never change Spencer

you're my favorite Capuchin ever

Spencer 555
05-19-2017, 10:27 PM
Lmfao youre a sick fuck Mav

Spencer 555
05-19-2017, 10:28 PM
Sup Spencer.

Nm man, enjoying watching the Rockies and dbacks this year. Was very very over the giants.

manonfire101
05-19-2017, 10:33 PM
Me too. Way too early to count out SF, though. They've been coming on lately.

Love the lineup, BP is much improved. Senzataela and Freeland look good. Anderson and Chatwood can be better than they have been. Gray should be back soon. Might make a trade for a SP if they keep winning. Dahl and Story will be healthy soon as well. Rockies have a shit load of depth this year.

Veilmenacex
05-19-2017, 10:46 PM

Love the lineup, BP is much improved. Senzataela and Freeland look good. Anderson and Chatwood can be better than they have been. Gray should be back soon. Might make a trade for a SP if they keep winning. Dahl and Story will be healthy soon as well. Rockies have a shit load of depth this year.

Story was a monster beginning of last season man.

Hugh
05-19-2017, 10:58 PM
As usual in this thread, I agree with Sano. If you flip your bat, I'm going to throw one in your ear.

Then you are a bitch.

manonfire101
05-19-2017, 11:01 PM
Sick dude.

Maverik
05-19-2017, 11:02 PM
I wouldn't say so

I think you should flip your bat and then be prepared to get beaned, makes the sport more fun

I think the bench clearing shit is dumb though

Spencer 555
05-19-2017, 11:04 PM

Ya Anderson seems like an adjustment away from being a frontline starter to me and Freeland/Marquez are too early to tell. Chatwood to me has solidified himself as a solid #5 and I think Gray is a future stud if he can stay healthy. Hoffman is on the cusp of the bigs as well and I've followed him closely since he was drafted. Like I said last year, the Rockies are getting really damn close. It'd weird talking about that rotation as a positive lol. It's more a neutral right now realistically but that's a massive improvement over what u guys had the last 10 or so years.

manonfire101
05-19-2017, 11:12 PM
Typically hard-throwing pitchers fare better at Coors Field than pitchers who rely more on secondary pitches, which is why I'm excited about Gray, Senzataela, Marquez. When Jimenez started in the Allstar game (I forget what year) he threw gas.

Spencer 555
05-24-2017, 09:37 AM
Mike Trout is insane. It's crazy to think the angels keep managing to miss the playoffs with this guy.

Serge
05-24-2017, 09:50 AM
Man, sorry about your M's, Hugh. That game was brutal last night. The M's were in such a shitty situation. The game probably should have been delayed because of the rain but even if they had delayed it they would have been in trouble because the bullpen is so overworked.

On Trout, is it just the Pujols contract that has that team so lacking in talent?

Gryph
05-24-2017, 10:59 AM
Man, sorry about your M's, Hugh. That game was brutal last night. The M's were in such a shitty situation. The game probably should have been delayed because of the rain but even if they had delayed it they would have been in trouble because the bullpen is so overworked.

On Trout, is it just the Pujols contract that has that team so lacking in talent?

Not really, they really destroyed their farm system over the years. Couple that with the fact they have huge albatross contracts. I think they are still paying Josh Hamilton, theyhave CJ Wilson there still, Pujols, and if I'm not mistaken they are throwing a fuckton of money at Huston Street as well.

It's scary, if they didn't go that route, at one point their lineup would end up being (if they called everyone up)

Jean Segura, Trout, Trumbo, Grichuk, Cron, Kalhoun, and David Carpenter at RP.

They had a lot of shit down there, and some serious talent, but iirc 2009 they made the playoffs then just started spending like crazy to keep the window open, and ended up losing out on a future.

KBHoleN1
05-24-2017, 11:07 AM
http://www.spotrac.com/mlb/los-angeles-angels-of-anaheim/payroll/

More than $26M this year for Hamilton, that's the most of any player on their payroll. Holy shit, is that right?

Gryph
05-24-2017, 12:01 PM
http://www.spotrac.com/mlb/los-angeles-angels-of-anaheim/payroll/

More than $26M this year for Hamilton, that's the most of any player on their payroll. Holy shit, is that right?

It's right, it's why Texas took him, they wanted him gone because he was always injured and iirc they wanted to call up Calhoun who was more productive off the bench and Pujols needed the DH as opposed to Hamilton because he had the plantar problems and Hamilton, who missed like 130 games that season with broken legs. Rangers took him basically for a bag of baseballs and Angels were on the hook for his entire insurance money / guaranteed.

Spencer 555
05-24-2017, 12:51 PM
It's mainly the Josh Hamilton and pujols contracts but its more then that too lol. So many bad contracts and most likely still the worst farm system in baseball. They keep missing on picks too. I don't even know their #1 prospect atm and I'm a prospect guru lol (I do but hes a 45fv at most imo)

Spencer 555
05-24-2017, 02:48 PM
You paying attention to the legit Justin smoak breakout hugh?? Rofl

Gryph
05-24-2017, 10:41 PM
Here we go guys, Rich Hill's thrown 40 pitches in two innings and 24 have been curveballs.

Incoming DL stint within the week with blister problems again.

Spencer 555
05-25-2017, 07:32 AM
Inevitable.

Spencer 555
05-25-2017, 07:33 AM
I'm working with a guy who was scouted by the braves today so I'll ask him what he thinks.

Spencer 555
05-25-2017, 10:16 AM
So I asked him if he thought rich hill was a bitch.

"Rub some poly sporin on that thing and get back out there" is his direct quote. Then he said, "in all honesty, I understand where he's coming from, but if it's been a whole year he's probably a bit of a bitch"

Sanosuke
05-25-2017, 01:40 PM
oh man you're so right now. i take back everything i said. great validation bro. :thumbsup2:

Spencer 555
05-25-2017, 01:58 PM
Heh, you're big argument against mine was that I couldn't possibly understand because I didn't play at a high enough level. This guy pitched in California and was an all American and he thinks the dudes a bitch :D

I just thought it was cool to get a semi professionals opinion :p

Sanosuke
05-25-2017, 05:06 PM
Heh, you're big argument against mine was that I couldn't possibly understand because I didn't play at a high enough level. This guy pitched in California and was an all American and he thinks the dudes a bitch :D

I just thought it was cool to get a semi professionals opinion :p

dude got scouted and doesn't play for anyone. semi-pro is hardly applicable here. also your*

That also wasn't what I said at all. Maybe you just suck at reading comprehension.

Spencer 555
05-25-2017, 06:02 PM
Your right sano. Me stupid. /end convo

Sanosuke
05-25-2017, 06:52 PM
much better

Hugh
05-29-2017, 03:16 AM
You paying attention to the legit Justin smoak breakout hugh?? Rofl

A little. I'm shocked. I mean he wouldn't be the first guy to finally put it together at 30, but I'm still shocked.

Spencer 555
05-29-2017, 06:07 AM
Ya me too, I really don't understand how you can go from having the longest swing in the mlb to what he's doing this year. He was literally one of my least favourite players of all time because of how many chances he's gotten even though he's sucked. Still don't like him tbh but at least he's playing well for my jays.

Hugh
05-29-2017, 05:27 PM

The Ms are completely fucked. 4 of their 5 starters have been on the DL for a month and that's not including Smyly, who hasn't thrown a pitch all year. The entire rotation is minor leaguers. It's a joke. Oh well. Nats are a sick team. I wasn't expecting to take any of those games with this pitching.

Serge
05-29-2017, 10:57 PM
There has never been a more undeservedly self-absorbed asshat than Hunter Strickland. The two things that speak loudest from the brawl are Posey not stopping Harper from charging and Strickland not letting his teammates take him off the field. He put himself before his team there.

I hope no one on our team retaliates. Really feel like the one almost clean punch Harper got in was payment enough.

Hugh
05-29-2017, 11:59 PM
Posey is a great player but he seems like kind of a wuss. No way he's going to get in Bryce Harper's way.
I LOVE that Harper charged the mound. Love it. That's the kind of shit baseball needs more of, players who will run out and retaliate against these butthurt fuckers who are throwing at guys intentionally.

The One
05-30-2017, 02:54 AM
There's some obvious bad blood between both players. Bryce Harper is an ego-maniac though. That helmet toss was weak.

Spencer 555
05-30-2017, 05:01 AM
Wasn't weak at all, looked like it took a lot in him not to throw the helmet directly at Strickland. He very clearly didn't throw it in anyone's direction, don't know why anyone's questioning that at all.

