View Full Version : College Football

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

Maverik
10-02-2016, 01:02 PM
boom baby

KB hit it on the head as usual

Mantis
10-02-2016, 03:08 PM
I see the calls that go in my team's favor as well. I am always willing to admit when we catch a break from the refs. It's just so far in the NFL this season, there really haven't been any of those, not nearly as many that have gone against us in critical situations. You see what you want to see because you want to believe what you want to believe. I'm a fan yes, but I'm not blinded by it, despite what people think. I know nothing I say is going to change your minds because it's a lot easier to continue to attack me than it is to actually admit that I'm right. If I saw someone complaining about the calls of a game and I didn't watch the game, I'd assume they were probably full of shit as well.

Marvin Lewis even said that the other refs were apologizing to him for some of the replays. Refs are apologizing for getting it wrong, commentators that are no way affiliated with the Bengals can't believe multiple calls going against us. I guess they're all homers too. :rolleyes:

The Cheat
10-02-2016, 08:47 PM
This is too good. Keep it up KB.

I find it sad that as good and as a close of a game that was last night, Louisville now has no shot at final four. I hate that is how it works. I know there is no real other way for college football to decide a champ but only losing once fucks you over. Not right.

Mantis
10-02-2016, 08:52 PM
You're crazy if you don't think Louisville has a chance at the final four. Yeah they don't control their own destiny, but still. Depending on what happens with Clemson (they could lose to FSU and then get upset by Pitt or something) and even what happens to other teams ahead of them, there is an outside chance. The only tough game remaining on their schedule is Houston, so that could be a huge win for them. If they win out and beat Houston in convincing fashion, even if Clemson doesn't falter, there's a small chance both Clemson and Louisville make it in considering how close their game with each other was. Big 12 likely won't have a team in the playoffs, so you gotta hope for some more shakeup in the Pac 12 so that their conference champ isn't more deserving than Louisville.

Da Gyps
10-02-2016, 09:08 PM
Teams will lose games, happens every year. Probably 2 undefeated teams max would be my guess.

Da Gyps
10-02-2016, 09:10 PM
You're crazy if you don't think Louisville has a chance at the final four. Yeah they don't control their own destiny, but still. Depending on what happens with Clemson (they could lose to FSU and then get upset by Pitt or something) and even what happens to other teams ahead of them, there is an outside chance. The only tough game remaining on their schedule is Houston, so that could be a huge win for them. If they win out and beat Houston in convincing fashion, even if Clemson doesn't falter, there's a small chance both Clemson and Louisville make it in considering how close their game with each other was. Big 12 likely won't have a team in the playoffs, so you gotta hope for some more shakeup in the Pac 12 so that their conference champ isn't more deserving than Louisville.

You can just go ahead and etch that in stone tbqh.

The Cheat
10-03-2016, 07:54 PM
Can they make it? Yes. Will they? No. The powers that be don't want to see two of the four spots filled with people from same conference.

Mantis
10-03-2016, 08:30 PM
Can they make it? Yes. Will they? No. The powers that be don't want to see two of the four spots filled with people from same conference unless it's the SEC.

ftfy

The Cheat
10-04-2016, 07:37 PM
ftfy

True...i mean it is the best...but even so the NCAA tries as hard as it can to not have that happen.

I mean that is just boring. It is like having Duke Vs UNC in final four of march madness. Boring.

Da Gyps
10-04-2016, 07:56 PM
Duke always get a hand job from the selection committee.

Da Gyps
10-08-2016, 09:41 PM
So I know Oregon isn't good this year but damn.

Hugh
10-09-2016, 12:26 AM
The Ducks suck. I think the Huskies are a legit contender this year but even the Cougars hung 50 on them.
I'm sure meat isn't happy.

Da Gyps
10-09-2016, 09:32 AM
Cougs just demolished Stanford too. Apple game might be exciting this year.

Mantis
10-09-2016, 09:57 AM
Stanford is just struggling with the whole state of Washington. Gameday coming to Madison next week, so that's exciting I guess. Our passing game was anemic yesterday, so that needs to improve, or Wisconsin will just sell out on stopping the run and we'll have a repeat of last year against MSU.

Da Gyps
10-09-2016, 01:12 PM
Wisconsin sucks.

Mantis
10-09-2016, 04:33 PM
Wisconsin's offense sucks.

ftfy

Da Gyps
10-09-2016, 04:34 PM
Their defense is okay I guess.

Mantis
10-09-2016, 04:37 PM
12 points per game, 4th in the nation, and not against slouches. I'd say it's a little more than okay.

Da Gyps
10-09-2016, 04:39 PM
Schedule tho

Mantis
10-14-2016, 09:45 PM
Roughing the kicker on 4th and 22 hands Louisville the game haha.

Mantis
10-15-2016, 03:21 PM
Sano? You okay?

Da Gyps
10-15-2016, 03:27 PM
Clemsoning alert

Da Gyps
10-15-2016, 03:40 PM
Maximum Clemson

Da Gyps
10-15-2016, 03:43 PM
COLLEGE KICKERSSssssss

Mantis
10-15-2016, 03:44 PM
Clemson trying to pull a TN with a bullshit lucky win. Fuck. Kicker is from Michigan. Figures.

Da Gyps
10-15-2016, 03:57 PM
Clemsoning averted

Mantis
10-15-2016, 06:32 PM
Is this Bama game really surprising anyone? TN has been awful all season. Luck's not gonna last forever. Still waiting to see if A&M is actually any good, which we will find out when they play Bama. Right now I'm inclined to believe that Bama is the only team in the SEC with a pulse, despite what inflated rankings say.

Da Gyps
10-15-2016, 07:48 PM
No. Bama is great and Tenn sucks. Great post in general Mantis. Completely agree. I think Bama will roll A&M fwiw.

Mantis
10-17-2016, 04:22 PM
"Let's say two uncomfortable truths about Alabama and the SEC.

First, Alabama is very good. Ohio State fans may want to explain Alabama's dominance away or qualify it as they can. Yes, Alabama gets mulligans no other program gets. The 2011 national championship stands out as an egregious second chance no other program would get (or should get). Yes, Alabama goes out of its way to eschew home-and-homes and to schedule non-conference games in its own backyard (e.g. Atlanta, Arlington) that are more accessible for it than its visitors. It's cynical while it's red meat for sportswriters. Personally, I'm not convinced Alabama is that great this year. I see important weaknesses, a true freshman quarterback among them.

All are beside the point. Alabama may not be that great, but no other program is as thoroughly good in every facet of the game. It shows every week. Alabama deserves to have all the first-place votes it has right now. Only Michigan stands between Alabama and a clean sweep of all No. 1 votes in the AP Poll. They're the safest pick to repeat as national champions in January. Saying anything else would be motivated reasoning.

The second uncomfortable truth: the SEC is garbage. The SEC East is cold, wet garbage that has fallen face-first in all its encounters with the other division. This holds even for Florida, a team with a great defense but rotates a Purdue refugee to quarterback its garbage offense. Tennessee has played like garbage to begin the season and only got called out for its garbage in its past two games.

The SEC West, far from the "toughest division in college football", is also garbage (Alabama notwithstanding). Auburn is garbage in a sweater vest. LSU fired its coach for being garbage. Ole Miss is 3-3 and all 3-3 teams are garbage. Ergo, Ole Miss is garbage. Mississippi State? $4-million-dollar, last-place garbage. Arkansas? Lose-to-Toledo, need-a-fourth-quarter-rally-to-beat-Louisiana-Tech garbage. Texas A&M? Momentarily undefeated but morphs from Cinderella into garbage when September becomes October. The transformation into garbage will start this Saturday when Texas A&M and its garbage No. 98 total defense travel to Tuscaloosa.

Let this conversation stand at odds with what the AP voters think. Seven other programs from Alabama's garbage conference are ranked in the poll. Some of these rankings are quite comical. Auburn is 4-2 with wins over Arkansas State, UL Monroe, a garbage Mississippi State team, and an LSU team that played like garbage, is garbage, and immediately fired its coach afterward. This Auburn team is the AP No. 18.

