PDA

View Full Version : College Basketball

Pages : 1 [2]

KBHoleN1
03-16-2018, 11:53 PM
He is a really good dude. I have nothing but respect for Virginia, and I hate to see it happen to them. But it's still really cool that it happened.

manonfire101
03-17-2018, 12:05 AM
What the actual fuck Virginia

The Cheat
03-17-2018, 12:09 AM
I came so hard.

This is why I watch march madness. For upsets. Fuck your final four of all 1's and 2's. Upsets are all that matters.

Mantis
03-17-2018, 08:44 AM
They say defense wins championships, but Virginia's offense has been pretty bad all season, so you're always at the mercy of the opposing team's 3 point shooting if you're a team that can only play defense. I had Virginia in my championship game, but that was more because of the lack of confidence I had in the all the teams they were playing rather than confidence I had in Virginia. Then again, I don't really have confidence in anyone this year.

KBHoleN1
03-17-2018, 09:36 AM
They say defense wins championships, but Virginia's offense has been pretty bad all season, so you're always at the mercy of the opposing team's 3 point shooting if you're a team that can only play defense. I had Virginia in my championship game, but that was more because of the lack of confidence I had in the all the teams they were playing rather than confidence I had in Virginia. Then again, I don't really have confidence in anyone this year.

I think you're falling to the tempo trap with Virginia's offense. They don't score a lot of points because their games have so few possessions. But from an efficiency standpoint, Virginia had a Top 30 offense going into the tourney.

Mantis
03-17-2018, 10:33 AM
I'm well aware that they like to slow down the tempo, but that style of play can have consequences, as we saw last night. When they need to actually come from behind because their opponent is shooting well, they're not built to do that.

Da Gyps
03-17-2018, 05:04 PM
It's hard to hate Virginia. They play slow and methodically and they have good players who work hard and don't do stupid things on or off the court. But their style of basketball seems to lend itself to sudden collapses. It really sucks for them, but how incredible is it for USMC? We'll never forget watching this game.

Years from now when you look back on this moment, I want you to remember that it was your good friend KB who first came to this thread and told you that you should be watching. Never forget what a good friend I was. And then send your good friend $5. Every. Time. You. Remember.

The style plus not having any obvious NBA players this year. No Brogdon to get a bucket when they really need it.

I didn't see it in time to join the tao bracket group, but I have Duke winning it all. Against UK in the final too which is looking super smart right about now. Not gonna talk about my dumb picks tho.

Da Gyps
03-17-2018, 05:07 PM
Mantis how did you enjoy Chris Webber doing a tOSU game? LOL

KBHoleN1
03-17-2018, 06:41 PM
I have Duke beating Gonzaga. Cincy and Nova in the Final 4.

Mantis
03-17-2018, 07:12 PM
Mantis how did you enjoy Chris Webber doing a tOSU game? LOL

He's fucking annoying.

KB the UC pick seems to be looking better and better. I grew up watching UC and would like to see them do well, but realistically they're not as good as their ranking showed all season, they just didn't play anybody. Tennessee might give them a game (if they even advance lol), but TN is easily the most overrated 3 seed and were overrated all season, much like many other SEC teams. The basketball rankings this year definitely took a page out of football's book. No bad losses for SEC teams because everyone is so good, right? Hopefully this won't become a new trend each year.

Mantis
03-17-2018, 08:13 PM
Welp...

Da Gyps
03-17-2018, 09:53 PM
He's fucking annoying.

I think it's an oversight to let him do tOSU games... Very biased.

Gryph
03-17-2018, 10:54 PM
Watching Michigan this tournament is like playing a pickup game with a guy who "swears to god he could go pro" and proceeds to make it a miserable experience for everyone.

For fucks sake, play god damn basketball and make some smart shots.

Gryph
03-18-2018, 12:18 AM
SHIT INTO MY FUCKING DICK THE FRESHMAN DID IT

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees

Aristocatt
03-18-2018, 01:19 PM
Umbc gonna win it all. Haven't watched march madness in years, I'm down to watch umbc keep playing.

manonfire101
03-18-2018, 04:22 PM
UMBC with a decent chance today because KState is going to be playing without Dean Wade again. UMBC going to have to make 3's though because I think KSU's guards are quicker than UVA's and will do a better job of keeping UMBC's guards in front of them. We'll see.

manonfire101
03-18-2018, 04:23 PM
Michigan State a little bit lucky to be up right now - they've banked in 2 3-pointers and Syracuse has missed some easy shots.

manonfire101
03-18-2018, 05:30 PM
And bye Michigan St. A little surprised so many people picked them to get to a final four considering the region they were in and considering they hadn't really done anything very impressive this season. 2-4 against top 25 teams and would have had to go through a Duke team that beat them earlier in the season without Marvin Bagley just to get to the elite 8. Good win for Syracuse but Duke will not be shooting 8-37 from 3 like Michigan St just did.

