The Butcher
02-09-2018, 09:49 AM
Ground level view. What a day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qr6ZEa6Kz48

Greendaybum5
02-11-2018, 09:35 PM
Ground level view. What a day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qr6ZEa6Kz48

only about 360 days til we can relive it with Carson!

bdog1321
02-12-2018, 01:53 AM
Lol, If he recovers. You're starting the season with foles. Who knows what wentz will be

Greendaybum5
02-12-2018, 04:33 PM
anyone else still get the chills when hear "and the eagles have won the superrrrrrrrbowlllllll"

The Butcher
02-12-2018, 05:07 PM
Yes, and the amoutn of Eagles gear i see in my area has quadrupled lol

birdgang

EAGLES WON THE SUPER BOWL BTW HATIN ASS HATERS

Burnout278
02-12-2018, 08:46 PM

birdgang

Congrats.

bdog1321
02-12-2018, 11:06 PM

birdgang

1/52

Greendaybum5
02-14-2018, 11:25 AM
1/52

my favorite is cowboys fans that aren't old enough to remember the last time they won a playoff game let alone superbowl.....they still go we have 5 you have 1.... jokes on you fucker i've seen a superbowl!

KBHoleN1
02-14-2018, 11:38 AM
I've seen 3.

The Butcher
02-14-2018, 11:53 AM
It literally doesn't matter what happens in the NFL for the rest of eternity to me. I could not give a fuck less.

Eagles won.

bludhoundz
02-14-2018, 07:44 PM
https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/27797895_1836277003085646_5566669558180133900_o.jp g?oh=e409d367854d99edb49e876314113ebd&oe=5B09FBB4

bdog1321
02-14-2018, 07:58 PM
my favorite is cowboys fans that aren't old enough to remember the last time they won a playoff game let alone superbowl.....they still go we have 5 you have 1.... jokes on you fucker i've seen a superbowl!

5 > 1

The Cheat
02-14-2018, 10:13 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DVjshF4WAAAh_lu.jpg:large

KBHoleN1
02-15-2018, 10:13 AM
My favorite is "clearly never cheat." I mean, I guess they could be cheating and just be that bad at it.

The Cheat
02-15-2018, 09:31 PM
My favorite is "clearly never cheat." I mean, I guess they could be cheating and just be that bad at it.

No. When you cheat you win at least SOME of the time.

Spencer 555
02-16-2018, 10:55 AM
Browns > pats if they cheated

Da Gyps
03-05-2018, 10:12 AM
https://twitter.com/AKinkhabwala/status/970656193885634560

The Butcher
03-07-2018, 04:57 PM
Mike Bennett?

Yeah, we'll take him.

bludhoundz
03-07-2018, 11:18 PM
i can't believe the seahawks are doing that lmao

The Butcher
03-08-2018, 09:05 AM
sherman out next.

poor Hugh

The Cheat
03-08-2018, 09:53 PM
It is being reported that sherman and the cowboys are already talking.

bludhoundz
03-09-2018, 12:31 AM
the rams are really wilin out man

they traded away two players and traded for three already?

Hulky
03-09-2018, 12:48 AM
the rams are really wilin out man

they traded away two players and traded for three already?

Yeah Talib+Peters looks nuts too and it's not like the rest of the NFC West have stud WR duos that need shut down either. Must think they are SB ready for moves like that.

bludhoundz
03-09-2018, 12:50 AM
it's gonna be tricky. they have to pay aaron donald and then gurley next year probably. goff in a few years. not really sure about their LB situation, and the O line stepped up this past year but whitworth is getting up there.

i could see them finishing with the same record as last year, but i expect the offense to regress somewhat

bdog1321
03-09-2018, 03:12 PM
howie roseman is a god

bdog1321
03-09-2018, 07:55 PM
loving all these trades lol it's exciting

LOL TYROD THO

Hulky
03-10-2018, 01:54 PM
Browns would look good but they have no defensive backs

bdog1321
03-10-2018, 02:26 PM
either tyrod or landry is a temp for them. and it isn't landry. you don't go grab a high-volume receiver to pair with someone like tyrod. they're still 100% drafting a qb with pick #4

Hulky
03-10-2018, 03:45 PM
They are taking Saquon Barkley at one then Josh Allen at four. It's basically the most obvious part of the draft.

bdog1321
03-10-2018, 03:57 PM
this is the browns we're talking about though

tom brady could go forward in time from the year 2000 and enter the draft as a rookie again and the browns, knowing how great he would be, would take rosen. and nobody would be surprised

Hulky
03-11-2018, 12:46 PM
Rosen is better than Josh Allen, but he and the Browns GM dislike each other.
Darnold (who kinda looks like you imo lol) is an option, but Josh Allen is 100% Dorsey's profile for a sit and develop QB.

My personal favorite QB this class is Mason Rudolph, but not as a top pick more like last few picks of round one to get the 5th year option contract or second round.

bdog1321
03-13-2018, 11:16 AM
chiefs are doing some shit contracts. they shouldn't have fired john dorsey.

bdog1321
03-13-2018, 12:53 PM
And Minnesota goes full re****

Hulky
03-13-2018, 02:05 PM
Cousins is worth it, the fully guaranteed is the oh snap part, someone eventually is going to wreck a team with that precedent made

The Cheat
03-13-2018, 07:45 PM
Nelson cut from Packers=WTF?

Bradford to Cards is....curious.

bludhoundz
03-14-2018, 12:14 PM
maybe they're over paying, but the Giants are finally signing a left tackle. i already liked our new gm more than the old one, but this really cements it

Hulky
03-14-2018, 02:20 PM
some of these contracts are pretty hilarious... but Honey Badger just got cut...

I wonder where and how much for him

bdog1321
03-14-2018, 05:16 PM
maybe they're over paying, but the Giants are finally signing a left tackle. i already liked our new gm more than the old one, but this really cements it

gettleman is really good. as is solder. people are saying they should go after mathieu. how the fuck would they attempt that? soldier is getting 15.5 of their 19 mill in cap space. they need to extend beckham.

there's no way they get him.

but dallas though....has even less cap space who am i kidding :'(

Hulky
03-14-2018, 05:45 PM
I bet he (Mathieu) goes to the Texans now they can't spend their cash on Solder or Norwell. Houston is close to Louisiana too, where he has a dickton of fans.

bludhoundz
03-14-2018, 11:14 PM
i don't really think honey badger to the giants makes sense either, bdog. not sure why people are saying that.

i could see texans yeah, but there's a lot of places he could go

Nightmarez
03-15-2018, 04:27 PM
I think the Bears have aced the Offseason so far.

Burnout278
03-16-2018, 11:19 PM
Cousins and Sheldon Richardson

I can get behind this. Not a fan of the fully guaranteed money. Also the no transition tag or trade clauses.

The Cheat
03-16-2018, 11:21 PM
I heard the Jets offered Cousins like 30 million and year a he was like "lol jets."

Hulky
03-17-2018, 01:21 AM
I heard the Jets offered Cousins like 30 million and year and he was like "lol jets."
I feel bad for the Jets
it's basically just Leonard Williams on that team and everyone else might as well be cut

Hulky
03-17-2018, 12:09 PM
Apparently Honey BAdger is worth 1 year 7 mil from the Texans

def was expecting way more both in money and years

The Cheat
03-17-2018, 08:48 PM
Well he does get hurt a lot.

Greendaybum5
03-17-2018, 09:04 PM
I don't get the Jets/Colts trade unless it's for Barkley.....Don't get why Colts wouldn't wait to see who was on the table because Barkley would be huge there, but 3 extra 2nd's is a nice haul!

bludhoundz
03-17-2018, 09:13 PM
honestly honey badger hasn't been the same player since the injuries. i would not have given him a big money deal. i think a one year prove it deal works for both sides, but yeah i could see if he were trying to get more committment

Sanosuke
03-17-2018, 10:57 PM
Browns should trade #1 pick since getting Hyde and draft a secondary. They'd fuck around and accidentally make the playoffs. Hyde Gordon Landry is pretty intense.

Hulky
03-18-2018, 01:00 AM
I'd take Saquon #1 and trade #4 down because fuck the top QBs Mason Rudolph to develop behind Tyrod is the answer.

bdog1321
03-18-2018, 03:25 PM
I support any variation of fuckery that doesn't end with Barkley to the giants.

Nightmarez
03-19-2018, 09:54 PM
I support any variation of fuckery that doesn't end with Barkley to the giants.

Lol word for word what I've heard from every Boys fan.