Ole Miss is 3-3. Its three wins are over Wofford, a decent American Athletic team (Memphis), and a garbage Georgia team from the worst division in football. This team is the AP No. 23.

LSU is 4-2. Two of its wins come from an FCS squad and a 4-3 Conference-USA team. It also beat Missouri and Mississippi State, which might as well be garbage Conference-USA teams. This is now the AP No. 25.

We should ask ourselves why we think the SEC is entitled to eight teams in any given AP Poll. Do voters do this cynically to make Alabama look good by association? That any Alabama loss—and there's always one somewhere—gets an immediate qualifier because so much of its conference is also ranked?

I think we're at a point where this is both unnecessary and motivated reasoning. Alabama looks good by itself. The rest of the conference looks good because of Alabama. If the SEC looks like garbage without Alabama, it's because it is."

Truth bombs being dropped!

The Cheat
10-17-2016, 10:39 PM
Oh look. The ohio st fan hyping up his team by saying "You iz the dumb. We are bestest team! Numba 1."

In other news the sky is blue. Just like every other ohio st fan.

Funny how pretty much NO ONE ever bashes Ohio st (that much) yet mantis is always like "WE da best! you are doo doo!"

Just like every other ohio st fan I have ever met.

I'm going to bed. Gyps, I leave this to you

Mantis
10-19-2016, 03:29 PM
Oh look. The ohio st fan hyping up his team by saying "You iz the dumb. We are bestest team! Numba 1."

In other news the sky is blue. Just like every other ohio st fan.

Funny how pretty much NO ONE ever bashes Ohio st (that much) yet mantis is always like "WE da best! you are doo doo!"

Just like every other ohio st fan I have ever met.

I'm going to bed. Gyps, I leave this to you

Funny how that has literally never been said by me and how it doesn't say it there either haha (which I didn't write, hence the quotes). I never said we are the best team. Ever. Neither did the article. You're "special," Cheat.

"No other program is as thoroughly good in every facet of the game. It shows every week. Alabama deserves to have all the first-place votes it has right now." Must have glossed over that part, eh Cheat?

The Cheat
10-19-2016, 07:30 PM
i admit i didn't read the article. I just assume everything you post (when it comes to football) is trash. Just like you.

Fuck off. Point still stands.

Why has no one banned you yet?

Mantis
10-19-2016, 07:47 PM
i admit i didn't read the article. I just assume everything you post (when it comes to football) is trash. Just like you.

Fuck off. Point still stands.

"Oh shit, I was wrong in every possible way. Fuck you for bringing that to my attention."

You're cute.

Maverik
10-19-2016, 07:53 PM
I just assume everything you post (when it comes to football) is trash. Just like you.

"Oh shit, I was wrong in every possible way. Fuck you for bringing that to my attention."

You're cute.

he got one thing right

and then posted a very good follow up question

great post, Cheat

The Cheat
10-19-2016, 07:54 PM
What else am I suppose to say motherfucker?

I admit i only briefly read what you posted.

Not sure what else needs to be said other than I hate you so fucking much. Die.

Mantis
10-19-2016, 08:16 PM
What else am I suppose to say motherfucker?

I admit i only briefly read what you posted.

Not sure what else needs to be said other than I hate you so fucking much. Die.

You're such a delight.

Da Gyps
10-22-2016, 11:42 PM
inb4mantisrefpost

Maverik
10-22-2016, 11:51 PM
pure quality

Gryph
10-22-2016, 11:57 PM
<Yes chants begin now>

Gryph
10-23-2016, 12:04 AM
i keep refreshing my user cp hoping to see the wall of incoming text.

Sanosuke
10-23-2016, 03:26 AM
I feel so bad for mantis because tOSU is actually not bad like UGA.

Mantis
10-23-2016, 08:47 AM
It's always funny seeing all of the haters come out of the woodwork any time OSU loses. I was at a wedding out of town, so I only got to see the 4th quarter. I kind of expected us to lose since literally any time I can't watch the game at my house, we lose.

"I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious."

So yeah, I got to see us implode on special teams, which is the only reason we lost the game. Looking at the stats, it looks like we handled them in every other facet of the game. It's definitely tough to take the youngest team in football on the road in back to back night games in two of the toughest environments in football after both teams came off a bye week and had 2 weeks to prepare. Blocked punt leads to FG, blocked FG return for TD is obviously the difference there. The lack of a PI call on that deep ball on our final drive doesn't help either I guess (you're welcome, Gyps), but we shouldn't have put ourselves in a position for that to matter.

Hopefully this loss is good for our team in that it puts a chip on their shoulder. Penn State is a good team and I'm sure they'll be ranked next week. They're not better than us, but they're still a good team that made some crucial special teams plays at the end of the game. The game doesn't have any implications on the playoffs imo since we can still win out and be in the playoffs. I'm not saying we will, but at least we still control our own destiny. I wouldn't be surprised if we slip up again though. The B1G is a fucking gauntlet and coming into the season I never expected us to make the playoffs this year.

Da Gyps
10-23-2016, 08:54 AM
It would have been better if you saw the whole game. I can't believe Penn state won, and yeah, that was a horrible no call I was stunned by it.

Gryph
10-23-2016, 10:55 AM
I even admitted to Gyps on FB that no call was horse shit, but PSU absolutely manhandled the OSU Line, they were just collapsing the pocket with just a basic 4 front consistently on every play, I was pretty surprised.

Saint
10-23-2016, 11:56 AM
How are the Dantonio's this bad? They are terrible at every phase

Also, OSU is still playoff bound if they win out the rest of the year, but that is looking unlikely

Mantis
10-23-2016, 04:21 PM
How are the Dantonio's this bad? They are terrible at every phase

Also, OSU is still playoff bound if they win out the rest of the year, but that is looking unlikely

Losing their QB has obviously hurt. Last year they played above their talent level and they squeezed out close games (fuck you and your windmill arm, MSU kicker). This year they're playing below it. They'll still probably get up for their big games though against Michigan and OSU. They always do.

Da Gyps
10-23-2016, 04:25 PM
They are not even making a bowl game, but it wouldn't surprise me if they pulled out a miracle win...

Mantis
11-01-2016, 09:22 PM
5 B1G teams in the top 12 of the first playoff rankings. Interesting. Not buying Penn State at 12. Not buying A&M at 4 or LSU at 13 either haha.

Maverik
11-01-2016, 09:29 PM
Michigan should be 2 and Washington should be 3

Sanosuke
11-03-2016, 06:52 AM
I mean TAMU is kinda impressive, idc how you slice it. It just sucks because their one loss it to Bama which means they won't get in the SEC championship so they can get jumped pretty easily.

Mantis
11-03-2016, 08:47 PM
TAMU is good, but aside from Bama who railed them, the only decent team they've really played is Auburn (I don't consider TN legit at all as they easily could/should have a losing record).

Sanosuke
11-04-2016, 07:29 AM
Yeah but Auburn and Alabama is a better resume than Washington...

Mantis
11-04-2016, 03:42 PM
Yeah but Auburn and Alabama is a better resume than Washington...

Well they lost to Bama so nothing impressive about that. You're right though, Washington's resume is complete trash, but they're still undefeated and have looked pretty impressive along the way. You can't play teams that aren't on your schedule. The PAC 12 is hot garbage as a whole. I don't think we'll find out if Washington is legit until the playoffs because I think they will be there when all is said and done.

Da Gyps
11-05-2016, 10:19 AM
If Washington stays undefeated there is no way the committee can keep them out.

Mantis
11-05-2016, 12:33 PM
Go Miss St go!

Da Gyps
11-05-2016, 12:33 PM
TELL ME MORE ABOUT ELITE TEAM TAMU THAT LOST TO THE ONLY GOOD TEAM THEY PLAYED AND IS CURRENTLY TRAILING TO FOOTBALL GODS MISS STATE.

q

Mantis
11-05-2016, 01:25 PM
The best part is that right before the game they were talking about how the SEC West is the best conference in football. TAMU getting rocked, Ole Miss struggling with Georgia Southern and Auburn tied with Vandy.

Lololol

Can't wait to see Miss St ranked 4 in next week's rankings...

Mantis
11-05-2016, 01:38 PM
Blatant block in the back missed call gives TAMU 7 free points before the half. Classic.