Bryce deserves a suspension for this, but the media is spinning this like Bryce is the bad guy already, which is fucking stupid.

Absolutely loved that Bryce charged that stupid bitch and actually tried to do something about being thrown at. That was the first and only brawl in baseball I've seen live that wasn't just a bunch of guys standing around.

Serge
05-31-2017, 10:28 PM
Is Rizzo having more votes than Ryan Zimmerman the worst discrepancy in ASG voting history?

Hugh
06-01-2017, 12:32 AM
Maybe. It's up there for sure. Fan voting is a shit show.

Gryph
06-01-2017, 08:58 AM
Probably because that discrepancy is all the butthurt fantasy players who wondered where the fuck he's been for the past 4 years and decided to go with Rizzo instead.

Spencer 555
06-01-2017, 09:26 AM
AL:

C: Brian McCann
1b: Justin Smoak (.....try to debate it......)
2b: Jose Altuve
3b: Miguel Sano
SS: Carlos Correa
OF: Betts - Trout - Judge
DH - Corey Dickerson

NL

C: Buster Posey
1B: Joey Votto
2b: Daniel Murphy
3b: Nolan Arenado
SS: Zack Cozart
OF: Hamilton - Harper - Blackmon

My ballot so far. Toughest votes were arenado over Jake Lamb, Hamilton over Scott Schebler and Correa over Lindor

Spencer 555
06-01-2017, 09:44 AM
Oh just realised I can write in conforto. Done. Over Hamilton.

Hugh
06-01-2017, 11:06 AM
You're right, Spencer. The only person I can even make an argument for AL 1b against Smoak is Logan Morrison.
I actually can't believe I just typed that sentence...
I'll be back tomorrow. It's going to take me all day to process this.

Spencer 555
06-01-2017, 11:10 AM
Right!?!? I'm floored.

Greendaybum5
06-01-2017, 12:23 PM
Oh just realised I can write in conforto. Done. Over Hamilton.

Hamilton has had an amazing start to the season though

Spencer 555
06-01-2017, 03:28 PM
Ya Hamilton's been awesome. If I was starting a team, he might be in my top 10 position players. There's still some upside in his bat imo.

The One
06-02-2017, 08:01 PM
Aaron Judge is a god damn fucking beast. Dude might just hit 45+ homers this season.

Spencer 555
06-02-2017, 08:46 PM
I'm guessing 37

Spencer 555
06-02-2017, 08:49 PM
Pineda looks injured atm

Hulky
06-03-2017, 12:51 AM
The Giants rookie Blanch (sp?) just had a complete game shut out which is pretty cool

Spencer 555
06-03-2017, 01:42 AM
Alright im bored. Just wanted to post some of my perhaps controversial opinions about some things in the game today.

1. Bunting

More or less a dead art. In the age of big data, people started realising that the bunting strategy was being massively overused by dumbass managers (like Tony la russa). Over the years we have seen players bunt less and less because it is a situational strategy that usually ends in a net negative outcome. I told veil if I ever coached a team of little leaguers, I would tell them that bunting is horse shit and they should learn how to hit doubles and homers if they wanna make it to the big leagues and he told me that I was stupid because I'd need to teach them baseball fundamentals. Baseball fundamentals = do not bunt... In my books :).

2. Shifting

Much like bunting, shifting has become a situational strategy in baseball. Unlike bunting, we are seeing more and more defensive shifts because it tends to end in a net positive outcome. Analytics and statistical scouting reports have lead big league pitchers and defenders to study and develop a general gameplan for each individual player and shifting has become popularized because it works. Beating a shift is not as simple as simply hitting the ball the other way as much as some traditionalist will have you believe.

3. Managers

My opinion about baseball managers is that they are more or less useless and the best mlb managers are more hands off then others. Guys like Tony la Russa and old school managers like that who are all heralded for their chess like baseball strategies are most likely overrated, paranoid and delusional (I hate them). In game managing is a very basic art that anyone could do well. In game coaching (pitching coach walking out to the mound is to stall for the bullpen) is not a real thing. Motivational coach speeches aren't a real thing.

4. Saves

The save stat should be removed from the game of baseball. It's almost as bad an indicator of pitcher talent as wins and quality starts. The best relief pitchers in the game do not necessarily have a lot of saves and it would be irresponsible to judge a "closer" on how many saves he has and how few blown saves he has. Fernando Rodney is absolute trash and shouldn't be in the mlb.

Please feel free to laugh at my stupidity guys, or if you feel I might be right about some of these things let me know.

Veilmenacex
06-03-2017, 10:03 AM
Dude I never said shifting was useless I just said the time it takes for a position player to move from that location
To field the ball or to the bag it's too much. Can cause errors or let a ball go into play which can be fieled. Every ms counts when the ball is in play.

Give them that exact scenario you typed out on facebook about a specific with quality start and his stats.

Inning by inning.

Managers like Bruce Bochy aren't gonna sit on the bench and watch that happen.

That's not why they get paid to do.

They get paid to throw signs to first base coach etc. For guys on first to take a lead to ensure the 1b stays near the bag for man a first 0 out. Sometimes a pretty big one if they can slide back to bag good during an attempt pick off. And 2nd batter to hit accordingly given different counts like sometimes they take a ball or a strike for the steal of the lead off from first to second. Some times they can bunt for a ball in play. Have you not seen some guys in majors they can lay down a perfect in play bunt. 3rd hitter are paid to hit and a good one can adjust they don't have to pull necessary to give in to the shift but like a slap away. To get a sure single instead of swinging for fences with man on 1st and 3rd 0 out man on corners.

Spencer 555
06-03-2017, 11:15 AM
Naw they get paid to put together a lineup card and make the in game decisions in regards to player substitutions. As stated in my paragraph, in game managing such as throwing a signal to first base to steal or throw down a bunt or take a bigger lead off is pretty much obsolete in the mlb today and for good reason.

Mlb players don't need some nitpicky disrupting manager with a superiority complex who manages based on hunches, they need pre game preparation from coaches, scouting reports and gameplans based on specific player matchups and they need to execute those gameplans.

Hugh
06-03-2017, 11:42 AM
I agree with all of that, Spencer, especially what you wrote about managers. You nailed it.

Gryph
06-04-2017, 10:26 PM
4. Saves

The save stat should be removed from the game of baseball. It's almost as bad an indicator of pitcher talent as wins and quality starts. The best relief pitchers in the game do not necessarily have a lot of saves and it would be irresponsible to judge a "closer" on how many saves he has and how few blown saves he has. Fernando Rodney is absolute trash and shouldn't be in the mlb.

Please feel free to laugh at my stupidity guys, or if you feel I might be right about some of these things let me know.

That's why I'm a big fan of the "egg" relief system. Goose Egg, Cracked Egg, Broken Egg stats that indicate who the most effective out of the bullpen is.

Not only that, but it'll also stop GMs from fucking players out of arbitration money by keeping lights out relieves in long relief and 7th inning roles when they should be high leverage / closers.

Betances lost out on about 4 million this year in arbitration because of that. iirc to, Archie Bradley's arbitration comes up this year. How many saves you think he gets this year? (Hint, probably under 5 for the rest of the year) and if Rodney goes down, 10$ a veteran closer who no longer can do it, will be signed for league minimum. Saving them a net of about 2 million.

KBHoleN1
06-04-2017, 10:31 PM
Can you elaborate on the egg system? Is it really just did you give up no runs, a few runs, or lots of runs?

Spencer 555
06-04-2017, 11:05 PM
Ya never heard of the egg system and I'm not really picking up what ur putting down gryph lol. About the eggs that is.

Gryph
06-04-2017, 11:37 PM
Can you elaborate on the egg system? Is it really just did you give up no runs, a few runs, or lots of runs?

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/goose-egg-new-save-stat-relief-pitchers/

Spencer 555
06-05-2017, 06:32 AM
Lol that's awesome. Instinctively was thinking you were making a goose gossage reference that I didn't understand too. Love that guy... sometimes hahahah

Hulky
06-07-2017, 12:20 PM
http://www.espn.com/blog/sweetspot/post/_/id/80215/real-or-not-did-scooter-gennett-have-the-best-offensive-performance-ever

Scooter Gennett hit a grand slam followed by 3 more HR in the game yesterday

Sanosuke
06-07-2017, 12:47 PM
If you think being a manager is easy then you're retarded. Everything else I can get behind.

