PDA

View Full Version : For MLB fans

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Sanosuke
08-16-2017, 09:34 PM
Stanton is ridiculous

Sanosuke
08-16-2017, 09:44 PM
Nelson Arenado is also really good at baseball things.

Gryph
08-17-2017, 01:00 AM
just got back from yankees-mets in citi field. Never had a more miserable experience. We were in the upper deck, and these two old people were behind us, and they smelt like they pissed their pants and sat outside in the sun for 4 hours. It was absolutely HORRIBLE. I spent most of it inside the stadium watching the TV screens and kept peeking my head back into the section till they finally fucking left in the 7th. The entire section started clapping.

Couple that with the fact that for every popup and grounder they'd scream out "THATS A CAN O CORN FOR ---"

Maybe they should of put the fucking corn down stop being a wrinkled fatass and take a fucking shower. Use a rag or something just make an effort.

Spencer 555
08-17-2017, 06:07 AM
Gonna be me someday at jays games

Da Gyps
08-17-2017, 09:36 AM
The current Royals bullpen really makes me appreciate just how great HGH was even more. Something I didn't think was possible.

Spencer 555
08-17-2017, 10:08 AM
HGH? I'm thinking it's Herrera, Davis , Holland, but the G isn't bringing to mind any rp.

Da Gyps
08-17-2017, 10:37 AM
Early morning typo.

KBHoleN1
08-17-2017, 10:37 AM
Or you're juicing. I'm calling Rob Manfred.

Spencer 555
08-17-2017, 11:22 AM
Luke gregerson!

Hulky
08-19-2017, 08:00 PM
I was going through my yearbook and I went to high school with Mark Appel (1st overall pick bust) kinda cool and Steven Piscotty has like 1/3 chance of being in my elementary school yearbooks since we grew up in the same town. Brandon Crawford also may have went to elementary/middle school with me. I'm going to check when I can find my year books.

Hugh
08-19-2017, 08:06 PM
Nelson Cruz just hit the 100 RBI mark with 40 games left.
A while ago someone in here said he didn't consider Nelson Cruz an elite hitter in this league. Take a look at his numbers over the last 4 seasons. It's crazy, and at 37 he's actually getting better.

Hulky
08-19-2017, 08:13 PM
It's crazy, and at 37 he's actually getting better.

Isn't that a sign to check if he's Barry Bonds-ing it?

Hugh
08-19-2017, 08:23 PM
Yes. Definitely. It's not a subtle statement he's making. He hit a 482 foot homerun yesterday.
I assume they're checking.

Gryph
08-19-2017, 10:34 PM
Isn't that a sign to check if he's Barry Bonds-ing it?

He already got caught with them before, he was suspended 50 games right at the end of his Rangers tenure, which is why the O's got him so cheap.

Spencer 555
08-19-2017, 11:13 PM
I don't think I ever said Cruz wasn't an elite hitter, but I think I definitely underrated him a bit on the mariners.

Veilmenacex
08-21-2017, 11:55 AM
Steroids human growth hormones

Maverik
08-21-2017, 12:42 PM
Steroids Utilize Inherent Talents & Skills

Sanosuke
08-23-2017, 08:38 PM
Oh man rich Hill is such a bitch for sitting out with a blister. Thank goodness the dodgers haven't needed his 11 consecutive starts of allowing 3 runs or less.

Gryph
08-23-2017, 10:31 PM
Oh man rich Hill is such a bitch for sitting out with a blister. Thank goodness the dodgers haven't needed his 11 consecutive starts of allowing 3 runs or less.

Incoming DL stint with blister issues again. Just think if he wasn't a bitch, he could be Alex Wood this year, instead of 11, he could of been 22+. Nope, woman hand mode activate.

Lex
08-23-2017, 10:47 PM
Throwing a 9inning no hitter only to lose on a HR to the first batter in the 10th has to be the worst feeling ever right?

Gryph
08-23-2017, 10:54 PM
Throwing a 9inning no hitter only to lose on a HR to the first batter in the 10th has to be the worst feeling ever right?

It was a perfect game right up until Logan Forsythe decided otherwise. I can't imagine the Dodgers are going to keep him come September. He's literally been worth negative value across the board in every metric, that's probably the last nail in the coffin for him. I mean christ, Chase Utley made a gold glove play, and he's been a rotting corpse for the past half a decade, when a 39 yo Utley is outperforming you, you're in trouble. lol

Spencer 555
08-23-2017, 11:01 PM
He crushes lefties and plays a competent 2nd base. Good clubhouse vet too. I'd hang on to him over Utley tbh.

Spencer 555
08-23-2017, 11:04 PM
Also: just cause You're extremely talented doesn't mean you aren't a little bitch with vagina hands. :D

Gryph
08-23-2017, 11:12 PM
I mean, to Sano's benefit, I knew the post was coming, at no point am I saying he's not a good pitcher, but his first DL Stint before his elbow problems was in 2011, which was...a blister issue. It's been 6 years, six. We can all agree he's a great pitcher with no man hands. Hell, George Costanza made a good living for a while until the coffee incident.

Spencer 555
08-23-2017, 11:16 PM
Looking at the roster in dodger land, I'd probably keep both. Chris Taylor is too Babippy for me. I like the utley/Forsythe platoon and the leadership they bring in the clubhouse.

Gryph
08-23-2017, 11:22 PM
You have an ambassador of baseball in Granderson there now, which is what he actually is, look up his off field work, there's a reason why he wins that award almost every year. there's zero reason to have Forsy there as a "veteran presence who hits .100" As for Taylor, there was a podcast with Jeff Zimmermann awhile back on surging babip, breakouts, and sustainability over time. I'm buying into Taylor, literally nothing has regressed for him all season and it's no longer a small sample size, even if he's only 75% of what he did this year into next year, he'd end up being a rich man's Brock Holt. Which can only be a good thing at this point for their team.

Sanosuke
08-23-2017, 11:27 PM
I mean, Alex wood is on the DL and Hill just threw 9 no hit innings and was perfect until and error...

Spencer 555
08-24-2017, 06:04 AM
You have an ambassador of baseball in Granderson there now, which is what he actually is, look up his off field work, there's a reason why he wins that award almost every year. there's zero reason to have Forsy there as a "veteran presence who hits .100" As for Taylor, there was a podcast with Jeff Zimmermann awhile back on surging babip, breakouts, and sustainability over time. I'm buying into Taylor, literally nothing has regressed for him all season and it's no longer a small sample size, even if he's only 75% of what he did this year into next year, he'd end up being a rich man's Brock Holt. Which can only be a good thing at this point for their team.