Mantis
11-05-2016, 03:23 PM
Damnit Vandy almost did it. Auburn isn't that great.

Just Bama in the entire SEC as far as great teams. Would be awesome if Auburn beat Bama though since they usually play them somewhat close.

Da Gyps
11-05-2016, 08:36 PM
Goodbye TAMU.

There is something perversely enjoyable about LSU Bama defensive struggles. I honestly hope this hits half 0-0.

Da Gyps
11-05-2016, 08:46 PM
Verne referenced 9-6. *feelings intensify*

Da Gyps
11-05-2016, 10:38 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cwi8XeMUAAA53Qi.jpg

Mantis
11-05-2016, 10:44 PM
Bama with a TD gifted to them by the refs.

Sanosuke
11-05-2016, 11:01 PM
Fuck TAMU for making me look dumb

Da Gyps
11-05-2016, 11:17 PM
Bama with a TD gifted to them by the refs.

That was the most obvious holding call in the world.

Mantis
11-05-2016, 11:39 PM
Well this was a pleasant surprise from Ohio State. I thought we'd win, but I didn't think we would cover the 17 point spread. Now we're gonna basically quadruple it haha.

Sanosuke
11-06-2016, 10:36 AM
So happy Florida lost. I have had a shit season as a fan. Jacob Eason could over throw North Korea, granted we have no true WRs but that kids arm is too good. He needs to figure out how much oompf to put on a pass this summer.

Mantis
11-06-2016, 12:44 PM
I thought Eason was the second coming of Jesus though...

Da Gyps
11-06-2016, 01:26 PM
Well this was a pleasant surprise from Ohio State. I thought we'd win, but I didn't think we would cover the 17 point spread. Now we're gonna basically quadruple it haha.

tOSU controls their own destiny I believe. Win out and they are in. Penn State is going to win out though, which is interesting and likely creates a three way tie in the Big East if tOSU beats Michigan.

@Sano: Too bad Kentucky might not win the SEC East now. That would have been hilarious.

Sanosuke
11-06-2016, 03:39 PM
I thought Eason was the second coming of Jesus though...

He is, he just needs to grow into being jesus.

Mantis
11-06-2016, 05:06 PM
Let's talk about this latest AP poll. First of all, how does Louisville jump us after we beat a top 10 team by 60 points and they beat fucking Boston College? lol

Auburn almost loses to Vandy and moves up in the rankings. TAMU loses to a Miss St team with a losing record and only drops 3 spots. LSU scores ZERO points and only drops 4 spots... their third loss. Yup no SEC bias there. :)

Saint
11-06-2016, 05:12 PM
Nah FSU is still ranked with 3 loses

Not like it matters though, there are zero fucks given about anyone not in the top 6

KBHoleN1
11-06-2016, 06:49 PM
Let's talk about this latest AP poll. First of all, how does Louisville jump us after we beat a top 10 team by 60 points and they beat fucking Boston College? lol

Auburn almost loses to Vandy and moves up in the rankings. TAMU loses to a Miss St team with a losing record and only drops 3 spots. LSU scores ZERO points and only drops 4 spots... their third loss. Yup no SEC bias there. :)

Louisville was #5 in last week's AP poll, too. The top 6 didn't change in the AP poll. I think you're confusing them with the CFP rankings.

Maverik
11-06-2016, 06:51 PM
I think in the grand scheme of things, Louisville should be one spot ahead anyways.

Their 1 loss is to #3 Clemson, OSU's is to #12 PSU

Mantis
11-07-2016, 06:04 PM
Louisville was #5 in last week's AP poll, too. The top 6 didn't change in the AP poll. I think you're confusing them with the CFP rankings.

I guess I must have been. I'm surprised they were ahead of us to begin with seeing as how their only win against a decent team was against FSU, they won on basically a last second touchdown throw against freaking Virginia, and we have wins against three top 10 teams. The only argument you could possibly make is that their loss was better than ours, but PSU won based on what was a completely epic collapse on special teams after we were up 14 in the 4th quarter.

None of it really matters in the grand scheme of things though because if we win out (which is going to be really tough as admittedly I think Michigan is scary as fuck this year) then we are in.

Maverik
11-07-2016, 06:14 PM
I feel like they always defer to 'quality' of losses over wins over 'quality' teams

Mantis
11-12-2016, 07:52 PM
Lol Auburn. Not really that surprising. They haven't looked too impressive all year really, especially for an alleged top 10 team.

Mantis
11-12-2016, 08:30 PM
Clemsoning! haha

They should have Clemson'd against NC State too. If they still make the playoff that would be kind of sad.

Saint
11-12-2016, 11:08 PM
That awkward moment when you want to laugh at all these ranked teams losing but you're struggling against iowa...

good start to this 2nd half

Mantis
11-12-2016, 11:20 PM
The even more awkward moment where you have to rely on fucking Michigan to beat Iowa to keep B1G championship hopes alive because of special team fluke loss.

Saint
11-13-2016, 12:24 AM
fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck

Mantis
11-13-2016, 12:29 AM
Fuck Michigan. Useless.

Sanosuke
11-13-2016, 08:59 AM
Fuck Auburn. The season is still abysmal but we beat Auburn. I'll take it.

Da Gyps
11-13-2016, 10:11 AM
Fuck Michigan. Useless.

With what happened yesterday I think tOSU gets in the playoff if they win out.

Mantis
11-13-2016, 10:14 AM
Bucks won by 60. Michigan, Clemson and Washington all lost and the Bucks now have less of a shot of getting in the playoff. Logic.

EDIT: Gypsy, that's how it SHOULD work, but I'd feel much better if we controlled our own destiny. If Penn State winds up being this year's MSU and somehow makes it to the playoff where they have absolutely no business being, I'm going to lose it.

Da Gyps
11-13-2016, 10:17 AM
Penn State would get skull effed by Bama.

Mantis
11-13-2016, 10:34 AM
Penn State would get skull effed by Bama.

Exactly. Last year I truly believe we would have beat Bama again to win the championship back to back. This year I think Bama is the better team, but we should at least have a shot at them over fucking Penn State.

Sanosuke
11-15-2016, 12:32 PM
Did we every figure out what happened to Michigan State?

Mantis
11-15-2016, 07:23 PM
Did we every figure out what happened to Michigan State?

You mean as far as them sucking huge cock?

Sanosuke
11-15-2016, 08:04 PM
Yes

Mantis
11-15-2016, 08:08 PM
Well to start, they really weren't that great last year. They barely won a bunch of their games, and obviously shouldn't have been in the playoffs.

This year, they lost Connor Cook, who although was a huge douchebag, was a decent college QB. That's the biggest problem I see is their QB play.

Da Gyps
11-15-2016, 09:36 PM
Their defense is a big problem too.

Da Gyps
11-19-2016, 02:17 PM
What's going on in Lansing? :help:

Mantis
11-19-2016, 03:49 PM
What's going on in Lansing? :help:

Exactly what I and a lot of other Ohio State fans expected. MSU has our number, they're better than their record suggests, our play-calling is always ultra conservative (aka shitty) against them, they have nothing to lose and will try any trick play they can come up with, and the weather is horrid. Same shit every year.

Da Gyps
11-19-2016, 04:21 PM
Got out alive.

Mantis
11-19-2016, 04:22 PM
Fuck you Sparty!!

Da Gyps
11-19-2016, 04:53 PM
http://michiganstate.247sports.com/Board/Michigan-State-Spartans-Message-Board-Forum-93

nomnomnom

Lex
11-19-2016, 08:17 PM
Tonight we are all Jayhawks.

Da Gyps
11-19-2016, 08:23 PM
My dick is out

Da Gyps
11-19-2016, 08:24 PM
Also Texas twitter is probably racist af right about now

Da Gyps
11-19-2016, 08:55 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxqqzadWIAASSyc.jpg

Mantis
11-20-2016, 04:44 PM
It's so refreshing to finally see the B1G dominating the rankings instead of the SEC. The difference is we earned it throughout the season, whereas the SEC is just given it during every pre-season rankings where they overrate every SEC team other than Bama.

