02-23-2017, 11:31 PM
The Kings are just hilariously bad.

Spencer 555
02-25-2017, 08:51 PM
spencer raptors had a nice PJ tucker trade at the buzzer

Yes! I got part of the trade right lol

Greendaybum5
03-01-2017, 09:39 AM
Well this Durant injury potentially could make things interesting....hopefully it's not too serious. I'd love to see a Spurs or Rockets team upset a healthy GS squad in the playoffs

Spencer 555
03-01-2017, 05:28 PM
Utah*

Greendaybum5
03-02-2017, 09:16 AM
Utah*

You think this Utah squad will knock of GS with/without Durant? I like where Utah is heading, but they're not in that league yet.

Spencer 555
03-02-2017, 03:23 PM
Not with Durant, but without him it seems doable for Utah, spurs, rockets.

Spencer 555
03-04-2017, 10:49 AM
DeRozan has been unreal since the Lowry injury. Ibaka and Tucker are really on him to improve defensively. You can see him getting mad out their at times, but angry DeRozan so far has been awesome. 3/3 from 3 point land last night, one of which was a deeeeep three that showed he was confident taking it.

Hopefully Lowry can get back soon though, we aren't going to be much of a challenge for any of the top 5 teams without him.

Serge
03-12-2017, 02:00 AM
Holy shit. Down 21 at halftime and the Wiz come back to win it. On the second game of a b2b and the first game went into OT. And it was the 4th game in 5 nights. This team has grit and balls.

Spencer 555
03-12-2017, 05:50 PM
I'm taking Washington to win the east atmosphere.

Serge
03-25-2017, 10:20 PM
Yeah, we shit the bed and winning the East is probably out of the question now.

But the Cavs can eat a dick tonight! John Wall dropped 37 and 11 on sorry ass Kyrie.

Spencer 555
03-26-2017, 12:14 AM
I meant winning the east as in making it to the finals.

Spencer 555
03-26-2017, 12:16 AM
I've got a new top 50 I'm gonna post at the end of the season :). Wall, Beal and Porter are among the biggest risers.

Greendaybum5
03-27-2017, 08:47 AM
Fucking kings 22-3 run to beat the Clippers. Are you kidding me???

Spencer 555
03-27-2017, 02:02 PM
Starting to hear rumors the raps might let Kyle go in free agency. Would be a massive mistake.

Serge
03-28-2017, 08:50 PM
Is the plan to tank? Who could they bring in that's better than Lowry? The NBA is kind of a joke now tbh since Durant went to GSW.

The Professor
03-28-2017, 11:15 PM
You should read up on this more. Lowry is 31, and aside from a couple of healthy seasons in Toronto, has been injury prone here and there. On top of that, he will be looking for max money, which is somewhere between 180-200 million for 5 years. Studies have shown that PGs typically decline around age 32-33. It's not that insane to comtemplate considering their window may only be this year, and two years more. Maybe.

Serge
03-29-2017, 02:00 AM
Well yeah, but if the assumption is that they only have two more years before their window closes don't you just max Lowry and then gut the team to tank 2 years from now? Not signing Lowry seems like they think they already missed their chance and want to start the tank now.

Like, there are players I'd want on my team over Lowry. I don't see the Raptors getting any of them.

Spencer 555
03-29-2017, 06:09 AM
If they let Lowry walk, they'll be also ran status for several years with Derozan at the helm. I don't wanna watch the raptors grind for that 8th spot. Other then that last sentence by serge, it's essentially how I feel about the situation. Our window is basically closing after this year because of cap construction, and yes I think the raptors are a top 5 team in the NBA with Ibaka and tucker and a healthy Lowry, but if we sign Lowry there are scenarios where that window is extended and we can go into tank mode at the end of it or when Lowry declines.

Greendaybum5
03-29-2017, 07:28 AM
If they let Lowry walk, they'll be also ran status for several years with Derozan at the helm. I don't wanna watch the raptors grind for that 8th spot. Other then that last sentence by serge, it's essentially how I feel about the situation. Our window is basically closing after this year because of cap construction, and yes I think the raptors are a top 5 team in the NBA with Ibaka and tucker and a healthy Lowry, but if we sign Lowry there are scenarios where that window is extended and we can go into tank mode at the end of it or when Lowry declines.

Prob top 6 next year when Sixers get a healthy Simmons and Embiid plus their 1 or 2 top picks in this draft....#Homie4ROY

Spencer 555
03-29-2017, 07:55 AM
Lol keep dreaming Philly. You guys are a playoff run away from being in the conversation.

Spencer 555
03-29-2017, 08:03 AM
If I had to rank teams based purely on paper. My rankings would be (and this is considering fully healthy):

GSW
SAS
CLE
LAC
RAP
WAS
HOU

I think the top 4 are pretty much locked in and the next 3 all have an argument for 5th, but these are the playoff contenders.

I'm not at all convinced the Celtics are as good as the record shows. Thomas is their best player and he's a huge liability defensively. By every metric and the eye test Thomas is the worst defensive player in the league lol and the Celtics are ranked 25th+ in rebounding %. In fact last time I checked they were 29th.

Greendaybum5
03-29-2017, 08:42 AM
If I had to rank teams based purely on paper. My rankings would be (and this is considering fully healthy):

GSW
SAS
CLE
LAC
RAP
WAS
HOU

I think the top 4 are pretty much locked in and the next 3 all have an argument for 5th, but these are the playoff contenders.

I'm not at all convinced the Celtics are as good as the record shows. Thomas is their best player and he's a huge liability defensively. By every metric and the eye test Thomas is the worst defensive player in the league lol and the Celtics are ranked 25th+ in rebounding %. In fact last time I checked they were 29th.

Maybe I'm just a D'Antoni fan, but I put Houston 4th on that list.

Spencer 555
03-29-2017, 09:17 AM
It's hard to see the rockets defense holding up in the playoffs. I don't think Harden has another gear then what he's been all season. Their defensive rating is misleading because they have such a dynamic offense that other teams give up when the rockets go on their inevitable run. That won't happen in the playoffs against the better teams who will grind it out.

It'll be interesting to find out if I'm wrong though haha. Like in baseball, run production value is essentially limitless even though people value pitching, defense and run prevention seemingly more. Flawed analytics.

Spencer 555
03-29-2017, 09:39 AM
Which lineup is better:

Lowry + Derozan + Carroll + Patterson + Ibaka

Vs

Wall + Beal + Porter + Morris + Gortat

Vs

Harden + Beverly + Ariza + Anderson + Capella

Vs

Paul + Reddick + Mbah a Moute + Griffin + Jordan.

Because those are the lineups that get the most minutes in the playoffs for each team.

I'd personally rank Houston 4th on that list.

Spencer 555
03-29-2017, 09:56 AM
Also rank the benches I guess.

JV + Joseph + Tucker + Powell

Mahinmi + Jennings + Oubre + Bogdanovic

Nene + Harrell + Gordon + Williams

Rivers + Speights + Crawdaddy + Felton

I'd probably actually rank the clips last on this list, and the rockets first for what it's worth, but they might even go 8 men deep in the playoffs with that team.

Greendaybum5
03-29-2017, 10:31 AM
Which lineup is better:

Lowry + Derozan + Carroll + Patterson + Ibaka

Vs

Wall + Beal + Porter + Morris + Gortat

Vs

Harden + Beverly + Ariza + Anderson + Capella

Vs

Paul + Reddick + Mbah a Moute + Griffin + Jordan.

Because those are the lineups that get the most minutes in the playoffs for each team.

I'd personally rank Houston 4th on that list.

In a 7 game series I think Houston could easily compete with any of those teams. And I don't think the Clippers are constructed well with 2 bigs that can't shoot. CP3 is stuck in an awful situation. I definitely take Houston over the Clips. The other two maybe, but Rockets are def right there.

Also rank the benches I guess.

JV + Joseph + Tucker + Powell

Mahinmi + Jennings + Oubre + Bogdanovic

Nene + Harrell + Gordon + Williams

Rivers + Speights + Crawdaddy + Felton

I'd probably actually rank the clips last on this list, and the rockets first for what it's worth, but they might even go 8 men deep in the playoffs with that team.

I agree def Rockets on this list. I think they're better than people give them credit for. Also I think Westbrook deserves MVP over Harden. I just think D'Antoni is playing to his team's strengths and love what he's doing. He should win COY in my opinion if you're not giving it to Brett Brown :)

Spencer 555
03-29-2017, 10:18 PM
Haha ya I'd give to either DantonI or pop. Pop is kinda a God every year though.

Sanosuke
03-29-2017, 10:56 PM
It's hard to see the rockets defense holding up in the playoffs. I don't think Harden has another gear then what he's been all season. Their defensive rating is misleading because they have such a dynamic offense that other teams give up when the rockets go on their inevitable run. That won't happen in the playoffs against the better teams who will grind it out.

This is such a silly thing to say. "I believe the other 29 teams are pretty accurate, but not this one! Especially BECAUSE they're winning basketball games."

Spencer 555
03-29-2017, 11:15 PM
Where did I say all the other teams are accurate lol.

Boston is in first place in the east right now and I think they could lose in the first round.

Sanosuke
03-30-2017, 01:11 AM
Because all you did was build a case against houston. Ofc Isaiah Thomas is going do be a fucking defensive liability. You try guarding people that literally have 6"+ on you every game.

Spencer 555
03-30-2017, 08:06 AM
Try guarding people when you have 2 really slow front court players in your most used front court and an elite offensive combo guard who doesn't play defense consistently. (Ryan Anderson, Clint Capela and James Harden). Capela is promising defensively, but hes very green in the league, and cant make up for andersons incompetence. Ariza and beverly can only do so much for that team defensively and then the bench takes over and u have defensive sieves on your bench. They're ranked 17th in defensive efficiency ahead of a few teams I think have better defensive players and compositions.

Spencer 555
03-30-2017, 08:09 AM
Namely the wizards, pacers, bucks, magic and cavs...

Greendaybum5
03-30-2017, 08:11 AM
Try guarding people when you have 2 really slow front court players in your most used front court and an elite offensive combo guard who doesn't play defense consistently. (Ryan Anderson, Clint Capela and James Harden). Capela is promising defensively, but hes very green in the league, and cant make up for andersons incompetence. Ariza and beverly can only do so much for that team defensively and then the bench takes over and u have defensive sieves on your bench. They're ranked 17th in defensive efficiency ahead of a few teams I think have better defensive players and compositions.