Ya the babip trends are interesting, but I'm not sure I'm buying it just yet. Not entirely anyways. I'm more inclined to believe in a batters ability to control his babip then a pitcher, but I think taylor was hanging on to a 400 babip the last time I checked. That's historic and obviously unsustainable. I just read an interesting article that has me tampering my expectations for now anyways. It's obvious something interesting is going on with all the guys hitting over 380 babip this year lol.

Spencer 555
08-24-2017, 06:08 AM
I cant find the article, but it essentially gathered all the batted ball data in baseball and compared it to prior years and there isn't anything obviously different or funky about this year in comparison to past years.

Gryph
08-24-2017, 12:43 PM
I cant find the article, but it essentially gathered all the batted ball data in baseball and compared it to prior years and there isn't anything obviously different or funky about this year in comparison to past years.

I know the article you're talking about. This is also the podcast I'm referring to (starts at 3:03) http://www.fangraphs.com/fantasy/the-sleeper-and-the-bust-episode-488-jeff-zimmerman-on-breakout-metrics/

Spencer 555
08-24-2017, 02:08 PM
Cool. I'll take a listen soon.

Spencer 555
08-26-2017, 08:17 PM
Holy hell who the fuck is rhys hoskins and why has he been in the minors all year lmfao. 7 days in a row with a dinger.

Gryph
08-26-2017, 11:11 PM
Holy hell who the fuck is rhys hoskins and why has he been in the minors all year lmfao. 7 days in a row with a dinger.

control time and the lifeless bat of Tommy Joseph lol

Spencer 555
08-27-2017, 07:45 AM
Unusual timing though, they could have brought him up months ago and still gotten his super 2 rights

Spencer 555
08-27-2017, 11:00 AM
I know the article you're talking about. This is also the podcast I'm referring to (starts at 3:03) http://www.fangraphs.com/fantasy/the-sleeper-and-the-bust-episode-488-jeff-zimmerman-on-breakout-metrics/

Just listened to this, and ya I've been on the contact quality/batted ball profile train for awhile now (2016 I guess lol) so this wasn't really news to me. I did find it interesting though about the pull% being the most "sticky" and fangraphs trying to figure out exactly how sticky these "late bloomer" batter breakouts are based on swing improvements. On the podcast, they mentioned three guys who I definitely am buying (especially hicks and gonzalez, smoak is interesting but I can't bring myself to trust him entirely). Taylor wasn't mentioned, but if you dive into his stats a little, you'll see that august is his first month with really optimistic gains to plate discipline and contact quality. The increased pull% and moderate increase to FB% is something you can point to consistently over the course of the year, but I would say the majority of his success this year is attributable to his high babip and I don't see anything in his profile that would suggest to me even a 350 babip should be sustainable for him. He's hovering around .400 babip right now so to me it's almost unreasonable to expect him to come back next year and be 75% of the player he was this year. I'm not buying him, not yet anyways.

My predictions for each player:

Hicks: Will improve next year if given playing time. Would be a crime if the yankees started playing clint frazier and ellsbury over him. Hicks legit could be a star in the making. Very high on him.

Gonzalez: I think the power was definitely something he unlocked here this year, and I think pitchers are adjusting to him here the later we go in the season. But he's gonna come back next year and a useful player especially with the positional eligibility. I don't think he will come close to replicating the year he's had this year.

Smoak: I just don't think he has it in him to be consistent year to year. The dude is gonna get fatter in the offseason and come back with high expectations and be terrible again.

Taylor: The babip is gonna come down next year, it's up to him to prove he can continue to make adjustments to his swing and improve his plate discipline. Of the 4 players, I think next season for him has the 2nd highest ceiling, and the lowest floor. Definitely the most volatile.

Hugh
08-27-2017, 04:17 PM
Stanton hit number 50.

Spencer 555
08-27-2017, 06:40 PM
He's officially projected by steamer to hit 60 bombs. Never seen a conservative projection system expect 60 from someone. He could be the first non steroid user (not caught) to beat Ruth!

Hulky
08-27-2017, 07:20 PM
That Rhys guy hit another HR today too

KBHoleN1
08-27-2017, 08:37 PM
He's officially projected by steamer to hit 60 bombs. Never seen a conservative projection system expect 60 from someone. He could be the first non steroid user (not caught) to beat Ruth!

Are you forgetting about Maris?

Spencer 555
08-27-2017, 09:15 PM
Gotta do it in 154 :p

KBHoleN1
08-28-2017, 09:18 AM
AHH, I got you.

Spencer 555
08-29-2017, 10:05 PM
http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/the-twins-other-dramatic-turnaround/

@gryph

Love This article :)

Gryph
08-29-2017, 10:09 PM
Strange sport 'int it? lol

Hugh
09-03-2017, 06:24 PM
The Indians are on fire. Is that 12 in a row? What a run.
We'll see if I jinxed them tomorrow.:)

KBHoleN1
09-07-2017, 05:32 PM
The two years Tim Lincecum won the Cy Young award, he posted WAR values of 7.9 and 7.5, while earning just over a million dollars total. That's $68,500 per WAR. The rest of his career he was paid at a rate of $28 million per WAR (3.6 total WAR for over $100 million).

Hugh
09-07-2017, 11:33 PM
15 in a row for Cleveland. Why isn't anyone talking about this?

Spencer 555
09-07-2017, 11:48 PM
I miss elven blood

Spencer 555
09-07-2017, 11:49 PM
Cool note: cleveland has played the most road games of any team in the league. Will be at home for most of the last games heading into the playoffs, should be well rested and ready to win in the playoffs :). I'd take them against anyone.

Serge
09-10-2017, 11:06 PM
Back to back NL East Champs, baby.

Hugh
09-14-2017, 10:43 PM
Indians win 22nd straight. Amazing game.

Veilmenacex
09-15-2017, 05:43 PM
dude they are going to set a MLB record damn.......

Spencer 555
09-18-2017, 12:07 AM
If the mlb season ended today, id give the mvp to stanton and altuve

Serge
09-18-2017, 09:33 AM
Rendon should be NL MVP. He's only held back because he hates the media and is on the same team as Harper.

Spencer 555
09-18-2017, 11:53 AM
Rendon's a solid pick, but I dont entirely buy fangraphs defensive war valuations. Rendon is leading the NL in WAR because of his all around brilliance, but WPA doesnt like him that much and Baseball prospectus considers stanton the best player in the entire league by a pretty decent margin with their bwarp stat and second behind blackmon with the vorp stat. All things being considered, ill take the guy with the most dingers who's team would be utter dog shit without him.