Saint
11-26-2016, 12:36 PM
My body is ready.

John o'noddle arm better not throw multiple picks

Demicos
11-26-2016, 03:52 PM
Holy shit we needed that pick.

Maverik
11-26-2016, 04:23 PM
lulz that kick

Saint
11-26-2016, 04:35 PM
Brb drinking bleach

Saint
11-26-2016, 04:37 PM
My blood pressure is through the roof

Da Gyps
11-26-2016, 04:50 PM
Congrats Mantis

Maverik
11-26-2016, 04:50 PM
Speight looked awful.

Was he this bad before he got knocked around?

Maverik
11-26-2016, 04:51 PM
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLq

Maverik
11-26-2016, 04:52 PM
Congrats Mantis

nice

Saint
11-26-2016, 05:08 PM
This is fucked up

Saint
11-26-2016, 05:11 PM
Why can't we ever close out in Columbus

Demicos
11-26-2016, 05:13 PM
Holy shit, what a game!

OSU played awfully too and we still won.

Maverik
11-26-2016, 05:40 PM
not really

Michigan's D is just very good

Speight was bad

was a good game overall though

Mantis
11-26-2016, 07:17 PM
Our offense was definitely playing like shit. Can't give all the credit to Michigan's defense. Prince was getting steamrolled all game and Barrett never had any time to do anything until the 4th quarter and OT. Then he kept missing throws and we missed 2 easy FGs. That's on us, not their defense.

Harbaby complaining about the calls when there was literally ONE bad missed call at the beginning of the game that should have been flagged for defensive PI. The other two things he bitched about he was just wrong. The one he said was uncatchable was easily catchable by an athletic Samuel who didn't even need to jump very high to go up and grab it if he wasn't getting held down. Also JT got that first down, though not by much. I liked the call to go for that btw, even though my family didn't. Harbaugh can suck a fat one.

Maverik
11-26-2016, 07:43 PM
Barrett isn't a good QB.

He won you guys the game with his playmaking, but his arm sucks.

KBHoleN1
11-26-2016, 08:12 PM
Of course Mantis thinks the officiating was good. 2 penalties for 6 yards. That's incredible in a regulation game, much less 2OT. The missed PI in the 2OT was probably the biggest missed call because it forced UM to kick a field goal, and is pretty ridiculous considering it was a mirror image of the foul that UM got called for on the game-tying drive. Defender makes early contact, hooks with the right arm and begins to turn the receiver before the ball arrives. That was a brutal no-call.

That said, the QB play lost the game. Three crucial turnovers that turned a blowout into a nail biter. But I can understand Harbaugh being upset by the way the refs called the game.

Mantis
11-26-2016, 08:27 PM
Of course Mantis thinks the officiating was good. 2 penalties for 6 yards. That's incredible in a regulation game, much less 2OT. The missed PI in the 2OT was probably the biggest missed call because it forced UM to kick a field goal, and is pretty ridiculous considering it was a mirror image of the foul that UM got called for on the game-tying drive. Defender makes early contact, hooks with the right arm and begins to turn the receiver before the ball arrives. That was a brutal no-call.

That said, the QB play lost the game. Three crucial turnovers that turned a blowout into a nail biter. But I can understand Harbaugh being upset by the way the refs called the game.

That was a bang bang play. That probably doesn't get called more often than it would get called. Also pointing out that we weren't heavily penalized means jack shit. Just because you're not flagged much doesn't mean you're committing penalties. Michigan was flagged more because they committed more penalties. Plain and simple. They could have been called for a lot of holding on offense that they were letting them get away with as well.

There was only one bad missed call early in the first quarter that should have been flagged and wasn't. Would have continued their drive, but they weren't even in field goal range at the time, so hard to say if it really would have even had an impact. You have to expect there's going to be at least one bad call in a game. The only time I've ever complained about officiating is when there are multiple (at LEAST three or four) egregiously bad calls in pretty crucial situations all in favor of the same team.

Refs made about as small of an impact on that game as I've seen from any football game all year.

KBHoleN1
11-26-2016, 08:33 PM
I think both of those end game PI calls are take-it-or-leave-it calls, and both went against UM. That makes an impact because of time and score. I would argue that 6 penalty yards is so extraordinary that you have to wonder about it. There weren't super terrible calls, and if Michigan hadn't shit the bed with those turnovers they still could have won easily. You can't expect the defense to hold down OhioState the entire game.

Maverik
11-26-2016, 09:42 PM
I mean, mantis always wants to talk about the #refconspiracy, but Speight lost that game. Michigan (outside of Speight) outplayed OSU and all Speight had to do was not fuck up.

I don't think the game was called poorly by any means.

Speight was terrible.

Mantis
11-26-2016, 10:15 PM
http://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/harbaugh-calling-out-officiating

Holy shit I've never seen so many stupid, misguided, butthurt people all in one place. I had to stop reading I was losing so many brain cells.

I don't want to make an account, but someone needs to post these pictures in the thread haha.

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/forum/ohio-state-football/2016/11/77265/photo-proof-jt-got-the-first-down

Da Gyps
11-26-2016, 11:37 PM
This is like Mantis calling alternate versions of himself out, amazing.

Da Gyps
11-26-2016, 11:38 PM
I mean, mantis always wants to talk about the #refconspiracy, but Speight lost that game. Michigan (outside of Speight) outplayed OSU and all Speight had to do was not fuck up.

I don't think the game was called poorly by any means.

Speight was terrible.

Both QBs were complete ass but Barrett can run.

Maverik
11-27-2016, 12:45 AM
very true

Barrett won that game

Sanosuke
11-27-2016, 07:39 AM

Dead

Mantis
11-27-2016, 11:20 AM

Not even close to being true. I'm a realist in all aspects of my life, including sports, and including referees. When I'm watching my teams play and we get a favorable call or no-call, I always say something about it to whomever I'm watching with.

Reds suck, Bengals are mediocre at best and will continue this trend until Marvin is fired and we get a better O-line, Ohio State basketball is extremely meh right now. The only team I cheer for that is actually good is Buckeye football, but I'm still realistic in their limitations.

JT is a good overall QB, but far from great and is continuing to let us down in the passing game. Out O-line needs some major work if we're going to compete against DLs like Bama's, especially with Prince being a weak link. Our DL needs to get more pressure on QBs and our WRs need to be more consistent in creating space for JT to throw to.

Do I think last year's Ohio State team was the best college football team? Yes. I think if we were in the playoffs and didn't play ultra conservative against MSU because of shit weather, we would have repeated as champions. That's not unrealistic. We had the best team.

Do I think this year's Ohio State team is the best college football team? No. Youngest team in college football. Way too inexperienced, even with a full season under their belt. Bama is the best team. That doesn't mean they're unbeatable, but if I had to put money on a team it would be them.

Da Gyps
11-27-2016, 11:34 AM
My post was 100% about you laughing at UM fans being mad about borderline calls when you do the same thing every week in the NFL thread. And I mean, we all do to an extent. That's part of watching sports.

Basically all fan sites are complete crap after a big loss, that's to be expected. tOSU after the Mich St loss last year I mean...there were death threats aimed at tOSU players among other things. Obviously you didn't, but when you look at twitter and fan forums, it was brutal.

Anyway, we will see what happens now. I know they want conference champions but it was obvious to anyone watching that tOSU was better than Penn State.

Sanosuke
12-04-2016, 10:25 AM
If tOSU is in and Penn State isn't then the committee is silly.

They have the conference championship and the head to head over tOSU.

Mantis
12-04-2016, 10:57 AM
If tOSU is in and Penn State isn't then the committee is silly.

They have the conference championship and the head to head over tOSU.

Ohio State has 3 top 10 wins, more than any other team in the country, including two on the road. Their ONE loss is to a top 10 team as well. Penn State lost to Pitt, which is already a worse loss than ours. They also lost to Michigan... by 39 FUCKING POINTS. Oh btw, Ohio State beat Michigan. One loss Ohio State versus two worse losses for Penn State. Better SOS, better wins, better loss, fewers losses. The committee has already said they only use conference championships and head to heads when their resumes are otherwise very similar as a sort of tiebreaker. Their resumes simply aren't similar enough when you look at their wins and losses (the two most important things obviously).