Mantis
03-18-2018, 05:39 PM
Didn't watch the game, but I gotta say I'm pretty shocked MSU lost. I picked them in my final four. I wouldn't have been surprised if it was Duke beating them, but Syracuse this year? Really?

manonfire101
03-18-2018, 05:49 PM
Ya bit surprising. Michigan St just had a bad shooting night. Some of that can be attributed to the length of Syracuse' zone but a lot of that was the Spartans just missing shots. Coming into the game today they shot 41% from 3 as a team, which is 6/351 in D1, but tonight they were 8/37 (21.6%).

manonfire101
03-18-2018, 05:50 PM
TA&M is the most up-and-down team in the country this season.

Mantis
03-18-2018, 06:31 PM
25% shooting for MSU? Oof.

manonfire101
03-18-2018, 06:56 PM
Every March I am reminded how much I don't know about college basketball. UNC is getting smoked, lol.

Saint
03-18-2018, 07:31 PM
There's a negative correlation between how much basketball you watch and how well your bracket does

Mantis
03-18-2018, 07:47 PM
Lol at this point I think everyone's brackets would have just been better if they picked the teams they thought WEREN'T going to win.

manonfire101
03-18-2018, 07:53 PM
A lot of these upsets have been blowouts too. What a weird tournament.

Mantis
03-18-2018, 08:00 PM
Literally makes no sense.

Nevada is storming right back against UC after being down 22.

manonfire101
03-18-2018, 08:10 PM
Hollllllllllllly shit

Mantis
03-18-2018, 08:12 PM
Wow...

manonfire101
03-18-2018, 08:13 PM
Don't even care about my bracket anymore. Nice to see Mick Cronin lose. Good shit, Nevada.

manonfire101
03-18-2018, 08:19 PM
What if Kentucky didn't have to play a single-digit seed to get to the final four? Might happen now.

KBHoleN1
03-18-2018, 08:20 PM
Welp, so much for that Cincy pick. They looked so damn good for so much of that game, then just completely collapsed. That’s stunning.

About picking who you don’t think will win: I do some of that. I picked Kentucky to beat UVA not because I believe in UK, but I didn’t think UVA would go very far without Hunter. So the loss to UMBC doesn’t hurt so much.

And hey, Clemson is looking good against Auburn! Hopefully they don’t go Nevada in the second half. I’m fairly confident even Brownell can’t cool this team off at this point. He loves to shut down the transition offense when leading late, which destroys their tempo.

Mantis
03-18-2018, 08:23 PM
Not surprised at Auburn. Haven't bought into them all year. I had New Mexico State beating them this round.

manonfire101
03-18-2018, 08:30 PM
Welp, so much for that Cincy pick. They looked so damn good for so much of that game, then just completely collapsed. That’s stunning.

About picking who you don’t think will win: I do some of that. I picked Kentucky to beat UVA not because I believe in UK, but I didn’t think UVA would go very far without Hunter. So the loss to UMBC doesn’t hurt so much.

And hey, Clemson is looking good against Auburn! Hopefully they don’t go Nevada in the second half. I’m fairly confident even Brownell can’t cool this team off at this point. He loves to shut down the transition offense when leading late, which destroys their tempo.

54-22... I think Clemson is pretty safe.

Mantis
03-18-2018, 08:37 PM
54-22... I think Clemson is pretty safe.

UC felt safe too...

manonfire101
03-18-2018, 08:38 PM
Cincy was up 22. Clemson is up 32. I know this tournament's been crazy but it's over.

Mantis
03-18-2018, 08:46 PM
Yeah I know, I was just saying it for the lolz.

Down 40 now. Jesus is there a mercy rule?

manonfire101
03-18-2018, 08:50 PM
Bruce Pearl COTY!

KState's excellent three-point shooting is going to send UMBC to the second weekend of the tournament.

