PDA

View Full Version : For NFL fans

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20

bludhoundz
12-11-2018, 11:01 PM
Time to bring back the good ol' Kirk Cousins top 5 debate from earlier this year...

i think "certainly" is uncertain at best. after this season people will be talking about kirk cousins a lot differently

Yeah, how he didn't deserve all that money

Greendaybum5
12-12-2018, 04:46 PM
Hugh my 100% honest opinion is Dak's a serviceable QB. He's not a star nor do I ever feel he'll be a star.

As for my Doug Pederson comments, allow me to clarify. Last year he was super aggressive. They won a SB. This year he's been timid and they're on the outside looking in currently for playoffs. It's very frustrating as an Eagles fan to see him go against things he did last year and was successful at. Going for 1 at the end for the tie is fine, but when that flag came in and gives you a shot for 2 points from the 1 yardline you take that chance. I think Reich and De Fillipo played a much larger role in the offense last year than people realized, myself included. I'm just not confident in Doug's playcalling selection. He's made some really poor choices in big games this year.

The Cheat
12-12-2018, 07:55 PM
I hate the saints.

Hugh
12-12-2018, 08:49 PM
Do you hate Drew Brees? Because I’ve never heard anyone say they hate Drew Brees.

bludhoundz
12-13-2018, 08:03 AM
I think I like the Saints just because of Drew Brees, but Sean Payton is certainly a scumbag in my eyes.

Hugh
12-13-2018, 11:50 AM
Everyone loves Drew Brees. He’s like the best guy in football. Maybe the best guy in sports.

Greendaybum5
12-13-2018, 06:22 PM
Do you hate Drew Brees? Because I’ve never heard anyone say they hate Drew Brees.

Especially not after the whole world saw him be the best dad ever to his kids on national TV when he broke the record.

The Cheat
12-14-2018, 11:37 PM

He is annoying as fuck. Just like the rest of the team (since they win). Fuck Sean Payton too.

Hugh
12-15-2018, 12:01 AM
I thought you were trying to hate less.
But seriously, it’s easy not to hate Drew Brees. He’s a great guy. He did that whole anti-bullying thing and does tons of charity work for kids and has the cancer research foundation. All the guy does is help people and throw touchdowns.
I mean come on.

The Cheat
12-15-2018, 09:00 PM
Ok ok ok. Hate might have been too strong of a word. I'll walk back that.

Still find something about him that makes me annoyed every time I see him.

manonfire101
12-16-2018, 12:30 AM
Playoff hopes ended on a home loss to Cleveland. Way to go boys.

The Cheat
12-16-2018, 06:25 PM
I am pleased with the Browns this year.

bdog1321
12-16-2018, 11:47 PM
The funny thing to me is I don't care how well the eagles play. It doesn't matter if foles puts on heroics. All the cowboys need to do is win 1 game and it's all for nothing.

Too bad for the eagles that they lost control of their season to the dallas cowboys

The Cheat
12-17-2018, 07:51 PM
Hmmm....hate both Pitt and Pats so not sure how to feel about that game. :idk:

Hulky
12-23-2018, 05:01 PM
Sick play by Deshaun on 3rd down going for a comeback and avoided 3 sacks to complete the pass

Hugh
12-23-2018, 05:39 PM
I said it in the off-season. The Eagles should have traded Wentz to whoever would give them the biggest haul and gone with Foles. They would have been set up for the next decade. Foles is under 30 and obviously good enough to win a super bowl. Whether or not he’s as good as Wentz is irrelevant. He’s a star, especially in Philly, and that’s all that matters.
Wentz will be injured his entire career.

The Cheat
12-23-2018, 06:04 PM
browns can have a winning season if they win next week.

Hulky
12-23-2018, 10:24 PM
I said it in the off-season. The Eagles should have traded Wentz to whoever would give them the biggest haul and gone with Foles. They would have been set up for the next decade. Foles is under 30 and obviously good enough to win a super bowl. Whether or not he’s as good as Wentz is irrelevant. He’s a star, especially in Philly, and that’s all that matters.
Wentz will be injured his entire career.

The cost for Wentz probably would have been the highest for a player ever too crazy to think about, still could do it if Philly extended Foles first. I don't think Foles wants to start for so long to make it worthwhile though. Like wasn't he thinking of retiring before going back to the Eagles? Like if they rolled with Foles and then he retired at like 34 or whatever Wentz would still be 30 and probably one of the best QBs in the league which would be a hard sell unless Foles continued to have success before hanging it up.

Hugh
12-23-2018, 11:01 PM
I don’t think he will. Wentz is seriously hurt for the 2nd time in his first three seasons. It doesn’t matter how good he is if he can’t get on the field.
Of course Foles wants to start. He was the Superbowl MVP last season. He was thinking about quitting when he was bouncing around as a backup for shitty teams, but that was a couple of years ago.
If you ask him if he wants to be the starter in Philly, with Carson Wentz sitting next to him, he’s going to say he just wants to help the team win. Of course he is. What’s he supposed to say? But he’s a Superbowl winning NFL quarterback. You don’t get to that level by being cool with sitting in on the bench, no matter what he says to the press.
The Eagles fucked up. Dallas got a first round pick for Amari Cooper. Imagine what the Eagles could have got for Carson Wentz?

bludhoundz
12-24-2018, 12:45 AM
Between Wilson and Mahomes, we saw a few super amazing throws tonight. These guys and Aaron Rodgers are the best at making ridiculous throws that nobody else makes.

Hugh
12-24-2018, 12:52 AM
Seahawks back to the playoffs.
I told you, bdog.

bludhoundz
12-24-2018, 01:24 AM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000001003918/Can-t-Miss-Play-Wilson-LAUNCHES-perfect-45-yard-strike-to-Lockett

This throw is absolutely absurd. Definition of a dime.