Penn State was only in said championship game because of a tiebreaker after a fluke win where they actually got handled during the game aside from the special teams flukes of a blocked FG returned for a TD and a punt block leading to another FG, and then a terrible no call on the pass interference when we were driving for the win. Here are the stats from that game:

Matchup
1st Downs 19OSU 13PSU
3rd down efficiency 9-22 2-13
4th down efficiency 1-2 0-1
Total Yards 413 276
Passing 245OSU 154PSU
Comp-Att 28-43Barrett 8-23McSorley
Yards per pass 5.7OSU 6.7PSU
Interceptions thrown 0 0 both
Rushing 168OSU 122PSU
Rushing Attempts 40 37
Yards per rush 4.2OSU 3.3PSU
Penalties 8-45OSU 1-5PSU that pass interfere was never call
Turnovers 0 1PSU
Fumbles lost 0 1PSU
Interceptions thrown 0 0
Possession 37:19OSU 22:41PSU

Total Yards

OSU413
276 PSU

Possession

22:41PSU 37:19OSU

Turnovers

OSU 0
PSU 1

1st Downs

OSU19
13 PSU

Even in the head to head, Ohio State was the better team. The better team doesn't always win, but the selection committee's job is still to put in the better teams. With all things considered, it would be pretty absurd to put in PSU instead of Ohio State. If they both had one loss, then I would sadly have to agree with you, but they don't. Penn State is still a good Cinderella story for the year, and they made it closer than most expected in the end. They should get rewarded for that with a trip to the Rose Bowl.

You can't call me a homer either, because the majority of analysts agree with everything I just said, as they should.

Da Gyps
12-04-2016, 11:18 AM
The good thing is the committee isn't retarded and Penn State shouldn't be in.

Sanosuke
12-05-2016, 02:10 AM
Ohio State has 3 top 10 wins, more than any other team in the country, including two on the road. Their ONE loss is to a top 10 team as well. Penn State lost to Pitt, which is already a worse loss than ours. They also lost to Michigan... by 39 FUCKING POINTS. Oh btw, Ohio State beat Michigan. One loss Ohio State versus two worse losses for Penn State. Better SOS, better wins, better loss, fewers losses. The committee has already said they only use conference championships and head to heads when their resumes are otherwise very similar as a sort of tiebreaker. Their resumes simply aren't similar enough when you look at their wins and losses (the two most important things obviously).

Penn State was only in said championship game because of a tiebreaker after a fluke win where they actually got handled during the game aside from the special teams flukes of a blocked FG returned for a TD and a punt block leading to another FG, and then a terrible no call on the pass interference when we were driving for the win. Here are the stats from that game:

Matchup
1st Downs 19OSU 13PSU
3rd down efficiency 9-22 2-13
4th down efficiency 1-2 0-1
Total Yards 413 276
Passing 245OSU 154PSU
Comp-Att 28-43Barrett 8-23McSorley
Yards per pass 5.7OSU 6.7PSU
Interceptions thrown 0 0 both
Rushing 168OSU 122PSU
Rushing Attempts 40 37
Yards per rush 4.2OSU 3.3PSU
Penalties 8-45OSU 1-5PSU that pass interfere was never call
Turnovers 0 1PSU
Fumbles lost 0 1PSU
Interceptions thrown 0 0
Possession 37:19OSU 22:41PSU

Total Yards

OSU413
276 PSU

Possession

22:41PSU 37:19OSU

Turnovers

OSU 0
PSU 1

1st Downs

OSU19
13 PSU

Even in the head to head, Ohio State was the better team. The better team doesn't always win, but the selection committee's job is still to put in the better teams. With all things considered, it would be pretty absurd to put in PSU instead of Ohio State. If they both had one loss, then I would sadly have to agree with you, but they don't. Penn State is still a good Cinderella story for the year, and they made it closer than most expected in the end. They should get rewarded for that with a trip to the Rose Bowl.

You can't call me a homer either, because the majority of analysts agree with everything I just said, as they should.

"Getting handled." Still lost.
"Fluke win" kinda like tOSU vs Mich if ANYBODY ELSE UNDER THE SUN plays QB for Michigan.

Pitt beat clemson. It's not a worse loss lol.

Better make sure I cherry pick all the stats from that game that don't matter like the final score.

Da Gyps
12-05-2016, 04:16 PM
Committee sided with Mantis.

Mantis
12-05-2016, 09:58 PM
"Getting handled." Still lost.
"Fluke win" kinda like tOSU vs Mich if ANYBODY ELSE UNDER THE SUN plays QB for Michigan.

Pitt beat clemson. It's not a worse loss lol.

Better make sure I cherry pick all the stats from that game that don't matter like the final score.

Pitt beat Clemson, which makes it a better loss than Penn State? That's like saying VT beat Ohio State two years ago so for any other team that lost to VT that year, it wasn't a bad loss. Pitt isn't awful, but they're certainly not a better loss than Penn State. Just by saying that you're siding with me that Penn State didn't belong in the playoffs and directly contradicting yourself, just like idiots Mark May and Danny Kanell that tried to argue for Penn State over OSU. You can't argue for them without contradicting yourself in another way. Anyone with a brain knew that wasn't the right choice. The media tried to drum it up as being really close as much as they could to make more people watch the selection show.

Hugh
12-06-2016, 04:15 PM
Chris Petersen is pretty impressive. After what he did at Boise State, and then in only 3 years he takes Washington, a program that has been garbage so long nobody even remembers when they were good, to the playoffs. Amazing.

Da Gyps
12-06-2016, 08:32 PM
He was smart to leave Boise, UW has a lot more resources plus a great campus which probably helps recruiting. He has certainly found a fine QB, and he has the kid for at least another year.

KBHoleN1
12-27-2016, 08:31 PM
So Temple was 10-3 and won the AAC. Wake was 6-6 and finished 5th in their division of the ACC (would have been 10th out of 14 teams overall). Wake took a 31-10 lead into halftime, lost their staring QB on the first drive of the 2nd half, and held on for a 34-26 victory. Temple had -20 yards rushing. NEGATIVE TWENTY YARDS RUSHING. For a team that averaged 191 per game.

Greendaybum5
12-28-2016, 06:06 PM
So Temple was 10-3 and won the AAC. Wake was 6-6 and finished 5th in their division of the ACC (would have been 10th out of 14 teams overall). Wake took a 31-10 lead into halftime, lost their staring QB on the first drive of the 2nd half, and held on for a 34-26 victory. Temple had -20 yards rushing. NEGATIVE TWENTY YARDS RUSHING. For a team that averaged 191 per game.

I went to Temple....Incredibly disappointing first half. 2nd half Temple dominated. That being said it's tough for teams who lose coaches after season to compete in bowl games. Everytime Temple starts to get good the head coach bolts to a bigger program. Super depressing.

Mantis
12-30-2016, 10:54 AM
Through 5 bowl games, the SEC has only won one game by one point, against Miami of fucking Ohio, only due to a game-winning FG attempt being blocked at the end. This is the same Miami of Ohio that has gone a combined 5-31 in the previous three years. So I guess if you can call that a win, that's their only win so far. Hilarious.

Maverik
12-31-2016, 04:35 PM
glad Lamar Jackson lost

I thought this was one of the weakest Heisman classes in recent history and think he's vastly overrated

Guice's truck on the Louisville kicker was fucking awesome. Poor guy.

Hugh
12-31-2016, 04:49 PM
Edit- wrong thread

Mantis
12-31-2016, 09:44 PM
Fire every coach on the offensive side of the ball. Please.

Also, wtf is this shit? http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2016/12/31/14137312/clemson-ohio-state-grab-christian-wilkins-fiesta-bowl-2016

Sanosuke
12-31-2016, 11:36 PM
Through 5 bowl games, the SEC has only won one game by one point, against Miami of fucking Ohio, only due to a game-winning FG attempt being blocked at the end. This is the same Miami of Ohio that has gone a combined 5-31 in the previous three years. So I guess if you can call that a win, that's their only win so far. Hilarious.

Throwing rocks in glass houses is fun.