Mantis
03-18-2018, 09:58 PM
UMBC has made one FG in over 10 minutes. How did this team beat Virginia by 20? lol

KBHoleN1
03-18-2018, 11:22 PM
Today, ACC teams have eliminated the regular season champs from the Big Ten, the SEC, and the Big East.

Two days ago, the ACC regular season and conference tournament champ lost to a 16 seed.

Shit's cray.

Gryph
03-18-2018, 11:43 PM
Michigan won the B10 championship and are still in it though =P

Aristocatt
03-19-2018, 12:17 PM
This is bullshit I demand a recount.

KBHoleN1
03-19-2018, 01:16 PM
regular season champs

Michigan won the B10 championship

manonfire101
03-19-2018, 02:04 PM
And the ACC will have a shot to eliminate the Big12 regular season champ on Friday. And hopefully again on Sunday.

Gryph
03-19-2018, 10:53 PM

Conference championships end the season though. lol

Mantis
03-21-2018, 09:55 AM
Michigan got hot at the right time, which is why I chose them to make the elite 8, which is why they'll probably lose next round.

Gryph
03-21-2018, 11:42 PM
Judging by 97 named after historical figures Rahkman and his pension to destroy about 30% of our possessions this tournament I'd agree with you. Michigan has looked like shit this tournament and got lucky to this point, can't go 7 minutes not scoring against Montana, and have so many empty possessions against Houston where it's this one cut dribble that ends in a turnover / bad shot just by making 2 passes on the perimeter and expect to beat a team like AnM

manonfire101
03-22-2018, 02:54 PM
Conference championships end the season though. lol

I think you're joking but when people say x team won the x conference championship they are usually referring the regular season not the conference tournament. I guess it could be argued in the Big10 or other conferences that tournament championships are more important because of the in-conference schedule imbalance.

I got Loyola, Kentucky, Gonzaga, and A&M tonight. I hope Kentucky loses tonight but they're going to win by 20 probably.

Gryph
03-22-2018, 03:11 PM
Don't blow my cover lol.

It's a personal nitpick of mine though. "We had the best conference record before the conf champs started, so we won the conference..." except you didn't. Back to baseball while I wait for tonights games

manonfire101
03-22-2018, 03:26 PM
I understand what you're saying. In the Big12 every team plays a home and away with every other team, and I tend to think that the 18-game conference season is a better indicator of the overall best team than the single-elimination conference tournament. Also, sometimes teams that have already secured an at-large bid don't take the conference tournaments as seriously and rest their players. But I would say that the conference tournament can be an indicator of which team is playing the best heading into the NCAA tournament. That was the case with Michigan.

manonfire101
03-22-2018, 06:16 PM
I have a shitty Friday so I'll post predictions for tomorrow's games too. I'm going with Nova, Duke, Kansas, and Texas Tech.

Nova is similar to KU offensively, and better than KU defensively. KU went 3-0 vs WVU this season. I just don't think it's a great matchup for WVU. Nova has the guards to handle the Mountaineers' press, they shoot well from the outside, and they play good defense. And Jay Wright's a good coach. WVU could win, but it would require them to shoot well from 3. And it would also require Jevon Carter to be the best player on the floor. But I think Nova wins by 7.

Syracuse got destroyed on the offensive glass by Michigan St. That's probably due to a couple of things: one, Syracuse plays a zone and it's harder to defensive rebound out of a zone; and two, Michigan St. shot 37 3-pointers against Syracuse, which are easier to get offensive boards from because they hit and bounce off of the rim harder. Michigan St didn't have much success converting those offensive boards to points, though. But Duke is longer than Michigan St. And Marvin Bagley/Wendell Carter will get points out of those offensive boards. Also don't count pn Duke shooting 8/37 from 3. Syracuse has to come off of Duval and help on Bagley when he gets the ball in the post, and they have to hope that Duval misses 3's. And that other Duke players miss 3's. Then they need to rebound. Since that won't happen, Duke will win by 15.

Clemson's good, but KU has Doke back. Graham is due for a good shooting performance, and those usually come after he's had time to rest. But Clemson just kicked the shit out of Auburn and is playing with a lot of confidence. Brownell is also a good coach. I think it will be close either way but I'm taking Kansas by 3.

TTU probably would have won the Big 12 if they had a healthy Zach Smith and Keenan Evans at the end of the season. On the other side, Purdue will be playing without Isaac Haas, or best-case with a very very limited Isaac Haas. Purdue obviously still has other good players - Edwards and Edwards - but I think a healthy Keenan Evans is the best player on either team and I'm taking Tech by 5. Two good coaches: Matt Painter and Chris Beard.