In terms of my Bears, anyone less biased than me wanna give me any observations about this offseason? Because I really think we've got a solid A going into draft season.

--Land Nagy, who clearly had other suitors.
--Keep Fangio on as DC despite the regime change.
--Extend Fuller/Amukamara, tender Callahan. Maybe Fuller's deal is a bit rich and they definitely could've dealt better there, but keeping together a good secondary with a good coach is something that's hard to do in the NFL. Bears have their's locked up for the foreseeable future between Fuller/Amukamara/Amos/Jackson/Callahan.
--Bring in a true (I guess if you want to say *potential* you can) impact WR in Allen Robinson. Add additional depth to the passing game in Trey Burton and Taylor Gabriel. I also like the potentially sneaky acquisition of Aaron Lynch. Vic Fangio has done far more with far less on this Bears defense.
--Very importantly, the extensions of Fuller/Amukamara and the Signings of Robinson/Gabriel mean that, at #8 in a WR/QB heavy draft, the Bears have, at least in my mind, complete freedom to draft from any position group they want. Ideally for me this would mean Quentin Nelson, but we'll see if he's even available at #8, but regardless, the idea that we wouldn't need to reach for Ward (I wouldn't mind Ward at #8 but I think there's a chance there's a better talent there) or Ridley/Sutton or any of that WR class is ideal to me.

I mean the Bears aren't likely to make the playoffs in 2018, and the division is stacked and clearly the best QB division in football now with the acquisition of Cousins, but as a whole I think the organization has done an excellent job of rebuilding the team-- the defense in particular-- quickly after the decay of the fan-awfulness that was the Jay Cutler era.

Again as a whole, I really like our position groups. Not as a whole depth chart but just as a list of pieces:

Front 7: Akiem Hicks, Eddie Goldman, Leonard Floyd, Danny Trevathan, (Aaron Lynch, Sam Acho, Kwitikowski(sp?), Willie Young)
Secondary: Fuller--Amukamara--Callahan ; Amos -- Jackson
O-Line: Cody Whitehair, Kyle Long, Charles Leno, (hopefully Quentin Nelson)
Pass Catchers: Allen Robinson, Cameron Meredith, Taylor Gabriel, Trey Burton, Adam Shaheen
Backs: Tarik Cohen (Could be under pass catchers, really like Tarik's chances at being a better utilized weapon both in the Nagy system and with more weapons to take the pressure off), Jordan Howard (narrow-dimensional, but an excellent YAC and bruiser).

And then it really obviously comes down to what you get out of Trubisky, but I for one was very optimistic after the end of the first year. I was afraid Fox was going to ruin him, and really was not a fan of certain decisions made in game in regards to playcalling in particular under Fox/Loggains. I'm very optimistic about Nagy/Helfrich as a duo who could at least get the most out of even a bad QB. For whatever didn't look good in 2017 for Trubs, the arm talent still looked top of the first round.

The Bears lost a lot of narrow games last year with a team who excelled at keeping it close, keeping it low scoring, and chewing clock if it got a lead. They lost some of those games in particular because they entered two minute drills with Josh Bellamy as the #1 WR and Daniel Brown as the #1 pass catching TE, not to mention Fox's insistence in using Benny Cunningham as the primary 2-Minute Back. With AR-12 in particular, those games should be at least a bit more win-able down the stretch. And as a team that excelled with defense, having the potential on offense that we do I believe gives the Bears the potential to be a team that is above average on both sides of the ball as soon as next year.

Obviously the offense and performance of the team next year comes down to Trubs, but regardless of that I think the Offseason is going exactly to the dream of a Bears fan, at least from my perspective.

Sanosuke
03-20-2018, 11:34 AM
I hate the name+number nicknames so much.

Nightmarez
03-20-2018, 02:49 PM
I hate the name+number nicknames so much.

Tell me how you really feel.

Sanosuke
03-20-2018, 03:22 PM
Rex Grossman is the best QB to ever play for the Bears.

Is that good? :P

Nightmarez
03-20-2018, 08:12 PM
Rex Grossman is the best QB to ever play for the Bears.

Is that good? :P

Josh McCown baby. GOAT

bludhoundz
03-21-2018, 09:07 AM
I think the Trey Burton signing was a bit rich... The Bears have already been holding a few TEs and were grooming Shaheen. Burton is one of the highest paid TEs in the league now and he's never been a starter. Does he have upside? Sure. But I don't think they got a good deal at all. The Fuller deal is extremely rich for a guy who had one good year, and I do agree with the Robinson signing but we'll see if he can ever top that 1400 / 14 year.

They could have probably kept Josh Sitton too, although if they get Nelson they will be ok.

Overall I think they had a fine offseason, re-signing Amukamara was smart and they did address positional needs. I think an A is definitely a reach though.

Nightmarez
03-21-2018, 12:24 PM
I think the Trey Burton signing was a bit rich... The Bears have already been holding a few TEs and were grooming Shaheen. Burton is one of the highest paid TEs in the league now and he's never been a starter. Does he have upside? Sure. But I don't think they got a good deal at all. The Fuller deal is extremely rich for a guy who had one good year, and I do agree with the Robinson signing but we'll see if he can ever top that 1400 / 14 year.

They could have probably kept Josh Sitton too, although if they get Nelson they will be ok.

Overall I think they had a fine offseason, re-signing Amukamara was smart and they did address positional needs. I think an A is definitely a reach though.

Firstly, I do kind of agree, especially on the names you threw out, but before I address that at all I just want to point out again that I'm not talking about grading Free Agency but the offseason first and foremost. To me, replacing Fox/Loggains/Staff with Nagy/Helfrich/Staff is likely to be a bigger and more meaningful change to me than anything personnel wise including signing A-Rob. If I could've chosen Nagy or ARob, I would've chosen Nagy.

The Fox era has left a distinctive terrible taste in my mouth. I think he solidly earned himself the title of the worst Bears coach of all time, if not just in my lifetime. He was awful and you can't blame the team or anyone else around him. Fox was 1-7 I believe in games where the Bears were favored. He made gaffs on the field and in play calling constantly. He treated his cookie cutter game plans like they were top secret, and didn't trust the personnel that gave them success as a team.

The jury is still out on Nagy as a Head Coach obviously, but undeniably he was a hot commodity that chose the Bears for starters, and more prominently, I've been highly impressed with the staff Nagy was able to wrest away from the football world. He kept Fangio, who is very highly regarded in Chicago as a DC and was the DC under Harbaugh in SF, despite the regime change. He brought in the Oregon OC, ND OLine Coach, Browns ST Coordinator, as well as people like former HC Brad Childress as just a "Offensive Assistant" I believe. So I've been very satisfied with the Staff and think for the first time in my life this is a coach I really believe can be a Head Coach / EXECUTIVE that creates a winning environment.

In terms of holding a few TEs, they really only have Shaheen, who isn't ready to take on a full time role and really wasn't afforded PT by Fox, and Daniel Brown, who isn't making much money and is just bleh. The Burton deal is a risk and, like the McKinnon deal in SF, pays a player for what he could do but hasn't. Still, the deal is really only fully guaranteed or mostly guaranteed for 2018 and 2019. The Bears can opt-out before 2020 with only about 3.5 million in dead cap. In the NFL, you don't need to spend every penny, but sometimes it also seems pointless to leave money on the table. If the Burton deal goes south in 2018 and he's a slight albatross for one year in 2019, it is what it is. But realistically, other than this year that we've already passed Free Agency with numerous additions, it really only effects 2019 overall. So I'm satisfied with the deal as a risk, particularly because we are paying him to walk on the field and be the Starter.

I honestly think the bigger angle from this isn't Burton at all-- it's Shaheen, what the Bears are planning on with him, and if you think that the Burton move means that the Bears are shying away from their 2nd round pick in 2017. I think Shaheen still has talent and I think Fox was a moron to not get him more seasoning last year, but again overall he isn't ready to make that step, and if he struggles making it in 2018, even if you lost that Draft Capital, Burton gives us two shots to have an above average pass-catching TE over the next 4 years instead of just one. A little rich, but with the Opt-Out in 2020 that deal I'm higher on than most.

I think we're pretty similar in the opinion of the Fuller deal. It is extremely rich, but I will debate one point, and that is that he has had one good year. Fuller was drafted in 2014 in the first round and spent two full years as a starting CB putting up decent numbers and getting decent grades. A hip injury and a few off-field things dropped people's opinion of Fuller in 2016 far below where it was, but then he came back in a big way and had his best career year in 2017. I think even if the Bears get the 2015 version of Kyle Fuller as a prime aged, prime position, and former First Round player, I feel that the Bears will get a decent ROI on this contract.