I think Harden is just as good if not a better fit in D'Antoni's system then Nash/Stoudemire were. That team was so fun to watch and I think it's why (with the sixers out) I'm cheering for the Rockets. They're super entertaining and look at how he runs the offense it's out of this world amazing. I think they average like 2-3x more 3's per game then the NBA record coming into this year. They also only shoot 3's or from within 3 ft of the basket. It's amazing how no other team has tried to mimic (at least successfully) this strategy.

Side note - Westbrooks triple double last night....Out of this world amazing. Think about all the other teams that had stars leave and how bad they were the next year.... Cleveland sucked, Toronto Sucked... Hornets (now pelicans) sucked when Paul left, Lakers post Kobe, Sixers after Iverson trade. Westbrook has his team in the playoffs the first year after Durant left and they're 12 games over .500. Simply amazing he should be the unanimous MVP.

Spencer 555
03-30-2017, 09:27 AM
I don't know how u can love the rockets so much and not think Harden is the mvp :p.

Honestly agree with everything ur saying bout Harden and the rockets, just not confident it's gonna work in the playoffs.

Greendaybum5
03-30-2017, 10:02 AM
I don't know how u can love the rockets so much and not think Harden is the mvp :p.

Honestly agree with everything ur saying bout Harden and the rockets, just not confident it's gonna work in the playoffs.

I'm a basketball fan. How people are choosing Harden over Westbrook baffles me lol.

Harden is having a spectacular year with only slightly better talent around him than what's in OKC I suppose, but just don't see how people aren't appreciating what Russ is doing. We're watching one of the best statistical runs in the history of the NBA. I really wish the Sixers could find a way to scoop him up lol.

KBHoleN1
03-30-2017, 11:00 AM
Sorry, Russ chasing rebounds doesn't impress me. He's the worst PG in the league at contest rate and FG% against because he's leaving his man to crash the boards and pad his stats. He leads the league in rebounds off missed free throws, because his big men box out for him and let him take them.His scoring and assisting are impressive, but the numbers he puts up are as much a product of his usage rate (7% higher than 2nd place Harden!) as they are his ability.

Spencer 555
03-30-2017, 11:12 AM
I wouldn't want him honestly. I don't know how you can win a championship with Russ unless u surround him with complimentary players. Defense first players who can shoot or get offensive rebounds like Jordan had. Those Bulls teams were dominant defensive teams more then they were offensively talented imo. Mj just propped up the offense with his shear statistical dominance. Like MJ, Russ would be a one man show on any team he plays for (even surrounded by talent) and that's really hard for players to gel with. To me Durant left because he felt Westbrook was a ball hog, and to me he's not wrong. The sixers young players would have a hard time developing surrounding russ imo.

Harden is honestly pretty similar, but he does it a lot more efficiently and with a lower usage rate.

Edit* wouldn't want him on the sixers.

Spencer 555
03-30-2017, 11:19 AM
Could you imagine russ on the pelicans?

Sanosuke
03-30-2017, 01:08 PM
Sorry, Russ chasing rebounds doesn't impress me. He's the worst PG in the league at contest rate and FG% against because he's leaving his man to crash the boards and pad his stats. He leads the league in rebounds off missed free throws, because his big men box out for him and let him take them.His scoring and assisting are impressive, but the numbers he puts up are as much a product of his usage rate (7% higher than 2nd place Harden!) as they are his ability.

Who else is going to use possessions on that team and pose the same threat? OKC is literally only relevant BECAUSE of Westbrook.

Greendaybum5
03-30-2017, 01:10 PM
Could you imagine russ on the pelicans?

if that happens sixers could get Jrue back :)

And as much as I can't wait to see Simmons and Embiid play a full year with the Homie complimenting them, I'd gladly take a Westbrook and let Brett Brown coach him. There are definitely better fits than Russ, but still would be fun to watch that team run the floor.

Detonation
03-30-2017, 06:22 PM
I think Harden should win MVP. Not gonna lie, before the season started, I thought Houston wasn't even going to make the playoff, and OKC was going to end up being the 5th or 6th best team in the West.

I'm not very impressed with Westbrook's assists and points, he's improved his passing a little bit but he's always been capable of this scoring and getting this many assists, he just has the balls in his hands every possession now since KD is gone. Despite of all that, he has't made much improvement, he's still a terrible decision maker, especially down the stretch. The rebounds are impressive though, yes he does chase rebounds but sometimes you just see him almost jump out of the building and snatch rebounds with just pure athleticism.

IMO, OKC has to end at least 4th or 5th in the West to have a legit MVP conversation of Westbrook vs Harden, if they end up 6th or 7th, Harden is the easy choice. You can say D'Antoni's system is helping him alot but he's improved his decision making alot and has become more of a willing passer. That being said, I have yet to see Harden have a great playoff run, I don't remember him playing great since he was in OKC during the playoff, everyone bashed Howard but Howard always showed up with the Rockets during the playoff as opposed to Harden.

Also, @ Spencer, man you overate how good Lowry is offensively by alot lol. I think the Wizards are the second best team in the East.

Spencer 555
03-30-2017, 07:46 PM
I don't deto. You just underrate him, as do most people.

You're kinda trolling me at this point. Ive listed so many undeniable facts about Lowry that make him a great player and you continue to think I'm just a dumb homer because I like the raptors. I don't wanna hear it anymore lol.

If anything, I underrate Irving and think he's all flash and 0 substance.

Detonation
03-30-2017, 08:05 PM
I don't deto. You just underrate him, as do most people.

You're kinda trolling me at this point. Ive listed so many undeniable facts about Lowry that make him a great player and you continue to think I'm just a dumb homer because I like the raptors. I don't wanna hear it anymore lol.

If anything, I underrate Irving and think he's all flash and 0 substance.

Lol

I don't underrate him at all man, I have always been high on Lowry but I think we are at a point where both Wall and Kyrie have surpassed him.

are you kidding me? I told you that just last season and probably the last couple of seasons I had Lowry higher than Kyrie and Wall, a top 20 player, maybe even top 15. He's even been snubbed a few times from being an allstar starter but since the second half of last season, playoff and throughout this year I'd rather have Kyrie and Wall. I think you underrate Wall more than Kyrie.

I never said he isn't a great player, I'm simply saying he really isn't as good offensively as you think he is or you describe him to be.

Spencer 555
03-30-2017, 08:27 PM
Naw I've got Wall ahead of Kyrie now. On my list I said Wall could take a big step if he could get Beal and Porter more involved and the team gelling and it seems like he's done that. The wiz defense the last 10 or so games has been concerning though..

I also said it baffled me that the wiz were so bad when I posted my top 50 and said that wall and Beal need to be better then this. They've outperformed any reasonable expectation I would have had since then haha!

I still have Lowry ahead of both, but Wall is really close. Actually have all 3 pretty much clumped together. Wall is a jumpshot away from being a top 5 player let's be honest. And Irving is... consistency/hustle away from being a top 10-15?

Spencer 555
03-30-2017, 08:39 PM
And to answer ur claim that he isn't as good as I think offensively, Ive always said that Lowry is a second option. Lowry is not skilled enough offensively (like Irving absolutely is) to be a #1 scorer. Wall also imo is not a #1 scorer on a championship contending team. But he has Beal and Lowry has Derozan who both are. Irving doesn't compliment LeBron, he just gives LeBron a breather every once in awhile and makes some nice iso plays that we can all oooahh at.

The Professor
03-30-2017, 10:20 PM
But value of a player should be higher for what they can do in the playoffs. Lowry is like the player version of the Thibodeau Bulls, plays really hard in the regular season but can't take it up another level during the playoffs. In fact, his scoring was down significantly in 14-15 playoffs and 3 points less in 15-16. And it's not like he has all world defenders hounding him especially with Derozan able to siphon some coverage away.

Lowry is great in the regular season, but when everyone plays hard in the playoffs, his limitations rear themselves. And at 31, he may get better one more year, but after that there is a good chance he'll decline significantly.

Spencer 555
03-31-2017, 12:22 PM
He's already showing signs of decline defensively. But the offense is on the uptick along with Derozan. Id say this is the first year I feel really comfortable with their offense going into the playoffs.

Derozan is having a true breakout this year, and Lowry kinda has had a weird progression.

Year one was kinda fluky

Year 2 he was out of shape and wall made him his bitch

Year 3 was the elbow injury he played through (skinny Lowry woulda made that cavs series at least somewhat interesting)

Year 4 is prove it season.. skinny lowry is still a top 20 player in the league and is better then wall and irving. He's injured now, but his offensive percentages and efficiency is up across the board since the beginning of the season. He and Derozan need to prove it in the playoffs this year because the cavs don't appear as strong as last year and teams like Washington/Boston are going to pass us as Lowry declines (if they haven't already)

That all being said, I'm selfish. This core is still good with a declining Lowry and the raps are a big enough market to sign him. The fans deserve a couple more playoff runs even if it means we may watch Lowry fall apart. Lowry's game is built on basketball IQ, Hustle and playmaking.. so he seems like the type of player who can age gracefully.

Spencer 555
04-06-2017, 07:57 AM
Lowry with 27-10 day back from injury while playing 42 minutes. Safe to say he's healthy for the playoffs.

I know this is gonna sound homerish, but I think the raps are gonna win the east unless LeBron goes full beast mode again.

KBHoleN1
04-06-2017, 08:02 AM
But you haven't beaten the Cavs once this year. That's what it'll come down to is being able to grind out wins over the Cavs in a series. Unless the Cavs fall apart, I don't see how anyone in the East will beat them, especially after what they did to Boston last night.

Spencer 555
04-06-2017, 08:56 AM
I've maintained that I don't think Boston has a chance. We haven't had one game against the cavs fully healthy all year.

It's either washington, Toronto or the cavs for me. And the cavs need peak LeBron.

Greendaybum5
04-06-2017, 03:49 PM
Cavs won't have a series go more than 5 games coming out of the east. Heard it here first!