KBHoleN1
03-22-2018, 06:41 PM
I'll eat my hat if we lose to Syracuse at this point in the season. Syracuse doesn't have the depth to rebound with Duke. Boeheim and K both tend to keep tight rosters - Boeheim for the entire season uses very little bench, while K tends to tighten up the lineups as games become more important. But this season is different, especially in the paint. Bagley, Carter, DeLaurier, and Bolden are going to see time on the floor, and they'll have fresh legs to rebound the basketball. If any of the shooters are making shots I don't think the game stays very close. Duke could come out and have a terrible game and Syracuse could win, but it would take a really bad night for that to happen. Michigan State shot 26% and nearly won. I can't imagine what 26% shooting from the floor would mean for Duke - Bagley and Carter just chucking jumpshots all night? No way those two don't find their way to the rim.

I like all of your picks. The thing about Clemson is they need a lead to play well, and sometimes even that doesn't work. Auburn was so cold to start that game and fell so far behind that Clemson never had to sweat, and they played with so much confidence. If this team still had Grantham, I'd say they could win. But as it stands I don't think it's going to be as close as analysts expect. Kenpom has it at 72-71 Kansas. I'd be shocked if Clemson played that well.

manonfire101
03-22-2018, 08:07 PM
I mean I hope Syracuse wins because I don't think KU can match up very well with Duke, but I just really really don't see that happening. Doke is big, but he's not quick enough to stay in front of Bagley. Bagley will foul him out of the game in about 10 minutes. De Sousa is so raw. Lightfoot is too small. Sosinski is too small and isn't a basketball player. Dedric and KJ Lawson are not eligible. And Billy Preston accepted a car. Bagley's going to go for about 40 and 20. The only thing KU would have working for them in that game is that Duke plays a zone, and KU's 4 guard lineup shoots 45%, 40%, 40%, and 38% from 3. I think it would be a game if they can make 3's. Here's to hoping we get to see that game, still need to play a good Clemson team.

And my predictions for today are already horrible. Michigan is kicking the shit out of A&M, which I should have suspected would happen since A&M is the most up-and-down team in the country.

manonfire101
03-22-2018, 08:13 PM
The Golden State Wolverines are 8-11 from deep. Make that 9-12 from deep. Holy smokes!

manonfire101
03-23-2018, 12:10 AM
RaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsR aisinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRa isinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRai sinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRais insRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisi nsRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisin sRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisins RaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsR aisinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRa isinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRai sinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRais insRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisi ns

RAISINSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

KBHoleN1
03-23-2018, 12:14 AM
What even is this tournament?

Say What?
03-23-2018, 11:26 AM
Duke is winning this! :)

-SW

KBHoleN1
03-23-2018, 09:29 PM
That game got ugly in the middle, not really unexpected. Even though he outcome wasn’t really in question, it was awesome to see them fight back and make it respectable. Great season from the Tigers, and an amazing finish to the season considering the player they lost in Grantham.

Spencer 555
03-24-2018, 09:16 AM
Duke v Kansas this is gonna be juicy.

manonfire101
03-25-2018, 06:39 PM
It would be nice if the officials would call the same fouls on both ends.

manonfire101
03-25-2018, 06:54 PM
Wasn't a foul on Vick. Then there was a foul on Carter and Svi didn't step out of bounds. Fucking trash.

manonfire101
03-25-2018, 06:57 PM
Graham obviously fouled again. No call. Okay.

Mantis
03-25-2018, 07:31 PM
Didn't watch a minute of it, but I guess I'm glad Kansas won. Congrats manon/gypsy.

Da Gyps
03-25-2018, 08:24 PM
Conference tournaments are the dumbest shit ever Gryph.

Da Gyps
03-25-2018, 08:27 PM
Wasn't a foul on Vick. Then there was a foul on Carter and Svi didn't step out of bounds. Fucking trash.

Normally I don't complain about officiating but it was pretty trash in that game. With Duke getting most of the calls in their favor. KU did get fortunate on that late charge/block but it felt kind of deserved all things considered.

Spencer 555
03-25-2018, 08:32 PM
Poop game. Duke was playin hero ball.

manonfire101
03-25-2018, 09:39 PM
Didn't watch a minute of it, but I guess I'm glad Kansas won. Congrats manon/gypsy.