Here's a graph on Fuller from 2015. In 2015 Fuller ranked 4th among all corners in Yards per Coverage Snap and Coverage Snaps per Reception.

Fuller Yards Per Coverage Snap 2015 (https://media.profootballfocus.com/2017/05/Fuller-Graph-Image.png)

So the Fuller deal is rich, but one good year really isn't fair. He's been a clear-cut Cornerback 1 in both 2015 and 2017, and was hurt and didn't play at all in 2016. For a guy who entered the league as a first round pick in 2014, this is not a terrible career. Again, I think that 2016 dropped Fuller's stock a lot and made people forget about 2015. But he didn't even suck in 2016-- he just didn't play.

In terms of Sitton, releasing Sitton is what makes me think the Bears are definitely going after Nelson. They already have committed long term money to oft-injured Kyle Long and re-signed 3rd Guard Bradley Sowell. I think the Sowell re-signing in particular says that the Bears were done with Sitton for the price, and felt that they were going to get someone else in there, hopefully Nelson, to bridge that gap. In a perfect world I would've loved to hold on to Sitton too, but I don't know what moves clearing Sitton's 8 Mill allowed us to make, so I can't say too much definitively. The Bears seem fine starting Sowell if absolutely necessary and having him as a confident 3rd Guard regardless. I'm hoping we just get Nelson.

So again, I do understand why you highlighted the moves you did. I definitely think they have question marks. Overall though, I will be clear that my grading of an A is highly leaning on not the Personnel we brought in at Skilled positions or on the field, but rather the signing of Nagy, his staff, and the retaining of an excellent DC through the regime change in Vic Fangio.

bludhoundz
03-21-2018, 05:10 PM
i don't know most of the minor staff guys and the jury is still out on Nagy so I'd still call that a pretty optimistic grade

keeping Fangio is good

Nightmarez
03-21-2018, 05:30 PM
i don't know most of the minor staff guys and the jury is still out on Nagy so I'd still call that a pretty optimistic grade

keeping Fangio is good

I agree, it's a bit optimistic. I will say this though, I think part of the reason it's so optimistic is that Ryan Pace and I seem to see eye to eye on pretty much everything that was done this offseason. Not that it's rocket science, but my dream offseason was an offensive HC, keeping Fangio, signing preferrably ARob, maybe Watkins so we didn't have to do so in the draft, and keeping our defensive core together. So we matched my midseason dream to the letter. Even Burton is a player that I was fond of previously during his time on the Eagles. Again, I do agree it's a bit of an optimistic payment there, but not a true long term commitment, so someone I'm again satisfied in acquiring.

bludhoundz
03-24-2018, 06:39 PM
btw i still suck but if any of you have madden on ps4 and want to play, hit me up

Hulky
03-27-2018, 10:24 AM
Suh Talib and Marcus Peters to the Rams is very good.

Hulky
03-27-2018, 10:25 AM

Nightmarez
03-28-2018, 12:21 PM

More like ridiculous right? I mean I know they don't have Trumaine Johnson or Robert Quinn so it's not like they *just* added, but the combination of Donald + Suh on the line and the combination of Talib (even at his age) and Peters at CB is kinda ridiculous.

Hulky how many QBs do you think go in the top 5 (or top 7 if I"m asking from the direct perspective of a Bears fan).

Hulky
03-28-2018, 01:36 PM
I think the first four picks are Allen, Rosen, Mayfield and Darnold in that order (Browns, Giants, Jets, then Bills [from Browns for 12 and 22]). Giants are taking a QB at two, otherwise why the balls would they have no accepted the Jets trade with the Colts for pick 6 and three seconds?

bludhoundz
03-28-2018, 05:43 PM
Hulky I think you mean the Giants must be taking a QB at 2 if they didn't accept the Jets' offer. But there's nothing to indicate the Jets even made that offer to the Giants

Personally I hope if we don't draft a QB, that we make off with a fortune

bdog1321
03-29-2018, 02:18 PM
Hulky I think you mean the Giants must be taking a QB at 2 if they didn't accept the Jets' offer. But there's nothing to indicate the Jets even made that offer to the Giants

Personally I hope if we don't draft a QB, that we make off with a fortune

Plz draft qb

bdog1321
03-29-2018, 02:19 PM
I think the first four picks are Allen, Rosen, Mayfield and Darnold in that order (Browns, Giants, Jets, then Bills [from Browns for 12 and 22]). Giants are taking a QB at two, otherwise why the balls would they have no accepted the Jets trade with the Colts for pick 6 and three seconds?

Bills might need to throw a 4th in to get that done

Hulky
03-30-2018, 01:48 PM
yeah sure I think that's close to draft value chart though so it's "fair" then could go way higher depending on who else is bidding an extra 4th isn't that much could be a next years first also if the pick is hot

Greendaybum5
04-02-2018, 07:10 PM

barkleyyyyyy that's why

Hulky
04-02-2018, 08:38 PM
they don't have an oline though

Greendaybum5
04-03-2018, 06:59 PM
well how about that trade. Rams really making a push to compete with Philly. I wanna see Goff do it one more year before I'm sold on him. Can't wait to see vikings offense with Cousins and Cook there too.

bdog1321
04-03-2018, 11:37 PM
Rams are way better than Philly now...on paper

bludhoundz
04-03-2018, 11:48 PM
if only they could stop the run tho

Greendaybum5
04-07-2018, 03:20 PM
Rams are way better than Philly now...on paper

typical cowboys fan...cooks doesn't make them better than philly lol

bdog1321
04-07-2018, 04:05 PM
typical cowboys fan...cooks doesn't make them better than philly lol

When did you become like this lol

bdog1321
04-13-2018, 01:11 PM
fucking bullshit

Hulky
04-13-2018, 03:34 PM
I'm assuming that's about the Cowboys cutting Dez

The Cheat
04-13-2018, 11:48 PM
It was time. Dez been going down each year. He cost too much. It was time.

Hulky
04-15-2018, 12:40 PM
Saquon Barkley wore a Giants hoodie to the barbershop recently. I wonder if they already told him he's a Giant and he's low key excited.

bludhoundz
04-15-2018, 06:30 PM
keep the confusion coming. the GMen are in a great position with the 2nd pick to trade down even only a few spots (Broncos, Bills maybe) and come back with a nice haul. the fact that nobody really knows what they're targeting is big

Greendaybum5
04-15-2018, 11:12 PM
keep the confusion coming. the GMen are in a great position with the 2nd pick to trade down even only a few spots (Broncos, Bills maybe) and come back with a nice haul. the fact that nobody really knows what they're targeting is big

yea they 100% should trade back to the 6-8 range

bludhoundz
04-16-2018, 08:07 AM
yeah that's probably what i would do. i'll trust our gm though, i'm not opposed to taking a QB either

bdog1321
04-16-2018, 09:47 AM
i wonder if the cowboys will draft a wide receiver

:search:

Sanosuke
04-16-2018, 03:34 PM
Calvin Ridley to Dallas, calling it

Sanosuke
04-16-2018, 03:35 PM
Roquan Smith to oakland would be amazing. Would love to see one of my favorite UGA players teamed with Khalil Mack.

The Cheat
04-16-2018, 09:39 PM
On this day 18 years ago, with pick 199...Tom Brady was drafted by the Pats.

Damn them all to hell.

bludhoundz
04-18-2018, 07:19 AM

i was pretty sure they were targeting this guy as soon as i heard of him lol. never thought dez was gonna stay, this move was no shocker at all

Nightmarez
04-19-2018, 05:51 PM

I think they go Sutton or Moore.

Nightmarez
04-19-2018, 06:10 PM
Predicting the Bears draft: (I have a much longer post on a sports forum)

R1: Q. Nelson
R2: A. Key
R4: D. Hamilton
R4: CB

If Nelson isn't on the board in R1 I think we trade back and get someone named Isaiah (Oliver or Wynn).

I actually think we may move back in R2 anyway. I think Stewart Jr. from NC could be on the board for us if we somehow get into the mid-2nd.

bludhoundz
04-22-2018, 10:36 AM
i don't see how nelson would fall to 8 personally

Greendaybum5
04-22-2018, 11:24 AM

With all the possible trades that could happen who knows. Could have 4 QBs, Barkley, Edwards, Chubb, James, Ward, Fitzpatrick, Smith. I can't remember a year with this much uncertainty in top 10.