Big Ten is 2-5 in bowl games with 3 to play
SEC is 5-5 in bowl games with 3 to play.

Hilarious.

Hugh
12-31-2016, 11:44 PM
I just watched the whole post game interview with Jalen Hurts. It was about 15 minutes long. The guy amazes me. Watching and listening to him, it's hard to believe he's only 18 and the QB of the best team in the country. It's not hard to imagine what he could be someday, though, considering what he is already.

Sanosuke
12-31-2016, 11:48 PM
I just watched the whole post game interview with Jalen Hurts. It was about 15 minutes long. The guy amazes me. Watching and listening to him, it's hard to believe he's only 18 and the QB of the best team in the country. It's not hard to imagine what he could be someday, though, considering what he is already.

I'm just glad as a player he's going through his growing pains already this season. If he can continue to develop as a player Alabama will probably end up winning the next two championships because he'll be the first QB that's athletic for Bama in maybe like the past 10+ years.

Mantis
01-01-2017, 12:09 AM
Throwing rocks in glass houses is fun.

Big Ten is 2-5 in bowl games with 3 to play
SEC is 5-5 in bowl games with 3 to play.

Hilarious.

Your mom's hilarious.

Seriously though, as embarrassing as OSU was tonight, the SEC collectively was trash this year outside of literally only Bama.

KBHoleN1
01-01-2017, 12:20 AM
You got shutout in the playoff. Shut up and go away.

Maverik
01-01-2017, 12:54 AM

maybe my favorite post ever

++++++++1

The Cheat
01-01-2017, 12:57 AM
As much as i want Bama to win...I don't think they beat the Tigers this year. Damn.

Mantis
01-01-2017, 12:21 PM

Congrats. The important thing is being such a gracious winner.

I think Clemson will beat Bama. Getting hot at the right time. Then again we made it look very easy for them with our play calling on offense. Same story, different year. We still miss you Tom Herman. :(

Da Gyps
01-01-2017, 01:08 PM
As much as i want Bama to win...I don't think they beat the Tigers this year. Damn.

wut

The Cheat
01-02-2017, 09:14 PM
wut

I'm sorry. I think they are the more complete team this year. I don't trust the offense of Bama.

KBHoleN1
01-02-2017, 09:18 PM
I think he was confused why you would want Bama to win. You hate every successful team ... ever.

In other news, this Penn State - USC game is entertaining. It's a shame Penn State didn't win their conference so they could play in the playoff.

The Cheat
01-02-2017, 09:20 PM
SEC > all others

Da Gyps
01-02-2017, 11:29 PM
I think he was confused why you would want Bama to win. You hate every successful team ... ever.

In other news, this Penn State - USC game is entertaining. It's a shame Penn State didn't win their conference so they could play in the playoff.

Both thing really because I feel Bama wins easily, but moreso what you are saying.

Sanosuke
01-03-2017, 09:50 AM

At least Penn St. showed up. Good thing tOSU was superior in every way and really showed why they deserved it.

Mantis
01-03-2017, 04:47 PM
Yes, OSU laid an egg in the most important game of the season due to horrendous play calling (which has been going on for years, but our talent usually made up for it), but to argue that PSU deserved a spot over OSU based on resumes is ridiculous. Also worth noting is that PSU's offense is largely dependent on home run plays, usually just jump balls (hence the 3 INTs yesterday). This year a large majority of those jump balls (or special teams plays in the case of the OSU game) went their way. Saquon Barkley is also a fucking beast and will be Zeke-like in the NFL. Having him again next season to lean on will be huge, but I don't expect them to have quite the same season next year, though I do still expect them to be good.

Thank God we are getting new coaches on offense for next year. Hopefully it brings a much needed breath of fresh air to the offense. So much talent, though young and inexperienced, it's a shame for it to be wasted with average coaching. We just need to open up the bank like other schools to get coaches that will match the quality of players.

Sanosuke
01-06-2017, 05:46 AM
Are you implying that Ohio State doesn't spend big money on coaches?

Mantis
01-06-2017, 05:16 PM
Compared to quite a few other big time programs, no.

Maverik
01-06-2017, 05:53 PM
you have the third-highest paid HC currently

trying for that number 1 spot?

Maverik
01-06-2017, 05:56 PM
and 7th highest AC payroll

so only Alabama and Michigan are ahead on total payroll

do you just pull this stuff out of your ass?

Maverik
01-06-2017, 05:57 PM
http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries

posting from phone

Mantis
01-07-2017, 01:17 AM
Pretty obvious that I wasn't referring to head coaches when I said we needed better quality coaches on offense. If you actually thought I meant Urban Meyer, then that's kind of funny.

KBHoleN1
01-07-2017, 01:20 AM
But they already have one of the highest paid staffs, head coach and assistants. What more do you want them to spend?

Mantis
01-07-2017, 12:37 PM
Can we take a second to actually go back to my posts and what I actually said?

I was only referring to the assistant coaches first of all, and I said "quite a few" other big time schools pay their assistants more. Six schools pay their assistants more, which fits in with the "quite a few" I mentioned earlier. All I was saying was that the cream of the crop programs in terms of brand, recruiting, overall success, etc would probably be Bama and Ohio State at 1 and 2, respectively. So you would think that those schools would likely also have the HIGHEST (meaning top 3-4 at least) quality and pay of assistant coaching as well to go along with the quality of players. I wasn't trying to imply that Ohio State wasn't anywhere in the realm of pay for assistants, obviously they're going to be.

It's pretty interesting though to see LSU at the top of the assistant coaching pay by a pretty wide margin, and yet they're still an average team. It's not surprising to see Clemson and Bama at 2 and 3. Those assistants are certainly earning that money.

Maverik
01-07-2017, 01:08 PM
backtracking like only mantis knows how to do it

#CONSPIRACIES

Maverik
01-07-2017, 01:12 PM
write a strongly-worded email to your AD to spend that extra 300k to get you into the top 4 AC budgets

recipe for success by mantis

Mantis
01-07-2017, 01:49 PM
Reinforcing your reasons for being on my ignore list like only Maverik (and probably KB soon) know how.

Maverik
01-07-2017, 03:35 PM
reality is tough for you :/

:p

Mantis
01-07-2017, 06:28 PM
http://www.theplayerstribune.com/jeffrey-okudah-ohio-state-mom/

This is really cool, from our newest recruit.

Saint
01-10-2017, 01:24 AM
Thank god

Sanosuke
01-10-2017, 05:13 AM
helluva football game. Bama choked it away

Da Gyps
01-10-2017, 08:37 AM
Wow!!!!! #UncleVerne

Maverik
01-10-2017, 04:36 PM
excited to see Peppers declare for the Draft

curious as to where Hulky sees him going

Sanosuke
01-11-2017, 10:29 AM
UGA hasn't recruited like this in my lifetime. Just hoping Kirby Smart can actually coach these studs he's recruiting and not be just a recruiter. I'd imagine they redshirt Jake Fromm so that there's a two year split between Eason and Fromm because honestly Fromm is good enough to compete for the starting job but I think Eason has the higher floor and ceiling.

Da Gyps
01-11-2017, 04:25 PM
UGA hasn't recruited like this in my lifetime. Just hoping Kirby Smart can actually coach these studs he's recruiting and not be just a recruiter. I'd imagine they redshirt Jake Fromm so that there's a two year split between Eason and Fromm because honestly Fromm is good enough to compete for the starting job but I think Eason has the higher floor and ceiling.

He's building Bama II. :-O

Sanosuke
01-12-2017, 05:12 AM
Except Bama II has QBs that can actually play.

Gryph
01-14-2017, 08:58 PM
Except Bama II has QBs that can actually play.

https://i.makeagif.com/media/7-30-2015/97wZ5L.gif

Maverik
01-24-2017, 09:54 PM
Michigan taking a page out of mantis' College Football 4 Dummiez book

Mantis
01-28-2017, 06:32 PM
http://usc.247sports.com/Board/29/Contents/Alabamas-Recruiting-Dominance-Continues-Wow-50860219

Obviously there's bagmen at a bunch of the top universities (including Ohio State I'm sure), but holy shit Bama... they're not even trying to hide it haha.