And thank you Greg Popovich. Sixers basically have same odds as Lakers to get a top 3 pick now. And if Sixers can bump lakers out of top 3 they'll get two top 5 picks.

The Professor
04-06-2017, 09:37 PM
But you haven't beaten the Cavs once this year. That's what it'll come down to is being able to grind out wins over the Cavs in a series. Unless the Cavs fall apart, I don't see how anyone in the East will beat them, especially after what they did to Boston last night.

The Raptors are very intriguing though. Lowry, DeRozan, Carroll, Joseph, Tucker, Serge Ibaka, Patterson, and Jonas is very potent. The question will be their offense, and more specifically Lowrys. If Lowry can perform like he does in the regular season, I give Toronto about a 40% chance of upsetting Cleveland, which without home court is pretty good odds. When the Raptors go small with Serge at the 5 will be good for them. Serge can stretch the floor and still play great defense.

Spencer 555
04-06-2017, 10:10 PM
Yaaaaa prof get hypeeee.

Da Gyps
04-06-2017, 11:27 PM
Lebron just flexed on Boston the other night. Got damn.

Spencer 555
04-11-2017, 06:06 AM
If Miami makes the playoffs they're beating the Celts.

Detonation
04-13-2017, 01:25 PM
If Miami makes the playoffs they're beating the Celts.

I thought so too, too bad they didn't make it, they put themselves into a huge hole in the first half of the season.

My predictions for the playoff

West
GSW vs Portland: GSW probably sweeps, or win in 5, if the Blazers had Nurkic healthy (I don't know his status right now), I think they could push them to 6 and give GSW a good scare.

Clippers vs Jazz: this should be super close, Clippers in 7.

Rockets vs Thunder: Rockets in 5, maybe even a sweep.

Spurs vs Memphis: Spurs in 6, maybe even 7, the Grizzlies are always extra hard in the playoff.

East:
Boston vs Chicago: Boston sweeps
Wizards vs Hawks: Wizards in 5
Raptors vs Bucks: Raptors in 5
Cavs vs Pacers: Cavs in 5

Spencer 555
04-13-2017, 01:39 PM
I agree with most of that, but I think 2 of the 3 5 game series will at least go 6. Just don't know which 2.

Spencer 555
04-13-2017, 01:40 PM
For the West spurs in 5, rockets sweep, jazz in 7, Warrior sweep

Detonation
04-13-2017, 01:48 PM
I can see that, I was thinking there's a good chance 1 of those 3 will go to 6. I don't see any of those East teams losing though.

About the Jazz, I think that series can go either way, reasons I pick the Clippers is the Jazz might not have enough scoring to beat them and we have yet to see how good Hayward is in the playoff.

Spencer 555
04-13-2017, 03:14 PM
Ya good call. I put the jazz winning mainly because I don't know how healthy the clippers are and I'm a big gobert fan.

Spencer 555
04-13-2017, 04:33 PM
Okay! So seasons over, gonna release my new top 50 haha. I enjoyed writing the last one, but I'm gonna keep this one a bit shorter.

1- LeBron James (duh)
2- Kevin Durant
3- Kawhi Leonard
4- James Harden
5- Steph Curry
6- Russel Westbrook
7- Chris Paul
8- Damarcus Cousins
9- Giannis Antetekounmpo
10- Anthony Davis
11- Blake Griffin
12- Draymond Green
13- Jimmy Butler
14- Paul George
15- Marc Gasol
16- Kyle Lowry
17- Jon Wall
18- Paul Milsap
19- KAT
20- Damien Lillard
21- Klay Thompson
22- Rudy Gobert
23- Kyrie Irving
24- CJ McCollum
25- Demar Derozan
26- Deandre Jordan
27- Nikola Jokic
28- Al Horford
29- Gordon Hayward
30- Andre Drummond
31- Hassan Whiteside
32- Kevin Love
33- Kristaps Porzingis
34- Isiah Thomas
35- Kemba Walker
36- Eric Bledsoe
37- Lamarcus Aldridge
38- Bradley Beal
39- Mike Conley
40- Dwyane Wade
41- Goran Dragic
42- Nic Batum
43- Dwight Howard
44- Trevor Ariza
45- Brook Lopez
46- Serge Ibaka
47- Otto Porter Jr
48- Jae Crowder
49- Carmelo Anthony
50- Joel Embiid

Just missed: Myles Turner, Pay Gasol, Iggy, Ryan Anderson, Danillo Gallinari

Greendaybum5
04-13-2017, 05:57 PM
cousins gasol green too high :) that being said I'm too lazy to think out my own list

Spencer 555
04-14-2017, 07:32 PM
My fav Toronto sports writer just posted his predictions:

Bulls in 7 (LOL)
Cavs in 5
Raps in 6
Wiz in 6

Gsw sweep
Spurs in 5
Rockets in 5
Jazz in 7

So essentially exactly the same as mine other then the bulls lol. Pretty cool :)

Greendaybum5
04-15-2017, 09:23 AM
Bulls beating Celtics is a common pick in a lot of spots.

I'll go

C's in 6
Cavs in 4
Raps in 6
Wiz in 5

GS in 4
Spurs in 5
Rockets in 4
Clippers in 7

The Professor
04-16-2017, 12:34 AM
Steph Curry should not be lower than 2. His offensive ability literally warps entire defenses. His offense is so dam good it negates any defensive limitations, which he's not even bad at. I would say he's better at it than Harden and probably as good as Westbrook. Westbrook and Harden had their entire offensive schemes tailored to them; Curry is the system. Everything offensively is predicated on his "gravity" and ability to shoot from 35+ ft at anytime while being one of the best finishers around the rim. He took the Warriors from good to invincible, which is much better than getting a team from shitty to good.

Also, playoff Lowry showed up. Not a good thing. If he doesn't turn it around, Raps are going home in 5.

Spencer 555
04-16-2017, 08:30 AM
Agreed. Maybe 4. That's was really awful and the bucks played like a dark horse contender last night. This should go 7 if Lowry comes to play and the bucks continue to play like that. 22 assists 4 turnovers for the bucks that game.

Greendaybum5
04-16-2017, 11:34 AM
Wow what an awful thing to happen, Thomas' 22 year old baby sister died in a car accident. I can't even begin to imagine what I'd be like if that happened to my sisters. I can't see him playing today's game, but if he does for the first time ever I'll be cheering for the Celtics or at least him to have the game of his life.

Spencer 555
04-16-2017, 12:06 PM
I'd have a hard time not letting Thomas drop 70 on me.

Spencer 555
04-16-2017, 12:07 PM
I mean... If I was butler lol

Serge
04-16-2017, 10:01 PM
John Wall was unbelievable today. God damn.

Spencer 555
04-17-2017, 07:17 PM
Just noticed in game 1 we didn't see any minutes for the

Lowry + Derozan + Tucker + Patterson + Ibaka

Lineup I was hyping. I'm so rattled by game 1 lol. I just want ujiri to fire Dwayne Casey and I want Lowry to play well in the playoffs for once. I can't keep making excuses for him lol.

Spencer 555
04-20-2017, 09:10 PM
I think Serge Ibaka fucked Derozans wife. Only explanation I have for being down 37 points in a playoff game.

Greendaybum5
04-20-2017, 10:01 PM
Spencer - I think I'd rather be in phillys position right now then the raptors. They are fucking awful in the playoffs.

Spencer 555
04-20-2017, 10:06 PM
This isn't normal Philly lol

Detonation
04-20-2017, 10:07 PM
Damn I was way off by having Boston sweeping and Raptors in 5. Boston sucks more than I thought, the Bulls are playing better but they are still a bad team as well. Now the Raptors, I thought they wouldn't have any trouble with the Bucks even with Lowry or Derozan struggling but they might even get bounced in the first round now, only reason they won game 2 because that was a must win for them at home.

In the other hand, the Cavs showed again they do have another gear, that was a crazy comeback. The Cavs and Wizards are the only good teams in the East.

@ Spencer: man, you're crazy for having Horford, Draymond Green, and Milsap that high. Guys who I think are too damn low are Derozan, Isaah Thomas and Kevin Love.

Hugh
04-20-2017, 11:19 PM
Wrong thread. My bad.

Sanosuke
04-20-2017, 11:36 PM
Ichiro homered in the 9th inning yesterday in what was probably his last at bat ever at Safeco. I was watching it and fans were giving him a standing o before he hit it. Definitely got chills. He turns 44 this year so chances are he's done.
What a player.

hi this isn't the mlb thread btw

Dwight Howard is gutter trash

Hugh
04-20-2017, 11:36 PM
Edit. Wrong thread.

The Professor
04-21-2017, 01:12 AM
Damn I was way off by having Boston sweeping and Raptors in 5. Boston sucks more than I thought, the Bulls are playing better but they are still a bad team as well. Now the Raptors, I thought they wouldn't have any trouble with the Bucks even with Lowry or Derozan struggling but they might even get bounced in the first round now, only reason they won game 2 because that was a must win for them at home.

In the other hand, the Cavs showed again they do have another gear, that was a crazy comeback. The Cavs and Wizards are the only good teams in the East.

@ Spencer: man, you're crazy for having Horford, Draymond Green, and Milsap that high. Guys who I think are too damn low are Derozan, Isaah Thomas and Kevin Love.

I don't think Boston is suffering like Toronto: effort won games in the regular season, talent + effort wins in playoffs. Chicago looked like a bad team because they put up some stinkers, but they have more talent than Boston, especially with Rondo looking like 90% Celtic Rondo. He's still not as good as he used to be, but man he is managing the game so well and setting everybody up.

Honestly this is just a bad matchup for Boston. They can't handle Lopez, and for a team that doesn't shoot well from the perimeter, that leaves a lot of chance for Chicago which plays into their hands. Also, Jimmy Butler can get a bucket whenever. Isaiah Thomas can to, but it's a lot harder for him. In hindsight, everyone should have picked Bulls, but for whatever reason we don't take effort into account when evaluating teams.

Same thing in Toronto. The few games I've seen they always play so hard, but when everyone plays hard the talent disparity shows up, and that's why Lowry is not a top player. Always gets exposed in playoffs and Giannis is murdering Toronto. Dude is a stud.