Nightmarez
04-22-2018, 02:06 PM

I don't know, it's been predicted in the vast majority of mocks. And I think it's pretty likely honestly.

I think about it this way:

Chubb isn't falling. Barkley isn't falling. We dont know who all is going QB, but logically any team going QB isn't trading BACK behind 8th, and at LEAST one team is likely to trade UP.

Yeah I definitely see it not happening. Don't get me wrong. I think it's at like a 52%/48% range to me, so it's not like I think you're crazy or it's super likely to happen, but too many teams drafting QBs + Saquon + Chubb + IOL / G being a "weak" position = QN Slips to 8.

I think the LBs could go first too. I think someone's gonna get a hard on for Tremaine and Roquan as the kind of defensive players that captain your defense for the next 10 years.

Sanosuke
04-23-2018, 03:39 PM
Roquan is a bonafide stud

bludhoundz
04-24-2018, 09:56 PM
its true, you never know

my understanding was that the top picks will probably be 3 (maybe 4) QBs, Barkley, Chubb, Ward, and Nelson. I don't know about any of these safeties or linebackers going that high, though it's possible

Nightmarez
04-24-2018, 10:35 PM
its true, you never know

my understanding was that the top picks will probably be 3 (maybe 4) QBs, Barkley, Chubb, Ward, and Nelson. I don't know about any of these safeties or linebackers going that high, though it's possible

If one of Rosen Darnold Allen or Mayfield were on the board at 8 I would be pretty surprised and I think we would immediately trade back for a ransom for the team wanting that QB. I also would be Pretty surprised to see Saquon or Chubb fall to 8. So even if I think Nelson is a pretty likely top 7 choice when I think 6 are all-but guaranteed it's more likely to me that someone whether it be Roquan or Minkah or ware goes top 7 to allow a lowly IOL to fall to 8

bludhoundz
04-27-2018, 02:40 AM
crazy round 1, lots of trades. jets are pretty super happy, but i think the bills f'd up big time. i think the browns might have failed too, lol

Nightmarez
04-27-2018, 01:42 PM
Roquan is a bonafide stud

Hey Sano if we get Lorenzo Carter you gonna become a Bears fan lol?

KBHoleN1
04-27-2018, 02:46 PM
Goodbye Jason Witten :cry:

bdog1321
04-27-2018, 02:47 PM
the only player still on the team whose jersey i have is now sean lee....

i have 8 jerseys

bdog1321
04-27-2018, 02:47 PM
this is my first time having complete team turnover. older fans have surely experienced this a few times, but all of the big iconic players from when i first became a football fan are now gone. it's a weird feeling.

Hulky
04-27-2018, 03:06 PM
Unless you count Sebastian Janikowski (I have his jersey and he just left this offseason lol) Raiders turn over like every 3 years.

Nightmarez
04-27-2018, 05:55 PM
this is my first time having complete team turnover. older fans have surely experienced this a few times, but all of the big iconic players from when i first became a football fan are now gone. it's a weird feeling.

Unless you count Sebastian Janikowski (I have his jersey and he just left this offseason lol) Raiders turn over like every 3 years.

Yeah it doesn't have a lot to do with age lol. I mean of course some, but it has more to do with Witten being there forever. If I were a Bears fan my complete turn around at this point would be if I were... 4? Kyle Long and Fuller too of our "long term" players.

Hulky
04-27-2018, 06:07 PM
Janikowski was with the Raiders his entire career and not just old, I dunno if I misunderstood what you were talking about.

bdog1321
04-27-2018, 07:47 PM
Yeah it doesn't have a lot to do with age lol. I mean of course some, but it has more to do with Witten being there forever. If I were a Bears fan my complete turn around at this point would be if I were... 4? Kyle Long and Fuller too of our "long term" players.

well i guess it does only when you have a good core of players

Nightmarez
04-27-2018, 09:19 PM
well i guess it does only when you have a good core of players

Yup. that's why I'm stoked about the Bears rn.

Super happy about today. No 2nd rounder will sink in at some point for 2019, but Roquan Miller, James Daniels, and Anthony Miller is incredible.

bludhoundz
04-28-2018, 02:18 AM
giants are killing this draft dude

so glad we got gettleman back

Nightmarez
04-28-2018, 03:17 AM
giants are killing this draft dude

so glad we got gettleman back

Yup. The QB position is so important so if Eli plays poorly/Webb doesn't take a step forward I think the team could obviously still be in a lot of trouble. But Saquon / Hernandez is a beautiful pair for the run game. Lorenzo Carter is a beast. And I don't know the DT as well but he seems favored.

Hulky
04-28-2018, 11:20 AM
There is a ton of really good prospects left

Maurice Hurst, if his heart is alright, DT Michigan is an awesome penetrating 3 tech.
Josey Jewell isn't super athletic, but he is instinctual. I think he could start in the right scheme. I wouldn't want him covering God-tier athletes though.
Equanimeous St. Brown is a prototype at WR, but he never had a QB to show off.
Shaquem Griffin I think is an ideal WLB in a 4-3 under scheme.
Tim Settle is like 19 maybe 20 years old and a pretty damn good NT.
Dorance Armstrong is undersized and Kansas sucked, but he should be a good rusher for a 3-4 team.
Deshon Elliott is the man, just doesn't have multiple years of tape to evaluate.
Jaylen Samuels is Gruden's perfect prospect and the Raiders better fucking take him. He is a FB/TE playmaker.
Antonio Callaway might be the best WR in the draft, but off the field issues.
Bunch of RBs left too.
Did Will Clapp go? If not he's a starting caliber center.

Ton of guys I haven't listed.

bludhoundz
04-28-2018, 12:08 PM
Yup. The QB position is so important so if Eli plays poorly/Webb doesn't take a step forward I think the team could obviously still be in a lot of trouble. But Saquon / Hernandez is a beautiful pair for the run game. Lorenzo Carter is a beast. And I don't know the DT as well but he seems favored.

yeah the roster certainly still has holes / lacks depth because our previous GM was pretty ass. i wouldn't be surprised at all if this season doesn't play out that well for them but this is a good step forward. as a giants fan, believing in Eli is pretty much the only thing I know anyway, so i'm not really uncomfortable with that. the one thing is i doubt we pick this high again any time soon so if we need a replacement QB it's gonna come from a later pick. got pretty much no basis for faith in webb at this point

Hulky
04-28-2018, 12:24 PM
Browns WRs are fucking crazy lol

Josh Gordon
Antonio Callaway
Jarvis Landry
Corey Coleman

bludhoundz
04-28-2018, 12:42 PM
corey coleman is looking like a bust so far though. we'll see

Nightmarez
04-28-2018, 03:33 PM
corey coleman is looking like a bust so far though. we'll see

I wasn't sure if that was crazy good or... just crazy...

I mean ther'es a lot of drama there.

Da Gyps
04-28-2018, 10:25 PM
Not thrilled with this draft tbh

Hulky
04-28-2018, 10:48 PM
The Raiders had a really good draft class. Not getting the "oh shit they got a stud" in the first made it feel bad, but the vision in the end was pretty good.

Nightmarez
04-28-2018, 11:08 PM
I'm thrilled with the Bears draft.

bludhoundz
04-29-2018, 03:30 AM
I wasn't sure if that was crazy good or... just crazy...

I mean ther'es a lot of drama there.

good point

Nightmarez
04-29-2018, 10:59 AM
good point

The broadcast discussed it but do you think Gordon is a positive or a negative for Callaway? Because I can easily see it being either. Is Gordon now the kind've guy who can offer support or are you missing more fuel to his fire and now you're going to have two rehabbing WRs when perhaps you could've gotten away with keeping them seperate.

bludhoundz
04-29-2018, 12:32 PM
That kind of thing is hard to say and I think a big reason why player "character issues" lead to drastically different evaluations and grades by teams before the draft. Judging how a person will impact the growth of others is pretty difficult unless they're a well respected veteran in which case the answer is usually that they will help that growth.

I think it really depends on how much Gordon himself has changed and his demonstration of that. If Callaway can see Gordon as someone who's really escaped from a Johnny Football-like purgatory, then he should be a positive influence. That said, the effect would probably be stronger had Gordon come back a year earlier and re-established himself as a top tier wideout or something. Ultimately it's really anybody's guess but I think Gordon will try to help him out, and Callaway will have to meet him halfway. Of course, you have to factor the other guys into this too and I don't really know what to expect from Landry any more

Hulky
04-29-2018, 01:00 PM
I think Callaway with a paycheck immediately solves some of his issues as his character issues had to do with insurance fraud to try and get money.

bdog1321
04-29-2018, 04:45 PM
The Raiders had a really good draft class. Not getting the "oh shit they got a stud" in the first made it feel bad, but the vision in the end was pretty good.