The Cheat
12-24-2018, 01:36 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000001003918/Can-t-Miss-Play-Wilson-LAUNCHES-perfect-45-yard-strike-to-Lockett

This throw is absolutely absurd. Definition of a dime.

But fuck seattle tho...

bludhoundz
12-24-2018, 01:55 PM
But fuck seattle tho...

Why? I feel like most of the attitude that people associated with Seattle, and caused them to dislike the Seahawks, was Richard Sherman. And he's gone.

Hugh
12-24-2018, 02:47 PM
Because TC is a hater. It’s all he knows.
GO HAWKS!!

Hulky
12-24-2018, 06:16 PM
Why? I feel like most of the attitude that people associated with Seattle, and caused them to dislike the Seahawks, was Richard Sherman. And he's gone.

I think Cheat means literally the City he dislikes lol

bdog1321
12-25-2018, 09:14 PM
Seahawks back to the playoffs.
I told you, bdog.

Too bad dallas is gonna bounce them real quick

The Cheat
12-25-2018, 09:22 PM

i hate that fucking city. Brother lives there (he hates the seahawks) and I hate going there. Fuck that town.

I can't stand their fucking crazy ass 9/11 was a inside job (google it) coach. Hated him since USC. Fuck him.

Fuck that QB. Wilson...what a phony piece of shit. Hope someone breaks him in two.

Finally i hate them because as long as they are alive in the playoffs, they can knock out someone good. That sucks. I want new teams to go far.

So to sum it up: Fuck that coach, fuck that QB, fuck that team, fuck that fucking city and everyone who lives there (except hugh. Maybe).

Hugh
12-25-2018, 09:39 PM
Seattle is an awesome city. Seahawks are an awesome team. Wilson is an awesome QB. Pete Carroll is an awesome coach.
I’m pretty awesome, too.
And then there’s The Cheat...
I think I’ve made my point.

Hugh
12-25-2018, 09:41 PM
Too bad dallas is gonna bounce them real quick

You don’t even believe that. We already beat you this season. Keep talking, though.

bdog1321
12-25-2018, 10:04 PM
You don’t even believe that. We already beat you this season. Keep talking, though.

Pre-cooper, pre-vander esch, pre-defense apparently being top 10.

Things gon' be different this time around boy

Hugh
12-25-2018, 11:03 PM
Yeah you’re defense is improved. No doubt. We’re the #1 rushing team in the league. I like the matchup.
I’ll take Russell and Pete Carroll over Dak and Jason Garrett in the playoffs, any field.

bdog1321
12-25-2018, 11:23 PM
I'll have you know that dak Prescott has never lost a game on January 12th or 13th

Hulky
12-25-2018, 11:36 PM
Pretty sure I was the only one who thought Oakland made a mistake trading Cooper and everyone else thought the Cowboys lost hard on that trade.

bdog1321
12-26-2018, 07:24 PM
"The Cowboys are 7-1 at home, the Seahawks are 4-4 on the road (with the wins coming against the 6-9 Panthers, 5-10 Lions, 4-11 Raiders, and 3-12 Cardinals). Add to that the fact that home teams have historically won 64.7 percent of their home games in the playoffs, and Cowboys fans should feel confident about the first round of the playoffs."

Hugh
12-26-2018, 07:30 PM
So you quote someone who simply lists statistics with no opinion at all and then don’t even say who you’re quoting?
That’s weird.

The Cheat
12-26-2018, 08:35 PM
In the end we can all agree on one thing:

Anyone but the Pats winning the SB.

bdog1321
12-27-2018, 11:10 AM
So you quote someone who simply lists statistics with no opinion at all and then don’t even say who you’re quoting?
That’s weird.

Blogging the boys. Just a couple interesting stats to throw out there

Hugh
12-27-2018, 12:18 PM
So homefield advantage exists in the NFL, especially among teams good enough to host home playoff games?
Thanks, Captain Obvious.:)

bdog1321
12-27-2018, 03:13 PM
hey i was also pointing out that the seahawks are at least decent on the road

except all the teams they beat are trash

Hugh
12-27-2018, 05:05 PM
Do you still think Dak is trash?

bdog1321
12-29-2018, 02:30 PM
I was thinking...and a cowboys eagles championship game would probably be the most epic thing ever

At&t stadium would be rocking. The 3-5 cowboys went on a 5-game win streak, won the division at 10-6, knocked off the seahawks then the saints, rematches of games they lost and won respectively earlier in the year…for a rematch with a team they swept in the regular season.

The eagles had all kinds of hype, fell to 4-6, went on a run and then wentz went down again. Foles comes in and leads them back to the championship game over the bears and rams, the rams game also being a huge rematch

It would break all kinds of records. Maybe even beat a few super bowl game ratings. It would basically BE the super bowl

And dak is trash from a technical skill standpoint. Dude wins though so I'm alright with it

The Cheat
12-29-2018, 07:23 PM
Can't believe the fucking playoffs are next week.

Achilles
12-30-2018, 02:35 AM
I just hope the Patriots don't win. I hate football and I'm so sick of these fucking parades. I live in the city and with how much Boston wins across all four sports it's just getting old. I can't even get on the trains when it happens, all the bars fill up, you can't drive anywhere. Mind you Boston is small too relative to other major cities. All I follow is baseball but man I'm tired of this shit. I almost got into a fist fight with an off duty cop at the last one (Red Sox parade). because I climbed on top of a water department truck to see. I don't need another Patriots parade. I've had enough victory parades. I got my fill. Let's be losers again so I can go to the god damn grocery store.

