PDA

View Full Version : For NBA fans

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

manonfire101
08-25-2017, 12:54 AM
Ya he's just like Jordan if Jordan:

Nicknamed himself "King James."
Left Cleveland to form a super team in Miami.
Had an hour-long special to announce that he was taking his talents to Miami.
Had a parade promising not one, not two, not three, etc. championships.
Mocked Dirk Nowitzki by coughing when Nowitzki was sick in the finals.
Left Miami to come back to a better situation in Cleveland.
Made management trade players to get Love.
Made management overpay his friends.
Ignored the plays his coach called.
Got his coach fired.
Flopped.
Used his forearm to bulldoze defensive players out of the way.
Threw a tantrum every time he didn't get a call instead of getting back on defense.
Undermined his teammates on social media.
Was a complete narcissist.
And other shit that I'm probably forgetting.

But other than that, they are pretty similar. They are both insane athletes and top 5 basketball players of all time. They both have huge egos.

And Kyrie isn't a loser. He just wanted to get away from the player/coach/manager that is LeBron James and was probably tired of James' off-the-court antics. I don't blame him. The only thing I dislike about Kyrie is that he went to Duke.

Sanosuke
08-25-2017, 01:42 AM
Essentially what you're saying is the rebuild is inevitable right? So wouldn't a potential first overall pick and a chance at going all in for 1 more year before the rebuild be exactly what you want?

What I'd want, is if they know the rebuild is inevitable, stop fucking off trying to fake the funk of field a team to 'compete with the warriors' and get ahead of the curve assets wise.

Spencer 555
08-25-2017, 06:18 AM
They did get ahead of the curve sano. They got the potential number 1 pick in the draft for a negligible asset. They turned a no leverage situation into a high draft pick and they got Crowder as well who is a nice trade asset if they want. Unless they trade LeBron James right now, they're gonna probably win the east with or without Kyrie, Thomas and Crowder.

Spencer 555
08-25-2017, 06:29 AM
Ya he's just like Jordan if Jordan:

Nicknamed himself "King James."
Left Cleveland to form a super team in Miami.
Had an hour-long special to announce that he was taking his talents to Miami.
Had a parade promising not one, not two, not three, etc. championships.
Mocked Dirk Nowitzki by coughing when Nowitzki was sick in the finals.
Left Miami to come back to a better situation in Cleveland.
Made management trade players to get Love.
Made management overpay his friends.
Ignored the plays his coach called.
Got his coach fired.
Flopped.
Used his forearm to bulldoze defensive players out of the way.
Threw a tantrum every time he didn't get a call instead of getting back on defense.
Undermined his teammates on social media.
Was a complete narcissist.
And other shit that I'm probably forgetting.

But other than that, they are pretty similar. They are both insane athletes and top 5 basketball players of all time. They both have huge egos.

And Kyrie isn't a loser. He just wanted to get away from the player/coach/manager that is LeBron James and was probably tired of James' off-the-court antics. I don't blame him. The only thing I dislike about Kyrie is that he went to Duke.

I Just meant that they're toxic in a similar way. As in hyper competitive ass holes who will push you to the limit and arent afraid to call you out on your shit. I could totally see mj punching Kyrie in the face and Kyrie crying.

Irving is a loser to me until he proves he can win without LeBron.

I'll take back everything I said about him if the following occurs in the next two seasons:

1. Kyrie has an undeniable breakout.
2. The Celtics win the east again. *While Kyrie is the leader in WS
3. The Celtics improve on there record from last year. *while Kyrie is the leader in WS
4. The Celtics beat LeBron.
5. The Celtics go to the finals

I don't see any of that happening. I think they're gonna be worse this year with the additions they've made and I think Kyrie is gonna prove he can't carry a team.

The Professor
08-25-2017, 08:37 AM
What I'd want, is if they know the rebuild is inevitable, stop fucking off trying to fake the funk of field a team to 'compete with the warriors' and get ahead of the curve assets wise.

I don't know how you don't understand this, but they can't do much until Lebron's situation is resolved. That is their priority, and rightfully so. He's a guaranteed path to the Finals, and even if they don't win, the revenue generated (even if they have a high payroll) and relevance they get from him is worth it.

They would have obviously kept Kyrie if he didn't want out, but he did. So they found a great trade that kept them competitive with the Warriors this year, while getting enough assets to rebuild should LeBron leave.

They couldn't have prevented this situation with LeBron. He's always wanted the power to control where he wants to play, and I agree with that. The Cavs wanted LeBron no matter what. Any team would sign LeBron for a year and hope he keeps coming back even for a year because he's the ultimate asset. The problem the Cavs made was the contracts handed out to Thompson, Shumpert, and Smith, and it wasn't even totally their fault. If they had been FA's this summer, all three would have paid significantly less.

Kyrie has huge potential, but he was never reaching under LeBron. And he sure wasn't reaching it under Ty Lue (worst coach ever). Boston gave up a lot, but under Brad Stevens, we'll finally get to see Kyrie at his best. He's going to be fantastic next year.

Sanosuke
08-25-2017, 12:15 PM
I guess what I'm just getting at is they had really two choices, keep Kyrie and let LeBron do whatever he wants after this season or trade Kyrie for stuff. If you keep Kyrie, cool he doesn't show up to camp or whatever, but the man signed a contract. You don't get to bitch and moan about you wanting out when you signed a contract. If I were the Cavs I think I keep Kyrie for the long haul and tell him if LeBron leaves Cleveland is his because they're not going to get someone as good as Kyrie out the draft again I think. Now they're in a worse situation with Thomas being an FA after this year.

I admit I didn't really take in the revenue factor of going to the Finals but I'd also argue that the NBA is at its most popular right now and if I were Cleveland I would've probably tried to trade LeBron instead of Irving if I was trying to make sure my future was more secure post-LeBron

Spencer 555
08-25-2017, 12:38 PM
That'd be pretty wild. Wonder what a framework for a LeBron trade would look like.

KBHoleN1
08-25-2017, 12:40 PM
Cavs: Give me all your All-Stars
Other GMs: Go Fish

Maverik
08-25-2017, 12:41 PM
nailed it

Spencer 555
09-12-2017, 05:23 PM
SI should pay me to do their top 50.

Spencer 555
09-13-2017, 11:05 PM
Mike Conley 18.... really?

Spencer 555
09-15-2017, 09:24 PM
Jae Crowder was ranked ahead of Derozan on the ESPN list lol

Hulky
09-15-2017, 09:47 PM
NY Knicks are a publicly listed company (Madison Square Garden) MSG is the ticker symbol

Serge
09-18-2017, 09:36 AM
https://twitter.com/harrisonmc15/status/909634206355066880

If it walks like a punk and quacks like a punk...

Spencer 555
09-18-2017, 01:06 PM
Thats amazing serge lol

Da Gyps
09-19-2017, 10:08 AM
Is that real? lol

KBHoleN1
09-19-2017, 10:20 AM
https://twitter.com/JoelEmbiid/status/909921224410755073?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fsports.yahoo.com%2Fjoel-embiid-clowns-kevin-durant-140019466.html

Serge
09-19-2017, 10:41 AM
Embiid is ruthless. ������

Serge
09-19-2017, 10:42 AM
It's absolutely real by the way. People were speculating it was like an intern or something but then they found KD's private instagram account and it had tons of comments in its history arguing with and insulting fans.

Serge
09-23-2017, 02:52 PM
Carmelo to OKC. Westbrook, PG, Melo. Not bad.

Da Gyps
09-23-2017, 03:47 PM
OKC cleaned up this offseason. Hardly gave up much considering what they got and I am by no means a Melo fan.

Spencer 555
09-23-2017, 06:29 PM
Ya great haul. Makes you wonder how other teams didnt pull the trigger on some of these guys *cough* celtics *cough*

Greendaybum5
09-24-2017, 09:35 PM
Super excited to see the West this year. 4 legit teams. Also super excited to see my Sixers make the playoffs for first time in ages.

Da Gyps
09-24-2017, 09:52 PM
Super excited to see the West this year. 4 legit teams. Also super excited to see my Sixers make the playoffs for first time in ages.

I just want Embiid to stay healthy. :(

Spencer 555
09-25-2017, 10:03 AM
Gsw gonna win 74 either way philly :p

Greendaybum5
09-25-2017, 10:12 AM
I just want Embiid to stay healthy. :( lol me too.... It's funny no one in the city is talking about Fultz and he was this year's #1 pick. All the talk is about Embiid and Simmons still.