Thanks, Tits. You missed a pretty good game, though.

Normally I don't complain about officiating but it was pretty trash in that game. With Duke getting most of the calls in their favor. KU did get fortunate on that late charge/block but it felt kind of deserved all things considered.

It was. That block/charge was 100% a charge, though. That was a bad call.

manonfire101
03-25-2018, 09:43 PM
I'm pretty sure the last-second shot in regulation by Grayson Allen gave me a minor heart attack. Talk about being agonizingly close to a Final Four. Sorry, KB. Either team would have deserved it.

KBHoleN1
03-25-2018, 09:51 PM
Duke shot really poorly from deep (two games in a row) and got destroyed on the boards. If I'm being honest, I was upset with the weak calls that sent Carter to the bench, especially after he took an elbow to the face without a call. Carter only played 22 minutes, and not having him on the floor (regardless of the reason) was the biggest difference in the game. I didn't get to watch the second half, but I tried to follow on my phone and I saw some highlights. I recorded the game, but I'm not sure if I want to watch it. When I saw we were up 3 inside a minute I was obviously pretty hopeful, and watching the highlights of Svi's 3 and then Grayson's in-and-out-and-in-and-out-again shot are kind of heartbreaking.

Say What?
03-26-2018, 08:57 AM
.....Duke. :(

-SW

KBHoleN1
03-26-2018, 10:11 AM
Man, I still can't get over losing. I don't mean to sound cocky, but I genuinely thought Duke was going to win a championship this year. Some years you just feel like things are going to fall into place. I remember thinking that in 2015, the way that team finished the season on a tear, but lost in the semis of the ACC tourney - but were able to rest up for a week and came out super strong on the first weekend and were able to mow through teams (close games against Utah and then Wiscy in the final, but some real blowouts in between). In 2010, I went to Greensboro and watched that Duke team win the ACC tourney, and they had such good leadership with Singler and Scheyer and Nolan Smith, and just the way they were playing that week it felt like no one could beat them. And sure enough, they marched to the final and eeked out that win over Butler.

I had that same sort of feeling about this team. I know they struggled at times and they were far from perfect, but it just felt like Bagley and Carter were so dominant inside and I was sure Grayson's confidence would grow through the first couple games and he would deliver when needed. Obviously anything can happen, Duke could have lost to Rhode Island or something with a bad game - but in my gut I just felt like they were going to put it together. I didn't feel that last year, I didn't feel it with Ingram's team, with Kyrie's team - what I'm saying is it's not just about me thinking our talent is superior to other teams, because obviously Duke consistently has amazing draft classes. Like I said, I had to leave at halftime and just checked the score a few times. With all my heart I just expected them to win (even against a team like Kansas) and I wasn't really worried about it. When I saw that 3 point lead under a minute, I wasn't surprised at all, and I just sort of expected it to be over in another minute. I probably watched replays of Grayson's shot a dozen times last night, and it hurts so much to watch.

I don't know what this post was supposed to be.

Da Gyps
03-26-2018, 10:38 AM
Yeah I mean I had Duke winning it all in my bracket. It was pretty easy to see them winning it all. That zone was weak though. Very easy to get good looks against it but really only UNC and KU carved it up. And yes I would say KU dismantled it. Missed a lot of good looks, as did Duke to be fair but this was never one of the great Duke shooting teams.

Don't get me started on that Duke Wisconsin game though... Wiscy got jobbed.

Anyway Duke will be right back in position next year with this absurd recruiting class.

KBHoleN1
03-26-2018, 11:39 AM
The shooting was the most disappointing part of this team down the stretch. Allen shot 42% from deep his sophomore year, then never really found that stroke again. He started this year off really well, but shot only 31% in conference play. Trent shot 47% from deep in December, 55% in January(!), 41% in February, then only 31% in March. O'Connell early in the year looked like he would become a reliable bench shooter, but seemed to lose all his confidence in the second half of ACC play and K couldn't afford to have him on the floor much if he wasn't shooting it well. Duke shot 24% from deep against Kansas - that's just not good enough. And a lot of those were open looks in good sets or in transition or off of offensive rebounds. And no one could make shots.

manonfire101
03-26-2018, 06:24 PM
Man, I still can't get over losing. I don't mean to sound cocky, but I genuinely thought Duke was going to win a championship this year. Some years you just feel like things are going to fall into place. I remember thinking that in 2015, the way that team finished the season on a tear, but lost in the semis of the ACC tourney - but were able to rest up for a week and came out super strong on the first weekend and were able to mow through teams (close games against Utah and then Wiscy in the final, but some real blowouts in between). In 2010, I went to Greensboro and watched that Duke team win the ACC tourney, and they had such good leadership with Singler and Scheyer and Nolan Smith, and just the way they were playing that week it felt like no one could beat them. And sure enough, they marched to the final and eeked out that win over Butler.