Hugh
09-19-2017, 12:18 AM
To be fair, Stanton's team is still dogshit with him AND they have Ozuna who is also having a legit MVP season.
Stanton will win because of the power numbers. They are exceptional, but he's not the most valuable player in the NL in my opinion.

Hugh
09-19-2017, 12:32 AM
Blackmon is leading the NL is batting, runs, hits and triples. Plus 34 HR 94 RBI and a 1.005 OPS as a lead off hitter? That's insane.
I know it's Colorado and Arenado is Arenado, but Colorado has had studs in the middle of the lineup forever it seems and never do anything. What Blackmon is doing this season is damn near historic. I feel like they wouldn't be anywhere near a playoff team without him.

Hugh
09-19-2017, 12:37 AM
Also I'm a big fan of Rendon, so not disagreeing with that pick. He's having an incredible overall year and so are the Nats.

Gryph
09-19-2017, 01:59 AM
NL MVP - Charlie Blackmon
NL Cy Young - Grienke (Janson for the hope it could happen)

AL MVP - Altuve
AL Cy Young - Kluber

but that's me.

Sanosuke
09-19-2017, 06:48 AM
To be fair, Stanton's team is still dogshit with him AND they have Ozuna who is also having a legit MVP season.
Stanton will win because of the power numbers. They are exceptional, but he's not the most valuable player in the NL in my opinion.

Funny because you said that last year when I said Trout should get it for the same reasons Stanton should, and then trout won. Marlins would be infinitely worse without Stanton than really any other team losing their respective MVP candidate.

Hugh
09-19-2017, 07:33 AM
Congratulations on saying "Trout for MVP" every year along with pretty much everyone else even if the Angels finish dead last. Obviously lots of people agree with you. I'm not one of them. I think Trout is the best player in baseball but the MVP each season should directly relate to a team's success. It's why Griffey only won it once, even though he was the best player in the game for a decade in my opinion.
Still, Stanton and Trout are different cases. Trout does a lot more than hit HRs and he didn't have another MVP candidate on his team, like Stanton does with Ozuna. Trout deserved it more than Stanton.
But again, Stanton will win because he's big and hits the long ball. That's cool. I just don't agree he's the MVP.

Hugh
09-19-2017, 08:04 AM
Also, the Marlins would be infinitely worse without Stanton than any other team without their MVP candidate? The Marlins are 10 games under .500 and 20 games back in the East and long since eliminated from playoff contention. What would they be without Stanton?
20 games under .500 like the Mets? 30 games like the Phillies? Does it matter? They're a shit team who would just be shittier.

Sanosuke
09-19-2017, 08:04 AM
Mike Trout is a better fielder, sure, but to somehow try and discredit Stanton for winning the MVP award for hitting a lot of home runs is like saying a pitcher shouldn't win the Cy Young for putting up a lot of strikeouts over someone else...

Sanosuke
09-19-2017, 08:06 AM
Also, the Marlins would be infinitely worse without Stanton than any other team without their MVP candidate? The Marlins are 10 games under .500 and 20 games back in the East and long since eliminated from playoff contention. What would they be without Stanton?
20 games under .500 like the Mets? 30 games like the Phillies? Does it matter? They're a shit team who would just be shittier.

Yeah but those teams don't have MVP caliber players, so probably yes. I'd argue a 70 win team is a helluva lot better than a 40-50 win team. But yeah man, if you're not winning the world series I guess you're just shittier than shit!

Maverik
09-19-2017, 08:12 AM
straight shit bro

fo sho doh bro

Sanosuke
09-19-2017, 08:23 AM
The NL MVP should be either Stanton or Arenado

Hugh
09-19-2017, 08:54 AM
Yeah but those teams don't have MVP caliber players, so probably yes. I'd argue a 70 win team is a helluva lot better than a 40-50 win team. But yeah man, if you're not winning the world series I guess you're just shittier than shit!

I'm not saying World Series, Sano. Just a good team. How about a team that has more wins than losses?

Hugh
09-19-2017, 10:00 AM
Mike Trout is a better fielder, sure, but to somehow try and discredit Stanton for winning the MVP award for hitting a lot of home runs is like saying a pitcher shouldn't win the Cy Young for putting up a lot of strikeouts over someone else...

It's really not like that though. The Cy Young Award is clearly defined as the best pitchers in each league for that season and has historically reflected only that. It's always been based solely on individual performance and nothing else.
The MVP is not clearly defined. Even the description states there isn't a clear definition of "most valuable" but historically the award has been given to a player on a winning team. There have been exceptions, like Trout last year, but way more often than not the award is given to a player on a team that is contending.
And I'm not saying Stanton doesn't deserve it because he hits a lot of HRs. That's stupid. I'm saying he's not the most valuable player in the league this season JUST because he hits the most HRs.

Spencer 555
09-19-2017, 11:05 AM
Hard not to vote for the guy lapping the world in dingers.

Spencer 555
09-19-2017, 11:07 AM
Hugh, to your point about ozuna, i dont think hes really in the convo. Blackmon vs Arenado is the more legit convo to me.

Hugh
09-19-2017, 11:10 AM
Hard not to vote for the guy lapping the world in dingers.

Mark McGwire was a 5X HR champ and never won the MVP.

Spencer 555
09-19-2017, 11:20 AM
Fair point. But 50 bombs is so much rarer these days. Do u deny if he hits 60 you gotta give it to him based solely on the dingers?

Hugh
09-19-2017, 11:33 AM
I've been pretty clear about what I think the baseball MVP award is and what it isn't. Stanton is having an incredible season. It's pretty sad, actually, because this season proves beyond a doubt what he's capable of and can accomplish if he stays healthy. He could have broken the record. But he won't, because he won't stay healthy. Who knows if he'll ever play a full season again.
He'll be the HR champ and win a silver slugger and he's an All Star and all deserved, but I still don't think he's more valuable to his team this season than any other player in the league.

Hulky
09-19-2017, 11:55 AM
NL: Paul Goldschmidt, 1B Arizona Diamondbacks
NL: Clayton Kershaw, SP LA Dodger
AL: Jose Altuve, 2B Houston Astros
AL: Corey Kluber, SP Cleveland Indians or Chris Sale, SP Red Sox

Spencer 555
09-19-2017, 12:29 PM
The nl mvp race is insanity lol

Hugh
09-19-2017, 03:12 PM
I thought about Goldschmidt. He's such a good hitter and has been for a while, but the addition of JD Martinez seems to be what put Arizona over the top this season. He wouldn't be my choice but I won't argue against Goldschmidt either. He has the numbers, his team is doing great and he's been carrying the Diamondbacks for years.