Gsw gonna win 74 either way philly :p Would take any wager on that lol

Spencer 555
09-25-2017, 02:26 PM
Ill take a GSW championship wager. But Im not betting on a 74 win team lol.

Maverik
10-17-2017, 08:59 PM
fuck man

what a bullshit start to this year

please recover, G

The One
10-19-2017, 11:04 PM
Typical Warriors losing opening night on their court lol. Western Conference is so insanely stacked right now. Whoever claws out of it wins the championship. I don’t buy the Cavs adding older/injury-prone players to push them over the top honestly.

Spencer 555
10-19-2017, 11:13 PM
I dont think anyone does. The west is incredibly interesting to me.

Spencer 555
10-22-2017, 05:35 PM
Yo philly, I didnt get to see much of the game last night but I was pretty disappointed about the lack of effort. The sixers don't look like the feisty team we saw last year toward the end of the season.. what happened? Embiid wasnt playing and simmons looked pretty decent, but damn everyone else looked awful.

Spencer 555
10-23-2017, 01:38 AM
Btw, the raptors young players are really showing out in these first 2 games. Its really incredible how well weve been drafting and developing these players the last few years.

Bruno Caboclo: Raptors mascot. Has no place in the nba rotation, but I think he would actually be a decent rotation player on a bad team. His length and defensive potential (6'9, agile, 7'6 wingspan) will keep him in the league, and Im hopeful the raptors can retain him going into next year (he and bebe will be free agents) despite the fact that most toronto fans have given up on the brazilian kevin durant.

Bebe Nogueira: Kinda wanna see Valanciunas traded because of this guy. As good as valanciunas has been in the new system, bebe fits better in the modern nba. He lead the raptors not named lowry last year in bpm, rpm and TPA despite riding the bench much of the year. Coach Casey keeps him as an emergency backup big because of his volatility (extremely emotional player) but the potential to be an elite rim protector is there and he has shown a good chemistry playing PF next to Ibaka and has unbelievable chemisty with lowry. If we could trade valanciunas for a 1st round pick and free up some more cap space, we'll be in a really good position to add in free agency or at the trade deadline.

Pascal Siakam: fallen completely out of the rotation along with caboclo despite starting at pf for us last year. His defensive potential is through the roof as a guy who can guard 3-5, but his feel for the game and jumper are kinda trash atm. Late first rounder, he probably is the guy I'm least excited about, but he could prove to be helpful anyways. He and caboclo should dominate the G league for the 905 this year.

Jacob Poeltl: probably the most interesting of the young raptors in the rotation right now. He has shown that his game is extremely consistent and his attitude is excellent. Dude works hard and plays smart, but talentwise, he hasnt really flashed enough potential to be a starter in this league despite being the highest draft pick of all the guys i'm listing. If he can bulk up and become a stronger rebounder while keeping the surprising lateral quickness that makes him an intriguing prospect, he will be an excellent backup centre in this league. Personally don't think he will ever be a starter because of his lack of hops (not a great rim protector or dunker) and completely broken jumpshot.

OG Anunoby: Most exciting player on this list by far. Dude is stealing minutes from Siakam and Caboclo at SF/PF in the rotation despite playing at 60-80% and being a true rookie. Coming off an acl injury that plummeted his draft stock, he wasnt expected to play until november (more conservative estimate was JANUARY) the earliest, and there was a lot of talk that he would get run in the g league before being called up. But the dude was cleared to play in the preseason and has done nothing but impress so far. His shot isnt as bad as the stats might point out, his defense is as advertised, and his basketball IQ/instincts are through the roof. This guy has a chance to be a legit star. Can't wait to see what he does when he gets more comfortable and his knee gets stronger.

Fred Vanvleet: probably the best 3rd string pg in the league atm and he was undrafted last year. Hes gonna be a bench guy for his career, but I think he's going to be valuable for whoever he plays for. We call him mini lowry because he plays a very similar style of game. Bulldog, grinder, good shooter and playmaker, but smaller and less athletic then lowry ever was. Because of his limitation, I don't see him ever starting, but if he continues to polish his game, he doesn't really have any holes in it. He's exactly what you want from a backup pg though because of his leadership (mature, commands respect because he doesnt make mistakes) and consistency.

Delon Wright: another exciting young guy. He's a bit unorthodox, but he's flashed a lot of potential and I think will be a starter one day. His ability to sneak around defenses and drive to the net is impressive for a guy in only his 3rd year, and he's been improving as a finisher every year. Delon is an elite defender for his position, can even guard 3s at this point because of his length and has shown very impressive playmaking ability imo. Very interested to see if he can ever figure out how to shoot because he could really be one of the best pg in the league one day with a 3 point shot.

Despite losing 2pat, cory joseph, pj tucker and Demarre Carroll in the offseason, the raps young players are stepping up so far and proving that the team will be as deep as ever.

Spencer 555
10-23-2017, 02:02 PM
Jonas Valanciunas and our first round pick for thad young. Would do it.

Spencer 555
11-01-2017, 09:13 PM
Actually kinda like indiana atm. Sabonis is looking like a really good fit next to Myles Turner and Turner is a breakout candidate imo. We'll see how it goes.

The Professor
11-04-2017, 12:26 AM
Kyrie Irving is a stud. Even though he isn't scoring as much, looks like a much better player with Boston. So much more in control. If Hayward hadn't gotten hurt, I think Boston would be the best team in the East.

Spencer 555
11-04-2017, 11:06 AM
Yup kyrie is showing up. If he keeps it up ill be ranking him over lowry for sure. Might end up doing that regardless because lowry looks to have regressed across the board :(. The raptors might still be better then the celtics without hayward though.

Spencer 555
11-04-2017, 11:27 AM
Boston atm has the 2nd highest rebounding % in the league.. wonder how that's even possible lol.

Spencer 555
11-05-2017, 07:58 PM
Wow. What an awful game by the raptors so far against the wiz without Wall. Lowry is having a rough start to the season.

Spencer 555
11-07-2017, 09:54 PM
Looks like Bledsoe is going to the bucks. This really makes that team interesting. I've always considered Bledsoe pretty underrated and I think he would fit really well on this team if they can figure out the rotations. I think if Parker can come back healthy the bucks will be the favourite in the east to win the conference.

Imagine if they started this:

PG: Bledsoe
SG: Brogdon
SF: Middleton
PF: Parker
C: Giannis

You're basically playing "small ball" with a big lineup in this instance. The defensive potential here is insane and on Offence you're letting Giannis work with 4 skilled players who can all shoot from distance and drive. I would limit the usage of this "lineup of death" because you don't want Giannis playing too much time at centre, but if you give Giannis 10-12 or so minutes at centre per game, I think you essentially replace the minutes you were getting from Greg Monroe and let Maker/Henson duke it out for the rest as they have been doing (this gives the added benefit of helping Maker develop and play more minutes when the matchups fit).

I can't wait to see what Kidd does with the rotations of this team.

The Professor
11-08-2017, 01:06 AM
Except Jason Kidd sucks and can't create a competent offensive system.

Spencer 555
11-08-2017, 11:18 AM
Ya haha amazing isnt it? What I should have said is "i cant wait to not see the lineup I suggested and watch Kidd and the bucks fail despite having the talent to compete with the warriors"

The Professor
11-08-2017, 01:08 PM
Watching Kidd and Lue is so frustrating. There have to be other options than them. They have such talented teams and can't come close to maximizing it. It's just let LeBron and Giannis do their thing and hope it's enough to win. Lue winning a title because he had Kyrie and LeBron and had Draymond be a dumbass has to be one of the luckiest things ever for a person.

Spencer 555
11-08-2017, 01:11 PM
Ya lue is even worse. They make Dwayne Casey look like a great coach. Its amazing how far casey has come in the last few years. We have some of the best assistant coaches in the league imo.

Greendaybum5
11-08-2017, 02:18 PM
Sixers 5 game winning streak #TheProcessIsWorking

Spencer 555
11-08-2017, 02:40 PM
Havent watched a game since the raps destroyed them and they looked like total ass. Im upset stauskas isnt getting run over luwawu but I guess they just dont believe in him. Simmons is legit though.

Spencer 555
11-12-2017, 06:33 PM
Man.. I dont usually complain about the refs, but this has been hard to watch. Celtics getting away with a lot of bullshit in this game and straight up bullying their way to a win. Raps losing this game would be pretty sad, they deserve it.

Spencer 555
11-12-2017, 06:41 PM
That being said, tatum and rozier lookin more and more legit. Rozier has really improved and should get an opportunity to start somewhere imo. Remember making a post somewhere about vanvleet being maybe the best 3rd string pg in the league, but rozier is clearly that lol.