I had that same sort of feeling about this team. I know they struggled at times and they were far from perfect, but it just felt like Bagley and Carter were so dominant inside and I was sure Grayson's confidence would grow through the first couple games and he would deliver when needed. Obviously anything can happen, Duke could have lost to Rhode Island or something with a bad game - but in my gut I just felt like they were going to put it together. I didn't feel that last year, I didn't feel it with Ingram's team, with Kyrie's team - what I'm saying is it's not just about me thinking our talent is superior to other teams, because obviously Duke consistently has amazing draft classes. Like I said, I had to leave at halftime and just checked the score a few times. With all my heart I just expected them to win (even against a team like Kansas) and I wasn't really worried about it. When I saw that 3 point lead under a minute, I wasn't surprised at all, and I just sort of expected it to be over in another minute. I probably watched replays of Grayson's shot a dozen times last night, and it hurts so much to watch.

I don't know what this post was supposed to be.

How I feel about 1997, 2002, and 2003 Kansas teams.

The Professor
03-26-2018, 09:32 PM
And maybe the team that lost to Trey Burke and Michigan.

KBHoleN1
03-27-2018, 01:30 PM
Jeff Capel going to Pitt. Bleacher Report is saying it's a 7-year deal, so Pitt seems serious about giving him a chance to rebuild. I think he can be successful(ish) at Pitt. His first two forays into head coaching showed he wasn't a super Xs and Os guy, but I think his latest stint on the Duke bench probably taught him a lot. I would hope he paid more attention to how K ran the entire program - knowing that he would be a head coach again some day. His recruiting is obviously terrific, he really knows how to sell guys on being a part of his (or Duke's) program. I hope (probably foolishly) that he's always recruited cleanly. I think Duke will miss his recruiting, but someone else (Nolan Smith and Jon Scheyer) will fill the void. It doesn't take a genius to convince kids to come to Duke. I have been really pleased with his ability to recruit big men, which is something Duke lacked for a while when K was running more of the recruiting show. I wish him luck, and I think he'll turn Pitt around in a few years.

manonfire101
03-27-2018, 10:15 PM
I wish Frank Mason would have gone to a Final Four. He really deserved it.

Spencer 555
03-31-2018, 10:02 AM
You think hes gonna be something in the nba? Ive liked his polish as a backup so far.

Spencer 555
03-31-2018, 10:04 AM
Excited for the kansas game tn. Ive got no horse in the race, but thats an exciting matchup. Theyre both 1 seeds but it feels like david vs goliath.

Dont know anything about loyola or michigan in the slightest so I probably wont watch.

Mantis
03-31-2018, 05:47 PM
Let's go Loyola!!

Gryph
03-31-2018, 08:15 PM
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSsssssssssssss

Mantis
03-31-2018, 09:09 PM
Loyola choked really hard there, but still a great run for them. To go from a team that most people have never even heard of to the final 4 is something special.

The Professor
03-31-2018, 09:14 PM
Not looking good for KU. Nova is on fire.

Mantis
03-31-2018, 09:16 PM
I know from experience that spotting a team a huge lead within the first 5 minutes is not the best strategy...

The Professor
03-31-2018, 09:37 PM
So Villanova became the Houston Rockets. That’s probably not good to go against at the collegiate level.

manonfire101
03-31-2018, 09:51 PM
I'm not even mad. If they shoot like this nobody can beat them. Sometimes teams just make shots. They are really good.

Mantis
03-31-2018, 10:00 PM
Yup. They are definitely really good, hence why I picked them to go all the way.

Spencer 555
03-31-2018, 10:13 PM
I did too. Im a genius. Until michigan pulls an upset lol.

manonfire101
03-31-2018, 10:24 PM
Ya I mean. KU could be playing better right now but I don't know how much it would matter.

Good luck with that, gryph.