The Professor
04-21-2017, 01:15 AM
This isn't normal Philly lol

At this point it's normal. Toronto needs to move on from Lowry. Even if he somehow has a miracle resurgence, he's too old to invest much.

Spencer 555
04-21-2017, 07:31 AM
I would've thought u were nuts for saying that the other day prof, but ur probably right.

The Professor
04-21-2017, 09:15 PM
What a huge blow to lose Rondo for the Bulls. The way he was playing, just made the game so much easier for everybody else. I think the Bulls can push this 7 games without him, but I'm not sure they win a game 7, especially since it looks like Butler and Wade will both be playing heavy minutes.

Spencer 555
04-22-2017, 07:16 PM
Their you guys go. Raps still good :p

Serge
04-24-2017, 10:51 PM
This has to be the worst and most lopsided officiating in a playoff series ever. Millsap pushes off e every single possession and never gets called. Wiz played poorly these last two games but how can they play well when any time they get in a rhythm the refs bail Atlanta out with whistles?

Add in the fact that every fucking bounce has gone their way.

Gortat fucking sucks.

Spencer 555
04-25-2017, 06:21 AM
It's the playoffs man, you gotta find a way to play physical and win. I've watched every game and didn't feel it was I too lopsided. Washington's depth is just not their. Dwight went off last game, was pretty awesome to see him have a game like that, and Milsap is proving to deto he is a top 20 player (atl is beating washington at this point and it's Milsap+Dwight vs Wall + Beal + Porter).

Porter and Beal need to step up the intensity or this series is over. To me what it looks like is they're missing threes and then not playing defense as well as they can because they're down on themselves or something mental like that.

Serge
04-25-2017, 12:50 PM
But they aren't letting the Wiz be physical. If our guys make any contact with an opposing player the whistle comes immediately. Atlanta can do whatever they want. They called Wall for a charge when he was already air born before the Hawks player stepped in front of him.

Spencer 555
04-25-2017, 01:50 PM
Maybe offensively theirs been some bullshit that's messing with the wiz, but as far as I can tell they've looked pretty soft on defense. Dennis Schroder and Kent Bazemore have really stepped up in games 3 and 4. Still think the wiz win the series, but this should go to 7 and this soft style isn't going to work on the Celtics.

Spencer 555
04-26-2017, 11:30 PM
Great bounce back game for washington tn. Beal and porter stepped it up.

The One
04-28-2017, 04:44 PM
I'm really hoping that Steve Kerr can beat the chronic back pain issues that have knocked him out of coaching recently. He deserves better than having to sit on the sidelines with the effort he's put into the team. Warriors are going to win the championship for Durant, McGee, West, and Kerr.

Sanosuke
04-28-2017, 05:38 PM
It's the playoffs man, you gotta find a way to play physical and win. I've watched every game and didn't feel it was I too lopsided. Washington's depth is just not their. Dwight went off last game, was pretty awesome to see him have a game like that, and Milsap is proving to deto he is a top 20 player (atl is beating washington at this point and it's Milsap+Dwight vs Wall + Beal + Porter).

Porter and Beal need to step up the intensity or this series is over. To me what it looks like is they're missing threes and then not playing defense as well as they can because they're down on themselves or something mental like that.

ridiculous how you're not considering Schroder who is arguably putting up the best PG numbers in the playoffs right now.

Spencer 555
04-29-2017, 07:44 AM
In the post directly prior to that one I mentioned Schroder and Bazemore were stepping up big-time in those 2 wins. I missed the last two games so I have no idea if they kept it up. Schroder is still a work in progress imo.

Serge
04-29-2017, 08:45 AM
Schröder was huge in the games they won and invisible in game 6. Millsap is the only guy who was a consistent pain in our ass.

Boston is fucked. They couldn't stop a washed up Rondo. Wall is gonna work that ass.

Spencer 555
04-29-2017, 01:43 PM
Gortat should be a bigger factor on the glass against Horford too. It's a good matchup for the wiz, but porter and Beal need to be bigger in this series on defense. The Celts offense is way way better then the hawks.

Detonation
04-29-2017, 05:09 PM
After seeing my predictions for the first round, if Clippers win Sunday, which I think they will, I will basically get all of them right for the West lol. I was pretty off with the East's number of game predictions though, I thought they were all going to be pretty short series.

For second round I got

Spurs vs Rockets- Spurs in 6
Warriors vs Clippers- Warriors in 6, Warriors in 5 against the Jazz if they win

Cavs vs Raptors- Cavs in 5 maybe 6
Wizards vs Celtics- Wizards in 5

Spencer 555
04-29-2017, 07:18 PM
Raps vs cavs: Raps in 6
Celts vs wiz: Wiz in 6

Spurs vs whoever: spurs in 7
Warriors vs rockets: warriors in 6

The Professor
04-29-2017, 09:08 PM
Celtics didn't have a better offense than the Hawks. They did have a better defense though, and Avery Bradley and Marcus Smart should make it tough against Wall and Beal. I believe if everyone stays healthy, that that series is going 7. I'd pick Washington to win.

Spencer 555
04-29-2017, 09:38 PM
Dude, wut? The hawks had the 27th ranked offense in the league and the Celtics get crushed on the defensive boards. Combined with the fact that Isaiah Thomas is the worst defensive player in the league the Celts are not close to the hawks 4th ranked (in season) defense.

The Professor
04-30-2017, 02:42 AM
Who cares about the regular season stats...that's some smoke and mirrors shit for some teams.

The Wizards just shredded that 4th ranked defense to pieces because it was never as good as it's ranking. Also, Atlanta was able to score because offensively it was much superior to its regular season ranking. Besides, once they realized they couldn't stop Washington, they focused more on scoring and hoped that that would be its best defense.

Boston on the other hand couldn't score regularly against Chicago until Rondo got hurt. Rondo seemed to know a lot of the Celtic schemes and plays which helped him out a lot. No surprise that when he went out, they were able to score a little better. That also helped them tighten up their defense as they find could set it up consistently instead of getting mismatches in transition and having Rondo shred them. Even with Butler and Wade they couldn't score at all and Bradley won his matchup vs Butler.

Also, while Thomas is a bad defender, so is Dennis Schroeder. That guy just seems to not try at all.

Spencer 555
04-30-2017, 07:10 AM
I dunno man, I don't just throw out regular season stats entirely. I would personally attribute some of Atlanta's scoring to washington struggling defensively at times. As for the c's offense, I just consider the personnel better on paper offensively. Horford, Bradley, Crowder and other useful players on the bench can all put the ball in the net and Thomas is much better then Schroder.

As for Schroder defensively, I agree he isn't good, but hes not 5'5 lol

Spencer 555
04-30-2017, 11:29 PM
Go Jazz baby. Just watched the game, I feel so bad for Chris Paul.

Wiz looked soft as fuck against the c's and gortat looked terrible in the Horford matchup that I thought suited him. Depending on the adjustments coming for game 2, I think the c's could beat the wiz in 5. Beal, Wall and Porter all looked pretty good, so they're gonna need others to step up if they're gonna win.. the c's might just be the better (deeper) team.

Greendaybum5
05-01-2017, 12:52 PM
Bulls beating Celtics is a common pick in a lot of spots.

I'll go

C's in 6
Cavs in 4
Raps in 6
Wiz in 5

GS in 4
Spurs in 5
Rockets in 4
Clippers in 7

Damn I was pretty close. I had 4 picks spot on. I correctly predicted 3 more (Wiz, Spurs and Rockets), but they took one more game that I predicted and my lone wrong pick was Clips in 7 instead of Jazz in 7.

Spencer 555
05-02-2017, 11:53 AM
Got every series right, not that it was too hard lol. Only series' I was very off on was the Celtics bulls and the cavs over the pacers. I figured George would get one game at least off the king and I didn't see the bulls winning a single game over the Celtics.

The spurs grizzlies series was also much closer then I expected.

Also holy fuck valanciunas can't keep up anymore and Derozan had a bad game. I'm half expecting JV to hit the bench again. Definitely some positives to last night though, Lowry is winning the matchup against Irving and norm Powell still looked great. Delon Wright is passing Cory Joseph on the totem pole too which is kinda sad but really good for the future.

Greendaybum5
05-02-2017, 01:36 PM
Got every series right, not that it was too hard lol. Only series' I was very off on was the Celtics bulls and the cavs over the pacers. I figured George would get one game at least off the king and I didn't see the bulls winning a single game over the Celtics.

Also holy fuck valanciunas can't keep up anymore and Derozan had a bad game. I'm half expecting JV to hit the bench again. Definitely some positives to last night though, Lowry is winning the matchup against Irving and norm Powell still looked great. Delon Wright is passing Cory Joseph on the totem pole too which is kinda sad but really good for the future.

Cavs in 4

Spencer 555
05-02-2017, 02:17 PM
Yaya lol we'll see ass hole.

Detonation
05-02-2017, 02:36 PM
Boston on the other hand couldn't score regularly against Chicago until Rondo got hurt. Rondo seemed to know a lot of the Celtic schemes and plays which helped him out a lot. No surprise that when he went out, they were able to score a little better. That also helped them tighten up their defense as they find could set it up consistently instead of getting mismatches in transition and having Rondo shred them. Even with Butler and Wade they couldn't score at all and Bradley won his matchup vs Butler.

Also, while Thomas is a bad defender, so is Dennis Schroeder. That guy just seems to not try at all.

When you said the Bulls were a bad matchup for the Celtics, before the series started I thought that combo of Marcus Smart, Bradley and Crowder was enough to stop the bulls since they were mostly going to rely on Rondo/Wade/Buttler, and Bradley has always been great at defending Wade, even in his best days and Buttler. Too bad Rondo went down, that changed everything.

Damn I was pretty close. I had 4 picks spot on. I correctly predicted 3 more (Wiz, Spurs and Rockets), but they took one more game that I predicted and my lone wrong pick was Clips in 7 instead of Jazz in 7.

Hey man, we got the Clippers/Jazz series wrong but keeping in mind Griffin would play haha. I thought it was over for the Clippers when Griffin went down, I was surprised they won game 6, and then I still believed the Clippers would win game 7 because I didn't believe in Utah in a game 7 and the Clippers were more experienced in that situation.