Hulky
12-30-2018, 01:53 PM
rolling with Mahomes, Freeman, Yeldon, Julio Jones, T Hill, T Gabriel, Kelce and Cook with Giants DST in Draft Kings today

Hulky
12-30-2018, 01:54 PM
I just hope the Patriots don't win. I hate football and I'm so sick of these fucking parades. I live in the city and with how much Boston wins across all four sports it's just getting old. I can't even get on the trains when it happens, all the bars fill up, you can't drive anywhere. Mind you Boston is small too relative to other major cities. All I follow is baseball but man I'm tired of this shit. I almost got into a fist fight with an off duty cop at the last one (Red Sox parade). because I climbed on top of a water department truck to see. I don't need another Patriots parade. I've had enough victory parades. I got my fill. Let's be losers again so I can go to the god damn grocery store.

Dont worry you lost last year and aren't really that good this year just the AFC East is dog shit

Hugh
12-30-2018, 05:05 PM
That throw and catch by Dak and Beasley was one of the best and most clutch plays I have ever seen. Ever.

bludhoundz
12-30-2018, 07:28 PM
Made me sick lol

I wish they had shown a better replay on Dak's 3rd TD to Jarwin. I really thought he had crossed the line of scrimmage when I saw it. I'm guessing he didn't but I would've liked to see it shown again.

In the end, it was on Eli. He threw a bad pick in the redzone early. He had the ball on the 49 yard line and couldn't move the ball a single yard. He kept going for the first down every time... which I really hate when QBs do that. You're in 4 down territory. Throw a short pass or two and make it easier on third and fourth down. They could've even run the ball.

Hugh
12-30-2018, 09:32 PM
Well, bdog, I bet you my Seahawks would finish better than your Cowboys after you posted RIP Seahawks, but we both finished 10-6. Guess the playoffs will decide.
Good luck.

The One
01-01-2019, 03:23 PM
George Kittle - confirmed god-tier tight end. 49ers were awful and decimated by injuries this year, but they found some diamonds in the rough with Kittle and maybe Mullens. With the #2 overall pick and lots of cap space 49ers should be able to get competitive soon.

bdog1321
01-01-2019, 08:12 PM
Well, bdog, I bet you my Seahawks would finish better than your Cowboys after you posted RIP Seahawks, but we both finished 10-6. Guess the playoffs will decide.
Good luck.

Yeah it'll be a great game, I can't believe 4 of the NFL's best linebackers will be on the same field

Leighton vander esch, jaylon smith, Sean lee, and joe thomas

The Cheat
01-01-2019, 08:30 PM
George Kittle - confirmed god-tier tight end. 49ers were awful and decimated by injuries this year, but they found some diamonds in the rough with Kittle and maybe Mullens. With the #2 overall pick and lots of cap space 49ers should be able to get competitive soon.

It is nice to have dreams

Hugh
01-02-2019, 02:16 AM
I read that Baker Mayfield got engaged to an Instagram model.
Why do these idiots do this? Yes she’s hot as hell but why not just bang her for a while until the next Instagram model comes along? I’m serious. Why are these 22 year superstar athletes always in such a hurry to get married? I will never understand it. Is it an image thing? Stability? What?
They get super rich and famous and it’s like the very next thing they do is look for a wife. The last thing I would do if I was Baker Mayfield is marry some smoking hot internet model. Might as well just write her a $30 million check right now and get it over with. That’s one expensive piece of ass.

The Cheat
01-02-2019, 08:14 PM
It is a ego think. It is a "look who I got yeah!"

I think some sort of bet needs to be made between bdog and Hugh.

bludhoundz
01-04-2019, 05:14 PM
I think that game will have more points than people think.

Seattle's defense isn't the same on the road. Dallas' defense is very good, but I think Wilson and his quick receivers will create problems, particularly on play-action fakes. Seattle's run vs Dallas' run defense will be a huge matchup in this. Also, Dak and the Cowboys offense fumble more than an average team, but have been lucky in recovering their own fumbles. The Seahawks defense will need to make a game changing play for them to win (I don't trust them to stop Zeke for 60 minutes), and I think they'll need a fumble (probably from Dak) to bounce right for them.

KBHoleN1
01-04-2019, 06:07 PM
they'll need a fumble (probably from Dak)

http://i.imgur.com/wPtRhED.gif

The Cheat
01-04-2019, 11:28 PM
Why must we endure another Texans vs Colts game?

Hugh
01-06-2019, 12:17 AM
Congrats, bdog. Dallas deserved it.

The Cheat
01-06-2019, 12:57 AM
*quiet voice*

Hugh you aren't doing it right. As a superfan you are suppose to be filled with rage at how your team "was screwed and the game was fixed etc. You know...like every posts mantis ever does sports wise

*loud voice*

So hugh what did you think about the game?

Hugh
01-06-2019, 03:48 AM
I think the Cowboys defense is much better than I gave them credit for. Much better than they were when we faced them earlier this season, which bdog mentioned. I give him credit for that. We couldn’t run the ball, and that’s the first team we haven’t been able to run the ball on in the last 10 games at least.
I’m still surprised we weren’t willing or able to stretch the field a bit more, but again it looked like they had Lockett and Baldwin more or less locked down and Russ was under a lot of pressure.
That was the difference. Still amazed we don’t have a backup kicker who can actually kick off a tee or perform a routine onside kick, especially when your kicker is a fat 40 year old who can blow out a hamstring tying his shoe, but oh well. I think the fact that we had no kicker the second half, no chance of even trying a field goal, fucked with the play calling, plan and just the game overall really. It had to. All things considered it was still a 2 point game. We get the onside and who knows? I’ve seen it many times.
Of course we would have had to get a TD even though a FG would have won because, again, we have NOBODY on the team who can kick off a tee except Janikowski. I’m sure we have an 8th string WR who has never seen the firld all season though. That makes sense.
But once again, Dallas deserved to win. They outplayed us.