Saint
03-31-2018, 10:41 PM
Got the final two teams right

I am so validated

manonfire101
03-31-2018, 10:50 PM
Big 12 conference and tournament champs and a final four. Team definitely overachieved this season. It was a good season. Nova's great and they were incredible tonight particularly. KU should be very good next season. If they get Romeo Langford they might be the national title favorite.

manonfire101
03-31-2018, 10:54 PM
Hey, TC.

I'M SO FUCKING MAD RIGHT NOW FUCK NOVA OMG MY RAGE IS UNCONTROLLABLE ALJFLKJSFLKASZJFLKASJFLAKSKJFASLKJFLKAJF:LSAKJF:AL KJ

manonfire101
03-31-2018, 11:00 PM
Thank you Graham and Svi. But especially thank you Graham. You kept the streak alive. Will miss.

Greendaybum5
04-01-2018, 01:52 PM
woohoo won the bracket pool

Saint
04-01-2018, 03:34 PM
Nah I can still win

Not super confident though

Greendaybum5
04-02-2018, 07:26 PM
My bracket is in the 99.6 percentile on ESPN :)...what do i win for that? nada

KBHoleN1
04-02-2018, 08:49 PM
My bracket is in the 99.6 percentile on ESPN :)...what do i win for that? nada

That's crazy good, congrats! And I'm pretty sure that the top 1% on ESPN get entered into a drawing. So there's a remote possibly you could win something for it.

Gryph
04-02-2018, 09:09 PM
I hope I become rich enough to the point in the future where time travel is allowed only to rich white males, cause let's be honest fellas, that is a recipe for disaster so we need to keep it consistent and I can go back to the future part 2 and make a perfect bracket just to rub it in the worlds face and act all smug.

In case anyone is wondering, I'm knee deep in alcohol right now cause I know how this game is gonna be a Villanova Roflstomp toward a championship, but I'm holding out deep down in my heart my maize and blue pull a stunner.

Da Gyps
04-02-2018, 10:39 PM
Big 12 conference and tournament champs and a final four. Team definitely overachieved this season. It was a good season. Nova's great and they were incredible tonight particularly. KU should be very good next season. If they get Romeo Langford they might be the national title favorite.

Very very good chance at Langford.

Vick and Newman will be gone. Doke should come back but not set in stone.

KBHoleN1
04-03-2018, 12:43 AM
Donte likes to have his salad tossed.

https://twitter.com/RedditCFB/status/981022366120759296?s=20

Spencer 555
04-03-2018, 12:55 AM
Kinda proud of myself. First year I've really paid much attention to the college basketball scene because of trae young videos. I watched over 10 duke games, glazed over a couple early tournament games and really got into the final 4. I picked nova to win it too. Well played.

Greendaybum5
04-03-2018, 11:36 AM
Finished ranked 41,403 99.8% not too shabby!

Spencer 555
08-17-2018, 09:57 PM
So I just watched Duke play an exhibition against my brother's school in my hometown... Really fuckin cool.

manonfire101
11-07-2018, 03:06 AM
Duke is a hack. Horrifying team.

Spencer 555
11-08-2018, 12:42 AM
I don't know how they didnt get ranked #1... they look fucking incredible. Took Kentucky to town.

The One
03-13-2019, 12:59 AM
Saint Mary’s College baby!!! Fuck Gonzaga and their #1 ranking.

Saint
03-18-2019, 09:52 AM
The best part of this tourny will be watching Duke not be in the final 4

Spencer 555
03-22-2019, 07:54 AM
But they will win the tourny..

The Cheat
03-22-2019, 09:58 PM
But they will win the tourny..

No they won't.

Spencer 555
03-23-2019, 12:03 PM
Do people hate Duke, generally? Are they the patriots of college hoops? I seem to get a lot of hate for being a duke fan without understanding college basketball demographics lol.

Spencer 555
03-23-2019, 12:07 PM
I actually just googled where Duke was. Had no idea it was in NC

The Cheat
03-23-2019, 07:16 PM
Buy this and see

https://www.amazon.com/Duke-Sucks-Completely-Evenhanded-Investigation/dp/1250004632

But short answer is yes. Media WORSHIPS them but fan hate them so very much.

manonfire101
03-23-2019, 08:41 PM
Do people hate Duke, generally? Are they the patriots of college hoops? I seem to get a lot of hate for being a duke fan without understanding college basketball demographics lol.

I actually just googled where Duke was. Had no idea it was in NC

These posts literally just made my brain hurt.

The Cheat
03-23-2019, 11:23 PM
AS they did mine.