Detonation
05-02-2017, 02:51 PM

Derozan has had this same type of game against the Cavs since last year's playoff going back to game 5 and 6. He might play a little better but not much will change, Jr Smith played his best defensive game in the entire year probably. How the hell is Lowry winning the matchup against Irving lol?

I don't think the Cavs will sweep the Raptors, but the Raptors have no chance, they don't have enough shooting, they can't keep up with the Cavs. You need to be able to shoot and make alot more 3s to be able to compete with the Cavs and the Raptors don't have that. The Cavs have upped their game, and they will keep it up but you can just see it in them that they don't even see the Raptors as a real threat. They were clowning during the entire game, something they wouldn't be doing in the finals against the Spurs or Warriors.

Spencer 555
05-02-2017, 04:09 PM
I didn't feel like they clowned us at all last night for the first three quarters. Smith definitely did on a few plays when he got cocky, but that's him. Last year, I felt like the raps won game 3 and 4 because the cavs clowned around, but this year it seemed like LeBron and Lue got the team ready. They really took it to JV and derozan in the pick n roll and exploited that matchup. I expect the raps to adjust their gameplan in game 2 and potentially surprise a few people.

As for Derozan, he is a completely different player then he was last year, I don't see him playing as terribly as he did last night throughout this entire series. He was a -31 Last night. JR Smith is a good defender, but 43% shooting with 2 assists and 4 turnovers is completely unnacceptable against a cavs team that struggles defensively.

As for Lowry outplaying Irving, Lowry was kloe last night. 7/13 and 2/4 from 3 with 11 assists and 3 turnovers. Offensively Irving was comparably good, but was exploited over and over on defense. Lowry was a complete pest on that end and therefore I think he won that matchup (last night). Will that continue all series? I don't know, but I would bet yes.

All in all, I agree with you're statement about the raps lack of shooting and the fact that the raps probably don't have much of a chance, but last night was pretty terrible. Derozan needs to be better, the defense needs to be better and we need to do something about JV and to a lesser degree Cory Joseph. I don't even know if JV is playable after what happened while he was on the court last night. Thompson just plain outhustles him and frye/love outrange him.. and all three contain him well enough in the post that his presence doesn't even matter. I would rather lose with Norm Powell and Delon Wright then with JV and Cory Joseph at this point. They proved it in the bucks series and we saw more of that trend in game one of this series with both delon and Powell leading the team in +/-

I'malive
05-03-2017, 12:37 AM
Hey spence, still want to tell me there are 33 players in the NBA better than IT?

No but it's really all good, I'm all for people underestimating the shit out of the Celtics if it means we get to keep winning.

Spencer 555
05-03-2017, 07:14 AM
Lol chip on the shoulder much? Thomas rised like 7 spots on my top 50 from beginning to end of the season ima. Regardless of what Isaiah did last night though, Horford has been the best Celtics player in the playoffs so far imo. I'm sorry I value players who don't get completely exposed on the defensive end constantly.

And tbh, if you've been reading all my posts, I've probably defended the Celtics more then shit on them since the beginning of the playoffs and given Thomas props for carrying a really good offense (much better then the hawks). I think my criticizm about the lack of rebounding potential and concern about Thomas producing in the playoffs was fair to begin the playoffs and the bulls proved those concerns to be true in games 1 and 2 with tough d from Rondo and butler and offensive rebounds galore from the bulls bigs, but when Rondo went down, the c's took care of business. I think it's also pretty fair to say that the wizards have more talent on paper then the c's and are built to matchup Well, but the problem is a lack of depth on the bench and lack of leadership/chemistry.

The Celtics are a really good, deep team with great chemistry and should be power houses in the east again soon if all goes according to plan. I just don't really consider them a championship contender this year because the ceiling is too low. I still think the wiz can win that series.

Spencer 555
05-03-2017, 07:43 AM
Spurs need to make the adjustment and go small. Dedmon and Anderson are too good to be sitting on the bench.

Greendaybum5
05-03-2017, 02:21 PM
Spurs need to make the adjustment and go small. Dedmon and Anderson are too good to be sitting on the bench.

just throwing this out there....dedmon was ejected

The One
05-03-2017, 03:02 PM
Warriors in 4.

KBHoleN1
05-03-2017, 03:10 PM
3 ...

KBHoleN1
05-03-2017, 03:11 PM
2 ...

KBHoleN1
05-03-2017, 03:11 PM
1 ...

KBHoleN1
05-03-2017, 03:12 PM
http://i.onionstatic.com/avclub/5567/66/16x9/1200.jpg

Maverik
05-03-2017, 03:17 PM
such a good movie

Spencer 555
05-03-2017, 03:43 PM
just throwing this out there....dedmon was ejected

He has 50 minutes played total in the playoffs Philly lol.

Spencer 555
05-03-2017, 08:19 PM
Fuuuuck the raps look much better in this game and it's the same score at half lol. Derozan where art thou!?

Hugh
05-03-2017, 09:35 PM
such a good movie

Damn right.

Serge
05-04-2017, 09:36 PM
Punk ass Kelly Olynyk got knocked the fuck out! Wiz tearing that ass up again. But this time we ain't gonna let them come back.

Also, is it just me or does Gordon Hayward have the blackest name in the NBA? His name just does not fit his appearance.

Spencer 555
05-04-2017, 11:10 PM
Uhh... Gordon sounds super white to me compared to Demar Derozan

KBHoleN1
05-04-2017, 11:46 PM
TIL pushing someone to the floor is knocking them the fuck out.

Serge
05-04-2017, 11:56 PM
I mean, if the NBA was the NHL I wouldn't have said that. But that hit is about as good as we get in the NBA.

Spencer 555
05-05-2017, 12:01 PM
Is it okay if I move Giannis ahead of Russel Westbrook?

KBHoleN1
05-06-2017, 11:25 PM
Hey, at least the Jazz led for some of this game.

Serge
05-07-2017, 09:02 PM
Fake 1 seed tbh.

Spencer 555
05-07-2017, 10:01 PM
I'm sad about my raps, but I'll still be happy if the wiz can give LeBron a good series.

The One
05-09-2017, 03:00 AM
Can we just skip to the NBA Finals at this point?

Warriors vs. Cavaliers
Warriors in 5

Greendaybum5
05-09-2017, 09:10 AM
Can we just skip to the NBA Finals at this point?

Warriors vs. Cavaliers
Warriors in 5

I'll take the over on 5 games all day.

Maverik
05-09-2017, 09:16 AM
easiest money of your life there

Serge
05-09-2017, 01:45 PM
I'll take the Cavs in 6. GSW's problem last year was that they're too soft. Don't know how adding Durant's Charmin Extra ass is gonna change anything. #hottakes

The One
05-09-2017, 03:56 PM
I'll take the Cavs in 6. GSW's problem last year was that they're too soft. Don't know how adding Durant's Charmin Extra ass is gonna change anything. #hottakes

That's laughable. I'll bet you $100 that the Warriors beat the Cavaliers in 6 games or less. #putyourmoneywhereyourmouthis

Maverik
05-09-2017, 03:58 PM
I would put 1k on the over on your initial claim.

Guarantee Philly would match that too

The One
05-09-2017, 07:38 PM
$1,000? No thanks lol. I'll bet you what I bet Serge though.

Maverik
05-09-2017, 07:47 PM
fine, I'll take that

The One
05-09-2017, 07:57 PM
fine, I'll take that

So just to be clear, you're comfortable betting $100 against my claim that the Warriors beat the Cavaliers by 6 games or less? Deal.

Maverik
05-09-2017, 08:06 PM
v comfortable friend

Spencer 555
05-09-2017, 10:51 PM
Can I be in on that? I've got the warriors in 4 tbh

Spencer 555
05-09-2017, 11:29 PM
Also, to be clear, the reason the warriors lost to the cavs was because Steph was playing hurt and Harrison Barnes choked hard.

Let's not pretend like LeBron Irving and love are hard nosed players. Irving and love are known softies and LeBron takes days off regularly on back to backs and flops all the time. Soft as fuck.

KBHoleN1
05-10-2017, 07:59 AM
I think the Warriors with Durant are basically unstoppable. I think they're talented enough to sweep, or win in 5. But Lebron is still Kenton, and he could will the Cavs to a few wins. And if something happens (injury, slump, suspension), they could take the series if things fall exactly. I'd be hella worried betting on the 3rd straight Finals meeting because crazy things are likely to happen. But good luck to the bettors.

Phone changed it to Kenton. I'm leaving it because it's funny.

Spencer 555
05-10-2017, 10:49 AM
Ya I wouldn't bet on a sweep, but that's my prediction. To me the warriors are one of the best teams ever assembled.

Detonation
05-10-2017, 07:59 PM
I got the Wizards winning tonight. I have them winning on 6 now, they should had been closing out the series tonight if they hadn't blown game 2 and IT wasn't such a badass.

About the Warriors, I'm thinking the Spurs have no chance against the Warriors which is why I'm starting to want the Rockets to win, especially with Leonard injured. You guys are taking the Rockets too lightly, they are good enough to beat any team if they get hott for a couple games, including the Warriors, however I don't see them beating both the Cavs and Warriors though. The Rockets and Cavs are the only teams that can keep up with GS offensively and play good defense/contain the Warriors when it matters. If you think about it, the Rockets match up well against the Warriors, and a big key to beat the Warriors is having someone that can bother Curry and the Rockets have Beverly.

Also, the Warriors are not as good defensively as their regular season rank/stats show, I think that will be exposed next series if they play against the Rockets and I have no doubt it will show against the Cavs if they get there.

Maverik
05-10-2017, 08:01 PM
deto dropping some truth bombs

Spencer 555
05-10-2017, 08:33 PM
Totally agree with ur Houston statement their deto, they're probably scarier then the spurs to the warriors, but tbh that's only because the spurs rely so heavily on Kawhi. I also agree that gs defense isn't historic or anything, but they're definitely way better then the rockets and cavs defensively imo.

Spencer 555
05-10-2017, 11:43 PM
Didn't get to catch the wiz game tn but I'm sad.

The One
05-11-2017, 07:47 PM
When the Warriors play small-ball with Curry, Thompson, Iguodala, Durant, and Green there isn't a team that can match that offensive output. Adding Pachulia, McGee, and West on the defensive side helps round out their squad.