KBHoleN1
01-06-2019, 06:27 PM
Yeah, the idea that an NFL playoff team doesn’t have a back-up place kicker is surprising.

The Cheat
01-06-2019, 06:43 PM
The ravens vs chargers game was one of the worst games I have ever seen.

bdog1321
01-06-2019, 07:35 PM
hugh do you use field gulls?

bdog1321
01-06-2019, 08:57 PM
Fuck the eagles

I knew they'd win after the bad punt though.

Welp...we're a cowboys and eagles win away from a cowboys eagles championship game in dallas

Hulky
01-06-2019, 09:00 PM
RIP Bears

The One
01-07-2019, 01:08 AM
Divisional playoffs matches are going to be epic. Lot of great storylines in play.

Predictions:
AFC
Chiefs vs Colts - Chiefs
Patriots vs Chargers - Chargers

NFC
Rams vs Cowboys - Rams
Saints vs Eagles - Saints

bdog1321
01-07-2019, 01:42 AM
Divisional playoffs matches are going to be epic. Lot of great storylines in play.

Predictions:
AFC
Chiefs vs Colts - Chiefs
Patriots vs Chargers - Chargers

NFC
Rams vs Cowboys - Rams
Saints vs Eagles - Saints

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHa

Hulky
01-07-2019, 02:24 AM
I agree with TO's picks

bdog1321
01-07-2019, 11:21 AM
I agree with TO's picks

Colts are going to the superb owl

Cowboys rams could go either way, but since they've been playing badly and we've been playing well, I'll go with dallas.

bdog1321
01-07-2019, 11:21 AM
Not to mention that stadium will be half cowboys fans in LA

The Cheat
01-07-2019, 07:39 PM
Chargers wont beat NE in NE

Greendaybum5
01-08-2019, 11:01 AM
Colts are going to the superb owl

Cowboys rams could go either way, but since they've been playing badly and we've been playing well, I'll go with dallas.

I'll put $100 on that :)

KBHoleN1
01-13-2019, 12:23 AM
Jeff Heath was lost on that Goff scramble. He’s on the left side of the formation, no one is blocking him, Goff rolls out of the pocket directly in front of him and he’s flat footed staring into the backfield thinking a RB has the ball.

bdog1321
01-13-2019, 12:59 AM
I learned an important lesson from this game. Never let yourself become emotionally invested in something that you have no control over. It's nice to root for the cowboys but in the end you have no control over what happens. You have control over what happens in your own life. I told myself if the cowboys won the Super Bowl I would stop drinking. I realize now it's not only silly but stupid and irresponsible to leave something of that importance up to chance. Something that really matters in my life. I love the cowboys. And I always will, but I need to recognize that there are things in my life that are more important that I should be pouring more emotional and physical energy into, than a football game. I'll be here next season and every season after that, but it's important not to lose track of the things they really matter. I'll talk to you all soon I hope that all of us and the cowboys do better in 2019 and that will move forward with a clear eye view.

bludhoundz
01-13-2019, 11:29 AM
That comment was too mature for me to feel good about making fun of you now

I am curious, if the Saints win, will the Rams be able to run the ball effectively next week? The Saints have been absurd at run stuffing all year, even when their defense was suspect. But this Rams O Line is clearly cranking it up

Hugh
01-13-2019, 01:23 PM
Good call, bdog. Sorry about your boys.
Rams are a better team in the end but I still say that illegal hands to the face penalty on 3rd and 14 changed the game. It was a horseshit call, and Gurly scores 2 plays later. Change of possession there, like it should have been, and who knows?
Anyway, I really liked your post. It’s all true.

manonfire101
01-13-2019, 06:11 PM
Foles the God.

bludhoundz
01-14-2019, 08:06 PM
yeah, what a god

Greendaybum5
01-14-2019, 08:20 PM
yeah, what a god

oh stop. you'll love him next year when he's your QB

The Cheat
01-14-2019, 08:21 PM
Lame there were no upsets all playoffs.

Greendaybum5
01-14-2019, 08:27 PM
Lame there were no upsets all playoffs.

Philly > Bears

The Cheat
01-14-2019, 10:27 PM
I legit forgot that game even happened. That is how much of a impact it was on me.

bludhoundz
01-14-2019, 11:33 PM
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/351519147559092235/534572088443273226/50259450_2313745065338835_127705694290837504_n.png ?width=702&height=514

and also

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/351519147559092235/534544033473888256/50310956_2314138845299457_8854525124557144064_n.pn g?width=641&height=513

The Cheat
01-15-2019, 07:33 PM
Neither one of those are funny and I'm not even a Philly fan.

bludhoundz
01-15-2019, 07:35 PM
the second one is more mind blowing than funny, but ok

The Cheat
01-16-2019, 07:58 PM
So we all agree Saints vs Pats SB?

Hulky
01-16-2019, 09:34 PM
Rams Chiefs

The Cheat
01-16-2019, 09:54 PM
Rams Chiefs

God I hope.

But doubtful it will happen.

KBHoleN1
01-16-2019, 10:04 PM
Saints Chiefs

manonfire101
01-17-2019, 01:19 AM
Rams Chiefs

I have this too. I'm fine with either NFC team really, I just want the Patriots to lose.

The Cheat
01-17-2019, 07:31 PM
I have this too. I'm fine with either NFC team really, I just want the Patriots to lose.