Most of the analysts gave the raiders poor grades, but I guess that's why grading draft picks the day after is so stupid

Nightmarez
04-29-2018, 05:49 PM
I think particularly on the defensive end the Raiders have potentially the biggest boom or bust draft. It's funny because they got Kolton who some would have considered a reach at 15 (though as a Tackle, probably not) but got 1st Round Defensive talents in the 3rd and 5th in Key and Hurst. If Key's a head-case and Hurst is a heart-case, then I don't think it's a very good draft. If those two player's problems are over blown, they I think it's a great draft, because it's hard to find that kind of prolific talent late day 2 / early day 3, where comparatively my team the Bears drafted primarily defensive players from small universities.

Sanosuke
04-29-2018, 10:46 PM
Hey Sano if we get Lorenzo Carter you gonna become a Bears fan lol?

I just want Smith to destroy people at a high level in the NFL forever.

I thought the Browns did an amazing job with their draft. They have enough talent to go from 1-31 to playoffs.

Nightmarez
04-30-2018, 01:32 AM
I just want Smith to destroy people at a high level in the NFL forever.

I thought the Browns did an amazing job with their draft. They have enough talent to go from 1-31 to playoffs.

What about Wims?

Sanosuke
05-01-2018, 03:00 PM
What about Wims?

Javon Wims reminds me of Dez Bryant but more raw. Big target at 6-4, can probably stay around 210-220 range. Not the fastest guy but his jumpball skills are excellent. Should excell as a big red zone target. Poor man's Mike Evans or Dez Bryant but should given the chance I think he could produce after a couple years of learning in the NFL.

Nightmarez
05-01-2018, 10:59 PM
Javon Wims reminds me of Dez Bryant but more raw. Big target at 6-4, can probably stay around 210-220 range. Not the fastest guy but his jumpball skills are excellent. Should excell as a big red zone target. Poor man's Mike Evans or Dez Bryant but should given the chance I think he could produce after a couple years of learning in the NFL.

I think he'll be given the chance. We brought in a lot of guys but there's not a reason he shouldn't get a roster spot. Right now I have Demarcus Ayers, Josh Bellamy, and Marlon Brown cut from the 88 we currently have under contract, and Allen Robinson, Taylor Gabriel, Anthony Miller, Kevin White, Bennie Fowler, and Javon Wims. I think Bellamy or Fowler make the roster as a solid guy who's just a guy who can play assignment football. But I don't think you need both. Otherwise he shouldn't have too much competition, unless they insist on making Ayers the returner.

I think he could theoretically win a spot over Kevin White even though. If he shows up to camp prepared I think he'll do fine. Having Roquan with him I think will probably help.

Sanosuke
05-03-2018, 02:17 PM
someone make sure bdog is ok pls

Da Gyps
05-06-2018, 01:30 PM
someone make sure bdog is ok pls

What did I miss?

Hulky
05-06-2018, 02:58 PM
What did I miss?

Jason Witten retired (and before that Dez was cut)

The Cowboys bdog became a fan of, are basically all gone now.

bdog1321
05-14-2018, 10:41 AM
rico gathers time

bdog1321
05-14-2018, 10:47 AM
fuck the seahawks

The Cheat
05-14-2018, 07:33 PM
fuck the seahawks

Always. Now and forever.

bludhoundz
05-16-2018, 04:36 PM
Why?

bdog1321
05-19-2018, 12:25 PM
Jj watt for president

Hulky
05-19-2018, 12:48 PM
I don't get why players don't have the team separately create a fund for charity causes directed by the player and then make X dollars less. Like take a $1mil paycut to have the owner donate $2mil to whatever causes. Allow cap flexibility and more money for your causes. Like for example Derek Carr is giving tithe, which is a religious 10% of earnings given to charity. Why not have Mark Davis donate on behalf of you signing, and take 7% less on your contract? Win-win right? Is it against the spirit of giving? Is it against cap rules? Why don't agents ask for this?

bludhoundz
05-19-2018, 01:10 PM
Derek Carr gives tithe? Jesus Christ.

Hulky
05-19-2018, 01:44 PM
Yeah I vaguely remember when he signed he said he'd give tithe and buy a chik fil a sandwich with his new contract

bdog1321
05-24-2018, 04:10 PM
excited for fantasy

Hugh
05-25-2018, 10:36 PM
All NFL QBs are douchebags. Just goes with the territory.

Nightmarez
05-27-2018, 01:08 PM
All NFL QBs are douchebags. Just goes with the territory.

Maybe it's jsut living in Indiana, but I've never felt that to be the case.

The Cheat
05-27-2018, 06:40 PM
Maybe it's jsut living in Indiana, but I've never felt that to be the case.

Your kidding right?

Hugh is 100% right on this one.

Nightmarez
05-27-2018, 06:56 PM
I’d debate the word “all” is all.

The Cheat
05-27-2018, 07:01 PM
I’d debate the word “all” is all.

and you would be wrong.

Nightmarez
05-27-2018, 07:32 PM
and you would be wrong.

Or we just disagree... It's amazing how simple that can be.

Da Gyps
05-29-2018, 06:08 PM
Not as big of douches as Brady lol.

Honestly some seem like alright guys.

Nightmarez
05-29-2018, 10:32 PM
Not as big of douches as Brady lol.

Honestly some seem like alright guys.

All I’m saying. Early impressions of Trubisky have been positive. I’m not gonna knock Peyton even if I get why some may

Spencer 555
05-30-2018, 02:09 PM
Or we just disagree... It's amazing how simple that can be.

Rhyming accidentally.

I'm out.

bludhoundz
06-08-2018, 07:34 AM
https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/34594912_1961350853911593_5614465447870070784_n.jp g?_nc_cat=0&oh=f0a629fe3a9f020e5e624d58d3a318fb&oe=5B81AA73

The One
06-12-2018, 01:12 AM
Hugh, how does it feel to see your boy Richard Sherman in Red & Gold? Lol.

God I can't wait for football. Rams have a squad this year, but I think the Niners will make some noise.

Hugh
06-12-2018, 08:02 PM
It sucks, but I’ve seen lots of my favorite players come and go. That’s the way it is. I swear some people around here act like they know these players personally.
But yeah, it sucks.

Hulky
06-14-2018, 12:53 PM
Only thing that would have been more hilarious is if Crabtree had signed with Seattle instead of the Ravens.

Hugh
06-23-2018, 11:55 AM
Hugh, how does it feel to see your boy Richard Sherman in Red & Gold? Lol.

God I can't wait for football. Rams have a squad this year, but I think the Niners will make some noise.

Meant to ask you how it feels to have Sherman wearing a Niners uniform?
I always said you’d love him if he was on your team. Of course that’s when he was a shutdown corner. Guess we’ll see if he still is.:)

bludhoundz
06-28-2018, 08:00 AM
https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/31318425_1918790698167609_690331021199015936_n.jpg ?_nc_cat=0&_nc_eui2=AeF1n2jDHlQxE_nOPzU1WE48wBA7lnpmeqDjnshNm-s11deR2xvNBK8dvna892UzBKRYpcJMS1wszRveyJNlREsMhKJT fw3YbD3_ok_JcDdb0g&oh=4f9206558e1190f261060ab534483727&oe=5BA18D30

Spencer 555
06-28-2018, 11:44 AM
Did u forget u already responded to his post? Are you going senile? Is it time we put u in a home?

Hugh
07-01-2018, 11:47 AM
I was responding to his post again, and I quoted it again just to help with any confusion for people who don’t know what I’m talking about, or about American football in general.
Like Canadians.

bdog1321
07-01-2018, 07:49 PM
rip seahawks lmao

Hugh
07-01-2018, 08:23 PM
I’ll bet the Seahawks have a better record than the Cowboys this season.

KBHoleN1
07-01-2018, 08:46 PM
I’ll bet the Seahawks have a better record than the Cowboys this season.