Spencer 555
06-07-2017, 05:22 PM
What's hard about it? If you watch baseball religiously it's easy.

Sanosuke
06-07-2017, 05:25 PM
my bad. forgot i was talking to do the dude that had a minor league tryout friend and knows everything.

Spencer 555
06-07-2017, 05:44 PM
I'm just asking how sano. You don't have to insult me at every step because you disagree with me.

Sanosuke
06-07-2017, 05:48 PM
The only thing you should consider is why would MLB teams waste their money on hiring managers if they never made an impact.

Spencer 555
06-07-2017, 06:08 PM
I wonder that all the time lol

Hulky
06-07-2017, 06:15 PM
Kinda interesting but you can buy stock in the Atlanta Braves, I came across it a couple days ago. The ticker symbol is BATRA and they are worth like 1.2b. Only other team I've randomly come across is soccer with Manchester United (MANU).

Sanosuke
06-07-2017, 06:15 PM
There's obviously merit to hiring managers and having them on the team. If Epstein is so smart and is one of the greatest GMs who is pretty forward thinking cares enough to hire whomever as a manager, you'd have to be silly to think he didn't do it with the idea of improving the team. It just logically doesn't make sense, particularly with how stingy most owners/GMs can be.

Sanosuke
06-07-2017, 06:17 PM
Kinda interesting but you can buy stock in the Atlanta Braves, I came across it a couple days ago. The ticker symbol is BATRA and they are worth like 1.2b. Only other team I've randomly come across is soccer with Manchester United (MANU).

Prolly gonna buy some now.

Spencer 555
06-07-2017, 06:44 PM
There's obviously merit to hiring managers and having them on the team. If Epstein is so smart and is one of the greatest GMs who is pretty forward thinking cares enough to hire whomever as a manager, you'd have to be silly to think he didn't do it with the idea of improving the team. It just logically doesn't make sense, particularly with how stingy most owners/GMs can be.

That's fair, theo is a God. But Honestly, I don't think Maddon does anything special behind the scenes that we don't understand. He's just well respected in the baseball community and knows how to keep things fresh in the clubhouse. If anything, a good manager (to me) is just a fatherly figure for these young easily influenced people. A manager of personalities if you will. The reason you see so many former big leaguers as managers imo is because they command the respect of the players. What separates the best managers from the worst ones imo is simply their ability to keep the clubhouse under control and keep players engaged and focused.

All the in game managing is pretty much basic baseball strategy and hunches. For my money, id try to limit my hunches and stick to the analytics (Not the shallow ones, I mean the ones on the ipads in the clubhouse provided by the scouting department lol #royals)

What separates an mlb manager from a manager sitting on the couch is that they have some level of authority or respect within the game of baseball. If I was sitting on the bench out there telling players they need to do homework and look up tape, they'd probably say things similar to you about my social circles and how I know nothing about baseball.

Spencer 555
06-07-2017, 06:46 PM

Interesting.. I'd buy too. Braves stock has to be pretty low compared to what it would be in a good season.

Sanosuke
06-08-2017, 11:32 AM
You're basically Kash if he was interested in sports with a "how hard could it be?" mentality with no experience other than second hand stuff.

I wouldnt underestimate playing through any injuries or managerial positions or literally anything outside of player performance because there's all kinds of data to support criticism against/for players. But, I encourage you to go out and apply for the next Jay's or Braves opening.

Spencer 555
06-08-2017, 02:26 PM
Oh fuck off man lol I am NOT that bad. I don't think I could ever be a manager. I just think I'd be a good one if it were possible lol

Gryph
06-08-2017, 02:39 PM
I'd be a fucking dope manager. Idk what timid shit you're smokin son. And Sano can argue all he wants with me on this, i'll bench his ass and call up a AAA guy ready to play just to send the message to the rest of the team to knock it the fuck off with that lip.

:<

#Gryph4YankeesManager2019
#Chasefor28
#ButNotThatChase
#HesAss
#PlzBench4Gud

Spencer 555
06-08-2017, 07:38 PM
Id 100% get a gryph jersey

manonfire101
06-08-2017, 11:13 PM

Spencer 555
06-09-2017, 05:08 PM
It's gonna be a fun home game in Seattle for the blue jays tn.

Hugh
06-09-2017, 06:51 PM
I'm excited about it. Ms are playing good right now.

Edit- Ok. I see what you did there.

Spencer 555
06-09-2017, 08:07 PM
Hahaha that's gold. You just made me and my gf's night. Going to catch the game now at a bar, gl hugh.

Hugh
06-09-2017, 08:57 PM
GL, Spencer. I hope Justin Smoak gets the golden sombrero.:)

Spencer 555
06-09-2017, 11:38 PM
Me too buddy. Fucking hate him forever.

Spencer 555
06-11-2017, 09:55 AM
Wish I could go to the game today. Paxton might be the best Canadian pitcher of all time lol

manonfire101
06-11-2017, 10:49 AM
It would be nice to not be playing in the fucking NL West this season.

Gryph
06-11-2017, 03:47 PM
Judge just cleared the bleachers in Yankee stadium.

498 feet.

Jesus christ this dude is a demi-god of strength

Hulky
06-11-2017, 04:08 PM
Gary Sanchez has been on fire this month too.

Spencer 555
06-11-2017, 04:10 PM
Nl West and al East.

Spencer 555
06-11-2017, 04:13 PM
The Yankees are straight up messing people up this year. It's crazy. Who woulda guessed judge would figure it all out so quickly.

Gryph
06-11-2017, 04:25 PM
The Yankees are straight up messing people up this year. It's crazy. Who woulda guessed judge would figure it all out so quickly.

Dream scenario dude. Nobody assumed Holliday was gonna become All-Star caliber again, Hicks has finally become what I thought he was when we got him, Sevy and Pineda are actually throwing changeups now, CC is pitching like 34 Year old Pettitte. If Tanaka can figure out his splitter and stop throwing fastballs, man this team might actually make a deep run. I still think they are a frontline starter and a 3B away from being a serious threat. But, at the same time, even if they don't get something this trade deadline, they have so much down in that farm system now that they can fix problems in house. Hopefully they give Chance Adams a ... chance soon. Dude is a fucking monster down in AAA right now. 8-2 with a sub 1.5 ERA if I'm not mistaken.

Hugh
06-11-2017, 04:32 PM
Judge is the MVP right now.

Gryph
06-11-2017, 04:34 PM
Judge is the MVP right now.

Could join Ichiro and Fred Lynn to be the only MVP and Rookie of the year in the same season if he keeps it up. Unless Trout comes back at the Allstar and initiates God Mode.

Spencer 555
06-11-2017, 04:44 PM
Dream scenario dude. Nobody assumed Holliday was gonna become All-Star caliber again, Hicks has finally become what I thought he was when we got him, Sevy and Pineda are actually throwing changeups now, CC is pitching like 34 Year old Pettitte. If Tanaka can figure out his splitter and stop throwing fastballs, man this team might actually make a deep run. I still think they are a frontline starter and a 3B away from being a serious threat. But, at the same time, even if they don't get something this trade deadline, they have so much down in that farm system now that they can fix problems in house. Hopefully they give Chance Adams a ... chance soon. Dude is a fucking monster down in AAA right now. 8-2 with a sub 1.5 ERA if I'm not mistaken.

Ya I really like hicks too. The 2 Aaron breakouts are awesome. Holliday I think was pretty easy to predict, just a matter of health. He's always gonna be a great hitter and the short porch helps. The pitching depth the Yankees have in the minors is pretty insane. You've got like 50 Jordan Montgomery's down there lol.

Spencer 555
06-11-2017, 04:47 PM
I think the Yankees are contenders as is honestly, just hard to be confident in a title run with that staff. Severino and Pineda are clearly 1 and 2 but I don't have too much confidence in either. Tanaka really has to be the guy or they should go get someone else imo. Headley will be fine at 3b till Machado comes next year rofl.

Hugh
06-11-2017, 04:58 PM
Could join Ichiro and Fred Lynn to be the only MVP and Rookie of the year in the same season if he keeps it up. Unless Trout comes back at the Allstar and initiates God Mode.

Trout is always in God Mode. He might be the best player ever really. I still say Judge is the clear MVP if the season ended today.

Spencer 555
06-11-2017, 06:00 PM
I would too. Fml. Lol

Sanosuke
06-12-2017, 08:08 AM
It would be nice to not be playing in the fucking NL West this season.