Spencer 555
11-12-2017, 06:58 PM
Great game from the raps. Lost to the celts sans Kyrie, but I would probably guess if Kyrie were playing, the refs wouldn't have allowed baynes/theiss to bully us around as much as they did. Reaaaallly impressed by tatum. Hes gonna be a star no doubt about it.

|AFO|
11-12-2017, 09:39 PM
Baynes gets away with so much its unbelievable.

Spencer 555
11-13-2017, 01:01 AM
Theres something fishy going on when baynes and theis have a 3+ dbpm and theyre both about as immobile as jonas valanciunas. Would be awesome to see JV get away with all the shit those 2 got away with earlier.

Spencer 555
11-16-2017, 10:41 PM
Watching this celtics vs golden state game and its bexoming clearer the nba wants the celtics to win this year. I thought it was bad in the raps game, but golden state is getting shafted here. Its kinda sad. The celts would be a fantastic team without help from the refs... why does the nba do this blatant shit lol.

KBHoleN1
11-16-2017, 11:41 PM
I hear ya Spencer. Celtics with twice as many free throws, Kyrie shoots on every drive even when he’s dipping his head into the defender or throwing up trash not even looking at the basket.

Spencer 555
11-16-2017, 11:59 PM
That game was trash. The celtics shot 32% and won because of non calls and free throws. Im honestly not usually the conspiracy theory type of guy, I watch a lot of basketball and understand the superstar calls that kyrie gets, but the celtics have seemingly been getting systemic non calls all season. Theyre being allowed to straight up bully teams unlike anyone else. Its frustrating watching the 2 lumbering white guys in the back with similar mobility issues as JV be allowed to do whatever they want on the court. There is absolutely no way either of those 2 bigs is a net positive against the warriors, but both contributed and baynes was a +11 ffs lol.

Maybe im just salty, but to me the celtics are too good a team to be getting special treatment imo.

Spencer 555
11-17-2017, 12:02 AM
Baynes with 0 personal fouls... against the warriors... thats some horse shit lol

I'malive
11-17-2017, 01:25 AM
Baynes only played 12 minutes, if you want to complain about the refs at least mention relevant things. Jaylen had a block where he got 100% hand, and there were a couple other questionable calls toward the end of the game, but the first half was not slanted in our direction and our defense was fantastic throughout the game. A few bad calls do not make a conspiracy, the warriors played/shot like garbage and deserved to lose regardless of the officiating.

Watching this streak has been incredibly fun, jaylen and jayson continue to blow my expectations out of the water. Our poor offense will come back to bite us eventually (for the love of god someone needs to keep Smart to a strict 3 shot limit), but boy is this team exciting to watch.

KBHoleN1
11-17-2017, 09:35 AM
the warriors played/shot like garbage

Yeah, 33% from the field and 22% from three is pretty bad. Obviously deserve to lose if you can't make field goals.

Oh wait, that was Boston. But at least they made 33 free throws (more than 1/3 of their points). Warriors shot 40%/31% and had 15 assists compared to Boston's 9. One team certainly played like garbage.

Spencer 555
11-17-2017, 10:33 AM
The whole issue with Baynes I have is he's the main beneficiary imo of these non calls. He's bodying everyone cause hes massive human.

Horford is elbowing the shit outta everyone, brown and taytum are jumping over guys. Its like watchin a game of basketball played in the 90s except only one team is allowed to play like that lol.

Ill be more specific with my criticism next time ima. I dont mean to ruin ur fun man, boston is a very very likeable team. I love every player on that team not named kyrie. But the 2 games Ive watched have been really ugly lol.

KBHoleN1
11-17-2017, 10:57 AM
Oh shit yeah, I love Jayson Tatum. And Hayward is incredibly likable. But that doesn't mean the officiating wasn't bad. But it's bad for a lot of games, it's not just Boston. I just hate when I actually decide to watch a regular seaosn game that's supposed to be a big matchup and the direction of the game seems to be dictated by the whistles.

Spencer 555
11-17-2017, 10:42 PM
Lowry lookin like hes back. I love watching him guard bigs. Hes so fuckin strong for a little guy. The power of his giant ass. Bodied Porzingis all night tn in the post, was hilarious and awesome. Porzingis couldnt do shit. Still better then Kyrie ;)

Spencer 555
11-19-2017, 06:20 PM
Hey Serge, not sure ur watchin, but this is a great game. Raps been completely outplaying wiz imo, but not making any open 3s to save their lives, and the wiz are kinda playing better every quarter while beal and porter carry the shit out of everyone. Beal is a scary scorer. I think the wiz will win this game unless the raps can start hitting some 3s here in the 4th.

Raps are 6-30 from 3 this game and the wiz are 10-17 lol

Spencer 555
11-19-2017, 06:49 PM
Raps win! Wiz looked pretty flat in the 4th and we managed to slow down beal. That bench is horrendous.

Spencer 555
11-20-2017, 12:08 AM
You goof

Spencer 555
11-20-2017, 03:07 PM
Trade idea:

Raptors Get Demarcus Cousins

Hawks get Omer Asik, Alexis Ajinca Raptors 1st, Pelicans 1st

Pelicans get Valanciunas, Bazemore, Bellinelli, raptors 2nd

For the raps this works because we get boogie's bird rights on an expiring contract. Worst case scenario, Boogie doesnt work out, he walks, and we get a ton of cap space to maneuver and remain competitive.

Hawks get 2 first round picks for Bazemore and taking on the shitty Asik contract. This is a straight up win for the rebuilding hawks.

Pelicans improve their wing situation with Bazemore and Bellinelli, get a promising young big in valanciunas on a good contract, and get rid of Asik/Ajinca weak ass contracts.

Spencer 555
11-20-2017, 05:12 PM
Seems like a weird fit. Capela breakout next year I guess :P

06/28/17

:)

Spencer 555
11-21-2017, 04:03 PM
Id be surprised if the sixers don't sign Lebron next year.

Spencer 555
11-21-2017, 09:19 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1M60NLF3Lko

The One
11-23-2017, 06:33 PM
Thunder are scary good when they’re firing on all cylinders. Top 4 Western teams are offensive juggernauts.

Spencer 555
11-23-2017, 08:16 PM
I think both conferences are settling in nicely after all the crazy trading.

The east somehow looks like it may be on the upswing despite losing all of it's best players.

I think this year, more then any in a little while, we have more then a few contenders.

In the end, Houston and the warriors are probably the favourites in the west and I think cleveland has to still be the favourite in the east, but its more interesting this year because it doesnt feel like an inevitability. Teams like the raptors, nuggets and spurs are playing fantastic team basketball. OKC, Minny and Washington have the superstars to pull off an upset. Milwaukee and Philly have the young guns. And the door is finally open for the knicks/lakers to make it in as the 8th seed.

Spencer 555
11-23-2017, 08:17 PM
Forgot to mention the celtics in that first group with the raps and spurs lol. Shows how much I hate the celts :p

Spencer 555
11-29-2017, 01:40 AM
Raps get:

Marc Gasol
Thad Young

Griz get:

Valanciunas
Al Jefferson
1st round pick from raptors

Pacers get:

Serge Ibaka
Jakob Poeltl

Raps depth chart:

Lowry, Delon, Vanvleet
Derozan, Norm
OG, Miles
Young, Siakam, Caboclo
Gasol, Bebe

The dream team :'(

|AFO|
11-29-2017, 10:56 PM
Last two games with Wall out, Wizards bench have exploded with huge production. Hopefully Brooks will finally realize that he needs to increase the size of his rotation, not decrease it. Hopefully Wall and Beal also realize that they need to stop dribbling the ball 8+ times and start moving it more. Honestly think Porter is a better clutch player than Wall and Beal. He's never rattled.

Spencer 555
11-29-2017, 11:54 PM
Ya porter is unreal. Hard not to let beal be the guy in the clutch though because hes a tough shot maker.

Spencer 555
12-02-2017, 02:20 PM
Absolutely insane trade scenario aka what I do with my spare time:

Raps get:

Thad Young
Bogdan Bogdanovic
Alexis Ajinca
Kosta Koufos
Pelicans 1st
Pacers 2 second rounders

Pelicans get:

Demar Derozan

Pacers get:

Demarcus Cousins
Garrett Temple

Kings get:

Jonas Valanciunas
Lance Stephenson
TJ Leaf
Lucas Nogueira

Breakdown:

So this works for the raptors because we free up a ton of cap space and put some faith in our depth. This gives us a ton of financial wiggle room moving into the future, gives us a more balanced roster, while aquiring a couple picks.