Hulky
09-19-2017, 03:18 PM
I'd like to see Arizona-Cleveland World Series

Spencer 555
09-19-2017, 03:43 PM
I want the dodgers or nats or both to finally get to the nlcs. Cleveland or houston in the al.

Maverik
09-19-2017, 03:43 PM
los doyerssssss

Hugh
09-24-2017, 04:31 PM
Is Judge still a legit MVP candidate? I know he went cold for a while but he's more than making up for it now. Talk about finishing strong. He's got the numbers and the Yankees wouldn't be in it without him.

Maverik
09-24-2017, 04:46 PM
no

#h2hh

Spencer 555
09-24-2017, 07:09 PM
Id say theres definitely a case, but to me its altuve and its not that big of a convo.

Hugh
09-25-2017, 04:07 PM
Judge just hit #50. More than any rookie ever.

Spencer 555
09-27-2017, 10:33 AM
This is what ive been getting at with the Judge case for mvp. https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/aaron-judge-has-been-the-least-clutch-player-on-record/

Hugh
09-30-2017, 01:25 AM
Charlie Blackmon has 102 RBI, more than any leadoff hitter in history.
MVP

Spencer 555
10-01-2017, 08:16 PM
Playoffs baby

Serge
10-01-2017, 08:47 PM
It's gonna be Stanton. Just prepare yourself for it now. I know it shouldn't be Stanton but it will be.

Da Gyps
10-01-2017, 09:39 PM
Well, it was a good run.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DLAo14nUIAEfuot.jpg

Hugh
10-02-2017, 01:23 AM
It's gonna be Stanton. Just prepare yourself for it now. I know it shouldn't be Stanton but it will be.

Okay, I’ll prepare myself for it. Hold on.
Okay, I’m prepared.
I still think it should be Charlie Blackmon.

Spencer 555
10-02-2017, 11:57 AM
Well, it was a good run.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DLAo14nUIAEfuot.jpg

What is the story with the rally mantis lol

Spencer 555
10-02-2017, 11:58 AM
Okay, I’ll prepare myself for it. Hold on.
Okay, I’m prepared.
I still think it should be Charlie Blackmon.

This is gold lol.

Sanosuke
10-02-2017, 02:14 PM
No way man. Another MVP on a team not making the playoffs would make it three years in row? Preposterous! Heresy!

Hulky
10-02-2017, 02:23 PM
When do the awards get announced?

Gryph
10-03-2017, 09:17 AM
I am prepared tonight.

LETS GO SEVY.

Spencer 555
10-03-2017, 11:13 AM
I want the twins to win because i love minny's position players are really interesting to me, but the yankees are the much better team.

Hugh
10-03-2017, 12:39 PM
Don’t say “minny’s“, spencer.

#h2h

Spencer 555
10-03-2017, 12:41 PM
Don’t say “minny’s“, spencer.

#h2h

Why?

Gryph
10-03-2017, 02:26 PM
Because

Hugh
10-03-2017, 03:13 PM
Exactly

Sanosuke
10-03-2017, 04:59 PM
It makes you sound like a loser

Spencer 555
10-03-2017, 08:41 PM
I dont need to sound like a loser for you to think im a loser.

Hulky
10-03-2017, 10:02 PM
Minnie Twinnies is the correct spelling Spencer

Hulky
10-03-2017, 10:46 PM
RIP Gary Sanchez' Nuts

Spencer 555
10-04-2017, 09:03 PM
So minnies' instead of minny's?

Hugh
10-04-2017, 10:58 PM
Twins, Spencer.
Just call them the Twins.

Spencer 555
10-05-2017, 12:10 AM
Fine

Spencer 555
10-05-2017, 12:10 AM
They are irrelevant now anyways.

Hulky
10-05-2017, 10:34 AM
how did no one else comment on Gary Sanchez' ball to balls pitch?

Gryph
10-05-2017, 02:47 PM
I was too busy thanking the baseball gods for giving us David Robertson and his season saving performance.

Hugh
10-05-2017, 07:58 PM
3 HRs from Altuve in game 1? Really?
Really?

Spencer 555
10-05-2017, 08:16 PM
Mvp please

Hugh
10-05-2017, 08:29 PM
Definitely

Serge
10-06-2017, 04:38 AM
I saw that the only other player to do that in a playoff game was Babe Ruth. Ridiculous.

Serge
10-06-2017, 11:24 PM
Pathetic. Why did Werth start? Why can this team not hit junk ball pitchers?

Serge
10-07-2017, 10:02 PM
Bryce fucking Harper. Ryan fucking Zimmerman. Epic fucking comeback.

Hugh
10-07-2017, 10:23 PM
That was awesome.

Gryph
10-08-2017, 11:14 PM
Heroes are born out of need

http://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/sites/csnphilly/files/styles/article_hero_image/public/2017/09/29/uspresswire-yankees-masahiro-tanaka.jpg?itok=3CnbiiaT

I'm so hyped for tomorrow. might have to call out of work.

Hugh
10-09-2017, 07:33 PM
Happy for Houston and the Astros. Pulling for them all the way.

Serge
10-09-2017, 08:05 PM
Stras and Scherzer pitch 5+ innings of no hit baseball. We score 1 run over those two games.

Da Gyps
10-09-2017, 08:10 PM
Gryph, I need your thoughts on Girardi throwing game 2.

Maverik
10-09-2017, 09:16 PM
I came on here immediately afterwards to see if Gryph was in full rage-mode and after I saw that he hadn't posted, I didn't want to egg him on

glad you did though :)

Gryph
10-09-2017, 10:28 PM
I wouldn't really say it was egging me on. I haven't liked girardi since 2011. Dude is a snowflake umpire.

Rub some fuckin dirt on it and get your ass out there.

Gryph
10-09-2017, 10:59 PM
Kahnle might of saved Game 5 for us without ever pitching in it. Betances is a dumpster fire, which pains me to say, but for him to come in and fucking get 6 outs on 22 pitches, an off day, without having us use David Robertson or Chapman.

Game 5 everyone is on deck and good to go, LETS GOOOOOOOOOOO

Spencer 555
10-10-2017, 01:21 PM
Game 5 of that series feels like the world series winner. Or at least would in any other year. Houston looks unreal atm

Da Gyps
10-10-2017, 06:49 PM
Gryph and I have talked about his hatred for Girardi for awhile now, lol.