It'd be nice to be .500

Spencer 555
06-12-2017, 11:39 AM
Braves have 2 of the top 5 pitching prospects in the minors atm imo.

Sanosuke
06-12-2017, 03:03 PM
Yeah I know. But if prospects where guaranteed then they wouldn't be prospects.

Veilmenacex
06-12-2017, 03:33 PM
Blue Jays need better 2nd baseman and outfielders and improve starting pitching and bullpen

Spencer 555
06-12-2017, 05:54 PM
Yeah I know. But if prospects where guaranteed then they wouldn't be prospects.

I like their chances man. Not many guys get to AA before 20 and perform well.

Spencer 555
06-12-2017, 05:55 PM
Anyone else gonna watch the mlb draft?

Gryph
06-12-2017, 05:57 PM
Anyone else gonna watch the mlb draft?

I'll prolly be swappin back and forth, Yankees game starts right around the same time.

Veilmenacex
06-12-2017, 05:59 PM
tell me who blue jays took spencer

The One
06-13-2017, 02:46 AM
Judgement day this season, mother of God.

Veilmenacex
06-13-2017, 08:51 AM
Blexican put my favorite team as blue jays

Hugh
06-20-2017, 04:24 PM
Mike Zunino is hitting .385 with a 1.316 OPS, 8 HRs and 26 RBI IN THE MONTH OF JUNE!
There are 10 days left.
I've never seen anything like it. I've never seen a player who was that bad for that long get this hot. Never.
This is a guy with 1200 at bats and a career batting average of .190. He was sent down to the minors last month for probavly the 4th time. I honestly thought we'd never see him again.
He might be mainlining roids or maybe he sold his soul. Whatever it is, it's working.

Spencer 555
06-20-2017, 06:55 PM
Babip luck. He's always had the power, he's just running into a lot of balls. Hopefully this makes him more confident in the bigs and he can become a real starter, his minor league numbers have always been pretty decent.

Hulky
06-21-2017, 12:05 AM
Corey Seager is having on hell of a fucking game against the Mets

Hugh
06-21-2017, 12:16 AM
Wow. He sure is. 3 HRs and a double and they've only played 6 innings.

KBHoleN1
06-22-2017, 09:21 AM
I’ve always said, some guys just have magic sticks.”

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/mlb/kansas-city-royals/article157449839.html

Sanosuke
07-04-2017, 12:18 PM
Took my wife to see two Nashville Sounds games. They're the AAA affiliate of the Oakland A's. Went to see them play against the Round Rock Express and the OKC Dodgers. We had excellent seats in both games and both very affordable. Post pictures later but we're planning on getting season tickets for the Sounds next year!

Hugh
07-04-2017, 12:34 PM
That's cool. I used to live 2 blocks from where the Mariners A team played and I'd walk down to watch the games all the time. It was always a great time.

Spencer 555
07-04-2017, 12:39 PM
That's awesome. I wish I lived closer to an affiliate team. I've seen a couple buffalo bisons (jays aaa) games since they moved from Nevada but it's still a couple hour drive and they're the closest by far.

KBHoleN1
07-05-2017, 09:34 AM
Went to the Durham Bulls game last night. They beat Charlotte 1-0 on the strength of a solo homer. Game ended on a fantastic 5-4-3 double play. And then there were fireworks. Nothing like baseball to celebrate the 4th.

Gryph
07-05-2017, 04:43 PM
Gary Sanchez is honestly pissing me off as is Betances, send em both down to reality check these divas

Hugh
07-06-2017, 12:49 AM
Yeah, send Sanchez down with a .900 OPS. That makes sense.

Spencer 555
07-06-2017, 07:51 AM
Lol I love it gryph.

Gryph
07-06-2017, 10:43 AM
Yeah, send Sanchez down with a .900 OPS. That makes sense.

Has nothing to do with offensive stats, it's his shitty attitude towards all the pitchers. When he first came up, he was 5th in MLB in framing pitches, this offseason, I don't know what he worked on, but he's now bottom 3, he's also letting balls get passed him at an abnormal rate, and it's not dirt diggers either, I'm talking Pineda and Chapman fastballs he legit just won't catch or make an effort to.

Then there's the whole Tanaka and Pineda shit where he goes out to talk to them, and instead of looking at them from the front, he makes a conscious effort to walk past them and stand on the top of the pitching mound, he did that to both of them and they gave him this "Who the fuck do you think you are? Call the god damn game" look. He has a gifted arm, and is awesome offensively, but whatever he did this offseason, his defense has all but fallen completely off, and his ability to call games (Evident by now Romine catching both Tanaka and Pineda exclusively now it seems over the last 2 times through the order) has fallen off drastically. Tanaka isn't gonna shake him off, but homeboy throws 92mph FBs, and his FB usage is in the upper 50% when Sanchez is there, and it's low 30's when Romine is back there. Same with Pineda, FB/Slider with Gary, FB/Slider/Change with Romine. Then there's his rising strikeout rate cause he's trying to pull everything down the RF line.

In all honesty, I wouldn't be surprised if Gary starts at 1B more and Romine is back behind the dish. He doesn't "own" the team, but he's sure as fuck acting like it, and you could see the player interactions with him are all in a "I'm just gonna listen and dismiss" kinda way towards him.

And as for Betances, who...for some odd reason has zero intent to listen to Larry, has been a mechanical mess the past 3 weeks and has been one of the main culprits of this 6-21 stretch they've been on. Has the gaul to go and tell German and Shreve to and I quote "Just focus on getting your arm loose and don't worry about throwing strikes, it's what I do." Maybe, y'know since your a bullpen pitcher, yor job is to get outs and throw strikes, maybe that's why you've walked 15 batters over your last 5 games and were the sole reason we lost yesterday and the last 4 games because you can't find the fucking strike zone. Not only that, but every Yankee game they broadcast and the bullpen starts getting up, look where Betances is sitting, next to Chapman, and every other pitcher is sitting on the opposite side of the bench from him.

Send em down, reality check the diva attitude and bring em back up. They are literally being 2 baby back bitches and costing us games, check the ego at the door and play baseball.

Spencer 555
07-06-2017, 11:24 AM
I'll take em

Hugh
07-06-2017, 10:01 PM
I'll take em

Lol. Right? Me too!
Can you even imagine if Girardi sent Gary Sanchez down because of his attitude? This is the fucking majors and the Yankees are trying to keep pace with Boston and Sanchez can rake. Nothing else means jack shit.

Spencer 555
07-06-2017, 10:50 PM
It's a different beast in Yankee land. Reminds me of leaf fans. I love it tho gryph. Js

Gryph
07-07-2017, 12:22 PM
Lol. Right? Me too!
Can you even imagine if Girardi sent Gary Sanchez down because of his attitude? This is the fucking majors and the Yankees are trying to keep pace with Boston and Sanchez can rake. Nothing else means jack shit.

I'm not saying run him out of NY, I'm saying ego check both their asses. There is a difference.

There's been plenty of shitty attitudes that have ruined not only careers (Early BJ Upton, Nyjer Morgon, Milton Bradley, I can go on) but also players whose shitty attitude and divas ended up becoming a cancer in the clubhouse and ruining not only team chemistry but distracting them as well (Grienke vs Yasiel Puig fistfight on the bus causing Grienke to want out of LA and turn down Dodgers contract and sign with DBacks, Papelbon fight with Harper, Most recently Montero and Arrietta, The old Adrian Beltre with the Red Sox, the laziness of Alfonso Soriano early career, I can go on)

Point being, nip it in the bud now, before it spills over into the media.

Literally the best example is early 90's Yankees, where 3 players were making fun of Bernie Williams' glasses. (This is a true story) guess what? 2 got sent down, one got traded for Paul o'Neill. Bernie now starts in CF, and becomes one of the most beloved Yankees of all time. Fix it now, before it becomes a problem come August

Spencer 555
07-07-2017, 01:37 PM
Sending those two players down right now would definitely go to the media lol. I think if girrardi has a problem with either player he will try to figure it out at the big league level before resorting to that kind of petty drama.

Gryph
07-07-2017, 02:20 PM
Sending those two players down right now would definitely go to the media lol. I think if girrardi has a problem with either player he will try to figure it out at the big league level before resorting to that kind of petty drama.

Girardi won't do anything, like, I like the guy, but he babies too many players and doesn't get on their asses about dumb shit they do 90% of the time. It's why I always like the Showalter type managers, that don't put up with that crap.