Raptors depth chart:

PG: Lowry, Wright, Vanvleet
SG: Powell, Bogdanovic
SF: Anunoby, Miles
PF: Young, Siakam
C: Ibaka, Poeltl, Koufos

For the Pelicans, this works because they can go all in on a Derozan/Davis/Holliday big three moving forward while also getting rid of a bad contract in Ajinca while only giving up a year of cousins (knowing he wouldn't sign) and a first round pick

Pelicans rotation:

PG: Holliday, Rondo, Nelson
SG: Derozan, Moore, Allen
SF: Cunningham, Miller
PF: Hill, Diallo
C: Davis, Asik

For the Pacers, this works because they get to roll the dice on Cousins, and Aquire a solid veteran sg/sf on a good contract for only 2 2nd round picks, thad young and TJ leaf essentially. If cousins resigns with the pacers and mixes well with the team, itd be worth in bunches and if he doesnt, Indiana will have a ton of cap room to maneuver.

Pacers depth chart:

PG: Collison, Joseph, Young
SG: Oladipo, Temple, Wilkins
SF: Bogdanovic, Robinson 3
PF: Turner, Sabonis
C: Cousins, Jefferson

For the kings this works, because they aquire Jonas Valanciunas and TJ leaf and Lucas Nogeuira for Temple and Bogdanovic while liberating themselves of the Kosta Koufos contract. Lance Stephenson is also a king so that would be cool.

Kings depth chart:

PG: Hill, Fox
SG: Hield, Stephenson, Richardson
SF: Jackson, Carter
PF: Labissiere, Leaf
C: Cauley-Stein, Randolph, Nogueira

The Professor
12-02-2017, 02:42 PM
These make no sense whatsoever.

Kings: Have a glutton or big men, and you want to send them 2 more in Valanciunas and Nogueira, with Stephenson thrown in to see how bad things can really get in SAC.

Pacers: They just traded their franchise player in Paul George because he was leaving. You really think after half a season Cousins will stay in Indiana?

Pelicans: They are in the playoff hunt and you want to trade Cousins for an inferior player in DeRozan?

You’re crazy Spence

Spencer 555
12-02-2017, 02:45 PM
Lol boo you. Booooooo. I missed starting JV on the kings there :p. Still.. boooo

Spencer 555
12-02-2017, 03:08 PM
To make it fun though:

Kings: ya why not. By trading Koufos, Bogdanovic and Temple, they aquire 4 younger potentially more talented players for the future and actually free up cap room in the process. Stephenson + the kings would be awesome and you know it.

Pacers: They have a better chance at making the playoffs this year then the peli's imo. Davis just went down with a potentially serious injury, and Cousins + Temple for Thad young and 2 second round picks is a pretty decent win now opportunity. Would Cousins resign? Probably not, but even if he doesn't resign, the pacers have a ton of cap room to either tank or buy players in free agency.

Pelicans: personally think they might do boogie for derozan straight up considering derozan is signed through 2020 and boogie is probably not resigning in NO. I think theyd be willing to give up a first round pick for that insurance, especially if the raps take on ajinca's useless 5 mill. Derozan has never played with an elite big man outside of the olympics and I don't think it's a stretch to imagine he would improve alongside someone like AD. It gives the pelicans 3 years to build a roster around AD, Dero and Boogie.

Spencer 555
12-02-2017, 03:16 PM
The trade machine suggests this:

The raptors get -11 wins
The pelicans get +3 wins
The pacers get +4 wins
The kings get -2 wins

Spencer 555
12-02-2017, 03:18 PM
And holliday I meant*

Spencer 555
12-04-2017, 09:36 PM
I remember last year when I said I would rather jose calderon starting for the knicks then derrick rose and you guys called me crazy.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z19nZxs2rQ

Spencer 555
12-15-2017, 10:15 PM
Nice seeing the Jazz whoop the celtics right now :). Keep it up boys!

Spencer 555
12-16-2017, 04:17 PM
Its shit like this that makes me love Kyle Lowry and this iteration of the raptors.

Last night, was watching the game in the early 4th quarter and lowry had a double double with 9 rebounds in a 30+ point game. It was essentially garbage time, but lowry is a bullish dude and obviously wanted the triple double so Casey let him on the court to start the 4th with the bench unit.

So lowry's opportunity shows up about a minute or so in on the defensive boards and our sophomore big man, Jakob Poeltl, swoops in out of nowhere and snags it from Lowry with the cheekiest smile. You could just tell lowry was holding back from smacking him upside the head like the grandpa of the team should, but he refrained and the game proceeded. The very next play, vanvleet hits the rim on the offensive end, and lowry flies over poeltl and grabs the offensive board in his face . Was one of the funniest sequences of plays I've ever seen.

Spencer 555
12-16-2017, 07:18 PM
Everyone talking in the media about Okafor getting his chance with the nets... the real asset in that deal will be stauskas.

The One
01-02-2018, 09:47 PM
Curry is back baby. Warriors started off slow but now they're completely healthy.

Spencer 555
01-03-2018, 11:36 PM
I got tickets to the game on the 13th against the warriors. Cant wait to see curry live.

manonfire101
01-04-2018, 01:34 AM
Similarly, Curry can't wait to watch you play tactics arena online and show off your turtle skills.

Spencer 555
01-04-2018, 11:36 AM
Do you have a secret life size tao arena in an underground bunker in the rockies where we can do battle or do I just have an overly active imagination?

manonfire101
01-04-2018, 10:32 PM
Obviously I do. We keep Guide locked in there, though. He's kind of like a TAO Gollum.

Spencer 555
01-04-2018, 11:14 PM
Lol I just pictured a little british harry potter lookin dude with a makeshift mud golem costume (made of odds and ends he found in the bunker that you've tossed in) throwing his own shit at people who enter.

manonfire101
01-11-2018, 11:20 PM
Toronto looks good.

Spencer 555
01-12-2018, 01:11 PM
Our young guys are really stepping up whenever they are called to. Im not getting my hopes up, but it feels different this year because of the system changes. Derozan doesn't play the hero as much anymore.

Spencer 555
01-13-2018, 03:31 PM
What do you guys think of this trade:

JV + Bruno + 2nd rnd pick

Robin Lopez + Mirotic

Bulls perspective: JV is the "prize" here arguably best player with most potential in this deal. Chicago unloads Lopez contract and aquires Bruno and the 2nd round pick as a cherry on top if need be for mirotic.

Raps perspective: unload JV's contract for lopez potentially more dumpable asset trade chip next year. Mirotic provides more synergy with starters.

Pg: lowry, delon, vanvleet
Sg: Derozan, Powell
Sf: anunoby, miles
Pf: mirotic, siakam
C: Ibaka, poeltl, nogueira/lopez

Spencer 555
01-13-2018, 06:28 PM
Headin to the game. Hopefully its a good one!

Spencer 555
01-13-2018, 09:38 PM
Damn lol. Theyre still miles ahead. Looks like they scouted our weakness (backcuts) the nuggets expose us with this shit too.

Spencer 555
01-14-2018, 01:19 PM
Holy shit, that was the best game I've ever seen. So at halftime, it was 81 - 54, mainly because the warriors were just completely destroying the raps in half-court sets on both sides of the court. They got transition buckets as usual off of lock down defense at every position, and they got 81 points by embarrassing the raptors defense with beautiful passing and were shooting like 70% on open shots. It's a testament to Derozan that they were able to score 54 in the first half, because it seemed like the warriors were able to guard everyone at all times and Derozan just willed the team to 54 with 25 points on 18 shots. In the second half of the game, the raps really amped up the defensive awareness. I didn't see one single backcut work and the warriors were forced to drive to the basket or take contested jump shots because the raps defense was smothering (and probably the warriors intensity was a little down -_-). We crushed them in transition and if a few more open shots went in at the end, we would've won it. Was awesome to see the raps completely outplay the warriors for a half. The best part was seeing Curry miss 2 free throws on a completely bullcrap call. Whole stadium erupted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0VgTLjyvQo

manonfire101
01-14-2018, 11:38 PM
Minnesota is looking very strong lately. They are comfortably the #4 seed in the West and have a chance to move up to the #3 seed with the Spurs being banged up. I'm sort of hoping they stay in the 4 spot, though, because I very much want to see a second round series between Golden State and Minnesota.

Spencer 555
01-15-2018, 08:53 AM
Ya they've really stepped up since Jimmy became the #1 option. At the start of the year, they tried making Jimmy play off of wiggins and towns and be more of the defensive leader. But since theyve switched wiggy and butler's responsibilities, theyve been about as good as the raptors have been this season.