I believe most of America feels this way as do I

Achilles
01-18-2019, 01:56 AM
It's going to be so funny when the Patriots inevitably get bad again, like all great teams eventually do. All the kids here that grew up with them are so used to them being a shoe in every single year. Not to mention we have great teams across the other three major sports and an absolutely unreal amount of championships since 2000 across all four sports. Every team in Boston fucking SUCKED when I was a kid, so it was surreal getting into the early 2000s when all of a sudden we started winning everything with freakish regularity. It's going to be so entertaining watching all these little shits see what it was like for the rest of us before they were born. The Red Sox were/are the only team I was admittedly thrilled to see win.

bludhoundz
01-18-2019, 08:45 AM
I agree except the Red Sox part. I hope they don't win again for 50 years.

Hulky
01-18-2019, 01:51 PM
https://pics.me.me/when-you-realize-youre-just-two-wins-away-from-a-40049920.png

Greendaybum5
01-18-2019, 02:34 PM
https://pics.me.me/when-you-realize-youre-just-two-wins-away-from-a-40049920.png

hope he wins this year. routing for him.

The Cheat
01-18-2019, 11:34 PM
I just hope these games are good and won't be one sided.

Hulky
01-19-2019, 01:17 AM
tbh I wouldnt mind the Patriots getting spanked and Mahomes running up the score if that happened

The Cheat
01-19-2019, 01:34 AM
Come on now.

You know that won't happen.

This is the 8th straight AFC title game for the Pats. My God does the AFC suck.

Hulky
01-20-2019, 07:22 PM
I hope the SB is as good as this game

KBHoleN1
01-20-2019, 07:58 PM
Saints got dicked by the refs. What an awful way for your season to end.

Hulky
01-20-2019, 08:36 PM
There was a no call on the facemask on Goff as well within the 5 yard line

Hulky
01-20-2019, 09:15 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxkKlzInR4Y

Hugh
01-21-2019, 07:11 AM
I know one thing. Any football player who thanks God or his lord and savior or whoever after a win can fuck right off.
If God exists, and if he even gives one single shit about the NFL, I refuse to believe it’s his will to see Bill Belichick with 7 fucking Super Bowl rings and Andy Reid with none. This is the 9th time he’s taken the Patriots to the championship. 9 times. Plus the 2 he won with the Giants.
So God does not care about football. He has nothing to do with it. He can’t, unless God is really Bill Belichick and he coaches the Patriots because heaven is boring. Or Belichick sold his soul to the devil.

Achilles
01-21-2019, 10:40 AM
We already had one victory parade this year from the Red Sox. I don't want another one, I've got shit to do. I've seen enough fucking parades the last fifteen years.

At this point I feel like Boston has become that rich villain in every eighties movie that always comes out on top and nobody likes, and a rag tag group of no bodies has to beat us at our own game to save their stadium from closing or something.

But in all honesty, it's sort of funny being from here. We hate the Yankees here (like to the point that there's physical violence between fans regularly), and the reality is that the Patriots have become the New York Yankees of football. They just show up and blow everyone out of the water every year and suck the fun out of it for everyone else, and everybody hates New England because of it. I don't like football but it is pretty hilarious.

Greendaybum5
01-21-2019, 02:44 PM
We already had one victory parade this year from the Red Sox. I don't want another one, I've got shit to do. I've seen enough fucking parades the last fifteen years.

At this point I feel like Boston has become that rich villain in every eighties movie that always comes out on top and nobody likes, and a rag tag group of no bodies has to beat us at our own game to save their stadium from closing or something.

But in all honesty, it's sort of funny being from here. We hate the Yankees here (like to the point that there's physical violence between fans regularly), and the reality is that the Patriots have become the New York Yankees of football. They just show up and blow everyone out of the water every year and suck the fun out of it for everyone else, and everybody hates New England because of it. I don't like football but it is pretty hilarious.

Yea except last year #phillyphilly

I hate to say it, but I'm actually pulling for the Pats over the Rams. Don't want to see Goff win a SB before Wentz.

Hulky
01-21-2019, 03:20 PM
Wentz won a SB last year lol
Like sure he didn't start because he was hurt, but he still got the ring and is a SB Champion

Hugh
01-21-2019, 06:09 PM
Unless you completely ignore the last 2 seasons, Wentz is probably going to have a short, injury plagued career. Said it before. They should have traded him for a truck load of picks and stuck with Foles. Could have built a dynasty.

The Cheat
01-21-2019, 07:21 PM
I know one thing. Any football player who thanks God or his lord and savior or whoever after a win can fuck right off.
If God exists, and if he even gives one single shit about the NFL, I refuse to believe it’s his will to see Bill Belichick with 7 fucking Super Bowl rings and Andy Reid with none. This is the 9th time he’s taken the Patriots to the championship. 9 times. Plus the 2 he won with the Giants.
So God does not care about football. He has nothing to do with it. He can’t, unless God is really Bill Belichick and he coaches the Patriots because heaven is boring. Or Belichick sold his soul to the devil.

Well put Hugh. That is what my mother always says.

But for real, Old Bill did sell the soul to the devil. Not Brady because he has no soul.

Yea except last year #phillyphilly

I hate to say it, but I'm actually pulling for the Pats over the Rams. Don't want to see Goff win a SB before Wentz.

You shut your god damn mouth you son of a whore. Evil can't win again.

But for real I see the SB playing out nearly identical to the KC game. minus the ot

Achilles
01-23-2019, 05:36 PM
You shut your god damn mouth you son of a whore. Evil can't win again.

Would you support the Patriots coming onto the field during the Super Bowl to the Darth Vader theme? I think it'd be both fitting and hilarious with a chorus of spiteful booing behind it.