Spencer 555
07-07-2017, 02:30 PM
Gross man :p. I hate those types. Girardi might be the most bland manager in baseball though so ill give you that lol. That being said, i think the romine move is case and point. Thats obviously the manager trying to send a message to sanchez. Might not be the message youre looking for, but its definitely a bit of a wake up call if sanchez wants to be more then a DH. As for the betances situation, i think that ship has sailed, you lost him when you signed Chapman this off-season, betances is gonna do whatever he wants until he gets paid.

Hugh
07-07-2017, 10:06 PM
Showalter is a dinosaur. That shit doesn't work anymore. It's not about the managers in baseball. Maybe once upon a time, but not now. I'm not saying let the inmates run the asylum but that hard line, my way or the highway bullshit is tired and there's a reason you're seeing it less and less.

Hugh
07-07-2017, 10:16 PM
Congrats to Aaron Judge. Most HRs ever by a Yankee rookie...and we aren't at the All-Star break yet. What a monsterz

Spencer 555
07-08-2017, 07:56 AM
Is he gonna hit 50???

Veilmenacex
07-08-2017, 09:30 AM
Think more 60 to 70

Maverik
07-08-2017, 10:41 AM
at least 100

Veilmenacex
07-08-2017, 10:55 AM
Judge is gonna beat Mark McGuire and Sammy Sosa single season home run record.

Sanosuke
07-08-2017, 12:03 PM
He could.

Serge
07-08-2017, 12:08 PM
Maybe at some point in his career but not this year. He'll regress to the mean in the second half of the year.

Hugh
07-08-2017, 01:35 PM
Is he gonna hit 50???

It sure looks like it. Right?

Maverik
07-08-2017, 03:27 PM
I'm not an avid baseball follower anymore, but Judge intrigues me.

why don't they just pitch around him like they used to do to Bonds/McGwire/etc?

is it just because he's a rookie?

is the rest of the Yankee line-up that stacked?

Spencer 555
07-08-2017, 04:06 PM
They do pitch around him. He walks as much as those guys did back in the day. He hits the mistakes hard. Very very fucking hard lol.

Spencer 555
07-08-2017, 04:08 PM
Maybe at some point in his career but not this year. He'll regress to the mean in the second half of the year.

I'm pretty sure the batting average is coming down below .300, but he could still hit another 20 bombs in the second half. It's gonna be fun to watch how pitchers adjust.

Gryph
07-08-2017, 05:31 PM
I'm not an avid baseball follower anymore, but Judge intrigues me.

why don't they just pitch around him like they used to do to Bonds/McGwire/etc?

is it just because he's a rookie?

is the rest of the Yankee line-up that stacked?

He's been on base every single game of June with either a hit or a walk. It's pretty impressive honestly. lol

Veilmenacex
07-08-2017, 08:01 PM
man Gryph you must be happy because although I don't live in New Jersey or New York I am a huge Judge fan.

Gryph
07-08-2017, 08:33 PM
man Gryph you must be happy because although I don't live in New Jersey or New York I am a huge Judge fan.

I'm happy that Judge has the right attitude that we New Yorkers have been missing with this team since the 90's. "If we're not winning, nothing matters." Judge keeps saying he doesn't give a shit if he hits home runs in games so long as we win. I'm perfectly fine with electing him the next leader of the Evil Empire if he whips the lax attitude thats been in this clubhouse since the big guns left. Judge and Didi are pretty much the only two of that group that can actually be a focal point of those dynasty teams.

No one is gonna talk shit back to a 6'8'' 260+Lb mammoth of a human being, so it's not like he'll have a challenge in there lol

Spencer 555
07-08-2017, 10:31 PM
Isnt Sanchez his butt buddy? Im pretty sure I read somewhere Judge wasn't going to participate in the HR derby unless Sanchez was in it too which eliminated LoMo.

Gryph
07-09-2017, 12:10 AM
From what I understand from clubhouse reports and such is that Judge and Holliday are attached at the hip basically.

Sanosuke
07-09-2017, 06:07 PM
Braves beating the Nats in the series 3-1 is very surprising. If only our pitching could back our offense.

KBHoleN1
07-10-2017, 12:04 AM
Nats won games 2 and 4 ...

Sanosuke
07-10-2017, 12:11 AM
Nats won games 2 and 4 ...

must've read the score wrong on game 2. Still, splitting a series with the Nats, who are a more complete team is still surprising.

edit: ya my bad, that was a couple days ago and i thought we won 5-4 instead of losing 5-4

add more ...'s next time

Maverik
07-10-2017, 12:24 AM
I think having multiple ellipses would be overkill

unless you were talking about adding more dots, which would just be silly!

KBHoleN1
07-10-2017, 12:24 AM
Maybe I will ...........

Serge
07-10-2017, 10:19 AM
Braves played us tough. I don't know that we've ever had a good series against Freeman.

Sanosuke
07-10-2017, 04:07 PM
Braves played us tough. I don't know that we've ever had a good series against Freeman.

Freeman is really hitting his stride and prime. It's always fun watching Freeman and Harper battle as two of the best pure hitters in baseball

Hugh
07-11-2017, 08:17 AM
Judge launching 500+ ft HRs all over the stadium. That was incredible.

Hugh
07-11-2017, 08:33 AM
Altuve, Correa and Springer are all legit MVP candidates right now. They all have the numbers. I couldn't choose one if I had to.

Sanosuke
07-11-2017, 11:01 AM
Altuve, Correa and Springer are all legit MVP candidates right now. They all have the numbers. I couldn't choose one if I had to.

Will be hard to not put Judge in the conversation if he keeps mashing.

Hugh
07-11-2017, 11:35 AM
I think Judge is the clear MVP right now. The fact that it's so hard to single out one player from the Astros helps Judge's case.

Sanosuke
07-11-2017, 01:12 PM
If judge doesn't win MVP it's purely because he's a rookie and literally no other reason because Baseball writers of America is full of retards

Spencer 555
07-11-2017, 02:38 PM
He's the clear cut mvp so far, no question.

Hulky
07-14-2017, 10:39 PM
fucking Chapman is messing up my chances to beat Veil in the fantasy league.

Hugh
07-18-2017, 03:55 PM
Bartolo Colon is 2-8 with an 8.14 ERA this season. He's 44 years old and weighs at least 300 lbs. He's pitching again tonight.
Why do the Mets still have him in their rotation? Serious question. What's the point?

Hulky
07-18-2017, 04:28 PM
Bartolo Colon is 2-8 with an 8.14 ERA this season. He's 44 years old and weighs at least 300 lbs. He's pitching again tonight.
Why do the Mets still have him in their rotation? Serious question. What's the point?

He was with the Braves this year.

KBHoleN1
07-18-2017, 04:31 PM
And he's starting tonight for the Twins. Hugh is getting senile.

Hugh
07-18-2017, 04:43 PM
Sorry, the Twins. That makes even less sense.

Spencer 555
07-18-2017, 04:47 PM
Because he doesn't have vagina hands.

KBHoleN1
07-18-2017, 04:51 PM
What really didn't make sense was the Braves signing him to a $12.5M contract for this season. In exchange for that generous sum of money, he produced more than 2 wins below replacement level in 13 games.

Gryph
07-18-2017, 05:17 PM
What really didn't make sense was the Braves signing him to a $12.5M contract for this season. In exchange for that generous sum of money, he produced more than 2 wins below replacement level in 13 games.

He's good against teams that don't have a lot of power. Throwing 95% FB/2S is a recipe for disaster against good teams.

Sanosuke
07-18-2017, 07:41 PM

They figured they could squeeze out one more good year. Was good to see them cut their losses because the Braves(Frank Wren) has had a horrible time with letting go of players and accepting a failed acquisition.

Spencer 555
07-18-2017, 10:28 PM
They figured they could squeeze out one more good year. Was good to see them cut their losses because the Braves(Frank Wren) has had a horrible time with letting go of players and accepting a failed acquisition.

Agreed with this assessment. It was essentially a 0 risk signing for a team looking to bridge the gap between the present and future.

Hulky
07-18-2017, 10:34 PM
Where does Todd Frazier play for the Yankees? 3rd or 1st?

Sanosuke
07-18-2017, 11:18 PM
shoutouts to Wacha for his CG SO.