I think we're actually seeing some signs of wiggins developing defensively this season. His offensive stats have all slipped, but that's still a bit of a small sample size thing imo. That team is setup so nicely if they can develop towns and wiggy during Butler's prime. I think they are scary, but in terms of contention, those 2 need to be much better. Especially Wiggins.

NBA RPM has Jimmy as the most valuable player in basketball this year. He might be the most underrated superstar in the league. I think we've been comparing and contrasting him to Paul George over the last few years in terms of talent, but I honestly feel like Butler probably surpassed George last year. His playmaking and intangibles are simply on another level.

Spencer 555
01-30-2018, 08:58 PM
This blake griffin trade makes things incredibly interesting this offseason tradewise.

LAC will has an absolute fuck ton of nice trade assets and salary matching contracts almost everyone on that team is avg to above avg.

Detroit could also make griffin or drummond available if things don't work out between them.

Teams are gonna be swarming.

Spencer 555
02-08-2018, 02:48 PM
Lol the kings are such a disgusting franchise. Every year they make some dumbass trade and free agent signing for no reason.

Spencer 555
02-09-2018, 06:04 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ybm5MTxLeik

Da Gyps
05-01-2018, 10:53 PM
Imagine being a Raptors fan. Seems awful.

KBHoleN1
05-01-2018, 11:03 PM
The worst 4th quarter I think I've ever seen. The Cavs played like ass and still managed to force OT. So many bricks.

Spencer 555
05-02-2018, 10:07 AM
Yup

Da Gyps
05-02-2018, 08:47 PM
This Raptors team is really damn good too. Best bench in the NBA perhaps. If this Raps team can't beat this Lebron team.... Just wow. I still think the Raps win the series though.

Spencer 555
05-03-2018, 08:24 AM
I'm feeling defeated, but I agree. We missed roughly 10 open looks within 2 feet of the rim in the 4th. Was incredibly bad. And derozan looked like he didn't know wtf he was doing.

Spencer 555
05-03-2018, 07:36 PM
Here we go again... first play out of halftime and derozan literally walks up to half court and gives the ball away. It wasnt even hard pressure, he just lost the handle.

Da Gyps
05-03-2018, 08:07 PM
welppppp

Spencer 555
05-03-2018, 10:22 PM
LeBron shoved his dick down our throats today. We have no-one who can penetrate the Cavs defense like oladipo was doing. It's hard to watch Cleveland's defense smother us when they literally suck on that end. I was really hoping Derozan would step up this year, but hes once again regressed. Lowry deserves some credit here for finally stepping up, he's been great.

Da Gyps
05-06-2018, 07:16 AM
Lebron James's torture chamber

bludhoundz
05-06-2018, 10:10 AM
https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/31945260_1702682173150056_6908939488186073088_n.jp g?_nc_cat=0&oh=04613ff5c07fbdcf35d390038b8b0a5f&oe=5B532EAF

Spencer 555
05-07-2018, 07:41 AM
:(

Sanosuke
05-07-2018, 01:11 PM
LeBron is why the dinosaurs are extinct

Spencer 555
05-08-2018, 02:13 PM
Lebronto

Greendaybum5
05-09-2018, 01:36 PM
This Raptors team is really damn good too. Best bench in the NBA perhaps. If this Raps team can't beat this Lebron team.... Just wow. I still think the Raps win the series though. lol

Lebronto Lebronadelphia

I can't believe Sixers are down in this series 3-1. Easily should be 2-2 or 3-1 philly. Great season so far for this young team. Can't wait for one of LBJ, PG13, Kawhi, or Thompson to come here next year :)

Spencer 555
05-12-2018, 08:21 AM
Oh man, that would be sick. I'm hopping on that Philly bandwagon if u don't mind.

As much as I love Embiid, his usage needs to come down a bit. He's at 32% and should be around 25. I would want the ball in the hands of Simmons more.

Greendaybum5
05-12-2018, 11:46 AM
Oh man, that would be sick. I'm hopping on that Philly bandwagon if u don't mind.

As much as I love Embiid, his usage needs to come down a bit. He's at 32% and should be around 25. I would want the ball in the hands of Simmons more.

Embiid is fine, just needs to shoot less 3's lol. He needs to get his conditioning up. Simmons I liked playing off the ball a bit more. He just needs to grow a pair and start shooting. Even if he misses law of averages say he'll make a few lol

Spencer 555
05-13-2018, 07:45 AM
I dunno man, 33% is kobe/Westbrook territory. Shaq in all his ball hoggy greatness never posted a usage rate as high as embiid's was this year in his entire career. The offense is not as good when the ball flows through him evidenced by the 15+ game win streak while he was injured.

I'm not saying embiid is a problem at all, on the contrary, I think hes the best player on the team. But if he was more consistently a third option scorer, I think the Sixers will reach their ceiling.

3000 stat
05-13-2018, 10:28 PM
This Celtics team is so fun to watch. Just hope they can keep it rolling, squashing LeBron would be so fun. Then maybe see if can win a game against Golden State in the finals.

It's great being a fan of the young/underdog team, I can't be disappointed, they've already surpassed expectations. Now it's just seeing how long they can keep it rolling.

Spencer 555
05-14-2018, 12:46 AM
The Celtics are never an underdog team :/

I'malive
05-16-2018, 06:41 PM
I'm with ya 3k, this has been an absurdly fun season to watch. Every time you think this team is reaching their ceiling, somebody else steps up and we pull another win out of thin air. I can't wait to see how we play these next two games on the road, if we can manage to steal one it's pretty much a done deal.

Spencer 555
05-16-2018, 06:55 PM
It's hard not to like the celtics. But I proudly dislike them and am rooting for the Cavs because I'm a petty bitch and won't accept that the Celtics are better then the raptors without kyrie/hayword.

I'll be rooting for u guys and the Sixers to beat LeBron next year tho. If he stays.. which I think he will.

bludhoundz
05-19-2018, 05:29 PM
https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/32215464_1933769330003079_318304304093986816_n.jpg ?_nc_cat=0&oh=b4bba2bfdb8d1a4d9e942d4c848ec54a&oe=5B8D8041

KBHoleN1
05-21-2018, 10:09 AM
Alabama won in 2010, and Lebron didn't make the conference finals.

bludhoundz
05-28-2018, 11:26 AM
Alabama won in 2010, and Lebron didn't make the conference finals.

you gotta admit that graphic is still pretty nuts

also he is back in the finals now. to anyone who thought boston would win, i only have one thing to say to you:

http://static.skaip.org/img/emoticons/180x180/f6fcff/cwl.gif

Spencer 555
05-28-2018, 07:52 PM
What's that?

KBHoleN1
05-29-2018, 12:25 AM
What's that?

Click this to see what blud posted. (http://static.skaip.org/img/emoticons/180x180/f6fcff/cwl.gif) For some reason it didn’t link the gif for display, that site must block hotlinking.

Spencer 555
05-29-2018, 07:10 AM
Lol is this a joke? I keep seeing skaip.org

KBHoleN1
05-29-2018, 09:43 AM
Ha, now when I click it I see skaip.org as well. I don't know what's wrong, I thought mine linked directly to the image, not a hotlink. It was a laughing emoji with tears coming out.

Spencer 555
05-29-2018, 04:20 PM
Oh well

bludhoundz
05-31-2018, 07:43 AM
damnit all how could they take that away from me

Spencer 555
05-31-2018, 08:44 AM
Skaip.org the evil empire

The One
06-12-2018, 01:10 AM
LET'S FUCKING GO WARRIORS

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DfOFii1VMAAbVUk.jpg

Greendaybum5
06-29-2018, 11:06 AM
no Kawhi talk here!??! where's prof at?

Spencer 555
06-29-2018, 01:46 PM
Ya the nba thread pretty much died without u, deto, prof and manon :(

Greendaybum5
06-30-2018, 01:25 PM
can't wait for midnight!

Spencer 555
06-30-2018, 04:48 PM
Canada day

Lex
07-01-2018, 03:53 AM
Good week for Oklahoma. We passed medical marijuana and resigned Paul George. Now if only Melo could disappear somehow.

KBHoleN1
07-01-2018, 08:51 PM
LeBron to Lakers, 4 year deal. I don't think he makes it to the Finals with the Lakers. I think this season was peak LeBron, but it might be about the last time he could drag a team to the Finals in the East. He certainly can't drag a team to the Finals in the West, and I don't think the Lakers get it together fast enough to utilize peak LeBron and overcome the Warriors and Rockets in the same year. Maybe I'm way off, but I think the West is going to eat LeBron alive come playoffs.