Hugh
10-11-2017, 09:27 AM
So Stephen Strasburg isn’t pitching today because he has a cold? Wow. I mean I’m sure he feels like hammered shit, but wow. It’s the playoffs! He can’t take some miracle drug or witch’s brew to get him through 6 innings?
I worked an entire storm with the flu.
I heard he went for a jog yesterday and was doubled over hacking in half a mile. Okay, understood. Don’t go jogging. You’re sick. You’re clearly sick, but still. Playoffs.
Imagine how many athletes have played sick. Not just the Jordan vs Jazz stuff but all the ones you never heard about. Cal Ripken never missed a game. Brett Favre never missed a start. Like these guys never caught a cold in 20 years?
What do you think about it, Serge?

Serge
10-11-2017, 09:53 AM
He's soft as baby shit. We've always known this. What do you expect? He's from San Diego. First thing my wife and I do whenever he's set to start is check the weather report because he tends to have his rough starts when it's not 70 and sunny. I thought he had toughened up a little bit this year but he is who he is.

I don't even buy the whole under the weather angle. I think he just expected to go game 5 and is too much of a mental case to handle changing gears and pitching early even if it's only by a day.

KBHoleN1
10-11-2017, 10:11 AM
That sucks if that's true (that he just doesn't want to change starts). When I daydream about being a star athlete (especially when I was younger) it's usually about being a pitcher being unexpectedly called into an important game and carrying the team. I had a mini-moment like that in little league where we were in the playoffs for our city (single elimination) and I was scheduled to start Game 2 against a tougher team and our #2 starter was pitching Game 1. He struggled early, we fell behind, and our coach made the decision to put me in because "if we don't win this game there's no Game 2 for you to pitch in." I threw about 4 innings on no-run ball and we won, then lost Game 2 (remember little league rules about not being able to pitch on consecutive days, or something like that?). It was bittersweet though, because my mom was supposed to come watch me pitch the next day, so she missed my moment. She owned a bakery, and could never make Saturday games because she was always doing a wedding cake for someone.

I digress - if I had the opportunity to step up and help my team win an important game, I'd do it 100 out of a 100 times, and I'd be thrilled to get the chance. Strasburg has all the talent in the world, he should be itching to take the mound.

Hulky
10-11-2017, 10:54 AM
I wouldn't if I was sick and the team mate gave my team a better chance that day to win.

Hugh
10-11-2017, 11:32 AM
The point is he’s Stephen fucking Strasburg and he’s supposed to believe and KNOW that HE gives his team the best chance to win. You can’t stand back and evaluate every situation with odds and data, Hulky. This is about emotional, guts and balls.
If I was an ace pitcher in the bigs I’d have to be on my deathbded. You’d have to pry the ball out of my hands to keep me from at least trying. If I don’t have it or can’t cut it, yank me, but I’m taking the mound.

Maverik
10-11-2017, 11:39 AM
think of it like your biggest game of catch ever, Hulky

Hulky
10-11-2017, 11:41 AM
it's not like Strasburg didn't play against the Cubs at all, he played the first game of the series against them (Gio game 2, Scherzer 3).

Hulky
10-11-2017, 11:44 AM
If you only have 3 pitchers that can beat the Cubs, how are you expecting to beat the Dodgers or Astros or Indians/Yankees? If your team mate is sick, and already played a game in the series, why aren't you stepping up to be your teams hero as any of the other pitchers on the team?

Asking a guy to play sick at a high level seems disrespectful to the level of talent involved in playing the game imo. Sure runny nose or whatever get out there, but if your lungs are full of shit you aren't going to perform well. Surely some other top 5 rotation guy in the MLB is worth playing, otherwise your team doesn't deserve to win anyways.

Hugh
10-11-2017, 12:20 PM
Read he might start now. He must be following this thread.

Serge
10-11-2017, 12:42 PM
100% chance someone like Scherzer or Werth went to him and told him to man the fuck up.

I think the dude might legitimately have an anxiety disorder. It would explain a lot of his issues.

Hugh
10-11-2017, 01:04 PM
Yeah, it would be good coming from Max Scherzer. Look at the all the issues that fucker clearly has and overcomes.
He’s out there having a full blown argument with the voices in his head on national television and throwing aspirin. He’s awesome.

Sanosuke
10-11-2017, 03:04 PM
The point is he’s Stephen fucking Strasburg and he’s supposed to believe and KNOW that HE gives his team the best chance to win. You can’t stand back and evaluate every situation with odds and data, Hulky. This is about emotional, guts and balls.
If I was an ace pitcher in the bigs I’d have to be on my deathbded. You’d have to pry the ball out of my hands to keep me from at least trying. If I don’t have it or can’t cut it, yank me, but I’m taking the mound.

If I was also the number 4 guy in the rotation I'd feel like I could easily step up and pitch my best against last year's champs as hard as I could too. I feel like Hulky has the right idea with this one. If your 4 and 5 guys are SO BAD that you NEED Starsburg to pitch on short rest AND battling an illness then godspeed trying to get to the WS. Might has well just do 3 man rotations forever in the playoffs.

KBHoleN1
10-11-2017, 03:10 PM
He's not on short rest. He pitched 5 days ago.

Sanosuke
10-11-2017, 04:05 PM
That's fair. I thought he was, sorry. I still think a 100% #4 dude who is fresh would fair better than Strasburg at a theoretical 70% or whatever.

You get crucified regardless. If you lose and start Strasburg it's because you were bullish enough to start him when not healthy would be the headline.

Spencer 555
10-11-2017, 04:55 PM
I see merits on both sides, never thought I'd admit that either. Great argument from hulky. That being said, if I was a pitcher in the bigs there's no chance whatsoever I'd be passing up the ball to someone. The thought of Scherzer confronting stras is also pretty awesome.

Serge
10-11-2017, 06:55 PM
And then Strasburg comes in and throws 7 shutout innings with 12K giving up only 3H and 2BB.

For the record Tanner Roark is great. This year he struggled a bit but he's probably middle of the pack in terms of #4 starters on playoff teams. It's just that Strasburg is one of the top 3 pitchers in the NL this year.

Spencer 555
10-11-2017, 06:59 PM
Fuck the conservative approach, you go with your best pitcher in a must win. Kudos to stras for comin up big. Congrats serge. Im really looking forward to the 2 game 5s.

Spencer 555
10-11-2017, 07:01 PM
Er awkward. Getting ahead of myself.

Da Gyps
10-11-2017, 07:18 PM
Read he might start now. He must be following this thread.

Not only starting, but dropping his dick on the Cubs. Serge should thank you, Hugh.