Barring a catastrophic choke-fest and multiple injuries, the Warriors will be hoisting the Larry O'Brien come June.

Spencer 555
05-11-2017, 08:30 PM
*jizzed*

I'm a massive MJ fan, to be clear, but if LeBron and the cavs beat the warriors, I'm ready to declare LeBron goat 1b. To me he's already #2 without a doubt.

KBHoleN1
05-11-2017, 10:30 PM
So much for the Rockets, huh? Spurs win by 39 in Houston to eliminate them, Harden scored 10 points, 3 rebounds, 7 assists, 6 turnovers. Spurs played 13 guys, none named Parker or Leonard. Unbelievable.

The One
05-12-2017, 12:16 AM
I got the Wizards winning tonight. I have them winning on 6 now, they should had been closing out the series tonight if they hadn't blown game 2 and IT wasn't such a badass.

About the Warriors, I'm thinking the Spurs have no chance against the Warriors which is why I'm starting to want the Rockets to win, especially with Leonard injured. You guys are taking the Rockets too lightly, they are good enough to beat any team if they get hott for a couple games, including the Warriors, however I don't see them beating both the Cavs and Warriors though. The Rockets and Cavs are the only teams that can keep up with GS offensively and play good defense/contain the Warriors when it matters. If you think about it, the Rockets match up well against the Warriors, and a big key to beat the Warriors is having someone that can bother Curry and the Rockets have Beverly.

Also, the Warriors are not as good defensively as their regular season rank/stats show, I think that will be exposed next series if they play against the Rockets and I have no doubt it will show against the Cavs if they get there.

This analysis is funny to me. Especially after watching the Rockets fall flat on their face. Tell me how the Warriors will lose to the Cavaliers.

Spencer 555
05-12-2017, 06:37 AM
I don't think he thought the warriors would lose to the rockets teeoh. Just that the rockets would be scarier if they caught fire from three. Spurs winning last night without Leonard is pretty massive though. If they can play like that against the warriors it'll be a series.

Detonation
05-12-2017, 02:17 PM
This analysis is funny to me. Especially after watching the Rockets fall flat on their face. Tell me how the Warriors will lose to the Cavaliers.

Why is that funny? what happened between the Spurs and Rockets has nothing to do with how they would fair against GS or what I said about the Rockets. It's all about matchups. Clearly, last night was a huge choke job by the Rockets, especially by Harden. I had the Spurs winning in 6 in my earlier posts but in that post I said I'd rather see the Rockets against GS based on matchup and the probability of the Rockets getting hot in a single series, what I said is if they get hott for a single series with the offensive power they got, they could beat anyone, and the probability of that happening in two series in a row is basically none, which is why I said they wouldn't be able to beat both GS and Cavs. We seen it before with a bunch of teams in the past that shoot tons of 3s or got ton of offense.

The One
05-12-2017, 02:46 PM
Why is that funny? what happened between the Spurs and Rockets has nothing to do with how they would fair against GS or what I said about the Rockets. It's all about matchups. Clearly, last night was a huge choke job by the Rockets, especially by Harden. I had the Spurs winning in 6 in my earlier posts but in that post I said I'd rather see the Rockets against GS based on matchup and the probability of the Rockets getting hot in a single series, what I said is if they get hott for a single series with the offensive power they got, they could beat anyone, and the probability of that happening in two series in a row is basically none, which is why I said they wouldn't be able to beat both GS and Cavs. We seen it before with a bunch of teams in the past that shoot tons of 3s or got ton of offense.

Okay, that's great. You said that the Rockets are one of the few select teams that plays good defense and contains the Warriors. I disagree with that statement. Rockets got exposed by a Spurs team down a couple key players. I wouldn't consider the Spurs a tougher match-up vs the Rockets as opposed to the Warriors.

I'm curious on your analysis for the WCF match-up.

Western Conference Finals:

Warriors vs. Spurs
Warriors in 5

Spencer 555
05-12-2017, 03:48 PM
I think the spurs with Kawhi are better then the cavs so I'll say warriors in 6 or 7

The Professor
05-12-2017, 09:38 PM
Spurs vs. Warriors is going to come down to SA scoring on GS's defense. In their 4 losses to GS the last 2 years, SA has had such a difficulty scoring on them. If they can score consistently, they can set up their defense and limit GS a little more.

GS should definitely be favored, but if Kawhi is fully healthy, SA will give GS a tougher time than people expect. Houston was a great team for them to play and get used to prior to playing the Warriors. Should be a great series.

Serge
05-12-2017, 11:13 PM
John. Fucking. Wall.

There will be a game 7 in Boston.

Serge
05-12-2017, 11:44 PM
Also Bradley Beal was on fire in the fourth. Amazing possession after amazing possession.

Spencer 555
05-14-2017, 01:09 PM
Porter also scored zero points lol.

If the wiz lose this game I'm gonna be pissed.

Serge
05-14-2017, 05:30 PM
Dirty fucking Warriors. Fake champs two years ago where every team they faced had significant injuries. Now Zaza takes out Kawhi in a fucking hit job.

Serge
05-14-2017, 06:35 PM
Someone needs to take Curry out. Bullshit that the Warriors are being given a free pass to the Finals due to injuries AGAIN.

The Professor
05-14-2017, 06:59 PM
Never seen a luckier team. Warriors were getting their asses handed to them. Zaza clearly stepped underneath Kawhi. That is not a play that happens a lot in the NBA because players are aware they can hurt others.

SA showed that defending GS isn't the answer. Don't get me wrong you need a strong defense and rebounding to prevent multiple looks for them and fast breaks, but scoring is more important to set up your defense. GS relies more on missed shots and turnovers than execution. 74 points by Curry and Durant; Parker out and Kawhi basically missing a half. Win by 2.

Heartbreaking loss for SA. That literally may have been the series. If SA wins, you can rest Kawhi and make it a best of 5 with home court advantage since they don't play game 3 till Saturday. This sucks.

Detonation
05-14-2017, 09:39 PM
Okay, that's great. You said that the Rockets are one of the few select teams that plays good defense and contains the Warriors. I disagree with that statement. Rockets got exposed by a Spurs team down a couple key players. I wouldn't consider the Spurs a tougher match-up vs the Rockets as opposed to the Warriors.

I'm curious on your analysis for the WCF match-up.

Western Conference Finals:

Warriors vs. Spurs
Warriors in 5

I said the Rockets were one of the only few teams that can nearly match GS scoring and they can play defense/contain the Warriors when it matters, I never said they would shut down the Warriors, obviously the Rockets are not great defensively but I meant that in small stretches during the game depending on who they have on the floor they can play solid defense, like they did against the Spurs.

I don't think any team can fully contain GS for an entire game, as it showed today against the Spurs, their offense is always bound to burst at some point during a game, they're too good offensively, and the spurs' strength is their defense. Prof basically said the same thing I was trying to say in his last post, by saying scoring is more important against GS and as long as a team can play solid stretches of defense during the game, they will have a chance, a team doesn't necessarily need to be elite defenders or play great defense for the entire game to compete with the Warriors, that's the reason I was saying the Cavs/Rockets would fair different against GS because they can nearly match their offense and play solid defense for small stretches when they really try.

That's part of the reason I initially thought the Spurs had no chance, with the way they were playing against the Rockets, Aldrige/Green not scoring well for most of the series with the exception of the last 2 games and Leonard injured. plus this is such an easy series/matchup for Curry, he should average 30+ against the Spurs, he always plays well against them. I have GS in 6, and if the Spurs had a chance I think it definitely ended today.

Never seen a luckier team. Warriors were getting their asses handed to them. Zaza clearly stepped underneath Kawhi. That is not a play that happens a lot in the NBA because players are aware they can hurt others.

SA showed that defending GS isn't the answer. Don't get me wrong you need a strong defense and rebounding to prevent multiple looks for them and fast breaks, but scoring is more important to set up your defense. GS relies more on missed shots and turnovers than execution. 74 points by Curry and Durant; Parker out and Kawhi basically missing a half. Win by 2.

Heartbreaking loss for SA. That literally may have been the series. If SA wins, you can rest Kawhi and make it a best of 5 with home court advantage since they don't play game 3 till Saturday. This sucks.

Man, that Zaza play was some Bruce Bowen shit, that's all I could think of when I saw that play. I thought if the Spurs had a chance, Green/Aldrige were going to have to play/score well like the last 2 games against the Rockets, that must be frustrating as fuck how this game ended, everything that was going to take for the Spurs to have a chance to win this series looked like it was happening, they were scoring better than they did against the Rockets, with Aldridge playing well for most of the game with the exception of down the stretch then Leonard gets injured and barely lose the game. That sucks man but I think that's really the series right there.

The One
05-14-2017, 09:44 PM
Dirty fucking Warriors. Fake champs two years ago where every team they faced had significant injuries. Now Zaza takes out Kawhi in a fucking hit job.

Someone needs to take Curry out. Bullshit that the Warriors are being given a free pass to the Finals due to injuries AGAIN.

Shut up you whiny, insufferable clown. Injuries and staying healthy are part of the game. Curry and Bogut were both banged up and injured in the Finals last year, and you don't see me throwing a temper tantrum about it.

Leonard already had a banged up ankle coming into this series, and if anything him re-aggravating it again was on him/teammates. If you bothered to watch closely, the first time he stepped off the court after hitting a jump shot Leonard got his foot tangled with one of his teammates on the bench. The second time was when Leonard was shooting and jumping up, and Pachulia had his hands up and Leonard crashed down and landed on Pachulia's feet. That's not a "hit job", that's playing hard-nosed defense. Nothing dirty about it.

I wouldn't call it necessarily lucky...you can't tell me that the Spurs expected to explode in the first half while the Warriors turned the ball over on repeat with Kerr back on the floor. I'd be kidding myself if I thought that the Warriors were going to come out of the half and make a comeback just like that. What a gritty, tough-fought win for the Warriors.

As for Leonard, that was an unintentional injury that definitely swayed the game, which I'm bummed to see because teams don't want to win like that. But as I already addressed to Serge, staying healthy is part of the game.