EDIT: And by LeBron, I don't mean him specifically, I mean the team he's on. LeBron hero ball works in the East playoffs, but he can't do that in the West. Maybe if the Lakers swing Kawhi right now, the Lakers could do some damage this year, but I don't think LeBron's window for another championship is very large. He'll be 34 this year. I think he's starting to lose his legs, as he's been pushing his shots closer and closer to the basket as the playoffs wear on. I just don't think this is going to work out like Lakers fans think it will.

Spencer 555
07-07-2018, 09:38 AM
I'm hopeful you're right KB. As much as I'd like to see someone compete with the warriors moving forward, I don't expect the lake show to be that emergent team. I guess we'll see though, it certainly doesn't seem like there is any hope for this year unless the Celtics and Sixers get their shit together.

Greendaybum5
07-07-2018, 07:00 PM
Depressing offseason for the sixers thus far besides Reddick. Wish Kawhi would've been willing to come here.

KBHoleN1
07-18-2018, 10:54 AM
Spurs have agree to trade Kawhi Leonard and Danny Green to Toronto for DeMar DeRozan, Jakob Poeltl and a protected 2019 first-round pick, league sources tell ESPN. Trade call with league office is starting shortly.

I don't dig deeply into trade values and stuff, and know very little about NBA player values. I'm curious what Spencer thinks about this. Are you excited to get Kawhi? Seems like a good deal getting Danny and not having to give up OG. Defense is going to be legit. How long do you think Kawhi plans to stay in Toronto?

Spencer 555
07-18-2018, 07:01 PM
Lots to digest here.

Raptors direction and goals:

Prior to this trade, the raptors had a clear goal in mind: reach the nba finals. They've been trying to get over the hump for several years now with the same core to no avail, and I think even with LeBron leaving the conference, that core was not likely going to beat the Sixers or Celtics unless everything went right.

So that being said, I think this trade really took that into consideration. Masai handed Derozan a 5 year contract to get things done with Lowry and Ibaka, and he decided after year 2 of this contract that they weren't going to get it done.

Frankly, I completely agree with him.

I think in a worst case scenario, Masai just traded the bloated contract of a player he evaluated as not being good enough to reach "the goal", for 1 last chance at glory. By extension, if Kawhi walks, we speed up the rebuilding process (this is a good thing).

In the coming years, I think, the raptors will have some excellent young players to pass the torch too (wright, siakam, og, vanvleet), a ton of cap space and financial flexibility and some aging assets become much more valuable on the trade market in case of a salary dump (think Lowry for a couple overpaid scrub type deals). If we just kept paddling our boat during this 5 year window, I think we would probably realise soon that we are being passed by younger teams while also losing those young assets to free agency and not maximizing the trade value of our aging role players.

The fact that masai was able to maximize the value of this specific deal by also getting Danny Green (solid role player) instead of say Patty Mills in order to balance the money. The fact that he maximized the value of the deal by trading our "third center" (behind Valanciunas and Ibaka) Jakob Peoltl instead of our young SF/PFs OG Anunoby or Pascal Siakam.. I think it really shows how much consideration was put into this deal. If not Danny Green and Jakob, the deal just isn't "perfect" in terms of maximizing our chances THIS year and by extension... just wouldn't have made sense to me for the raptors.

For the spurs, I think they will be happy that they were able to get a decent pretty decent package for their disgruntled star who was set to leave at the end of the season. I think the goal in spurs land is to extend their playoff run another couple years while rebuilding and I think acquiring an all star, a promising potential starting centre and a first round pick accomplishes that goal.

Considering all of this, I think its a win win deal on paper even.

Potential disaster scenario:

Demar Derozan is essentially the GOAT in toronto. He pretty much single handedly built the culture of this team.

Hard work and dedication: He was a gym rat, and lead by example. Through hard work and perseverance, he improved his game every single year that he was with our team and showed all of our young players how to act.

Loyalty and Comeraderie: The first all star to rep Toronto as a viable destination in the NBA. He was loyal to a fault, and always the good guy in the locker room. Over the course of 9 years on the team, Demar (along with Lowry and Amir Johnson) really kept the drama in Toronto to a minimum. You never heard of any hostility or bullshit between players on our team and you never heard of guys going out to clubs... it was very team/family first.

Backstabbing Demar and bringing in Kawhi... a player who comes with some baggage and is becoming more known as a guy who doesn't play well with others. Lowry has a very volatile personality and we just fucked over his best friend. I think there may be some real chemistry issues with this team despite the raised ceiling and some real potential for toxicity both in the short term and long term. The feel good, underdog culture is almost assuredly dead.

Greendaybum5
07-18-2018, 09:54 PM
Maybe Raptors flip Kawhi to Philly for future assets....praying lol

Spencer 555
07-18-2018, 10:05 PM
That would be insanity lol

Spencer 555
07-23-2018, 11:51 PM
I think Indiana is gonna be better then people give them credit. Oladipo really emerged as a top 15-20 talent last year and Tyreke Evans will be a nice addition their alongside him. Kyle Oquinn is a really solid backup C as well. I like the under the radar moves. If Myles Turner can show some marked improvement, Indiana will be very good.

For as much as people are hating on the east, I think there are 4 legit contenders here and probably only 2-3 in the West. It's just top heavy really.

Spencer 555
07-24-2018, 05:06 PM
So the Kawhi Leonard trade has me all excited again for the NBA season. So here's another one of my famous crazy trade ideas that works.

Raptors get:

Jimmy Butler - Gorgui Dieng

Timberwolves get:

Serge Ibaka - OG Anunoby - Delon Wright - Norm Powell - 2021 1st round pick

Reasoning: So from the raptors perspective, it's obvious. We dump Ibaka's salary and get one of the best 2 way wings in the league along with a pretty underrated backup C on meh contract.

From the Timberwolves perspective, they get an abundance of talented young players to help bolster their team around Wiggins and KAT, they get a potential lottery pick in the very promising 2021 draft (they're opening it back up to highschool players) if the raptors end up not being able to resign kawhi and butler, and they get to roll the dice on Ibaka meshing well with KAT.

Raptors:

PG: Lowry - Vanvleet - Brown
SG: Butler - Green - Richardson
SF: Leonard - Miles
PF: Siakam
C: Valanciunas - Dieng - Nogueira

Timberwolves:

PG: Teague - Jones - Rose
SG: Wiggins - Wright
SF: ﹰAnunoby - Powell
PF: Ibaka - Gibson - Tolliver
C: KAT - Patton

I actually think the added depth and defensive support at the wing would allow wiggy to play at his natural position and possibly unlock his offensive potential by hiding him more on defense.

The One
01-01-2019, 03:27 PM
Warriors depth at center is sparse... Demarcus Cousins can’t get back healthy soon enough. Ohh and Thompson remembered how to shoot again finally.

Greendaybum5
01-01-2019, 03:45 PM
Simmons needs to start shooting. I don't care if he misses alot but needs to start getting more confidence.

Greendaybum5
02-06-2019, 12:31 PM
Get beat by Raptors again....EB goes out and gets Tobias lol. Love the starting lineup. Ready to see what buyout players end up here this year to fill out the bench.

manonfire101
02-07-2019, 12:29 AM
Simmons, Redick, Butler, Harris, Embiid

Sixers still need a bench but that starting 5 is fire. Harris is a 50/40/90 player shooting 43.4% from 3 this season. He's the perfect fit for Philly. And Boban is a decent back-up for Jo. Can't wait for the eastern conference playoffs.

Greendaybum5
02-07-2019, 01:45 PM
Simmons, Redick, Butler, Harris, Embiid

Sixers still need a bench but that starting 5 is fire. Harris is a 50/40/90 player shooting 43.4% from 3 this season. He's the perfect fit for Philly. And Boban is a decent back-up for Jo. Can't wait for the eastern conference playoffs.

Never too late to hop on the 76ers bandwagon!

manonfire101
02-07-2019, 10:14 PM
Never too late to hop on the 76ers bandwagon!

Eh? I'm not a Sixers fan at all, but I've been paying attention to them since they drafted Embiid. I'll pass on the bandwagon, just looking forward to the playoffs.

The Professor
02-07-2019, 11:33 PM
Sixers starting 5 is ridiculous. Harris was such a great pickup. They gave up a lot, but if it leads to a title it’s worth it.