The Cheat
01-23-2019, 08:07 PM
Would you support the Patriots coming onto the field during the Super Bowl to the Darth Vader theme? I think it'd be both fitting and hilarious with a chorus of spiteful booing behind it.

That has been done on so many internet videos, so no.

I would support them coming out on the field and then have the field destroyed like in The Dark Knight rises, which would kill most of them.

Achilles
01-23-2019, 09:12 PM
When I was still fighting professionally (by professionally I mean I was sanctioned by the boxing commission and being paid, so it was pro but only on a local/regional level, not like UFC or anything) I got matched up against this kid Dan who I fucking hated, we'd crossed paths before at seminars and stuff and he was just a grade A douche canoe. I knew I was going to absolutely mop the floor with him, and it was one of only two times I fought where I got to come out to a song. So to add insult to injury I wanted to pick the gayest, most unintimidating song possible because I thought it'd be hilarious to shit kick to him to hell and back after walking out to something girly. He came out to some gangsta Tupac song in a hoody making all these gang signs and shit, then screamed when he got into the ring.

I, however, came out to It's Raining Men, which had the (small) crowd in tears laughing and him looking at me like I was a pansy, which was what I was hoping for. I then proceeded knocked him out in 37 seconds flat because I staggered him with a right hook from the cheap seats to the liver (I slipped his overhand right and got beside him, hence me being at the right angle to hit him with a right hook to the body) and he fell forward and stumbled, lowering himself, his hands, and his head. I put my heel directly into the side of his mouth when he bent over and he fell like a sack of bricks. Whoever won, they had to play their entrance song as soon as the fight was called. So it ended with It's Raining Men blaring over the speakers while he was unconscious on the floor with me standing over him. Probably my most endearing memory from my competitive days I have.

The Cheat
01-26-2019, 01:08 AM
This kid is from my town.

A hero if I ever saw one.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/tom-brady-cheater-according-10-year-old-kentucky-boy-s-n962676

The Cheat
02-02-2019, 08:35 PM
Anyone else feel that there has been like no buzz/energy for the SB this year? Like nothing at all?

I actually forgot the game was this week until about Thurs.

i guess because the Pats are going to win easily that no one cares.

bludhoundz
02-02-2019, 09:55 PM
The Pats have actually never won a SB easily, except maybe the first one against the Eagles

Hulky
02-03-2019, 12:03 AM
off topic but the last post referencing early Brady era got me to look up the 2001 season and I just noticed AFC Central had 6 teams in it when all the others had 5 teams. I guess I forgot about the Titans? But they were the Oilers so I guess the imbalance was the Jags? Wait no it was the Browns being added back?

AFC Central: Steelers, Ravens, Browns, Bengals, Titans, Jaguars (dat 6 team look)
AFC West: Raiders, Broncos, Chargers, Chiefs, Seahawks (best division tbh)
AFC East: Colts, Patriots, Bills, Jets, Dolphins (Colts/Pats was a legit rivalry at the start of Brady/Manning and I didn't know that)
NFC Central: Buccaneers, Lions, Packers, Vikings, Bears (lol NFC North + Tampa)
NFC West: Panthers, 49ers, Falcons, Saints, Rams (lol wtf is west about Carolina, Atlanta and NOLA)
NFC East: Cardinals, Eagles, Giants, Cowboys, Redskins (Arizona is east, lol why didn't Carolina and Arizona switch?!)

Achilles
02-03-2019, 11:17 PM
I don't have to work until Thursday, thank fucking Christ. I'm at the point with all these god damn victory parades I'm ready to put a plow on the front of my car to just run over the literal millions of drunks Boston's going to be full of on (probably) Tuesday. I don't even live right downtown where the parades are but I'm only about a five minute walk from Boston's main subway line, so it's going to be like the god damn walking dead again around my place... again. My apartment is super high up on a hill that's on top of a hill, and I'm on the top floor. Might be a good day to sit on the porch with my pellet rifle. They'll all be wearing bright blue and red, which will make them easy to see, but they'll be stumbling around since they've all been drinking since like seven in the morning, so I guess that adds a bit of a challenge to it.

If someone throws up on my fucking front steps again like the Red Sox parade a few months ago, they better pray to god I don't catch them.

Hulky
02-04-2019, 12:11 AM
pretty sure the most boring superbowl even beating out the time the power went out during the 49ers ravens one

bludhoundz
02-04-2019, 02:28 AM
Broncos Seahawks was more boring to me, I turned it off in the third quarter because it was totally one sided.

This was not an exciting game though, even though it was close. I could see why people would call it the most boring.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/484859174564397058/541852233936011264/image1.jpg?width=651&height=513

bludhoundz
02-04-2019, 02:42 AM
Also, this was the best commercial this year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJjiIuH1VnY

Hulky
02-04-2019, 05:21 PM
Agree, I had to explain Franco Harris to my mom in a room full of Raider fans. :'(

The Cheat
02-04-2019, 11:46 PM
Last night i sat on my couch watching this piece of shit. Game was tied at the half but I knew what was going to be the end result. When Pats scored the only TD of the game (I mean WTF) I sighed, turned off the tv, brushed my teeth and went to bed. Didn't bother to watch the final 9:00+ minutes. Knew the game was over then.

Unlike other Pats wins, i felt no rage this time. No swearing, no yelling, no smashing things, no getting banned from several forums due to threats and other...harsh language that I might have said. No this time was different. This time there was just a sense of emptiness and sense of loss. Once more Evil won. I know things won't be like this for much longer as both the hoodie and smiling devil won't last forever.

But I can't do it anymore. Losing in the FF championship last year nearly destroyed me as a NFL Fan. Only the Pats losing made the season feel ok. But this year...I can't do it. I can't stand to see evil win over and over and over again. The odds once more make no sense. 31 of 32 teams I could care less if they win. But the ONLY ONE I don't want to see win, does.