Mfw this is probably true.

https://media.npr.org/assets/img/2016/03/29/ap_090911089838_sq-3271237f28995f6530d9634ff27228cae88e3440-s900-c85.jpg

Da Gyps
07-27-2018, 06:51 PM
https://twitter.com/DezBryant/status/1022973832406216705

Hugh
07-31-2018, 12:15 AM
I can’t believe we haven’t talked about Jimmy Garappolo dating a 41 year old porn star. How fucking retarded is this guy? I mean if he has some fetish because he used to jerk off to her in junior high, I get it. Live out your fantasy but do it on the down low. Jesus Christ. He’s the new qb of the San Francisco 49ers. Imagine how many people were telling him not to be seen in public with her. He thought this would be a good image? He’s surprised he’s getting backlash? He’s calling by it a learning experience?
I’m telling you, this guy’s a weirdo and an idiot. Huge red flag.

Hulky
08-02-2018, 11:35 PM
Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor, Donovan McNabb, Eric Davis, and an NFL Network Executive Producer all fired from NFLN/ESPN for sexual harassment. Sending nudie pics and videos of them masturbating to female coworkers and shit like that.

Hugh
08-03-2018, 12:17 AM
Pants on head retarded, all of them.

bdog1321
08-07-2018, 10:18 AM
Ray Lewis is actually stark raving mad

Hugh
08-07-2018, 05:05 PM
I don’t blame TO for not attending. Not only did he get completely disrespected by not being a first ballot, which is fucking ridiculous, but going through the ceremony with Ray Lewis would be unbearable.

Hulky
08-17-2018, 11:22 AM
Patriots bad luck on these Georgia first round picks first the RB now Wynn on OL with torn achilles.

Hugh
08-17-2018, 12:01 PM
It’s about time the Patriots had some bad luck.

bludhoundz
08-19-2018, 07:38 AM
Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor, Donovan McNabb, Eric Davis, and an NFL Network Executive Producer all fired from NFLN/ESPN for sexual harassment. Sending nudie pics and videos of them masturbating to female coworkers and shit like that.

Good riddance. They were all terrible analysts anyway.

Hugh
08-19-2018, 10:10 AM
That’s true. They really were all terrible analysts. I don’t remember an interesting opinion from any of those douchebags.
Marshal Faulk always came across as a dick, too. So did Heath Evans. Can’t say that about Mcnabb but I hated listening to him. He needed some kind of sinus or throat surgery because he sounded like he was holding his nose and talking underwater.

Hulky
08-19-2018, 10:17 AM
Ike Taylor was bar none the worst though.

I think this year is the most balanced NFL in hella years though.

Bills are the obvious worst team though but they made the playoffs last year so even if they are worst their fans have something

bdog1321
08-22-2018, 08:21 PM
rip frederick

The One
08-29-2018, 12:25 AM
Just here posting my annual fuck the Seahawks post. Nothing new...move along. :)

Hulky
08-31-2018, 12:34 PM
Donald with the 135m deal wtf will Mack cost 150m over 6 years?

bludhoundz
08-31-2018, 07:02 PM
no defensive player should get more than donald. not to say it won't happen but it shouldn't

Hulky
08-31-2018, 09:24 PM
Mack deserves more than Donald. Defense MVP All Pro at LB and DE. DE makes more than three tech dt and he's younger

bludhoundz
09-01-2018, 09:32 AM
It's true that DEs make more than DTs but he's only like a year younger. I truly believe Aaron Donald is not only the best defensive player in the NFL (and I really, honestly, do not think that 2nd place is all that close), and quite possibly the best in the league. Mack is no doubt a fantastic player but I don't think he deserves more. It is possible that he gets more.

Also it looks like he may be leaving Oakland...

Hulky
09-01-2018, 09:36 AM
Yeah just traded to the Bears who are about to pay him. Wish they sent him to SF but whatever.

bdog1321
09-01-2018, 10:31 AM
Yeah just traded to the Bears who are about to pay him. Wish they sent him to SF but whatever.

I would rather have mack than 2 first round picks for a team that hasn't been great at spending them in the draft recently

Hulky
09-01-2018, 10:41 AM
I agree, but even if they'd pick two good players. still was awesome to have him for four years and can root for him on the Bears. Leave Oakland and trade some of the best players in decades and you are asking fans to just follow the greater NFL than be "loyal"

bdog1321
09-01-2018, 06:04 PM
what is happening today jesus

Nightmarez
09-02-2018, 10:36 AM
It's true that DEs make more than DTs but he's only like a year younger. I truly believe Aaron Donald is not only the best defensive player in the NFL (and I really, honestly, do not think that 2nd place is all that close), and quite possibly the best in the league. Mack is no doubt a fantastic player but I don't think he deserves more. It is possible that he gets more.

Also it looks like he may be leaving Oakland...

Idk who deserves to get more, but as a fan of the team I'm certainly not upset about either the figure of Draft Picks or the figure of $$$$. Donald sets the line of attack a bit more, but Mack can effect so much with help. I'm ecstatic to pair him with a genius DC in Fangio and a DL that can take blocks up front like Hicks and Goldman, and the potential of Floyd on the other side. Fangio got Aldon Smith up around 33.5 in his first two years. Mack could be a 16 sack guy on this team and defense. I don'tknow the Raiders personnel as well, but I'd be willing to bet top-down this is the best defense Mack has ever played on.

Hulky
09-02-2018, 10:45 AM
Mack can be a lot more than 16 sack guy. You realize our second best front 7 player got cut when he was on the trade block (Mario Edwards) Mack can be a 16 sack guy if he's the only player on your team. Donald has has Brockers and Quinn his whole career. Mack is 255ish and the opposite de was LB Bruce Irvin who is like 240 in a 43. Mack played all pro lob for us in a 43 as well but we had zero pass rush if he wasn't in on it. Mack is going to be insane in Chicago unless like Fuller regresses and the ballsnever in qb hands. Macks the fucking best against the run though. I might get a Bears Mack jersey

Hugh
09-02-2018, 07:36 PM
Weird question but are you pissed about this, Hulky? I mean I don’t really know if you get mad about things like this, though I doubt you’re happy about it. I honestly can’t tell.

Hulky
09-02-2018, 08:39 PM
I'm happy for Mack
Think Gruden is retarded player personnel wise but potentially still a great coach. They really need to grow some balls and tell him he is the coach and Reggie is the GM though.

Hugh
09-02-2018, 09:25 PM
How do you feel about the fact that Gruden traded one of the best, if not the very best, defensive player in the entire NFL in his prime? I mean it’s nice that you’re happy for Khalil Mack, but how do you feel as a Raiders fan?

Hulky
09-02-2018, 11:24 PM
Care a whole lot less than if they were staying in Oakland and did this. It feels like they are saying fuck Oakland and the picks will add young Vegas talent instead of like 28-30 Mack when Vegas opens. I get it, but fuck them. I've always followed multiple teams and probably still will. Mack as a Bear is cool and I bet Bears Packers is on local tv over like Raiders Titans or whatever.

Hulky
09-02-2018, 11:30 PM
Don't get me wrong if there was a vote to bring Mack back in exchange for all our picks next year, Gruden and the rights to Vegas (raiders stay in Oakland) I'd vote yes on Mack in a heartbeat

Hugh
09-03-2018, 12:02 AM
Yep, I totally get that.

Nightmarez
09-03-2018, 09:56 AM
Mack can be a lot more than 16 sack guy. You realize our second best front 7 player got cut when he was on the trade block (Mario Edwards) Mack can be a 16 sack guy if he's the only player on your team. Donald has has Brockers and Quinn his whole career. Mack is 255ish and the opposite de was LB Bruce Irvin who is like 240 in a 43. Mack played all pro lob for us in a 43 as well but we had zero pass rush if he wasn't in on it. Mack is going to be insane in Chicago unless like Fuller regresses and the ballsnever in qb hands. Macks the fucking best against the run though. I might get a Bears Mack jersey

I more or leess feel the same. I just didn't want to completely talk out of task about a Defense that I knew less about than others on this board^^

Bears have personnel to win at every level. Hicks and Goldman are huge and should help erase the run a the first level. Hicks is a run mauler with 7+ sacks. Goldman a quality NT. Linebackers have a shot to be A to A+ level. Floyd has flashed All-Pro when healthy. Smith is a freak. Trevathan is very solid... Mack. Pass rush was the question prior to trade (inj. Floyd, Lynch, I. Irving, Fangio's Scheme). Not anymore.

The big question is how good hte secondary is. Last year it was REALLY good. Fuller was a clear #1 CB. Not elite like Jalen Ramsey or anything, but one of the 10-15ish best CBs. Amukamara does not get INTs but he also doesn't get picked on. Adrian Amos was a PFF All-Pro and graded second highest to Harrison Smith. Eddie Jackson was an explosive rookie. Bryce Callahan is a quality Nickel-CB.