Toronto getting Gasol was huge. His post defense will be important against Embiid and can allow Toronto to play straight up without double teaming them. Siakam/Leonard/Green/Lowry are great defenders so scoring against them will be difficult.

Boston is still talented as fuck. They’re 25-9 in their last 34, and have weapons galore. If they play Hayward less and Brown/Tatum more they’ll be better. Addition by subtraction.

Milwaukee added another legit shooter in Mirotic who’s also a capable defender. Mirotic, Giannis, Bledsoe, and Middleton is strong as well.

I have no fucking idea who wins the East, but the playoffs are gonna be awesome.

manonfire101
02-08-2019, 07:58 PM
I have no fucking idea who wins the East, but the playoffs are gonna be awesome.

Agreed. I would go Raptors, Bucks, Sixers, Celtics, Pacers in that order in terms of who I think will come out of the east.

Nightmarez
02-09-2019, 11:42 AM
Agreed. I would go Raptors, Bucks, Sixers, Celtics, Pacers in that order in terms of who I think will come out of the east.

Pacers w/o Dipo might as well not be on the list.

The One
03-09-2019, 06:41 PM
Glad to see Bogut back on the Warriors. Time for them to get healthy and gear up for the playoffs.

Greendaybum5
03-17-2019, 02:21 PM
Pacers w/o Dipo might as well not be on the list.

amazed at how well they've played without him so far

Spencer 555
03-17-2019, 09:02 PM
Ya, seriously. Their defense is great. Reminds me a bit of Utah couple years ago.

Hulky
04-12-2019, 07:42 PM
I got a piece of the LA Forum court, the old Lakers court, signed by Jerry West recently.

Greendaybum5
05-05-2019, 08:20 PM
f u spence

Spencer 555
05-05-2019, 11:46 PM
If Embiid could stay healthy, you'd win. The raps are really disappointing me.

I'malive
05-07-2019, 02:13 AM
I never thought I'd say this, but Kyrie is actually shooting the C's right out of the playoffs..

Spencer 555
05-08-2019, 02:27 AM
Now that's more like it :o

KBHoleN1
05-10-2019, 11:47 PM
https://streamable.com/skik8

And this:

https://i.imgur.com/zr9zuRu.gifv

The reddit memes are extra spicy is the postgame thread.

Greendaybum5
05-20-2019, 09:31 AM
These ECF suck. Sixers would've been such a better matchup. Can't believe we lost that series.

Spencer 555
05-24-2019, 08:43 AM
pfft

Greendaybum5
05-24-2019, 10:07 AM
pfft

it's amazing how good kawhi is. literally playing the roll LBJ played for Cavs.

Carrying this team by himself.

Spencer 555
05-24-2019, 11:47 AM
I totally disagree. Our defense has been stellar. It's a shame really that everyone on the team has seemed to forget how to shoot open shots though.

That sixers series was amazing tho. It really is a shame that embiid was sick in a couple of the games. Just based on how that series went and how this one is going, I would say the sixers were the better team (even if the bucks beat us in 7, they would really have to thump us for me to change my mind). We've really outplayed them on both ends in 3 of 4 games this series, only reason we lost game 1, and game 3 was so close is because a lot of open shots just aren't falling.

Coming in to the series, I thought if the raptors continued to shoot poorly, the bucks would win handily. But their offense hasn't been nearly as potent as I expected and they are a lot softer then the sixers were. We're totally bullying them so far. Can't wait for tomorrow.

Hulky
05-30-2019, 01:19 PM
I bet on the finals game one on draftkings
Captain: Steph Curry (GS) (1.5x point multiplier)
UTIL: Kawhi Leonard (TOR)
UTIL: Klay Thompson (GS)
UTIL: Marc Gasol (TOR)
UTIL: Fred VanVleet (TOR)
UTIL: Andrew Bogut (GS)

I don't know NBA at all, but it's Draft Kings and you have a dollar budget thats why I have Bogut lol. Anyways I figured Bogut might get a little extra time if Durant and Cousins are out or eased back in. Maybe I'm stupid.

Spencer 555
05-30-2019, 02:53 PM
tbh, I have no idea about nba betting either.

Raps in 7

Veilmenacex
06-14-2019, 04:51 AM
Wow, spencer you must be pretty happy right now. I am not as happy as you because of all the poor sportsmanship by the Raptor fans. Like cheering for KD's injury and Klay Thompson's injuries. I felt that was down right disrespectful.

Spencer 555
06-14-2019, 08:55 AM
I cheered for the Durant injury, dudes a bitch ass. The Klay injury was sad tho. ILL TAKE THE DUB THO!

Greendaybum5
06-14-2019, 10:53 AM
Yea raptors fans are awful. If that was Philly we'd have been on front page of national news. Amazing the raptors fans havent gotten roasted for that yet.

Nice win Spence. Kawhi is a freak. Better hope he comes back or Raptors are a 6 seed next year at best.

KBHoleN1
06-14-2019, 11:21 AM
I cheered for the Durant injury
Of course you did ...

Spencer 555
06-15-2019, 06:25 AM
I didnt actually cheer for the injury per se, I cheered for durant not to exist on the warriors lol. This series was dead even with the durantless warriors. It was lookin like a 7 game series before klay went down.

If Durant had played, the warriors woulda just swept us like theyd sweep anyone else, and the league would continue to be broken.

@philly probably better then the nets and magic still imo. Would be a 4 seed behind indiana. That being said, raptors fans were generally really good based on coverage I saw. Shouldn't let a few shitty people ruin all the positive stories. 1000s of people out in the streets for each playoff game without any violent crimes? Not bad

Spencer 555
06-15-2019, 06:38 AM
I think we went 17-5 without kawhi in the reg season.

Achilles
06-17-2019, 12:34 PM
Nobody knows what the fuck is going on with the Celtics. Irving basically got run out of town because he's a grade A bitch. So now it looks like they're back to rebuilding.

Sucks, Boston won only two championships this year.

Achilles
06-17-2019, 01:12 PM

Greendaybum5
06-18-2019, 12:22 PM
Boston prob loses Horford and Irving. Surprised they wouldn't trade Tatum + pieces to get AD. Would've locked up Irving.

Greendaybum5
06-18-2019, 12:24 PM
Also for fun here are my predicions -

Irving - Nets
Klay - GS
KD - GS (i think he was leaving if he didn't get hurt)
Jimmy - Philly
Tobias - As a sixers fan I hope he stays, but I have a feeling he takes a deal somewhere like Dallas.
Kawhi - 50/50 Toronto and LAC. I'm going to say he goes to Clippers simply because of family.
Kemba - Seems like it's down to Lakers and staying in Charlotte. Just don't see how he passes up chance of playing with LBJ and AD so I'm going to say LAL.

Greendaybum5
06-18-2019, 09:25 PM
Also for fun here are my predicions -

Irving - Nets
Klay - GS
KD - GS (i think he was leaving if he didn't get hurt)
Jimmy - Philly
Tobias - As a sixers fan I hope he stays, but I have a feeling he takes a deal somewhere like Dallas.
Kawhi - 50/50 Toronto and LAC. I'm going to say he goes to Clippers simply because of family.
Kemba - Seems like it's down to Lakers and staying in Charlotte. Just don't see how he passes up chance of playing with LBJ and AD so I'm going to say LAL.

Forgot a few -

Boogie - Dallas (think about that trio of Luka, KP and him) could also see him going to either BKN/NYK wherever Kyrie goes.
Barnes - Kings

Spencer 555
06-19-2019, 10:30 AM
It would be cool to see Jimmy Butler in a raps jersey if Kawhi leaves. He's not Kawhi in terms of defense or shooting, but he's no slouch with either, and he's a much better playmaker.

Lowry and him are buds.

Greendaybum5
06-19-2019, 11:44 AM
It would be cool to see Jimmy Butler in a raps jersey if Kawhi leaves. He's not Kawhi in terms of defense or shooting, but he's no slouch with either, and he's a much better playmaker.

Lowry and him are buds.

0% chance lol

Greendaybum5
06-19-2019, 02:55 PM
Looks like I was right about Mavs going after a center lol. Just looks like it's going to be Horford instead of Boogie.

I'malive
07-01-2019, 02:54 AM
Well that was a pretty ridiculous start to NBA free agency...Was really hoping Ainge would pull off some magic and keep Horford, although I suppose it's probably for the best that we don't pay an aging big man 100 million bucks. I am still really excited for next season despite the Celtics lack of any kind of big man, largely because Kemba was one of if not my favorite non-Celtic prior to this signing. I just hope we can dredge up enough big men to have a shot at dealing with Horford/Embiid and Giannis.