The One
05-14-2017, 09:51 PM
For those who think Pachulia's defense was dirty and intentional, take a look at what Leonard thought first-hand:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19383725/san-antonio-spurs-kawhi-leonard-game-1-ankle-injury

The Professor
05-14-2017, 10:04 PM
I didn't expect anything based on regular season results versus the entire league. But I did know that if SA could score on GS, they would have a legitimate chance. GS may have come back even with Leonard, but they were going to lose that game.

Also, Leonard's impact on offense was magnified since San Antonio is already without their primary ball handler in Tony Parker. He may not always score and was kinda a bum during the season, but he was getting better when it mattered. Without Tony and Kawhi, especially without preparation, SA could not generate enough offense down the stretch.

SA I think proved they can not only hang with GS, but that their style bothers them. They can stymie them in the half court and if they limit their turnovers, GS in turn struggles to score on them.

Without Leonard though, SA has no chance. He's the only one in the NBA who gives Durant and LeBron trouble because not only can he defend them 1-1 without help (meaning they'll get their points but probably inefficiently) but he can also attack them on offense. Once again, fuck Zaza. And if you think he's not dirty, you're either a homer which is understandable or haven't seen him much.

Serge
05-14-2017, 10:19 PM
Have you ever played basketball TO? Anyone who has ever played pickup basketball knows that you can't take a shooter's landing away. It's literally in the NBA rules which is why the foul was called. It's also the most common way dirty players take opponents out of the game. See: Bruce Bowen.

And of course Kawhi is going to say it isn't dirty. He's a Spur, he's not going to go off script.

Detonation
05-14-2017, 10:35 PM
Yeah TO, I don't know how can you even defend that. Look at this video, Bruce Bowen used to do that shit the whole time. Look how he did it and how Zaza did it, Zaza's play probably looks more obvious than how Bowen used to do it in the way he slid his foot twice and extended his last step lol. The fact it was well known Leonard had a bum ankle already and he did that only makes it more shady.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THGJJHln4Co

The One
05-15-2017, 12:09 AM
People are missing the fact that Leonard was already playing semi-injured, and had re-aggravated his ankle earlier in the game before Pachulia and Leonard were involved. If Pachulia wanted to truly intentionally knock out Leonard, why didn't Pachulia just step on Leonard's ankle as he was coming down to guarantee Leonard would be out of the series?

If this had happened to Curry or Durant, everybody would be saying that such a play was unintentional and just hard-nosed defense. Stop reaching for shit.

Serge
05-15-2017, 07:27 AM
Because if he steps on his ankle he is likely to get called for a flagrant and possibly get suspended for a game. The reason guys like Bowen and zaza have been doing this forever is because the rules don't harshly penalize it.

100% chance I would be reacting the exact same way. Undercutting jump shots and shoving guys in the air on dunks/layups are huge pet peeves of mine.

Spencer 555
05-15-2017, 10:32 PM
I'm so sad right now

Spencer 555
05-15-2017, 10:41 PM
Washington's bench scored 5 points

Serge
05-15-2017, 10:58 PM
Fire Scott Brooks. He sucks. Why the fuck did Mahinmi get so much time? He didn't even have a single rebound in 16 minutes. Why no Oubrae? Jennings looked pretty bad but he should have been given a chance to spell Wall. Wall was clearly gassed in the 4th.

I hope LeBron drops 80 on them every game.

Spencer 555
05-17-2017, 12:08 AM
He will.

Philly gets the #3 pick. Will be interesting if they go for Jackson or a pg. Lowry + Jackson + Simmons + Saric (or covington) + Embiid? Excited for Milwaukee and Philly to break out next year.

The One
05-17-2017, 08:20 PM
It's funny how Aldridge closed out and took away the landing for Curry in Game 1 and Durant in Game 2, yet you don't see me accusing him of manslaughter and asking for his head. Luckily neither were injured. Spurs fans (and Serge) haven't mentioned any of this like it never even happened. Yet Pachulia is the devil because Poppovich kept Leonard in after re-aggravating his ankle on Lee's foot on the bench before landing on Pachulia's foot.

I'll be waiting to hear back on how the Spurs blew a 25 point lead in Game 1 and lost Game 2 by 36 points all because of Parker and Leonard. Yeah, they're the reason why the Spurs aren't up 2-0.

Spencer 555
05-17-2017, 08:51 PM
Leonard for sure is the reason they lost. I wouldn't say the spurs would be up, but Leonard is definitely the 2nd or 3rd best player in the whole league right now

Sanosuke
05-18-2017, 06:29 AM
you're delusion if you don't think the series would be 1-1 if leonard played through all of game 1.

Spencer 555
05-18-2017, 07:24 AM
I've seen crazier comebacks in the NBA.

Serge
05-18-2017, 12:08 PM
You're an absolute clown, TO. Spurs win game 1 every time if Leonard doesn't go down.

I didn't say anything about the undercut on Durant because I didn't watch game 2 since Leonard was out. Watching it now, it's clearly a dirty play in retaliation for hurting Leonard.

The One
05-18-2017, 02:37 PM
you're delusion if you don't think the series would be 1-1 if leonard played through all of game 1.

I'm sure the Spurs would most likely have hung on to win with Leonard to steal Game 1. That's not guaranteed by any means though. Warriors are built to come back from large deficits. Look at the stats from this season. 1-1 for the Warriors is still very comfortable.

You're an absolute clown, TO. Spurs win game 1 every time if Leonard doesn't go down.

I didn't say anything about the undercut on Durant because I didn't watch game 2 since Leonard was out. Watching it now, it's clearly a dirty play in retaliation for hurting Leonard.

You used my previous insult, good one? See my above post. Warriors win this series with or without Leonard.

Maverik
05-18-2017, 02:50 PM
we all know you don't know jack about sports, TO

especially when it comes to teams you're a homer for

The One
05-18-2017, 04:41 PM
Don't make me laugh, Mav. I know more about sports in general than you sure fucking do.

Maverik
05-18-2017, 06:03 PM
lolololololol

The One
05-18-2017, 08:16 PM
Collecting $100 from you and watching the Cavaliers lose will be delicious. :)

Spencer 555
05-18-2017, 09:01 PM
You're both casual fans to me :p

3000 stat
05-19-2017, 03:05 PM
Gotta win tonight or I see a sweep coming on, would be nice to take at least 1 from the Cavs and not get swept out.

Also, I'd for sure take TO's 100$ bet. I think Cavs probably beat GS, or at least take it to 7.

Spencer 555
05-19-2017, 04:42 PM
So me and TO vs Mav, 3K? 200 Dollar pot?

manonfire101
05-19-2017, 05:26 PM
Don't make me laugh, Mav. I know more about sports in general than you sure fucking do.

This is an interesting query. On one hand, you are one of the biggest GS homers I've ever seen. On the other hand, Mav is a Lakers fan and thinks Kobe is the best player in the world. So you're both kind of stupid in your own unique way.

But in this case, Mav is right. Spurs win that game with Kawhi playing and the series is probably tied 1-1 right now. Fuck Zaza for ruining what could have been a really good series.

Maverik
05-19-2017, 05:47 PM
:confused:

I hate Kobe

The One
05-19-2017, 08:46 PM
This is an interesting query. On one hand, you are one of the biggest GS homers I've ever seen. On the other hand, Mav is a Lakers fan and thinks Kobe is the best player in the world. So you're both kind of stupid in your own unique way.

But in this case, Mav is right. Spurs win that game with Kawhi playing and the series is probably tied 1-1 right now. Fuck Zaza for ruining what could have been a really good series.

I've been a Warriors fan since 2002, including the "We Believe" era in 2007 that had Baron Davis, Jason Richardson, Matt Barnes, and Monta Ellis. I still have my signed basketball from JRich. I was born in Oakland. Nice try...go blow it out your ass, Manon.

What people seem to be missing the point on, you included, is that whether it's 2-0, or 1-1, Warriors are winning this series in 5 games. The first half of Game 1 in the series was an abomination. If you don't see that, then there's no point in continuing this conversation.

Maverik
05-19-2017, 08:56 PM
there's no point having any discussion about Bay Area sports with you

the fact that you pretty much only talk about Bay Area sports should give you enough of an inkling about that, but I won't hold my breath there

The One
05-19-2017, 09:09 PM
Lololol

Blexican
05-19-2017, 09:12 PM

:confused:

I hate Kobe

You hate Kobe because he retired and left Lakers basketball in ruins, furthering his point. Clearly. God I hate superfans /s

I've been a Warriors fan since 2002, including the "We Believe" era in 2007 that had Baron Davis, Jason Richardson, Matt Barnes, and Monta Ellis. I still have my signed basketball from JRich. I was born in Oakland. Nice try...go blow it out your ass, Manon.

What people seem to be missing the point on, you included, is that whether it's 2-0, or 1-1, Warriors are winning this series in 5 games. The first half of Game 1 in the series was an abomination. If you don't see that, then there's no point in continuing this conversation.

I think Mav is trying to say just have some perspective, T.O. You can be a total homer and still have solid perspective. However, yours seems to influence everything you think pertaining to sports.

Spencer 555
05-19-2017, 09:21 PM
Have to agree with everyone here teeoh. You're a massive homer lol. That doesn't mean you're a bandwagon fan, it just means you pretty much only ever post about bay area teams and have very biased opinions on them. Mav on the other hand isn't a homer at all, he's just a fairweather sports fan.

Not sayin it's a bad thing buddy, you do you. If everyone was a hardcore elitist prick we would constantly have arguments on here about vagina hands.

3000 stat
05-19-2017, 09:26 PM
Jesus this is ugly..

manonfire101
05-19-2017, 09:33 PM
Mav doesn't hate Kobe. Mav hates Paul Pierce.

You can't really be a homer and still have solid sports perspective when you're talking about the team that you cheer for. If you did, you wouldn't be a homer.

Maverik
05-19-2017, 09:58 PM
okay, that's true, I do hate Paul Pierce for sure

he sucks

was never a big Kobe fan though and I hate the state of the Lakers for sure

I guess I have become somewhat of a fairweather fan :/

I just don't have time to sit down and watch sports anymore, I keep up with scores and news, but I haven't watched a game in forever.

Spencer 555
05-19-2017, 10:31 PM
I view it as you being too cool for our nerdy ass conversations most of the time for what it's worth lol. I probably have a borderline unhealthy obsession with basketball and baseball. You guys don't even wanna know the hockey side of me lol.