If the Secondary, who's oldest players are 5th year players (and Amu I suppose, but Fuller and Amos are the big ones), can repeat last year performance wise it's going to be a top 5 to top 3 defense, barring health.

And a lot of that confidence of course comes from Fangio. Fangio is an excellent DC. Excellent DC's get play makers away from blocks so they can have free reign. Fangio is excellent at that, and with Goldman and Hicks he has two great playres at the first level to help him out as well. He's consistently put Bowman, WIllis, Aldon Smith... etc. in the right spots. I think Fangio will keep everyone in the right spots.

bdog1321
09-03-2018, 12:12 PM
I more or leess feel the same. I just didn't want to completely talk out of task about a Defense that I knew less about than others on this board^^

Bears have personnel to win at every level. Hicks and Goldman are huge and should help erase the run a the first level. Hicks is a run mauler with 7+ sacks. Goldman a quality NT. Linebackers have a shot to be A to A+ level. Floyd has flashed All-Pro when healthy. Smith is a freak. Trevathan is very solid... Mack. Pass rush was the question prior to trade (inj. Floyd, Lynch, I. Irving, Fangio's Scheme). Not anymore.

The big question is how good hte secondary is. Last year it was REALLY good. Fuller was a clear #1 CB. Not elite like Jalen Ramsey or anything, but one of the 10-15ish best CBs. Amukamara does not get INTs but he also doesn't get picked on. Adrian Amos was a PFF All-Pro and graded second highest to Harrison Smith. Eddie Jackson was an explosive rookie. Bryce Callahan is a quality Nickel-CB.

If the Secondary, who's oldest players are 5th year players (and Amu I suppose, but Fuller and Amos are the big ones), can repeat last year performance wise it's going to be a top 5 to top 3 defense, barring health.

And a lot of that confidence of course comes from Fangio. Fangio is an excellent DC. Excellent DC's get play makers away from blocks so they can have free reign. Fangio is excellent at that, and with Goldman and Hicks he has two great playres at the first level to help him out as well. He's consistently put Bowman, WIllis, Aldon Smith... etc. in the right spots. I think Fangio will keep everyone in the right spots.

Too bad you have trubisky in a division with 2 top 5 qbs and Stafford

Nightmarez
09-03-2018, 02:22 PM
Too bad you have trubisky in a division with 2 top 5 qbs and Stafford

I mean yeah. But we’ll see how bad that is 16 games from now, and the Vikings are the only team in the North that I think can survive key injuries.

bludhoundz
09-03-2018, 10:41 PM
Kirk Cousins top 5 wat

Also Minnesota's o line is lookin suspect as fuck. Mack gonna feed.

Hulky
09-04-2018, 12:30 AM
Brady Rodgers Brees Wilson and (Cousins?)

Prolly closer to 10 but 5 isn't thatttttt far out. There's a significant drop from 4 to 5 regardless though.I think 5- to maybe like 15 are all kinda close.

bludhoundz
09-04-2018, 07:39 AM
Ben and Rivers are certainly better. Matt Ryan and Stafford are on the same level at worst. I agree that there are certainly arguments to be made in the 6-10 range though

Sanosuke
09-04-2018, 04:22 PM
YOU LIKE THAT?x

Hugh
09-04-2018, 09:23 PM
i think "certainly" is uncertain at best. after this season people will be talking about kirk cousins a lot differently

I agree. I wouldn’t call him top 5 right now ( most lists I’ve seen have him ranked around 12-14 ) but I believe he’s going to be great in Minnesota. He’ll be ranked a lot higher next season.

bludhoundz
09-04-2018, 09:50 PM
One great year from Cousins won't put him above Rivers for me.

O Line is so important for a team, and Minnesota's doesn't look great. If Elflein is fully healthy that'll help. They have a fantastic roster outside of that, but managed to stay extremely healthy (on defense) last year which is unlikely to repeat. I would bet money against them making it back to the NFC Championship game. EDIT: Granted this point is kinda unrelated to the QB tier, but just my 2 cents.

Hulky
09-04-2018, 10:11 PM
One great year from Cousins won't put him above Rivers for me.

O Line is so important for a team, and Minnesota's doesn't look great. If Elflein is fully healthy that'll help. They have a fantastic roster outside of that, but managed to stay extremely healthy last year which is unlikely to repeat. I would bet money against them making it back to the NFC Championship game. EDIT: Granted this point is kinda unrelated to the QB tier, but just my 2 cents.

what? they lost bradford and dalvin cook like instantly last year -- starting QB and RB

bludhoundz
09-04-2018, 10:58 PM
my bad i meant on defense. i do think diggs missed a few games too so yeah their offense wasn't extremely healthy

Gryph
09-05-2018, 07:58 AM
fwiw Cousins : 97.5 QB (5th) rating, 94-47 touchdown-to-turnover ratio (6th) and 6.77 yards per play (6th) are all pretty good lol

He aint flashy and electric like the other names on those lists (Brady, Rodgers, Wilson, etc) but the dude is just a steady production of numbers that range in the top 5-8 across the board in most metrics.

KBHoleN1
09-05-2018, 12:49 PM
Anyone want to do the Pick 'Em league this year? I joined the TAO group and made my picks for this week if anyone wants to participate.

I think this link (http://fantasy.espn.com/nfl-pigskin-pickem/2018/en/group?groupID=39741) will take you to the group.

Hulky
09-05-2018, 12:56 PM
needs a password KB, I tried 'freemantis' as that was the first thing that popped in my head, but when that didn't work I gave up

Lex
09-05-2018, 01:22 PM
needs a password KB, I tried 'freemantis' as that was the first thing that popped in my head, but when that didn't work I gave up

It's FREEMANTIS all caps

bludhoundz
09-06-2018, 07:26 AM
Where do I join? I see the group but no option to join. Or if I'm in and I don't realize it, I don't see a place to make picks.

Da Gyps
09-06-2018, 02:27 PM
Where do I join? I see the group but no option to join. Or if I'm in and I don't realize it, I don't see a place to make picks.

I had to go to start making my picks and then join groups.

manonfire101
09-06-2018, 02:52 PM
Joined. Wouldn't let me join on a chrome browser for whatever reason.

KBHoleN1
09-06-2018, 03:34 PM
Joined. Wouldn't let me join on a chrome browser for whatever reason.

I remember last year it didn't work on Chrome for me, but this time it worked fine. I did get a new laptop between those times, so maybe it's not strictly Chrome that has the issue. Are you using AdBlock Plus by chance? I used to, but switched to uBlock Origin with the new computer.

manonfire101
09-06-2018, 03:42 PM
I'm not. I don't know for sure if it's chrome. It might be the OS, or the version of the OS that I'm running. But I opened a different browser and the issue was resolved. It's easy to make picks using the other browser so I probably won't take the time to investigate it further.

I do know that I'm about to rock your socks in pick 'em, though.

KBHoleN1
09-06-2018, 03:54 PM
I do know that I'm about to rock your socks in pick 'em, though.

https://media.giphy.com/media/9wv8qIAq9njgY/giphy.gif

bludhoundz
09-06-2018, 11:03 PM
Julio caught that ball in bounds.

Hugh
09-06-2018, 11:08 PM
This game fucking suuuuuuucks.
Who are these shitty teams and what have they done with the Eagles and Falcons?

bdog1321
09-07-2018, 08:15 AM
Matt ryan is a bum system qb

Hulky
09-08-2018, 03:06 PM
Made a DraftKings linerup for week one. I hope I do as well as last years week 1 lol.

QB: Joe Flacco v. Bills
RB: Kamara v. Buccs
RB: Connor v. Browns
WR: Hill v. Chargers
WR: Sanders v. Seattle
Flex: Cook v. 49ers
TE: Gronk v. Texans
DST: Baltimore v. Bills

edit: changed it up since this

KBHoleN1
09-08-2018, 04:04 PM
I'm playing in my first fantasy football league with some guys I work with. 12 teams, standard scoring. Here's my draft, which I was pretty nervous about because I'd never done it before. I drafted 2nd, 1st pick took Gurley and I was scared of the Bell situation, so I took Johnson.

QB: Carson Wentz/Alex Smith (to bridge me until Wentz plays)
RB: David Johnson, Royce Freeman (Kerryon Johnson, Rashad Penny, Jeremy Hill)
WR: AJ Green, Mike Evans (Michael Crabtree, Jamison Crowder)
TE: Kyle Rudolph (Antonio Gates)
Flex: Chris Hogan
D/ST: Saints
K: Robbie Gould

What do you think?