Also, todd frazier plays for the White Sox, unless you're talking about a trade, and then if he does go to the yankees he should promptly go to AAA because he's been trash the past 2 years outside of his bombs

Hulky
07-19-2017, 12:16 AM
The Yankees traded for him, David Robertson and Tommy Kahnle for the Yankees prospect Blake Rutherford.

Spencer 555
07-19-2017, 07:17 AM
He'll play both, but primarily 1st. Great trade for the Yankees. Makes no sense to me how every year the Yankees manage to pull off such a market defining trade at the deadline. Last year they traded only Chapman for more then what the whitesox just got.

Gryph
07-19-2017, 04:56 PM
He'll play both, but primarily 1st. Great trade for the Yankees. Makes no sense to me how every year the Yankees manage to pull off such a market defining trade at the deadline. Last year they traded only Chapman for more then what the whitesox just got.

According to reports, Headley will be manning 1st. I love the trade honestly, Rutherford is in A ball, he's a long ways away, and Todd was playing injured for most of the beginning of the year, and we keep the Red Sox from getting a 3B unless they wanna gut their farm system and go for Moose. Works for the Yanks, they get a short term rental, a power bat, and a revamped bullpen filled with power arms. Then next year, you open up the checkbook and go get Darvish, Shohei Otani, and Moose, and bam. Problems solved. Then the following year, you pony up for Harper is the Nats don't get an extension in place by then and hello dynasty.

Hugh
07-19-2017, 05:21 PM
You don't think the Nats will be able to resign Harper?

Gryph
07-19-2017, 05:33 PM
You don't think the Nats will be able to resign Harper?

Not for 400+ million, which is probably what he'll get, and Trout would most likely be 450-500million. Nats would have the shed a metric fuckton of money, then there's Strasburg, Rendon, Turner in a few years, they started Michael Taylor's clock already, Scherzer's money. They are either going to have to gut a lot of people or just Miami it and firesale, cause that window is closing fast. If they realistically give it to Harper, their luxury tax would be more than the Yankees paid in half a decade.

And if they do shed salary to do it, you're probably losing on future Stras, David Murphy, Anthony Rendon, Gio, Doolittle and Madsen now. That's a lot to lose just by waiting on an extension, -however- you don't win this year, you fire sale some assets to restock as much of the farm, extend Harper, and pray to god the prospects you get stick with The Show. And hope to strike gold on some lower tier players either to rebound or benefit from a potent lineup

Gryph
07-19-2017, 05:45 PM
Double post according to Spotrac :
Name - Base Salary - % of Payroll
Scherzer - 15 million - 12.18
Strasburg - 15 million - 10.09
Ryan Zimmermann - 14 Million - 7.70
Harper - 13.625 (Arb 3, he'll be eligible for Arb 4 next year) - 7.50
Gio - 12 Million - 6.60
Murphy - 12 Million - 6.60
Wieters - 10.5 Million - 5.78
Rendon - 5.8 Million (Arb 3 in Career Year is next year)

Then there's Disabled list money for Adam Eaton, who is also Arb eligible, and they are paying Papelbon 3 million for the next 2 years.

Loooooooottttaaaa money you're gonna have to gut if you wanna bump Harper's payroll % to almost 33%

Spencer 555
07-19-2017, 05:53 PM
I disagree honestly, I think the Yankees are gonna go all in on next year's free agency and not have the money to get in on Harper. It's still a damn good team regardless. I can see the cubs going in on harper. Regardless, id also be surprised if Harper resigns with the nats.

Spencer 555
07-19-2017, 05:57 PM
That or they wait a year to go in on Machado or Donaldson.

Gryph
07-19-2017, 05:57 PM
I disagree honestly, I think the Yankees are gonna go all in on next year's free agency and not have the money to get in on Harper. It's still a damn good team regardless. I can see the cubs going in on harper. Regardless, id also be surprised if Harper resigns with the nats.

You mean this year FA (Darvish class)? or 2018? Cause 2018 is a super class with Machado and that whole crew.

Hulky
07-19-2017, 06:16 PM
How much less does Manchado get now he has had a pretty meh year? I remember he was going to be basically Harper's contract minus a little, but still retarded high. Is that off the table now, or does baseball not give a fuck about down years?

Gryph
07-19-2017, 06:26 PM
How much less does Manchado get now he has had a pretty meh year? I remember he was going to be basically Harper's contract minus a little, but still retarded high. Is that off the table now, or does baseball not give a fuck about down years?

one down year isn't gonna take away from a sub 27, gold glove allstar / mvp caliber 3B. Much less a high touted prospect with post season experience. He'll probably be 250-350 depending on length of contract.

Spencer 555
07-19-2017, 06:42 PM
I think Machado will get 300 at least pending another down season. And I'm talking this next free agent class gryph. They're gonna jump the gun in Yankee fashion and sign everyone available lol

Gryph
07-19-2017, 07:51 PM
I think Machado will get 300 at least pending another down season. And I'm talking this next free agent class gryph. They're gonna jump the gun in Yankee fashion and sign everyone available lol

CC is off the books, ad Pineda is dealing with TJ. We really only have 3 starters, So if they ca't get a cost cotrol pitcher with years attached, I'd say Darvish and Otani

Hugh
07-19-2017, 08:00 PM
I still can't believe the Rockies are finally good. They finally have an average pitching staff, as opposed to the absolute worst in baseball, and that's all they've ever needed.

Sanosuke
07-19-2017, 08:03 PM
They just need to replace CarGo

Hugh
07-19-2017, 08:34 PM
Which is weird since he's only 31.
He was really good last year. Hit .300 with 100 RBI. No injuries. All-star. Is he really done?

Spencer 555
07-19-2017, 11:37 PM
He's been on the downswing the last couple years. Its been kinda sad to watch. But they have like 500 outfielders that need playing time including a few guys in the minors. I would move on asap from cargo.

Spencer 555
07-19-2017, 11:39 PM
CC is off the books, ad Pineda is dealing with TJ. We really only have 3 starters, So if they ca't get a cost cotrol pitcher with years attached, I'd say Darvish and Otani

Ya almost every bad contract will be off the books soon, I wouldn't blow it on next year's free agency though. Let the young yanks have a development year next year, you have like 80 arms in the minors who have a 2018 eta. If otani is available that's the only free agent I'd go for if I were a Yankee gm next year.

Hugh
07-20-2017, 01:45 AM
I don't see it that way at all. I'm a fan of Cargo and I feel like he's been really good the last 2 years before this one. He actually hasn't been on the downswing the last couple years. He was an All-star last year with zero injuries and really good numbers. In 2015 he hit 40 HRs with 97 RBI and an .864 OPS which is above his career average. And again, no injuries.
This year is a different story, of course, but it might just be this year.

Spencer 555
07-20-2017, 07:52 AM
I was more talking about his peripheral numbers then his actual production. His defense has taken a hit too and he's really been struggling against lefties the last couple years. In his 40 homer season, he hit 195 against lefties with 5 homers. Since then, he's been just as terrible against lefties and has progressively been getting worst against righties too. I think we can expect him to bounce back the rest of this season and into next season, but I don't think he's worth it to the Rockies.

Veilmenacex
07-20-2017, 04:18 PM
Charlie Blackmon and arenado are my rockies hitters they always have a decent hitting line up.

Hulky
07-20-2017, 04:38 PM
Isn't/wasn't that manon's favorite player? I vaguely remember in my first draft Manon loved "CarGo" who I assumed was Carlos Gomez, but then later realized there was a Colorado player named Carlos Gonzalez.

Hugh
07-20-2017, 06:13 PM
Yes, Cargo is a great player. Or at least he was.

Hugh
07-22-2017, 06:29 PM
The one time Statcast needed to work it didn't. I only saw the replay, but the homerun Aaron Judge hit in Safeco field last night had to be one of the longest ever. Anywhere. Maybe the longest in history. I've sat in the center field bleachers for lots of games and I've never heard of a ball getting near there. He almost hit it out of the stadium. It had to be over 600 ft.

Gryph
07-22-2017, 06:32 PM
The one time Statcast needed to work it didn't. I only saw the replay, but the homerun Aaron Judge hit in Safeco field last night had to be one of the longest ever. Anywhere. Maybe the longest in history. I've sat in the center field bleachers for lots of games and I've never heard of a ball getting near there. He almost hit it out of the stadium. It had to be over 600 ft.

David Cone was talking about it on the broadcast and said in the early to mid 90's Edgar Martinez hit one off of him that landed a few rows ahead almost in the same spot, he looked it up midgame at 472. So Judge's was probably in the 480-490 territory.