Veilmenacex
07-02-2019, 11:02 PM
Toronto should stop telling Kawhi to stay and leave the man alone. Just rebuild the team from scratch again, there is no pressure to repeat as NBA champions

Greendaybum5
07-12-2019, 10:52 AM
best NBA offseason ever......

Spencer 555
07-13-2019, 09:28 AM
The nba is incredible. Sad the east is gonna be so bad this year, but at least that means the raps have a non 0 chance to make the finals again losing both Danny Green and Kawhi.

Who do you guys think wins the east next year with all the changes? I wanna bet on the darkhorse pacers. With Oladipo healthy, Turner another year of maturation, and Brogdon now in the mix, I think they're gonna turn some heads.

Utah are my picks to win the championship. Clippers probably will win it though.

Veilmenacex
07-18-2019, 06:25 PM
Is Durant with the Knicks now? I think 76ers will win the eastern conference or Bucks

Greendaybum5
07-19-2019, 11:20 AM
The nba is incredible. Sad the east is gonna be so bad this year, but at least that means the raps have a non 0 chance to make the finals again losing both Danny Green and Kawhi.

Who do you guys think wins the east next year with all the changes? I wanna bet on the darkhorse pacers. With Oladipo healthy, Turner another year of maturation, and Brogdon now in the mix, I think they're gonna turn some heads.

Utah are my picks to win the championship. Clippers probably will win it though.

East (regular season)

1. Bucks
2. Sixers
3. Celtics
4. Pacers
5. Nets
6. Raptors
7. Bulls
8. Pistons

West

1. Clippers
2. Jazz
3. Blazers
4. Lakers
5. Nuggets
6. Rockets
7. Warriors
8. Mavericks

I think ECF will be Sixers v Pacers (assuming Oladipo gets healthy mid season) and I think Sixers will win the East.

I think it'll be Clippers v Blazers with Clippers winning West. I love the Jazz this year with the Conley addition, but Spencer picked them so i wanna be different.

Edit: sadly I think whoever comes out of West will ultimately win this year unless they get beat up so much during a tough playoff run. I love my Sixers chances this year and just don't see how any team out East has a shot vs them in a 7 game series. East is weaker than it's ever been.

Spencer 555
07-19-2019, 12:08 PM
Yup, east is hot garbage :(

The One
08-06-2019, 12:40 AM
West is very loaded while the East is top-heavy with like 3 great teams. Warriors locked up Steph, Klay, and Dray long-term thank god. They just need to get another wing player. Curious how DLo and WCS will fare...need big minutes from them.

Greendaybum5
08-06-2019, 12:28 PM
West is very loaded while the East is top-heavy with like 3 great teams. Warriors locked up Steph, Klay, and Dray long-term thank god. They just need to get another wing player. Curious how DLo and WCS will fare...need big minutes from them.

WCS one of the most underrated signings of the offseason imo. He's gonna be great for them.

Greendaybum5
01-15-2020, 11:06 AM
WCS one of the most underrated signings of the offseason imo. He's gonna be great for them.

man was i wrong about this one lol

Sixers been so depressing this year. Really thought Simmons would at least start ATTEMPTING a few 3's a game. Horford's been an awful fit.

Spencer 555
01-16-2020, 04:49 AM
Seems like the GSW thing is on hold till next year. I don't think Simmons will ever be capable of shooting 3s, not sure why he even needs to. Dude needs to stop playing like a pussy and drive it to the hoop like the freak of nature that he is.

manonfire101
01-16-2020, 12:14 PM
Because without a jump-shot, he can't execute one of the most simple and commonly-ran plays in the NBA - the pick-and-roll. Also because their best player is a center and he gets doubled every time he catches the ball deep because his point guard can't (and won't even attempt) a shot more than 10 feet away from the basket.

If Philly doesn't come out of the East this season, I'd like to see them trade either Joel or Ben. I want to see how Embiid does with a team that can space with and a point guard who can shoot and run pick-and-rolls.

Spencer 555
01-16-2020, 03:50 PM
Yes but the problem isn't shooting 3s, it's not shooting from any distance. No faceup game, no post up game, no midrange game. Too easy to gameplan.

manonfire101
01-17-2020, 04:56 AM
He has a face-up game and a post-up game. His problem (and I think it would be a problem on most teams) is lack of an outside shot on this particular team. When fully healthy this season, Philly's starters have been Embiid, Horford, Harris, Richardson, and Simmons. Besides Richardson, that's two centers and a power forward to go along with a point guard who doesn't shoot. It's a bad fit. On a lot of the Sixers half-court sets, Ben is just standing next to the basket because there isn't anything else for him to do, while Embiid is out near the perimeter because he can't receive the ball deep - because Simmons' defender would be there shadowing Embiid to deny an entry-pass. And even if you did get Embiid the ball he would just get doubled right away. For Simmons on this team, a mid-range shot would be good, a 3-point shot would be better since most pick-and-rolls are ran at or beyond the 3-point line. Not that Embiid is a great roll man (at least not right now anyway) but I think it would work really well with Harris or Horford. If Simmons doesn't start shooting, I think he (or Embiid) needs to be traded. Embiid is the better player right now but he's not as durable and he's older. I think Simmons would fit really well with Towns in Minnesota or with Jokic in Denver.

Hulky
01-26-2020, 03:43 PM
rest in peace Kobe Bryant

manonfire101
01-26-2020, 04:04 PM
I can't believe this is real. Oh my god. RIP Kobe.

Serge
01-26-2020, 05:49 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziUc0OCDmoU&feature=youtu.be

From when he retired.

Edit:

The Rockets and Spurs both ran out the shot clock on their first possesions of the game to honor Kobe and then this happens.

https://streamable.com/uh6m0

Spencer 555
01-26-2020, 06:35 PM
Sad sad day in basketball.

Greendaybum5
02-05-2020, 12:36 PM
Sixers are just fucking brutal. What a let down thus far. Brand/Brown both suck as much as I love Brown it's just time to move on. And I really wish the NBA didn't force Hinkie out. Would've loved to see what his team would've become.

Spencer 555
02-05-2020, 02:25 PM
Ya it's lookin like they'll just accept that 6th seed and try to get into the playoffs healthy.

I think it's an attitude thing. Simmons is a cocky shit head and Embiid is made of glass. I feel really bad for Embiid, I really enjoy his game and his personality, but he gets roasted in the media for problems beyond his control. If he could just stay on the court, he'd be an incredible talent and personality.

Greendaybum5
08-05-2020, 09:06 PM
The bubble has been insane. You're seeing guys like TJ Warren and Michael Porter Jr dominate. Makes you wonder if it's just a quick lucky burst or they're more comfortable without fans there.

|AFO|
08-09-2020, 12:37 PM
Plus there wayyyyy less distraction.

Greendaybum5
08-11-2020, 02:34 PM
Plus there wayyyyy less distraction.

true

side note RIP sixers season. they're gonna be right back in the NBA purgatory they were in pre-"the process" if they don't get a coach who can work with this roster. Everything went downhill when they made Hinkie resign. What a joke. He'd never have traded for Fultz.

Greendaybum5
09-24-2020, 02:27 PM
Gonna be a fun offseason with coaching swaps and what i'm assuming will be a good amount of big names traded.

|AFO|
09-25-2020, 04:48 PM
I’m just happy to see 3/4 teams remaining are built from the ground up for the most part. I’d like to see the Lakers go down but I don’t think it will happen. Lebron and AD are just bad match ups for the teams remaining. I dunno if maybe Bam+Jimmy could slow them down??? Or maybe Murray will go god mode and come back from 1-3 again. Lol

Greendaybum5
10-07-2020, 09:01 PM
Man wish more people in here liked NBA lol

Doc Rivers to Philly - I've got mixed feelings about it. He couldn't win with Kawhi and PG13 tad scary, but we'll see. I was intrigued by D'Antoni but partially because I know someone who may have been an assistant if he was hired lol.

|AFO|
10-10-2020, 11:01 AM
Doc couldn’t have done anything else for the clippers that series. In the 4th quarters he played the right guys, but they just got outplayed.

Jimmy Buckets is the man. Feels good to root against lebron again.

The One
11-10-2020, 07:38 PM
Anyone stoked for the NBA draft and upcoming season? It'll be interesting to see what teams the top players end up on. Go Dubs.

Greendaybum5
11-23-2020, 12:16 PM
Insane offseason so far - been a lot of fun....Lakers got better...Sixers made some good moves....Zion Williamson is now the longest tenured Pelican lol