Zoticus
01-28-2017, 08:38 PM
I'm just patiently waiting for Bama to get raped by investigations.

Sanosuke
07-12-2017, 07:12 PM
Georgia has a chance to win the East but we have literal nobodies at WR this year. Nick Chubb and Sony Michel both returning is HUGE. Chubb is one entire football season removed from the knee injury and is probably going to be the best back in the SEC given the O-Line performs at least at a slightly above average level. Trenton Thompson and Roquan smith will be huge keys to success on defense for UGA. Jacob Eason will be the reason we either win footballs or lose them those. He's a pure natural passer with a massive arm and I'm excited for the season but with tempered expectations.

If Florida wins the East a third year in a row I don't know if my heart can handle it. Notre Dame is a good first test. If we win, and if we do, by how many points will be a big indication of where this team will go imo.

Sanosuke
07-12-2017, 07:12 PM
also where is gypsy?

Da Gyps
07-17-2017, 04:19 PM
also where is gypsy?

Hi

Sanosuke
07-17-2017, 09:56 PM
Hi

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSx

Da Gyps
07-17-2017, 11:21 PM
Are you ready for some football?

Sanosuke
07-18-2017, 02:39 AM
see above

inb4 Florida experiment with their new QB implodes

Da Gyps
07-18-2017, 06:27 PM
Anyone but Bama.

Sanosuke
07-18-2017, 07:38 PM
at this point, ya.

Gonna be funny to watch the SEC implode, saying this as the vehement UGA/SEC fan I am. Auburn is supposedly the only West contender to challenge Bama. Pretty sure Tennessee is going to embarrass itself against Georgia Tech. Florida doesn't know what it wants to do on offense. UGA has nobody at WR but everywhere else is pretty well stocked with talent. Pretty confident in a Bama vs UGA SEC championship.

Michigan vs Florida will be fun to watch tho.

Sanosuke
08-06-2017, 11:51 PM
why is penn state ranked #6

why is washington ranked #7? their only game is @Stanford....

why is LSU in the top 25? Why is Tennessee in the top 25?

Why is Michigan only at #9?

Why are these polls so dumb?

Saint
08-07-2017, 12:59 AM
Michigan is only returning 5 starters, #9 is fine

Da Gyps
08-11-2017, 04:22 PM

It will all sort itself out.

Sanosuke
08-20-2017, 09:28 PM
SOOOOOOOOONx

Da Gyps
08-20-2017, 10:40 PM
Less than two weeks aahahhhhhhhhh.

Sanosuke
08-26-2017, 04:10 PM
Gonna watch college football while waiting for the fight tonight.

Also lol @Florida. Zaire transfers from ND to UF and still can't win the job.

Da Gyps
08-26-2017, 09:19 PM
Gonna watch college football while waiting for the fight tonight.

Also lol @Florida. Zaire transfers from ND to UF and still can't win the job.

Bobo steamrolled Oregon State. Gaht dam.

Florida sucks.

Sanosuke
08-26-2017, 09:41 PM
fuck mike bobo

manonfire101
08-26-2017, 11:33 PM
Watched my Rams beat the shit out of Oregon State in the new stadium today. Good times.

Sanosuke
08-27-2017, 01:19 AM
Mike Bobo should make Colorado St throw up points in bunches, but fuck Mike Bobo.

Mantis
08-27-2017, 10:55 AM

I agree with everything you're questioning except Michigan. Last year was their year if they were planning on making any moves for a playoff contender imo. They lost so many seniors and upperclassmen that I would be shocked if they finished the year in the top 10 this year. Now that I've said that though, they'll probably somehow find a way to finally beat us this year and knock us out of the playoffs, because that's just how college football works, expect the unexpected.

I'm SOOOO amped for the game this Thursday. It sucks that I have to get up at 5 the next morning, but I'll gladly sacrifice some sleep to finally wash that terrible 35-0 taste out of my mouth. I can't remember the last time we opened up with a Big Ten game to start the season, and the fact that Kevin Wilson is our new OC opens up a cool story for the game. Theoretically we should win somewhat handily, but Indiana has been surprisingly playing us close for a few years now and it's the first game of the season, so you never know.

Da Gyps
08-30-2017, 04:32 PM
Posting for Mantis.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DIevlMbUwAImCD3.jpg

Mantis
08-30-2017, 09:06 PM
Urban's face is priceless there.

Sanosuke
08-31-2017, 02:40 AM
I'm so ready.

Da Gyps
08-31-2017, 09:04 AM
I'm so ready.

https://68.media.tumblr.com/1fba89ff4f503db485c758f1ec250645/tumblr_o52v5hT6R71utamaho1_500.gif

I'll be on the discord server tonight Sano.

Da Gyps
08-31-2017, 09:27 PM
omgomgomg

Sanosuke
08-31-2017, 09:54 PM
mantis on suicide watch

Da Gyps
08-31-2017, 09:57 PM
JT BARRETT 4 HEISMAnnn

Sanosuke
08-31-2017, 09:58 PM
dude he's so good

Mantis
09-01-2017, 07:48 PM
mantis on suicide watch
I definitely was for the majority of the game. I thought these new offensive coaches and play callers would turn things around instantly, but it appears that is not the case. I'm sure I was just expecting too much too soon, but still. That first half and part of the 3rd quarter was just atrocious. Indiana has a great passing game and we lost 3 first rounders in our secondary, so the mismatch in those regards was expected to play a role due to our inexperience, but nobody expected them to just throw at will the way they did most of the game. Next week is going to be a long game as well if we don't somehow miraculously tighten up in the secondary. It could be a bloodbath.

dude he's so good

Well over half of Ohio State fans can't wait for JT to go. I'm still on the fence. On one hand I want to see how the backups do (since they are highly coveted recruits that looked great in the spring game), but on the other hand I feel like with JT's experience and his ability to usually make clutch plays when we need them most, I want him to stick around.

Da Gyps
09-01-2017, 08:22 PM
I felt he was quite bad. That frosh RB is a stud though.

Mantis
09-01-2017, 08:58 PM
Oh yeah. I knew before yesterday that he was going to be special. I think he has the potential to even be a little better than Zeke. I followed his recruitment and watched his tapes and the things he does are insane. He also has the physique of someone who is older and been in a college weight room much longer. Freak athlete, powerful, fast, shifty. I think he's already better than our other RB, Weber, who I have never been a huge fan of.

That was Dobbins' first legitimate football game in a long time because he was injured his entire senior season. Still put on a show like he didn't skip a beat.

I was also very impressed with our D-line. NFL talent all the way through the 2-deep rotation. Best D-line in the country. Outside of Dobbins and our D-line though, I wasn't impressed by anything.

Sanosuke
09-01-2017, 10:22 PM
Legitimately called you saying he's better than Zeke when I was on Skype with gypsy watching the game. Also I was being super sarcastic about JT

Da Gyps
09-02-2017, 08:33 AM
Oh yeah. I knew before yesterday that he was going to be special. I think he has the potential to even be a little better than Zeke. I followed his recruitment and watched his tapes and the things he does are insane. He also has the physique of someone who is older and been in a college weight room much longer. Freak athlete, powerful, fast, shifty. I think he's already better than our other RB, Weber, who I have never been a huge fan of.

That was Dobbins' first legitimate football game in a long time because he was injured his entire senior season. Still put on a show like he didn't skip a beat.

I was also very impressed with our D-line. NFL talent all the way through the 2-deep rotation. Best D-line in the country. Outside of Dobbins and our D-line though, I wasn't impressed by anything.

I'd say Urban agrees with you, as Dobbins was pretty much the only RB he really used except for some other guys here and there to give him a breather.

As for the dline yeah Sano started watching late and I mentioned that the dline was ridiculous but the secondary was trash.

Mantis
09-02-2017, 10:33 AM
Legitimately called you saying he's better than Zeke when I was on Skype with gypsy watching the game. Also I was being super sarcastic about JT

I know you think I'm saying it because I'm a "homer," but I'm being realistic when I draw the comparison. I'd never say that about our other RBs that were high level recruits out of high school. Dobbins just fits the mold as that all-purpose back that is not just about power, but finesse, skill, speed, catching and blocking ability, etc.