Spencer 555
07-22-2017, 08:00 PM
I dunno how comparable this is, but Ive seen a few homers hit the top deck at the rogers centre, that's only 450 feet or so, but the height is ridiculous at that distance lol

Spencer 555
07-22-2017, 08:12 PM
I was just looking at a video of the furthest homers ever recorded, I forgot cecil fielder hit a homer over the roof of tiger stadium lol

Spencer 555
07-22-2017, 08:14 PM
This is always gonna be the most impressive play I've ever seen though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApoJk9X7Vto

Gives me goosebumps every time. And I hate jeter/yankees.

Hugh
07-22-2017, 09:27 PM
David Cone was talking about it on the broadcast and said in the early to mid 90's Edgar Martinez hit one off of him that landed a few rows ahead almost in the same spot, he looked it up midgame at 472. So Judge's was probably in the 480-490 territory.

Maybe they'll figure out how to measure it at some point but I'd be willing to bet Judge's homerun was a lot farther than that.

Da Gyps
07-23-2017, 05:27 PM
The Royals keep doing just enough to string me along. They probably should have made some trades for the future though.

Hulky
07-23-2017, 06:23 PM
Anyone watching the Nationals game and see why Strasburg only played two scoreless innings? (It's now the 6th)

Gryph
07-23-2017, 06:44 PM
Anyone watching the Nationals game and see why Strasburg only played two scoreless innings? (It's now the 6th)

In all honesty, didn't look too good. He threw a funky pitch, turned his back to the catcher and made a fist and flexed his elbow and grimaced. Second he did that, 19 people were out on the field to get him outta there. Hopefully it's just an elbow sprain

KBHoleN1
07-23-2017, 08:30 PM
Maybe they'll figure out how to measure it at some point but I'd be willing to bet Judge's homerun was a lot farther than that.

ESPN has a pretty good home run tracker. I looked at the homers on there, and if it's the one I'm seeing it was measured at only 437 True Distance. His launch angle was really high, so it carried up into the seats, but it seems like it was coming straight down when it landed, versus some home runs that are still traveling horizontally when they reach the seats.

http://www.hittrackeronline.com/

Hugh
07-23-2017, 11:46 PM
Matt Reynolds just hit a 482 ft homerun. There's no way that was 45 feet farther than the one Judge hit at Safeco.
Judge's was the farthest ball ever hit in Safeco. I've seen every homerun hit in that park. Nobody has ever hit one there. It was the very last row, almost out of the park. 437 feet isn't even close. It can't be.

Hulky
07-24-2017, 12:48 AM
If you click the watch it goes down the line left basically and on the view they having it go right of center, I dont think their 432 is accurate.

If you use the view and then toggle range rings you could guesstimate though

Serge
07-24-2017, 06:29 AM

Dusty said in the post game presser that he was just taken out as a precaution because he was having trouble getting loose. Strasburg notoriously struggles with pitching when it's hot and we had two players cramp up on us last night in godforsaken Arizona.

Reports that he is dealing with an achey forearm. So Nats fans are praying it's something silly like the infamous Icy Hot incident. Last night people were speculating that he had diarrhea. But it's more likely he's fucked.

Da Gyps
07-24-2017, 10:52 PM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view6/2651254/hellmuth-o.gif

Sanosuke
07-24-2017, 11:47 PM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view6/2651254/hellmuth-o.gif

Really hoping this is in reference to Ramos

Da Gyps
07-25-2017, 07:36 AM
Pretty much all my posts are about the Royals.

Gryph
07-30-2017, 09:49 AM
lmao, Cashman is such a shitlord. For those of you who don't really follow the trade track insides, Yankees want Gray. Beane is asking for either Clint Frazier or Gleyber Torres. Cashman is saying that Gray isn't an MLB ace (Ie : Scherzer, Kershaw, MadBum etc), more like a staff Ace (Arrietta, etc) So he shouldn't be worth a Sale type of package.

Beane then asks for No. 5 OF prospect Estevial Florial, Yankees willing but want to move a lot of Rule 5 eligible guys, Beane still wants either Frazier or Torress.

Cashman goes out and gets Jamie Garcia for 2 low level protected prospects, now giving Cashman the ability to put Jorge Mateo on our 40 man to protect him from Rule 5, and closes off all of Beane's leverage. And basicallly says "Feel free to call if you want to."

A+ Shitlording Cash, A+

Spencer 555
07-31-2017, 04:03 PM
Atta boy billy. Great trade for the a's. This is the first trade the Yankees have made recently that I didn't think they just completely owned the other team. Will be worth it if Gray helps the Yankees win a playoff series tho honestly.

Gryph
07-31-2017, 04:42 PM
It's not about this year honestly. We got him through 2019. This is a long term throw a brick through the window move and get a ring soon. Man, July 31st should be a national holiday, I was glued to my phone in work today for like 90% of my shift.

Hulky
07-31-2017, 07:00 PM
I want Sonny Gray back and it's not fair the Yankees get him.

That's like the only player they have a named jersey for the As in the stores.
Can't we keep somebody, plz

Sanosuke
07-31-2017, 10:34 PM
Oakland is the MLBs farm team

Serge
07-31-2017, 11:04 PM
Gio Gonzalez came within two outs of a no-hitter tonight in Miami. He was close friends with Jose Fernandez and tonight would have been Fernandez's birthday. The Miami crowd gave Gio a standing ovation and Stanton gave him a fist bump when he left the game after giving up a hit to Dee Gordon. Pretty awesome moment.

Obviously it has come out that Fernandez is to blame for what happened to him but you still have to feel for his friends and family.

Spencer 555
07-31-2017, 11:22 PM
Shouldn't matter in any case who to blame. It was a tragic accident.

Spencer 555
08-01-2017, 11:13 AM
The two finalists in this year's home run derby are arguably the two most promising hitters in baseball imo and are each having great years. However, one of them isn't getting the attention he deserves despite being younger and having more time/room for improvement as his game and body develop. Miguel Sano. Check out these Batted ball numbers:

Judge: LD% 22.6, GB% 37.2, FB% 40.3; soft% 11.5%, medium% 42.5, Hard% 46

Sano: LD% 20.2, GB% 37.6, FB% 42.3; soft% 11.3, medium% 42.7, Hard% 46

With these remarkably similar batted ball profiles both young hitters are in the top 5 of the league in hard hit% (tied obviously) and ranked 1-2 in exit velocity. More people should be talking about how awesome Sano is. For me it will be interesting to see how these two develop and cut down there strikeouts in the coming years. A significant dip in k% (Judge: 30.6, Sano: 35.3) from either would probably result in a 60-70 homer season.

The Butcher
08-01-2017, 11:40 AM
Judge hits the ball far.

People like that.

Hulky
08-01-2017, 11:44 AM
Sano bippity booops pretty hard two. He's number two after Judge in exit velocity.

The Butcher
08-01-2017, 11:49 AM
just telling you what the casual/non baseball fan sees.

baseball is boring as hell, ball go far, that neat.

Spencer 555
08-01-2017, 12:50 PM
And I'm just telling you what the casual baseball fan misses due to media bias and market influence. Essentially what I was pointing out is sano hits the ball almost as far as Judge, almost as often as judge and in similar places as judge.

The Butcher
08-01-2017, 12:59 PM
Also, Yankees.

Hugh
08-01-2017, 02:29 PM
just telling you what the casual/non baseball fan sees.

Casual non baseball fans probably don't watch the HR derby. Baseball discussion is for baseball fans. It's why I don't post in the WWE thread. I don't watch wrestling.

KBHoleN1
08-01-2017, 02:37 PM
Casual non baseball fans probably don't watch the HR derby. Baseball discussion is for baseball fans. It's why I don't post in the WWE thread. I don't watch wrestling.

Not relevant to Butcher's posts at all. Spencer was lamenting that Sano doesn't get more attention. Butcher offered a reason why. That reason is that casual fans see more highlights of Judge's long homeruns and because he plays in New York. More exposure, more crowdpleasing longballs (10 more than Sano) = more attention.

Why is your response to this that he should leave the thread?

The Butcher
08-01-2017, 02:51 PM
#h2h

Hugh
08-01-2017, 03:02 PM
I was just responding to this, KB.