:(

KBHoleN1
03-24-2019, 09:08 AM
No. No sane people hate Duke. Don't let them fool you Spencer. Loving Duke is natural.

Spencer 555
03-24-2019, 11:14 AM
I hopped on the duke bandwagon when I was like 8 years old because they won that year and my dad was like "alright thats ur team now, u gotta stick with them".

Ive never paid any attention to anything outside of duke since then, and we dont get ANY media up here talking about college basketball other then gambling lines.

This was the first year I got to see them play live because of RJ Barett, they played like 3 blocks away from my house. Was unreal.

That all being said, I do feel a little dirty cheering for the patriots-esque team.

Spencer 555
03-24-2019, 11:21 AM
Ya, musta been 1999 (runner up), and then they won in 2001

The Cheat
03-24-2019, 02:58 PM
No. No sane people hate Duke. Don't let them fool you Spencer. Loving Duke is natural.

Says the person who lives in NC.

I want to rage against you now KB, but won't since you are a cool dude with a sweet avatar.

Gryph
03-24-2019, 05:40 PM
I don't really have a problem per se with Duke, but I do hope UCF reality checks em, cause I'm kinda sick and tired about getting Zion updates from Bleacher Report and him being plastered around everywhere. I wanna enjoy the tourny, not Zion Madness 2019

The Cheat
03-24-2019, 05:43 PM
I don't really have a problem per se with Duke, but I do hope UCF reality checks em, cause I'm kinda sick and tired about getting Zion updates from Bleacher Report and him being plastered around everywhere. I wanna enjoy the tourny, not Zion Madness 2019

Other than the part in bold, I see no fault in this post.

There haven't been many upsets at all.

Spencer 555
03-24-2019, 07:59 PM
I feel like Zion would be just as hype on any team, no?

Gryph
03-24-2019, 10:04 PM
Not really. Put him in some random midtier school like Wichita and they wouldn't suck his dick every 30 minutes on Sportscenter, prolly every other day.

High Profile Coach + High Profile Recruit + Huge successful program = recipe for a media darling relationship.

Perfect example is Aaron Gordon, he was a consensus top 5 recruit in the nation, committed to Arizona, who at the time was right on the cusp, they made that huge run in '14, before they got fucking annihilated by Frank Kaminsky (who after that game, the national media paid attention to as well)

But if you reverse that role, and put Aaron Gordon and Frank Kaminsky on Duke to start the season, the hype train would begin rolling. It is what it is, basketball fans know the hype about certain prospects and don't need scott van pelt blurting out snapple cap facts about the new duke / kansas / K-St recruits/ UConn undefeated streak every commercial break. But to a casual fan of the sport who isn't involved in a recruiting trail, it's just the next Kornheiser "Is he better than Jordan?" argument they can tune into.

But I'm sure to people like Gypsy and maybe Manon, for every Zion, they can give you probably about 10-15 midmajors filled with Van Vleets, Kaminskys, and Patrick Youngs who should get the hype they rightfully deserve from the media based on what they are doing in their school, not a stereotypical "Tale of the tape" between Player X and Y. Did anyone here about Takko Fall before that game? Probably not, but he's a really cool story and people like that are overshadowed because Coach K has them.

I mean hell, Michigan had the friggin son of Hardaway and Glenn Robinson on the same team and Sportscenter was like "NAH HOMIES SALL BOUT DAT KANSAS SHIT THIS YEAR. AND JABARI PARKER."

The Cheat
03-25-2019, 06:41 PM
That is really well said dude. Props.

Why are so many one and done's going to Duke now? Hardly any used to.

The Cheat
04-09-2019, 03:51 PM
This tourney sucked.

Hugh
04-04-2021, 12:56 AM
The Gonzaga/UCLA game tonight was probably the best college basketball game I’ve ever seen.

KBHoleN1
09-22-2021, 10:48 PM
I thought you Kansas boys would appreciate this.

https://i.imgur.com/GHjU5is.jpg

manonfire101
09-23-2021, 07:32 AM
Quality post, KB. It was even better than that until recently. We've been slipping a little at home in the last how ever many years.

The statistic about KU that always impresses me the most is we've only had 8 head coaches since 1898.

The Cheat
09-24-2021, 07:25 PM
Quality post, KB. It was even better than that until recently. We've been slipping a little at home in the last how ever many years.

The statistic about KU that always impresses me the most is we've only had 8 head coaches since 1898.

How the fuck have you only had that many?