Hulky
09-08-2018, 04:16 PM
I'm playing in my first fantasy football league with some guys I work with. 12 teams, standard scoring. Here's my draft, which I was pretty nervous about because I'd never done it before. I drafted 2nd, 1st pick took Gurley and I was scared of the Bell situation, so I took Johnson.

QB: Carson Wentz/Alex Smith (to bridge me until Wentz plays)
RB: David Johnson, Royce Freeman (Kerryon Johnson, Rashad Penny, Jeremy Hill)
WR: AJ Green, Mike Evans (Michael Crabtree, Jamison Crowder)
TE: Kyle Rudolph (Antonio Gates)
Flex: Chris Hogan
D/ST: Saints
K: Robbie Gould

What do you think?

I picked 3rd in a 10 man and ended up with similar players:

QB: Cousins, Wentz, Luck
RB: David Johnson, Cook, Mixon, Freeman
WR: AJ Green, Amari Cooper, Allen Robinson, Keelan Cole
TE: Jordan Reed, David Njoku
K: Gould
DST: Rams

Similar enough (10 team v. 12 team) that I think it's safe to say I like your team.

KBHoleN1
09-08-2018, 04:33 PM
Yay! :D

bludhoundz
09-08-2018, 10:06 PM
Good team. The only real flaw I think is that your RB depth after the first two is a little weak for when you need to plug players in on bye weeks. We'll see though - my assumption is that the Lions' and Seahawks' running games won't be that good but that may change this year.

bludhoundz
09-09-2018, 10:38 AM
pigskin pickem is not letting me change my picks

i was drunk on hype and picked the browns last night but i want to select the steelers. pls. also didnt put in monday tiebreaker, going rams 33 raiders 20

Hugh
09-09-2018, 10:59 AM
You don’t have a hair on your balls if you change that pick, blud. This is the defining moment of your pickem season.
If you change your pick and the Browns win today that shit will bother you all season. If you stick with the Browns and they lose, screw it. You went big. You can live with that.
#H2H

KBHoleN1
09-09-2018, 11:21 AM
pigskin pickem is not letting me change my picks

i was drunk on hype and picked the browns last night but i want to select the steelers. pls. also didnt put in monday tiebreaker, going rams 33 raiders 20

Try using a different browser, or do it from your phone. Last year I couldn't interact with the page buttons on Chrome, but it worked fine in Firefox and on Safari.

bdog1321
09-09-2018, 03:15 PM
nathan peterman might be the worst qb in league history

at least last year he had a 13 qb rating when he threw 5 ints in one half

his qb rating this game is 0.0 and now he is benched

Mantis
09-09-2018, 08:48 PM
Damn. It's gonna be a hell of a year. Ohio State wins national championship while Bengals win Super Bowl. Crazy. Literally...

Hulky
09-09-2018, 09:12 PM
I'm 601 out of a little more than 280,000 right now I think I win about $200
won $3000 last year week 1

bludhoundz
09-09-2018, 09:46 PM
i don't need to see any more of this game. it's over.

Green Bay is done too. Calling it now, their season is legitimately over. Even if Rodgers comes back, it's over for them. They can't block up front, and they gotta deal with the Bears and the Vikings. Forget about it.

bludhoundz
09-09-2018, 10:29 PM
ok i got caught in the moment and was overreacting

manonfire101
09-09-2018, 11:26 PM
Rodgers the God.

bludhoundz
09-09-2018, 11:27 PM
can't think of a more relevant time for the saying "tale of two halves" than this game

manonfire101
09-09-2018, 11:28 PM
I said that in discord lol

bludhoundz
09-09-2018, 11:33 PM
The bears looked good on the first two drives. You know how commentators talk about how offensive playcallers have a scripted 15 plays or so for the first few drives? You could tell in this case. They were showing the Packers everything. But after that the playcalling was way more vanilla. There was still a lot of stuff going on but you could sense it didn't have that sense of masterful orchestration. Once they got out of that, their offense really didn't do a whole lot. I honestly would have thought more about going for it on 4th and 1 on 10 yard line or whatever instead of kicking that field goal at the end.

3000 stat
09-10-2018, 01:25 AM
Bills should sign Kaepernick.

Darkness
09-10-2018, 01:25 AM
Marshon Lattimore looked lost against Mike Evans, and Fitzmagic carved up the Saints defense for a record day. Nice. I didn't buy into the top 10 hype, but that was an atrocious performance by the Saints defense. Kamara is insanely good, though.

How much longer does Le'Veon Bell hold out?

bludhoundz
09-10-2018, 07:40 AM
Yeah i wasn't buying into the saints defense all that much. i mean i think they'll bounce back, they shouldnt be as bad as they looked, but Marshon Lattimore is overrated, dude is just good at getting away with holding and PI from what ive seen

bdog1321
09-10-2018, 09:11 AM
leveon bell tweeted out that emoji after the steelers' game, as if they would have won with him

conner lit it up in bell's absence and they still lost. to me, that just means bell isn't that important to the team. isn't their record like 11-5 without him?

Greendaybum5
09-10-2018, 05:33 PM
Gonna be a fun season for the Eagles. Team sucked and beat the Falcons. Giants lose, Cowboys looked like poo (as did Panthers), Redskins beat up on 2nd worst team in NFL.

Hulky
09-10-2018, 05:37 PM
Bills should sign Kaepernick.

this makes so much sense
1. "he's a distraction" solved by no one fucking follows or writes about the Bills
2. "josh allen is the future" but Peterman isn't helping, Kaepernick could be the now and is play style and physically more similar to Allen.
3. Kap + McCoy + Benjamin + Zay Jones could at least win a game. I don't think Peterman + allpros could.

Hulky
09-10-2018, 09:32 PM
sloppy game

Greendaybum5
09-10-2018, 09:40 PM
I can't tell if Darnold is living up to #1 pick or if it's just the Lions....

Hulky
09-10-2018, 09:48 PM
Matt Patricia's list of mistakes to coach tomorrow is going to be fucking insane
Lions can't do anything right outside the very first play

edit: then Lions miss a FG and then Crowell goes 62 yards for a TD lol

bludhoundz
09-10-2018, 09:58 PM
Gonna be a fun season for the Eagles. Team sucked and beat the Falcons. Giants lose, Cowboys looked like poo (as did Panthers), Redskins beat up on 2nd worst team in NFL.

it helps when your offensive line and defensive line both might be the best in the league. though that game mighta ended differently if they called that julio 50 yard bomb correctly

happy that the cowboys suck at least

bdog1321
09-10-2018, 11:29 PM
it helps when your offensive line and defensive line both might be the best in the league. though that game mighta ended differently if they called that julio 50 yard bomb correctly

happy that the cowboys suck at least

are there any good qbs in the draft next year?

Hulky
09-10-2018, 11:36 PM
Drew Lock is probably the favorite to be the first QB next year but kinda has major accuracy issues so this early in the season you cant really see who makes the adjustments necessary to be a top pick or NFL QB

Greendaybum5
09-13-2018, 01:51 PM
Who does everyone like for tonight?

bdog1321
09-13-2018, 05:23 PM
these teams are fun to watch when they play together

going with baltimore

Hulky
09-13-2018, 06:14 PM
Bengals

manonfire101
09-13-2018, 06:26 PM
I'm not sure. I took Cincy. When I'm not sure I tend towards the team that has one of my fantasy players on it. I have Mixon so let's go Bengals.

bludhoundz
09-13-2018, 07:59 PM
Coin flip imo. Bengals are at home but Ravens got to rest some players in the second half of week one. They may be more fresh for a Thursday game so I'm picking them.

Also calling that I got the W in the pick'em last week. Manon is being given the nod on tiebreaker but I was unable to submit my tiebreaker points for Monday night (the website kept giving me an error over and over...) and I posted here 33-20 which is literally 1 point closer than what Manon guessed, but I also got the Rams' score exactly right. Dolphins hero pick ftw

KBHoleN1
09-13-2018, 09:27 PM
AJ Green, I love you. I picked Ravens to win the game, and it's not over by a long shot. But 3 TDs in 4 drives for Green? Off to a good start in fantasy this week. Hopefully Ravens keep scoring and Bengals keep passing.

Mantis
09-13-2018, 09:34 PM
AJ with a hat trick already and the 2nd quarter just started. Insane.

KBHoleN1
09-13-2018, 10:11 PM
Michael Irvin looks like a representative from the Emerald City.