Serge
10-11-2017, 07:20 PM
Thanks, Hugh. I honestly do believe you have that kind of old school masculinity that could radiate from Washington to Chicago and put some ball hairs on a guy.

Speaking of dropping dicks, Michael A Taylor just hit a 2 out grand slam in the top of the 8th on a day where the wind has been keeping everything in the park.

Da Gyps
10-11-2017, 07:22 PM
Nats offense finally did something too. Might be a win!

Spencer 555
10-11-2017, 07:22 PM
Hugh is the dad we all wish we had.

Hugh
10-11-2017, 08:20 PM
Congrats, Serge. That was truly awesome.

Spencer 555
10-11-2017, 11:02 PM
One of the best ALDS' ive seen in awhile. Great baseball. Astros vs Yankees is gonna be bigtime.

Spencer 555
10-11-2017, 11:03 PM
Either team really. Nats v dodgers would be my choice in the NL.

Gryph
10-11-2017, 11:30 PM
Chapman has been on the bench for over 25 minutes. If I was Girardi, I'd already be warming up Kahnle and Shreve, just in case.

But he won't. Cause that's what Girardi does.

Gryph
10-11-2017, 11:48 PM
LCS BABY LETTTTTTTTTTS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooo

Serge
10-12-2017, 09:44 AM
Aaron Judge leads Yankees to ALCS with historic ALDS performance.

Historic number of strikeouts in a playoff series lmao

Spencer 555
10-12-2017, 10:43 AM
Lolol

Gryph
10-12-2017, 11:20 AM
Dont matter how it happens so long as they win. Lol

Spencer 555
10-12-2017, 08:43 PM
Im blaming this on dusty if the nats lose this game.

Serge
10-13-2017, 05:25 AM
For once I would like us to just lose a game the way other teams do. But no, it always has to be some sick combination of players randomly imploding, the other team getting the stupidest fucking luck, and ump ball. Seriously, the home plate ump cost us two runs by catching wild pitches with his dumb fucking face. The horrible melt down by Wieters while Scherzer was pitching would never have happened if the ump was calling a reasonable strike zone.

Hugh
10-13-2017, 07:06 AM
Sorry, Serge. That was brutal. Really wanted to see the Nats go.

Spencer 555
10-13-2017, 10:07 PM
Keuchel is killing it tn.

Hugh
10-13-2017, 11:22 PM
Big time.

Gryph
10-13-2017, 11:35 PM
I don't really know why the Yankees can't hit Dallas. You know everything is gonna be down, his slider is MLB average, but everything aside from that, it's gonna break down. If you see something low or bottom of the zone, why the fuck are you going to swing at it when ~45% of the time it's gonna fall out. They could of knocked him out in 4th inning if they stopped swinging at that garbage. If they just laid off the sinkers and forced him to throw FBs down there instead they could of snuck this game out.

And Judge needs to move on the plate more, he's so far back he can't reach low and away, a half step forward and he can cover it.

Hugh
10-14-2017, 07:31 PM
Verlander is incredible. Houston getting him for this run has got to be one of the all-time great moves.

Spencer 555
10-14-2017, 08:22 PM
Reason yankees swung at keuchels low fastball, i think is the same reason any team does.

Its a deceptive pitch that gets a lot of calls from umpires. When hes on and hes getting help from the umps (bigger playoff strikezone) that pitch is a bowling ball. I think I read an article somewhere about keuchel throwing less then half his pitches for strikes but people swing regardless because he locates his pitches really well on the edges.

Spencer 555
10-14-2017, 08:24 PM
And ya. Verly almost looks like pitching in the playoffs and winning a ring is his only priority. His amps it up the later you get in the season. Hes hitting 98mph on his fastball..

Spencer 555
10-15-2017, 10:07 AM
I think the only person who's a surefire hofer pitching in the mlb right now is kershaw, but id be sad to see verlander not be one. Any pitcher who you could make a strong case for being the best pitcher in baseball for multiple years has my consideration.

Whats your guys take on these 4

Cc, verly, king felix, greinke

Hugh
10-15-2017, 12:41 PM
I’d say CC for sure, mostly because he’s still pitching at 37. Of course he’s a horse but I figured he would have broken down and been out of the league long ago, especially with how he treated his body like a garbage can for so many years. He’ll hit 250 wins next year. The Cy Young, all the all-star nods and of course the ring. Plus Yankees.
I’d say CC is a lock.
I’d say Verlander is the next closest lock, especially how he looks now. He found a time machine or the fountain of youth or something. His velocity back up is what’s so surprising.
Félix and Greinke are both HOF talents for sure but I feel like the next few years will make or break them, certainly with Félix. He has to stick around a while longer. Lots of miles on that engine but he’s still only 31.
I know lots of the stats and benchmarks for pitchers getting in are changing because baseball is changing like every sport. Pitchers aren’t going to hit those old numbers anymore, so maybe they’ll all get in.

Hulky
10-15-2017, 12:56 PM
Wouldn't Bumgarner be on that list? Like he's younger but he has good stats and three championships and is less than 30 years old

Hugh
10-15-2017, 02:11 PM
You could definitely put him on the list but I think Spencer went with those 4 guys because they’re all over 30.

Spencer 555
10-15-2017, 02:13 PM
Id say its too early to put him in the conversation atm, but hes on his way if he continues on his path imo.

I just listed the "fringy" guys from the last generation.

Next gen pitchers I would say have a chance are:

Kershaw, Sale, Scherzer*, Kluber*, Price, Madbum, Strasburg

Hugh
10-16-2017, 11:40 PM
Huge win for the Yankees. They just keep surprising everyone.

Gryph
10-17-2017, 09:35 AM
Absolute must win tonight. It'll be virtually impossible to have to face Dallas and Verlander down 3-1. This game is essentially the season. Sonny Gray needs to empty the tank.

http://www.mlb.com/images/1/3/2/254310132/091417_nyybal_bench_thumbs_down_med.gif

Gryph
10-18-2017, 09:21 AM
For what it's worth, this has probably been the best postseason I've ever witnessed, win or lose by the Yanks.

I mean think about it we've had :

The first mlb team in history to make the playoffs following a 100 loss season the year before (Twins)
an 0-2 comeback against one of the best teams in baseball, that featured a 13th inning walkoff, a 1-0 game against the best reliever in baseball
A game 5 in the NLDS
an epic battle in the ALCS.
A redemption story for Tanaka after a subpar season
Verlander making a case for HoF and Keuchel proving he's one of the best in the Majors and stating it clearly
A constant grit against teams that are better and taking chin shots every series and they refuse to go down in the yankees
The Dodgers monsterous run through the playoffs and just demolishing the Cubs right now.