Btw I was fully aware of the sarcasm about JT. I know you were saying he's trash because when it comes to passing, most of the time he is. He will never play a down as a QB in the NFL.

Wtf was up with that Washington Rutgers game last night? Rutgers won in basically many facets of the game other than the two that matter most (points and turnovers). Without the two turnovers and punt return for TD, Rutgers win that game and they're scraping near the bottom of the Big Ten every year. They had more first downs, three times as many third down conversions, nearly TWICE the time of possession. I thought for sure Rutgers would get blown out.

Sanosuke
09-02-2017, 10:41 AM
If tOSU can recruit actual quarterbacks, they'd have a higher floor as a team. And I feel like dobbins needs a bigger body of work before he gets compared to Zeke. He ran all over a shit tier Indiana team. I'd much rather see how he plays in the Michigan game later in the year when both teams are on full cylinders.

manonfire101
09-02-2017, 01:01 PM
There are few things in the world better than waking up on a Saturday morning and watching college football. Even if the Rams and Jayhawks always suck.

Mantis
09-02-2017, 01:11 PM
Indiana is probably a better team than people give them credit for (especially offensively), but I definitely agree that we need to see how he plays against elite teams. I think he will be fine. He was getting better as the game progressed, he can make people miss and bounce off of some tackles as well.

We don't have to wait long to find out how he does against an elite team since we play Oklahoma next week. Sure, they're more known for offense than defense, but top 10 is top 10.

At this point I actually think we might lose next week. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Also: lol @ Texas. Big 12 defenses back at it again.

Sanosuke
09-02-2017, 01:21 PM
There are few things in the world better than waking up on a Saturday morning and watching college football. Even if the Rams and Jayhawks always suck.

You're 100% right.

Indiana is probably a better team than people give them credit for (especially offensively), but I definitely agree that we need to see how he plays against elite teams. I think he will be fine. He was getting better as the game progressed, he can make people miss and bounce off of some tackles as well.

We don't have to wait long to find out how he does against an elite team since we play Oklahoma next week. Sure, they're more known for offense than defense, but top 10 is top 10.

At this point I actually think we might lose next week. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Mmm, I just think Week 1-3 games are a lot different than mid season games. I think he'll have a tough test against OU but I think he'll be fine.

manonfire101
09-02-2017, 01:24 PM

Texas is always overrated. Don't slam all Big 12 teams for that.

Mantis
09-02-2017, 01:27 PM
But Big 12 defenses are notoriously bad... this isn't anything new. I'm not saying Big 12 teams are bad, just defenses for the most part.

manonfire101
09-02-2017, 01:29 PM
Probably has something to do with them typically having better offenses than other conferences as well. Maybe mention both sides next time.

Mantis
09-02-2017, 01:33 PM
But are they actually better offenses? Or does it just look that way based on the bad defenses in the conference?

Trollololol

Da Gyps
09-02-2017, 01:35 PM
Things like # of possessions matter. A big 12 game generally has a fair bit more on average than an SEC game. Also check last bowl season. Big 12 was pretty solid.

Da Gyps
09-02-2017, 01:35 PM
Elite SEC defense on display from Missouri.

Mantis
09-02-2017, 01:36 PM
But are they actually better offenses? Or does it just look that way based on the bad defenses in the conference?

Trollololol

Before manon freaks out.

Fun fact: Maryland scored a COMBINED 20 points against Ohio State, Michigan, and Penn State last year in 180 minutes of play. Already 30 (should be more) in the first half against Texas. Poor Tom Herman.

Da Gyps
09-02-2017, 01:42 PM
Maryland's QB isn't even good. Texas just couldn't stop the run and basically conceded the pass. Lol.

Sanosuke
09-02-2017, 01:48 PM
Before manon freaks out.

Fun fact: Maryland scored a COMBINED 20 points against Ohio State, Michigan, and Penn State last year in 180 minutes of play. Already 30 (should be more) in the first half against Texas. Poor Tom Herman.

why would you hand pick literally the three best teams in the Big Ten to support your argument when Texas isn't at the level of any of those teams?

Da Gyps
09-02-2017, 01:49 PM
Because it suits his argument. Also MD has a different QB this year and a non-offensive TD in this game.

manonfire101
09-02-2017, 01:52 PM
Well let's go by bowl games last season then.

Big 12
Record: 4-2
Points Scored Avg: 29.0
Points Allowed Avg: 21.5

Big 10
Record: 3-7
Points Scored Avg: 23.4
Points Against Avg: 29.8

Including Iowa getting drilled 30-3 and Ohio State getting drilled 31-0. Go Big 10

Mantis
09-02-2017, 02:20 PM
Damn the salt is real today. Everyone getting defensive over nothing.

Maverik
09-02-2017, 02:24 PM
its funny how even after all these years you still revert to lashing out when you get called out for making stuff up.

manonfire101
09-02-2017, 02:25 PM
I'm not salty. I just don't let people taking cheap shots at the Big12 because Texas sucks.

Mantis
09-02-2017, 02:34 PM
its funny how even after all these years you still revert to lashing out when you get called out for making stuff up.

Literally nothing I've said has been made up.

Maryland doing all they can to self destruct lol. I'm calling out the Big 12 for having bad defenses because they do. The average defense in the conference simply isn't good. That's just the way it is. It's not anything new. Like has been said, they make up for it with good offense. I'm not calling Big 12 teams bad overall.

In regards to the bowl season last year, no doubt Big 12 had a phenomenal series of bowl games despite the fact they were predicted to go 1-5. Probably better than any conference aside from ACC. You can't just ignore everything before bowl games though.

BTW Big Ten teams weren't favored in like any bowl games last year. Pretty tough matchups across the board.

Sanosuke
09-02-2017, 02:46 PM
Not being favored and getting bricked on are like, two different things.

Mantis
09-02-2017, 02:48 PM
Agreed. Couldn't have gone much worse for the Big Ten in bowl games last year.

Mantis
09-02-2017, 02:51 PM
How do I embed a tweet? lol

https://twitter.com/MattSBN/status/904049916183547904?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref

Sanosuke
09-02-2017, 03:12 PM
this texas maryland game has been fantastic

Sanosuke
09-02-2017, 03:25 PM
http://a4.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2017%2F0902%2Fr252589_640x360_16% 2D9.jpg&w=570

lol clemson

Mantis
09-02-2017, 03:27 PM
http://a4.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2017%2F0902%2Fr252589_640x360_16% 2D9.jpg&w=570

lol clemson

I saw that haha. Hopefully Urban puts it on the bulletin board as a reminder.

manonfire101
09-02-2017, 05:24 PM
Michigan really shooting themselves in the foot with those 2 pick 6's. And their first possession on offense should have been a TD and not a field goal. Amazing that they are losing this game right now.

Mantis
09-02-2017, 05:34 PM
Both teams have shot themselves in the foot this game, which is why I am enjoying it so much.

Sanosuke
09-02-2017, 05:46 PM
Michigan is easily the far better team and anyone who's been watching it knows it. They'll probably end up winning.

Mantis
09-02-2017, 05:53 PM
Oh for sure they will. Florida has no offense to keep them in the game, just like previous years. Without their defense scoring a bunch of points, it's not going to happen against a solid team like Michigan.

manonfire101
09-02-2017, 06:02 PM
Michigan looks a lot better for sure. The game would be ugly right nowif not for the 2 defensive touchdowns for Florida.

Also, both of these kickers are money.

Mantis
09-02-2017, 06:03 PM
Harbaugh's sleepover at his kicker's house while he was recruiting him seemed to have paid off. Still creepy as shit though.

manonfire101
09-02-2017, 06:09 PM
Tf?

Mantis
09-02-2017, 06:09 PM
Early-season USC doing early-season USC-like things.

Sanosuke
09-02-2017, 06:12 PM
Michigan moving the ball at will.

UGA game starts in 3 minutes. My dick is hard.

manonfire101
09-02-2017, 06:13 PM
This thread took a weird turn with adult male sleepovers and Sano's hard dick.

Mantis
09-02-2017, 06:15 PM
Surprised Georgia is only favored by 13.5. Is App. St supposed to have a good year?