So go on and flame me, mock me, do whatever. i don't care anymore. My rage is gone, I've invested too much hatred only to get noting but evil winning thrown in my face over and over again. I'm tired of it all now. So very tired. I think I'm going to stop watching the NFL for a few years. I just can't take it anymore. I'm not even a Rams fan; not at all. Just wanted someone other than...them...to take it.

Goodbye football, I will miss you but I just can't do it anymore.

Fuck you Pats. Just...fuck you.

Achilles
02-05-2019, 02:44 PM
Hey Cheat. Hey Cheeeeeeaaaaaat.... CHEEAAAAAAATTTTT...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=solblbeB72Q

Sorry, I just knew this would obnxiously annoy you. If you ever do me wrong I'm going to tie you up in my basement and play this on a constantly repeating loop until you find a way to kill yourself.

In all honesty, I had to get a huge and painful monthly shot in my ass today at Brigham & Women's Hospital. It fucking sucked trying to cram into the sardine can of a subway car packed shoulder to shoulder with people who've been shotgunning whiskey since 7 AM for the parade. It sucked even more coming home with a bruised ass, as it didn't have me in the mood to be stuffed in a tin can with a bunch of loud, smelly booze bags after having a doctor stab me with the biggest needle I've ever seen.

This is getting stupid. The rest of the country needs to step it's game up. Twelve championships across four sports since 2000, and fourteen appearances in the championship across four sports since 2000. It's like every other state is trying to inject an endless supply of testosterone and general cocky big-headedness into the entire population of Boston. I sort of watch baseball but barely, and only toward the end of the season; and I don't watch other sports at all. I'm pretty damn sick of listening to how much better we are than anyone else.

Even so, when we sucked at everything in the nineties people still were die hard fan. It might be annoying as fuck but if anything you can't deny Boston backs all four teams with a fervor that's almost unmatched. If you're ever looking to get into a fight just show up to a bar outside a stadium in Boston with like a Yankees jersey, a Montreal Canadiens jersey, a Lakers jersey, etc. You'll definitely find someone to scrap with. I remember a few years ago some dude curb stomped a dude from Quebec who had on a Habs jersey outside of the garden and almost killed him. Boston's truly a magical place where dreams are made and we build bridges of rainbows.

The Cheat
02-05-2019, 07:27 PM
Yep. A few days on the ignore list will be best for everyone. See you in a bit Ach.

Achilles
02-05-2019, 08:42 PM
In all actuality I'm the least YEAH BOSTON RULES person ever. You'd probably be pretty surprised if you met me. I do love Boston, but not because of the obnoxious sports culture. I like it because it's really progressive, the population is generally very educated, and there's a lot of culture here in museums, music, there's a ton of cool history here dating back about as far as America goes, etc. I basically never talk about sports ever. If we were to grab lunch if one of us were in the other's city, I wouldn't even bring up sports. I never do. I'm just busting your balls. I don't care that the Patriots won. I haven't watched a superbowl in probably almost twenty years.

bludhoundz
02-09-2019, 11:28 AM
At this point I think my sharing NFL memes is more likely to annoy Cheat than for someone else to appreciate them. But I love em so here's another one

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/351519147559092235/543815277083623435/51552794_2358114840901857_2226658535423344640_n.pn g?width=708&height=656

The Cheat
02-09-2019, 09:38 PM
I wouldn't give a damn if they were FUNNY.

bludhoundz
02-09-2019, 10:06 PM
I don't see how these are pro-Pats, the past two were just clowning on the Rams for sucking. I even posted one about Mark Sanchez having more road playoff wins than Tom Brady on the last page :huh:. Most of the other ones I posted were Kareem Hunt stuff

Thinking its not funny doesn't mean you have to be salty about it.

bludhoundz
02-09-2019, 10:09 PM
oh stop. you'll love him next year when he's your QB

Didn't see this before so late react. lol. Foles is just a system guy. The only thing I like about him is the fake controversy it creates with Wentz

The Cheat
02-10-2019, 12:12 AM
Evil still won.

That is all that matters.

Achilles
02-13-2019, 05:41 PM
How angry are you going to be if the Patriots somehow manage to build another winning franchise after Brady and Belichick are gone? Would you quit watching football?

It's going to be hilarious if they end up bad. Patriot Place, where Gillette Stadium is, is basically its own fucking city it's so huge and there's so much shit there. Restaurants, movie theaters, hotels, gyms, ballrooms/halls, museums, etc. Boston fans are about as die hard as they come so people will no doubt still turn out regularly for games, but it'd just be funny if they start to suck after this dynasty is over seeing as they built like a literal city in Foxboro when Kraft bought the team and the Patriots started winning left and right.

They keep hinting that Kraft has been trying to buy land in actual Boston for years seeing as how huge the Patriots have gotten here. They blew when I was a kid, as did all of our teams through the nineties. But despite the Red Sox 80+ year World Series drought and all of the historic collapses they had, Boston was always first and foremost a huge baseball town when I was growing up. Since 2001, the Patriots have handily become the number one team here in terms of popularity no doubt (not to say they weren't watched and followed, they absolutely were - just not as much as the Sox). A lot of people don't realize that where Gillette Stadium is, out in Foxboro, is like west bum fuck Massachusetts. It's absolutely nowhere near the city, and it's a fucking pain in the balls getting out there, which isn't even remotely convenient for both natives going to games, and especially for tourists visiting here to go to a game. It's a long ass drive from the city and there's essentially nothing out there other than Patriot Place, which is funny because the team is so directly billed as Boston team.