Like legit, this has been some of the greatest baseball games and some of the greatest moments in this year alone than probably the past ten years. god I love this sport.

Maverik
10-18-2017, 11:52 AM
I’ve only been watching from afar, but I agree the storylines have been really compelling so far

Spencer 555
10-18-2017, 12:15 PM
Agreed. The teams are all filled with young exciting players and grizzled vets

Hugh
10-18-2017, 12:52 PM
It’s been awesome. I still want Astros/Dodgers since the Nats are out, but it’s easy to like this Yankees team and I still have a soft spot for the Cubs. Incredible stuff is happening every night.

Maverik
10-18-2017, 01:32 PM
Los Doyers for sure

what the Yankees are doing is pretty incredible though

it'll be delicious to see Girardi throw the World Series to us though

Serge
10-20-2017, 04:05 PM
Dusty Baker not extended. Don't know how to feel tbh.

KBHoleN1
10-20-2017, 04:15 PM
You should be happy. I don't think Dusty's best days are ahead of him, and he's never quite had the charm/luck/knack to get a team over the hump. He's a very good regular season manager, but through some combination of old school beliefs and passive personality, he tends to falter when the pressure mounts. I remember him most for the 2003 Cubs, and the disaster following the Bartman incident. A good manager would have taken control of his team, reminded them they still had a game 7 to win, and advanced to the WS. Or a great manager would have calmed his team in Game 6 and they would have put the silly foul ball behind them. But something about his personality seems to exude this lack of ability to control his own destiny. Like things happen to him and he can't avoid the fall. I just don't think he's suited for leading a club on a magical postseason run. I don't know if the Nats will find a better day-to-day manager, but I think you guys are dying to advance in the postseason, and maybe Dusty isn't the man to do that.

Hugh
10-20-2017, 11:34 PM
Justin Verlander. What a stud.

Serge
10-21-2017, 09:54 PM
Seriously, has to he among the greatest ALCS performances of all time. 16 innings, 1 earned run, 21 Ks.

I'malive
10-21-2017, 11:06 PM
How does McCullers get away with throwing 15 straight curveballs? How is Aaron judge so good but dumb enough to swing at 3 straight curves out of the zone after the last 10 pitches were basically the same exact thing?

Also yes, verlander is the fucking man.

Hugh
10-21-2017, 11:34 PM
Congrats to the Astros. That team was a joke 3 years ago. They literally lost over 100 games 3 seasons in row between 2011-2013. Doesn’t get much worse than that, and I’m a Mariners fan.
What a turnaround and what a team. Great series, too. Yankees really played hard.

KBHoleN1
10-21-2017, 11:35 PM
In 2013 the Astros won 51 games. 4 years from worst team to World Series berth. Crazy.

KBHoleN1
10-21-2017, 11:35 PM
Fucking ninjad by Hugh.

Hugh
10-21-2017, 11:39 PM
I thought you were like lightning fingers replying to my post. I was impressed.

KBHoleN1
10-21-2017, 11:53 PM
Oh, then that’s what happened. Continue being impressed by me.

Hugh
10-24-2017, 11:00 PM
So Justin Turner is one of those guys who wasn’t shit until after he turned 30? That amazes me.

Spencer 555
10-25-2017, 07:11 AM
Kershaw's finally having a good postseason. Wonder what's clicked.

Spencer 555
10-25-2017, 07:13 AM
So Justin Turner is one of those guys who wasn’t shit until after he turned 30? That amazes me.

It seems like every guy breaking out over the age of 30 has attributed their success in some way to bautista's swing too. Not all of them obviously, but the obvious ones are Turner and Donaldson.

Maverik
10-25-2017, 09:30 AM
that game felt really good

Kershaw bein Kershaw

and we even beat up Dallas a bit

still a long way to go though

Hugh
10-25-2017, 09:45 AM
I think Chris Taylor’s success is awesome. At least the Mariners gave up on him before completely ruining him. Wouldn’t be the first young player we’ve ruined. Watching him this postseason has been cool.

Spencer 555
10-25-2017, 04:52 PM
Lol watch out for the dustin ackley comeback tour.

Hugh
10-25-2017, 10:25 PM
I love how Pederson and Seager reacted after their homeruns. Love it. They’re fucking jacked and I like seeing emotion from players. It’s the World Series.
Some oversensitive twats will probably say they’re being disrespectful to Verlander or whatever, but they can get fucked. It’s not about that at all, and I think that entire mentality needs to change if baseball wants to get back on top.

Hugh
10-25-2017, 11:31 PM
They just said the Dodgers only blew two 9th inning leads all season, but still won both games.
That’s incredible.

Hugh
10-25-2017, 11:40 PM
Holy crap. Altuve/Correa back to back in the 10th.

Hulky
10-25-2017, 11:52 PM
Puig trying to keep up

Hugh
10-26-2017, 12:20 AM
What a game.

Spencer 555
10-26-2017, 09:26 AM
Fuck cant believe I missed it.

Greendaybum5
10-26-2017, 10:43 AM
one of the best WS games you'll ever see prob

Hugh
10-26-2017, 12:34 PM
Not him, though. He didn’t see it.

Serge
10-26-2017, 02:16 PM
I love how Pederson and Seager reacted after their homeruns. Love it. They’re fucking jacked and I like seeing emotion from players. It’s the World Series.
Some oversensitive twats will probably say they’re being disrespectful to Verlander or whatever, but they can get fucked. It’s not about that at all, and I think that entire mentality needs to change if baseball wants to get back on top.

If the pitcher is offended he needs to not give up homeruns. Or bean them 3 years later.

Serge
10-26-2017, 02:17 PM
I feel like shit staying up late to catch the end of the game but it is totall worth it.

Spencer 555
10-26-2017, 02:35 PM
Not him, though. He didn’t see it.

-_- not live anyways :(

Spencer 555
10-26-2017, 02:36 PM
I feel like shit staying up late to catch the end of the game but it is totall worth it.

Ya I fell asleep in the fuckin 6th

Sanosuke
10-29-2017, 10:07 PM
I can't believe this series.

Sanosuke
10-29-2017, 10:07 PM
Holy shit. This is the most even series I've ever seen in baseball.

Hugh
10-29-2017, 10:12 PM
Gurriel knocked the cover off that.

Maverik
10-29-2017, 10:24 PM
BELLINGER MY BOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIq

Maverik
10-29-2017, 10:24 PM
as soon as Turner walked, I turned to my friend and said Kike would strike out and Bellinger would bring em home

fuck yesssssss

Spencer 555
10-29-2017, 10:29 PM
I dont know how kersh doesnt come out and shut this astros team down from here... hes got a 3 run lead. But I said that about the 4 run lead lol.