Maverik
05-19-2017, 10:35 PM
I can't participate properly if I don't watch enough, which is why I mostly stay out of it now.

its easier for me to keep up with the NFL because there are less games, which is why I mostly stay to that thread

I read every post here though, even in the MLB thread too

I definitely used to participate a ton in this thread too

manonfire101
05-19-2017, 10:38 PM
I don't watch the NBA much anymore either, because I don't have a ton of time. If Philly can get all of their players healthy and playing together at the same time I would probably watch them.

Spencer 555
05-19-2017, 10:53 PM
Ya if Lowry goes to the Sixers I'm hopping on that Sixers bandwagon. I'm officially a Milwaukee fan too. Raptors without Lowry don't appeal to me. Demar is fun but I've never been a big fan.

Spencer 555
05-19-2017, 10:54 PM
I think I've grown into a fan of whichever team not named the Celtics can bring down the king in the east lol. Giannis and Embiid are next up :)

manonfire101
05-19-2017, 11:03 PM
I just think that Embiid + Simmons + Saric + whoever they draft would be pretty fun to watch.

Spencer 555
05-19-2017, 11:34 PM
Unless they draft another friggin forward lol.

The One
05-20-2017, 03:56 PM
Celtics look like dog shit right now. How do you get beat that badly in your own stadium?

Spencer 555
05-20-2017, 04:37 PM
Because they aren't that good.

Greendaybum5
05-22-2017, 09:54 AM
Unless they draft another friggin forward lol.

There's a good chance they draft a forward if they stay at 3. Jackson seems to be the favorite, but watch Jonathan Isaac rise in the next few weeks. He's my sleeper pick at 3.

Spencer 555
05-22-2017, 02:27 PM
Josh is more interesting to me simply because of the elite court vision, but isaac looks like he might have the highest upside of the two.

Spencer 555
05-22-2017, 02:28 PM
I think I'd take Monk if I was Philly.

The One
05-22-2017, 11:51 PM
12-0

Warriors are hungry. Bring it Cavaliers.

Spencer 555
05-23-2017, 02:08 AM
I just noticed the Celts took a fame from the cavs without Thomas. Says something.

The Butcher
05-23-2017, 08:41 AM
i don't know much about the basketballs but I know that yes, the Cavs will "bring it".

Greendaybum5
05-23-2017, 09:16 AM
I think I'd take Monk if I was Philly.

I don't want to stay at 3. I want them to trade up or down.

The One
05-23-2017, 09:52 PM
Cavs looking pretty vulnerable right now.

Spencer 555
05-24-2017, 07:41 AM
I don't want to stay at 3. I want them to trade up or down.

Sign and trade for Lowry and the raptors first rounder.. :p

Detonation
05-26-2017, 12:25 PM
The finals should be great. I'm going with the Cavs in 6 or 7 even though GS are supposed to be heavy favorites. I think LeBron and Kyrie got another gear on them from what they been currently playing right now, they never took Boston/Indiana/Toronto as serious as they would ever take GS or the Spurs.

KBHoleN1
05-26-2017, 01:53 PM
I just can't imagine that happening. I'd expect a GS sweep before a Cavs win. Even with what happened last year, I just don't see how the Cavs' defense can possibly slow down Golden State's weapons.

The Professor
05-26-2017, 02:19 PM
You have to score on this GS team. This version relies more on talent than execution compared to last years team. If you don't score, then you can't set up your defense. Makes GS devastating on the break as they HUNT for mismatches and open 3s.

With Durant, the ball doesn't move as well in the half court. The key in this series will be the GS defense vs Cavs offense. If Cavs can't score, GS will shred then in 5.

Spencer 555
05-26-2017, 03:05 PM
I think I've said this before, but if LeBron beats this Golden State team I'm putting him in my goat conversation.

Maverik
05-26-2017, 04:07 PM
if he's on your list, then I'm pretty much sold

manonfire101
05-26-2017, 05:08 PM
Warriors in 5 if the games are called fairly.

Warriors in 7 if Cavs aren't called for fouls on defense.

So, Warriors in 7 probably.

The One
05-26-2017, 06:34 PM
Warriors in 4...SWEEP.

Serge
05-26-2017, 11:11 PM
Cavs in 6. Warriors too soft. What's a pack of jump chooters to a king?

manonfire101
05-26-2017, 11:24 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fSlLdXNzPw

The One
05-27-2017, 02:45 AM
http://media.giphy.com/media/8ZHxehd7ENuvK/giphy.gif

Spencer 555
05-27-2017, 03:32 AM
This is what I'm saying man! Why is there a perception that the cavs aren't soft as fuck? Kevin Love is soft as fuck, LeBron is a flopper and Kyrie thinks the world is flat. The cavs own the record for most threes in a game for you jumpshooting haters.

Spencer 555
05-28-2017, 08:50 AM
Does anyone else really really really wanna see Chris Paul in a spurs uni next year?

PG: Paul
SG: Green
SF: Kawhi
PF: Anderson
C: Aldridge

Rotation: Mills, Gasol, Bertans, Simmons

Pau Gasol might start beside Aldridge to start but that's the lineup I'd wanna see used most often. I think Anderson is really underrated, he could be a poor man's Draymond Green next year.

Parker can be injured on the bench somewhere lol.

Spencer 555
05-28-2017, 08:55 AM
I just noticed mills is a free agent this year, would he hard to get him back with Parker and Paul already on the team. So I guess Parker can be the backup. Without a gunner like mills I think that rotation is a little short on scoring, but Parker is still savvy and maybe Murray establishes himself with more playing time.

Greendaybum5
05-30-2017, 09:13 AM
I just noticed mills is a free agent this year, would he hard to get him back with Parker and Paul already on the team. So I guess Parker can be the backup. Without a gunner like mills I think that rotation is a little short on scoring, but Parker is still savvy and maybe Murray establishes himself with more playing time.

Spurs wouldn't have Gasol either if they went for Paul. They'd have to ship out a lot of pieces to make it work.

Spencer 555
05-30-2017, 09:18 AM
I think keeping pau at 15 mill was doable, but ur right.

Greendaybum5
05-30-2017, 09:51 AM
Woj said it's almost impossible for them to get CP3. It would be very unSpurs like to go out and get him. In Woj I Trust.

Spencer 555
05-30-2017, 09:56 AM
Ya I saw that article just after I posted my last comment. In woj we trust lol

The One
05-31-2017, 02:22 PM
Mav - I take cash, credit, check, Venmo, PayPal. You let me know. ;)

Maverik
05-31-2017, 02:43 PM
I think wagering items is more fun than cash, but up to you

I would send you the equivalent in wine/booze

you could wager something for me from SF or something

I don't need cash, would rather get something cool/fun

Maverik
05-31-2017, 02:44 PM
not shipping anything to Canada though

its a fucking bitch getting booze through there

Spencer 555
05-31-2017, 04:26 PM
What we should do is send eachother tickets to sporting events. For example: Mav lives in NY (I think) so he would buy me a 100 dollar (ish) Knicks vs raptors ticket so we can go to a game together and I would buy him a raptors vs Lakers ticket of similar value to go to a game here with him. That way everyone wins.

Maverik
05-31-2017, 04:38 PM
I'm into that

Spencer 555
05-31-2017, 04:52 PM
I'm into pretty boys with long hair.

Spencer 555
05-31-2017, 04:53 PM
No homo

Maverik
05-31-2017, 05:01 PM
my hair isn't super long anymore, so don't get your hopes up too much

Spencer 555
05-31-2017, 06:05 PM
Damn

The One
06-01-2017, 03:25 AM
I think wagering items is more fun than cash, but up to you

I would send you the equivalent in wine/booze

you could wager something for me from SF or something

I don't need cash, would rather get something cool/fun

That sounds chill with me, I'm down. What kinds of general items would you be interested in? I'll gladly take wine, or if you have another suggestion from the NY area.

KBHoleN1
06-01-2017, 09:07 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYOibxvoO84

Maverik
06-01-2017, 09:08 PM
doesn't matter to me, TO

could be whatever you like

KBHoleN1
06-01-2017, 09:11 PM
I had to switch from mobile to my laptop to get that clip to embed. I don't know what I was doing wrong. When the Train guy finished singing my fiancee said "I mean, I love Train, but I don't know if that was my favorite anthem."

I already had the video queued up waiting for the end of the anthem. It was deliciously perfect.

Spencer 555
06-01-2017, 11:07 PM
@prof watching this game right now, don't know how you can rank Durant behind steph. Durant can guard 1-5 for the warriors including LBJ. They play better with Steph as the focal point on offense, but Durant is a beast on both ends.

The Professor
06-01-2017, 11:15 PM
If you're arguing that Durant is the better 1v1 player, sure. But in a 5v5 game, Steph's offensive mastery is so high that it outweighs Durants offensive and defensive ability. If you watched this game closely, a lot of the easy shots Durant has gotten has been because the defense is so focused on curry, not the other way around. Curry may not be a beast defensively, but he also isn't a sieve like Harden or Westbrook.

Cleveland is also playing stupid on defense and offense. They are rushing their offense and taking stupid shots, and every time GS is pushing and getting easy shots. On defense, they are trying to take away every option which even the best defensive teams can't do. Cavs should focus on eliminating what they can and live with the rest. Next game should be based on pace and running offense for the full 24 seconds.

The Professor
06-01-2017, 11:27 PM
I'll be curious to see how Lue responds. Last year it took Dray getting suspended and LeBRon and Kyrie going Supernova to win, otherwise they would of been bounced in 5.

This year his game plan has been let LeBron play 40+ minutes and hope for the best. Even in this game his rotations has been pretty bad. This Warriors team can be attacked and beaten, but I doubt Lue is the coach to figure it out.

Maverik
06-01-2017, 11:34 PM
Lue being an idiot is the Warriors' biggest advantage, hands down.

Spencer 555
06-01-2017, 11:44 PM
Totally agree with you on Steph's impact on the offensive end prof. Like I said, the warriors are much better when the offense is flowing through curry. It's just hard for me to see the defensive impact of curry when he's pretty much only guarding the other teams worst player and making sure he's in the right positions. Durant actually slows down LeBron and brings super elite efficiency as option 1b.