
    In, training mode or online hit Tab and it will bring up all the info. But since you're here:
    All Units have 4 buttons that control them:
    "Right Shift" - Free Moves
    '/ ' - Normal Attacks
    '>' - Ability1
    '<' - Ability2

The Arrow Keys Controls the Unit movement.

Each Unit will only respond(Move/ Attack) when their assigned letter is held. Hope that helps!
    Thanks for playing - was there any lag or bugs?
    There are 18 Units and the max is 10 per match so which ones did you use?

Quote Originally Posted by Wizzy` View Post
    lol

me and zander both surprised eachother with a field of knights because I guess we both just wanted to play and didn't go into the tutorial. that's on me I guess.

Not sure if it was lag or a bug but once in a while one of the knights would get bashed back a tile without being hit(or maybe it was hit? just no idea what was happening).

like i said, I had fun. I figured out to hold the assigned buttons to move the units, just didn't know how to play fully it seems like, i'll be on tomorrow hoping to find a game.
    lol yea it's on you. Though, based on this site - turn based gameplay, it might have seemed like you could pick 10 units and have infinite time to figure it out. Not so when your opponent could attack at any moment! To repeat TAB key is you friend! Oh and we've added the ability to swap servers now.
    10 units is for high skill. Most people start at 4-6 and move up to 8-10. Also, some maps and game types have RADICALLY different strategies depending on the number of units. You wouldnt use a priest 1v1 but he becomes a staple 6v6 units and up.
    Right Shift and the arrow keys cycles thru the unit spawn options. the number keys also sets the options.So, If you type :
    0 - you'd get a Knight. - staple in death match , so-so in timed against certain teams.
    1 - Geomancer
    2 - Werewolf - This is a noob killer
    3 - Mage
    4 - Priest <- will be hated
    5 - Dragon
    6 - Assassin
    7 - Nother
    8 - Ronin
    9 - Archer
    10 - Monk
    11 - ForestSpirit
    12 - HammerKnight <- fun! Noob- killer too
    13 - Spearman
    14 - Trapper
    15 - Mime <- Boy does he feel op sometimes!
    16 - Sealing Ward
    17 - Elemental Ward <- think TAO

Most units have reactive abilities(Passives) that activate when they are not under direct control
    This reduces the game complexity because you can set n forget certain formations will you focus on other spots in the game.
    example - the archer auto shoots enemies visible within 3 tiles.
    the Mime will copy ally moves.
    the Were wolf will howl when struck and push back nearby objects.

The pushing happened because one of you double tapped forward. If you double tap to move in the same direction you are facing you will push on arrival.
    The Knight does a shield bump - push that prevents status damage and reduces damage by 2/3. Some units will just simply push while other (mime,Wards) can't.
    Double tapping any other direction will make you turn and walk there whereas a simple tap is to walk. To turn in place simply hold the arrow key. This is in the
    Movement tutorial. All the tutorials are 1 - 1.5 min long... we know no one wants to go so we boiled it down quick. When the RPG mode / the training mode ai is up
    you will be able to hone your skills there instead.

You scared me. When you said "not much to it" I thought you had tried all the Units! The OP has a screen shot of the cast. If I had just Knights it would be a meager offering indeed! Email us at cenobiumsoftware@gmail.com if you ever need an opponent and we will see you tomorrow!

The Mime and Trapper models have been replaced.
    2 more units!20 Units total! Bear in mind that these classes are for the Online versus mode only:

Ogre (200 hp)- High Poison Damage and can Auto-Track enemies and chase them down.
    Can find Enemies in Grass. Eats grass for HP. Has a Gore attack that pushes. Extremely weak to fire. Both of his abilities allow diagonal movement.

BomberMan(100) - A unit that slowly loses hp over time and then explodes for massive damage upon death.

Golem will be in this Sunday(5th)! Also the VectoreMage will be in the next build. Golem gets a Punch the causes chain damage if it hit adjacent units.
    Vector mage can set arrow sigils that redirect unit positions.

The pictures above will be updated. There are now 22 Units.

Vector mage and Golem are in NOW! A Tournament will be held sometime this month with a cash prize. It's really just a test of our ranking and match data transfer systems we've set up for AI growth. We'll update as soon as we get more info.

can this be played on an iPad or do you need flash?

Quote Originally Posted by Greendaybum5 View Post
    can this be played on an iPad or do you need flash?
    Sorry, no mobile support or Flash. The game is being developed for PC and Console.
    We have another game for testing that is mobile but it's not a TRPG.
    That said, the game is a bit too complex for Tablets. It's real-time so there's not much time to go thru a traditional UI for engaging Units.
    They're very old, but the OP has some videos of GamePlay including a Youtube Channel.
    Feel Free to ask any questions about the game here or at cenobiumsoftware@gmail.com.

Apollo

Do y'all still need testers? And if so what should I do?

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Do y'all still need testers? And if so what should I do?
    Yea! Just replying to you here so people know. I've got your email just fine.

Thread Information