People who think baseball is boring as hell aren't fans and don't watch. So their opinions don't matter.
I wasn't telling Butch to leave the thread. I used the wrestling thread as an example of a discussion I don't get involved in because I'm not a fan, just like people who don't like baseball. Not Butch specifically.

The Butcher
08-01-2017, 03:13 PM
That wasn't necessarily my opinion of baseball either, FWIW. I love soccer, which is far boring in comparison. I just attended a minor league game with my gf and her family and really enjoyed it.

Although, I never really feel the need to explain myself to Hugh. He gets me.

Hugh
08-01-2017, 03:21 PM
#h2h

Gryph
08-01-2017, 03:45 PM
Judge gets more attention because he doesn't have a prospect pedigree that Sano had/s People and analysts knew about Sano, monsterous power, quick bat etc etc. Sano improved, but not to the point of Judge's improvement, which is almost early career Adam Dunn, who wasn't a super high prospect, but valued as one, and came up and just dragged their dicks across MLB for half a season.

I miss vintage Adam Dunn, that dude hit fuckin MOONSHOTS.

You watch Judge, then watch Dunn, they are almost exactly the same player :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9rV4OiVVjk

Hugh
08-01-2017, 05:25 PM
He's also a freak. Everyone likes a freak.

Spencer 555
08-01-2017, 06:18 PM
He also isn't Hispanic. People hate Hispanics.

Gryph
08-01-2017, 07:08 PM
He also isn't Hispanic. People hate Hispanics.

Yeah, god damn bat flippin fucks.

Hugh
08-03-2017, 09:34 PM
So Nick Markakis got his 2,000th hit today. He's 33. I know he's been a really solid and consistent his whole career, but I never thought he was a guy who could get 3,000 hits. Is he? Anyone think he can get there?

Spencer 555
08-03-2017, 09:58 PM
Man... I actually wanna say it's possible. That caught me off guard haha.

Spencer 555
08-03-2017, 10:00 PM
I mean.. He's not even that good. Just really healthy and consistent. I'm rooting for him haha.

KBHoleN1
08-03-2017, 10:09 PM
Assuming he picks up another 50-55 hits this season, he'd need almost 5.5 seasons of his average production to reach 3000. That's not unreasonable, but if he misses any significant time or his production begins to decline at all, he'd be at least 40 before he got there. I certainly think it's possible, but once you reach that age nothing is guaranteed.

Spencer 555
08-03-2017, 11:22 PM
If anyone's gonna play ball until they're 45 it's markakis

Spencer 555
08-03-2017, 11:23 PM
Anyone other then ichiro lol

Sanosuke
08-04-2017, 04:59 PM
Markakis isn't a world beater but to say he's not that good is silly.

Spencer 555
08-04-2017, 07:38 PM
He's the definition of average.

Gryph
08-04-2017, 11:02 PM
He's the definition of average.

I'd say he's more of a definition of a safe play / grinder. Dude has averaged 152 Games Per Year for his entire career. Just pencil him in, he'll give you 4 tough at bats, doesn't make errors.

Maverik
08-05-2017, 12:54 AM
if Markakis is 'average', I would take a full line-up of 'average' guys over any other roster

except maybe Los Doyers cuz we da besssssss

Spencer 555
08-05-2017, 08:23 AM
If we consider that markakis is an average hitter for his position and an average defender for his position and adjust the numbers according to position, ya I'd probably take a team of markakis' over most teams.

C: Wellington Castillo
1b: Carlos Santana
2b: Joe Panik
SS: Freddy Galvis
3B: Chase Headley
LF: Cameron Maybin
CF: Odubel Herrera
RF: The legend himself

Let's go with that. Pretty decent.

Gryph
08-06-2017, 11:09 AM
So I was going through batted ball percentages to look for possible matchups to exploit for Draftkings today. went to Colorado to see their matchup, hunkered over to the Braves after and noticed something on their team batted balls.

With a minimum of 250PA, Freddie Freeman is the only player in the Majors this year to not have 1 infield popup. Sort the table by IFFB%, He is at 0.00% and Joey Votto is second with 0.08%. Incredible lol

http://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=all&stats=bat&lg=all&qual=250&type=2&season=2017&month=0&season1=2017&ind=0&team=0&rost=0&age=0&filter=&players=0&sort=8,a

Spencer 555
08-06-2017, 01:19 PM
Ya they're awesome and still underrated. Votto is having a breakout year that No one is noticing. Despite his wicked batted ball profile, low k rate and career 360 babip he has a fucking 280 babip. He should be hitting 340 right now with more homers then he's ever hit.

To get back to Freeman though, I'm sorry my team broke his finger :(. Completely ruined my chances in my keeper league. Managed to turn him and Jose Quintana into Corey seager tho so that was kinda cool.

Hugh
08-06-2017, 01:38 PM
Joey Votto broke out a long time ago. He's been one of the best hitters in baseball for years.

Spencer 555
08-06-2017, 03:00 PM
What I meant by breakout is that he's improved his underlying numbers significantly in the past year and a half. He's having a career year in terms of power and with any luck on batted balls he would be a clear mvp candidate. When I say Votto is consistently underrated, I mean that people don't recognize that Votto is a 1st ballot hall of famer and the best hitter of his generation (between Cabrera and trout)

Spencer 555
08-06-2017, 10:15 PM
What u think of all these mariners trades hugh? Lookin like the farm is completely sold at this point and the mlb team isn't fantastic. Personally like it because they're really pushing for the playoffs and if u can get Hernandez and Paxton in the playoffs anything can happen. Would be really awesome to see king Felix in that atmosphere.

Sanosuke
08-06-2017, 11:45 PM
Freeman has been one of the most underrated hitters in baseball for a while now. It blows my mind how much Braves players don't get talked about because we're not a major media team, even if we're average. Like, I get that the Yankees will still get talked about if they were doing as bad as the Braves because they're the Yankees, but the Braves are I think are one of the 3 oldest teams in baseball and we have a phenominal hitter in Freeman. Idk. I guess first baseman aren't cool.

Hugh
08-07-2017, 10:31 PM
What u think of all these mariners trades hugh? Lookin like the farm is completely sold at this point and the mlb team isn't fantastic. Personally like it because they're really pushing for the playoffs and if u can get Hernandez and Paxton in the playoffs anything can happen. Would be really awesome to see king Felix in that atmosphere.

I'm happy about how things are going. This team would be a serious contender if the rotation had stayed somewhat healthy. Iwakuma and Smyley have been hurt all year and Felix is just falling apart. He's back in the DL again.
But I like the team and I like the moves. Excited about the direction. I'd love to see Felix in the postseason but he'll never be what he was. He's not dominant any more. Hopefully he'll make the adjustments necessary to be effective and pitch a while longer, but he's not the ace now. Paxton is, if he can stay healthy.

Spencer 555
08-08-2017, 10:55 PM
Ya, regardless of his skill atm, I think hernandez would have 1 or 2 vintage starts if he got to pitch in the playoffs. The race for these 2 wild card spots is gonna be awesome. Rays, Royals, Mariners and yankees seem to be the teams to beat. If I had to guess, it'll be between the rays and mariners for that second spot with the yankees hanging onto the 1st one. Royals pulling off their magic bullshit again right now haha. Cheers gyps!

Serge
08-14-2017, 06:51 PM
Sitting in the bleachers about to watch Stephen Strasburg make a rehab start for the Potomac Nationals. My boys first baseball game since the Washington game I was going to take them to got rained out.

Hugh
08-14-2017, 07:57 PM
Nice.

Hugh
08-14-2017, 08:55 PM
Stanton is going off. He's gonna hit 50.

Spencer 555
08-14-2017, 09:27 PM
Finally healthy!

Serge
08-14-2017, 11:57 PM
Boys only made it through six innings, but they had fun.

Speaking of Aaron Judge being like the next Adam Dunn, he is approaching Dunn's record of most consecutive games with a strikeout.

Also, Bryce Harper. The entire fanbase was absolutely certain for several hours that he had torn the fuck out of his ACL. It was worse than watching RG3 go down. But by some miracle (probably his ridiculous fucking hammys) he only has a bone bruise.

Maverik
08-15-2017, 07:52 AM
the injury looked nothing like an ACL tear, the media were just hyper-sensationalizing it

you could tell he just jammed it when his cleats slid across the bag

worst case scenario it got hyper-extended, but it looked like a bone bruise

Serge
08-15-2017, 08:32 AM
For me at least it was the reaction of Harper and the team that had me ready to call the season over. They looked like they had just watched their dog get hit by a car.