These 2 teams are behemoths.

Hugh
10-29-2017, 10:31 PM
BELLINGER MY BOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIq

That guy is awesome.

Hugh
10-29-2017, 10:57 PM
I’ve never seen a better WS. I’ll say that right now.

Sanosuke
10-29-2017, 11:05 PM
This is fucking nuts man. Absolutely nuts. I can't believe the bats and discipline at the plate right now.

Hugh
10-29-2017, 11:42 PM
Bellinger is a wrecking ball.

Hugh
10-29-2017, 11:53 PM
Springer hit that out of the park.

Hugh
10-29-2017, 11:54 PM
It’s the homeruns. There has never been anything like this. Never.

Sanosuke
10-30-2017, 12:28 AM
If they were playing against any other team it'd be four game sweeps for either of them and the easiest WS ever.

Spencer 555
10-30-2017, 06:17 AM
I dunno. Nats and yankees were also really really complete teams. But this has been THE series.

Serge
10-30-2017, 06:31 AM
The balls are juiced. Though I guess this might be the first time both teams were on warm weather cities in a few years.

Spencer 555
10-30-2017, 07:08 AM
I have a weird theory about global warming affecting the air density. But the ball is also most definitely juiced. They changed something with the seams after the allstar break in 2015.

Maverik
10-30-2017, 07:42 AM
this series is heart-wrenching

Sanosuke
10-30-2017, 09:47 AM
Inb4 the mound gets adjusted next offseason.

KBHoleN1
10-30-2017, 09:49 AM
If they wanted to lower the number of home runs, they'd just un-juice the ball. But they don't want to lower the number of home runs - that's why they juiced the ball in the first place.

Hugh
10-30-2017, 11:42 AM
But who are “they” and how did “they” “juice the ball”?
And how would “they” “un-juice” the ball”?
And “why” am I “using” so many “quotation marks”?

KBHoleN1
10-30-2017, 11:51 AM
They is MLB, obviously. And the ball has most definitely been changed from past seasons. MLB says the baseballs are within the same standards, and has denied intentionally changing the ball, but those standards are quite wide and you could get a lot of change out a baseball by simply moving from one end of the range to the other (meaning the physical characteristics of the baseball). Smaller baseballs, lower seams, and rougher surfaces all reduce drag on the baseball and make home runs easier. Sources for reading:

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/baseballs-are-more-consistently-juiced-than-ever/
https://www.sbnation.com/mlb/2017/10/30/16570142/world-series-mlb-baseballs-juiced-slick-homers

Spencer 555
10-30-2017, 09:44 PM
Its part of the reason theres an uptick in blisters as well.

Gryph
10-30-2017, 11:12 PM
Paul Sporer and Eno both have articles archived on fangraphs about it as well. MLB is now coors field, all the time.

Spencer 555
10-30-2017, 11:14 PM
Coors field is even more coors fieldy too lol

Spencer 555
10-31-2017, 08:57 PM
Verlander was robbed of a cy young last year. Fuck rick porcello :p

Spencer 555
11-01-2017, 06:59 AM
Shit. Lookin like I might have been wrong about the stros. Dodgers should be the favourites in game 7.

Maverik
11-01-2017, 08:50 AM
I think the biggest thing is that Kenley Jansen got his head back on his shoulders after those two blown saves.

We'll need him tonight if we're going to win.

Spencer 555
11-01-2017, 11:02 AM
Ya man. Who u think is getting the ball? I dont think u can go wrong with yu or wood. The stros should send out Morton though.

Maverik
11-01-2017, 11:07 AM
I hope Wood, but I think Darvish. It’ll be all hands on deck though.

Sanosuke
11-01-2017, 12:33 PM
Almost guarantee darvish is throwing game 7.

Maverik
11-01-2017, 01:14 PM
yea, I agree

I'm sure Wood will be an option in relief though.

I wonder if they throw Kershaw out there on short rest if it comes down to it.

Hugh
11-01-2017, 01:18 PM
Whatever it takes. Nothing is off the table in Game 7.

Maverik
11-01-2017, 01:24 PM
I would pay a lot of fucking money to be sitting on those bleachers in Chavez Ravine tonight

Hulky
11-01-2017, 02:12 PM
looks like its about a grand for a seat to game 7 (unless you go for the behind the plate expensive stuff)

Spencer 555
11-01-2017, 06:22 PM
Cant wait!

KBHoleN1
11-01-2017, 09:11 PM
Wow, Darvish gives up 5 runs and only gets 5 outs. In a normal game between normal teams this thing would probably be over. But 8 innings is going to feel like forever for Astros pitchers.

Maverik
11-01-2017, 09:12 PM
does Darvish still think he plays for a Texas club???

what the fuck is going on

Hugh
11-01-2017, 09:20 PM
Springer is in another dimension. He just can’t be stopped right now.

Spencer 555
11-01-2017, 10:09 PM
Ya pretty much that. The astros offense is unreal. I thought for sure the dodgers pitching was gonna shut it down tonight but damn.

Spencer 555
11-01-2017, 10:09 PM
I so badly want verly to pitch an inning

Sanosuke
11-01-2017, 10:33 PM
Who calls.him verly? The hell?

Hugh
11-01-2017, 10:50 PM
Spencer does that with player names. I encouraged him to stop.
He didn’t listen.

Hugh
11-02-2017, 12:01 AM
Sorry, Mav. Great series.
Congrats to the Astros. First championship ever. What a team.

Maverik
11-02-2017, 12:03 AM
fuck off Darvish

Maverik
11-02-2017, 12:39 AM
hard to be all that bitter because the Astros are a fucking great club right now and the one player we did truly buy to 'get us a World Series' is the one who fucked us over hardest

but we should have won Game 2 and probably Game 5 as well

we have a pretty young club and I'm excited for us to move forward, but man tonight sucked

Dodgers v Yankees next time this year and we take it in 5

Spencer 555
11-02-2017, 10:42 AM
Haha ya thats the fucked up thing about the NL. Who in the fuck is beating the nats cubs or dodgers anytime soon. I guess I can kinda see a window for the cardinals with all the great pitching coming in the minors, but they need the bats to take a step of some good trades.

At least in the AL there is a bit more parity.

And also, I didnt realise people didn't call him verly. I swear ive heard it somewhere before and always called him that since.

Maverik
11-02-2017, 10:43 AM
probably in your wet dreams