Page 185 of 194 FirstFirst ... 85135175181182183184185186187188189 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 1935

Thread: For MLB fans

Very happy for Larry Walker.

Derek Jeter got 396/397 votes. I wonder what asshole didn't vote for him.

Yes! Bout damn time!

Quote Originally Posted by manonfire101 View Post
    Derek Jeter got 396/397 votes. I wonder what asshole didn't vote for him.
    Probably a Marlins fan. lol

After Mariano Rivera got 100% votes I thought the voters were done with that stupid tradition of “Nobody gets 100%. If Babe Ruth wasn’t 100% then nobody ever will be!”
    Which is archaic and dumb as fuck but fine. So one or two assholes would hold out on a player like Griffey or Ripken or someone even though they knew for a fact that player was a hall of famer. They were just preserving a stupid old tradition.
    Then a relief pitcher gets 100%...
    Probably the greatest reliever in history but a reliever all the same. First player ever. Not Hank Aaron. Not Willie Mayes. Not Mickey Mantle or Cy Young or Nolan Ryan. Mariano Rivera.
    Fine. The tradition is over and these old fucks are going to start voting honestly according to what they actually believe and the players deserve. Here we go. Derek Jeter. Slam dunk. No discussion necessary.
    And some fucking dipshit votes no.
    Votes no on Derek fucking Jeter. Baseball is so fucking stupid sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    My wife said the watch shown on the show said uh the bad guy groups name before Thanos.

Im with ya hugh. I think Clemons and Bonds are pooched. Next guy I want in from the list of older ballot guys is Rolen. Always hated Schilling. Lots of guys have a fairly good claim still and there really aren't any new guys on the ballot next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
    After Mariano Rivera got 100% votes I thought the voters were done with that stupid tradition of “Nobody gets 100%. If Babe Ruth wasn’t 100% then nobody ever will be!”
    Which is archaic and dumb as fuck but fine. So one or two assholes would hold out on a player like Griffey or Ripken or someone even though they knew for a fact that player was a hall of famer. They were just preserving a stupid old tradition.
    Then a relief pitcher gets 100%...
    Probably the greatest reliever in history but a reliever all the same. First player ever. Not Hank Aaron. Not Willie Mayes. Not Mickey Mantle or Cy Young or Nolan Ryan. Mariano Rivera.
    Fine. The tradition is over and these old fucks are going to start voting honestly according to what they actually believe and the players deserve. Here we go. Derek Jeter. Slam dunk. No discussion necessary.
    And some fucking dipshit votes no.
    Votes no on Derek fucking Jeter. Baseball is so fucking stupid sometimes.
    What do you expect from writers? Not players, or managers, or GMs/Owners. Just random writers, who have nothing to do with the sport and were "grandfathered in", deciding who gets in and who doesn't.

I expect them to be honest. I get what you’re saying, and I agree, but do you really think the one voter who voted no on Derek Jeter for the Hall of Fame REALLY believes Jeter isn’t a first ballot Hall of Famer? No he doesn’t. It’s ridiculous to even suggest it. Anyone who covers baseball for a living knows Derek Jeter is a no brainer.
    It’s fucking stupid, like I said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    My wife said the watch shown on the show said uh the bad guy groups name before Thanos.

Id vote no if Jeter didn't sign my collection of game used Derek Jeter jock straps as well.

You don't vote yes or no. You list ten eligible players you believe should be in. So the guy left Jeter off his balot knowing Jeter was a slam dunk because it let him put an extra fringe player on his balot.

Thread Information