So there's been rumors that Kraft has been pushing to build a stadium that's actually in the city, as it would make more sense for a lot of reasons. I don't know where the flying fuck they could put something that huge though; Boston is already an extremely small city to begin with, it's tiny as hell compared to New York, LA, Chicago, etc. And it's already congested as hell and the only other place to really build is up. A lot of people speculate that this is why Kraft was so heavily lobbying to bring the 2024 Olympics here a few years ago, and willing to dish out loads of money to help pay for it. The word on the street was that since Olympic facilities typically become defunct and entirely unused after the conclusion of the games, that he could push the city to build a huge Olympic stadium somewhere in Boston, then try to swoop in as the savior to buy the stadium off of the city to "save" it from going to waste, then convert it into a new stadium for the Patriots (with the New England Revolution MLS soccer team, who already plays at Gillette, taking that stadium since they don't have their own and just use the Patriots - Kraft owns both teams).

Boston would be like the absolute worst major city in America to hold the Olympics though, so it was largely criticized as a joke of an idea. Like I said, the city is way too small and there's positively nowhere they could build a huge stadium. They were hinting at putting it in the Seaport district in Southie (South Boston) where I'm from, but they'd have to level like a few square blocks to even entertain that idea. Boston goes to bed early, so the nightlife here is nothing like a New York or LA - our bars all close at 2 AM, so it'd be a terrible place for tons of tourists from all over the world to come and party. We have the oldest subway system in the country and to say it's a disorganized, poorly run clusterfuck of a mess would be too polite in describing it; it breaks down almost hourly, nothing is ever on time, they always close stations and have connected buses between subway stations to get you back on the train; the fucking rail system here is like over a century old. With the city being so small, there's not even remotely close to enough hotels to hold the enormous amount of tourists that would be visiting from all over the world for the Olympic games. We're rated as the worst city in America for traffic year after year, and it's already a congested hellscape without millions of global tourists visiting. And the already small city is almost entirely resident parking only, so you can bet your ass Bostonians would be assaulting visitors for parking in stickered spots that are supposed to be for us.

So as it stands now, the Patriots are staying way out in the middle of nowhere. But I guess Kraft is still pushing for it, I don't know how though since the Olympic bid was denied. I don't want that fucking thing here, it's already bad enough getting around town with Fenway Park and the Garden (Bruins, Celtics) during their respective seasons. It can just stay way the fuck out in some farm field a few hours from my apartment instead.

Hulky
02-22-2019, 01:37 PM
Robert Kraft apparently arrested for trying to get some prostitution

The Cheat
02-22-2019, 08:38 PM
The was the most random/best thing of the day.

bdog1321
02-26-2019, 05:20 PM
god fucking dammit randy

Hulky
02-26-2019, 06:08 PM
the next Randy Gregory Josh Gordon red flag prospect that comes out is fucked

The Cheat
02-26-2019, 08:10 PM
Who is drafted number 1 and why?

bdog1321
02-28-2019, 02:49 PM
it keeps getting worse lmao

Hulky
02-28-2019, 04:06 PM
Nick Bosa or Kyler Murray is going number 1 I think.

Hulky
03-10-2019, 02:30 AM
Antonio Brown is a Raider :D

The One
03-10-2019, 05:44 PM
If they can get Le’Veon Bell too I could see the Raiders making some noise in the AFC West again.

Looks like Nick Bosa could fall to the Niners at #2. Let’s go.

The Cheat
03-10-2019, 07:09 PM
If they can get Le’Veon Bell too I could see the Raiders making some noise in the AFC West again.

lol no.

They have no QB and their coach is crazy.

bludhoundz
03-11-2019, 07:51 AM
Funny how the Raiders got a 1st rounder for Amari Cooper but were able to get AB for a 3rd and a 5th.

It almost makes you forget how stupid it was to trade away Khalil Mack.

Greendaybum5
03-11-2019, 12:55 PM
Funny how the Raiders got a 1st rounder for Amari Cooper but were able to get AB for a 3rd and a 5th.

It almost makes you forget how stupid it was to trade away Khalil Mack.

you can't pay 2 people on a 52 man roster 50 million a year. it sucks that they had to get rid of mack but they got good value. Look at what they're doing in past 24 hours. putting AB and now a top OL. Watch them get Leveon and all of a sudden they can draft defense and won't suck.

bdog1321
03-11-2019, 03:26 PM
Brown is also 30, they're paying him 50m over 3 years, and he's a cancer. Also isn't a good fit for the system

Cooper is 24, works better in the cowboys system, still on his rookie deal...

I guess you can say both sides won, but really Dallas won because the raiders will still go 6-10 with brown

Hulky
03-11-2019, 04:12 PM
Amari Cooper is on his 5th year getting $13,924,000 before hitting FA next year, Brown's getting an average of 2 mil more than that a year. Amari obviously wasn't the best fit in Gruden's system given how every week was either 20 yards or 100 yards. Brown could put up 100 yards a game with Landry Jones. This should be an upgrade over Cooper for the Raiders, but that doesn't mean Cooper won't be great for the Cowboys.

When the Raiders were legit good under Jon Gruden the WRs were 35+ year old Tim Brown and Jerry Rice. The good WRs Gruden has had have always been basically 30+ like Joey Galloway, Keenan McCardell, Antonio Bryant and although drama Keyshawn Johnson on the Bucs. With the Eagles pre-Raiders he had a 30+ year old WR too that was like 1200 yard type.

It's way harder finding a good young WR that has worked for Gruden.

The Cheat
03-11-2019, 07:18 PM
Why do so many people want to go to Oakland all of a sudden?

The One
03-11-2019, 10:16 PM
Why do so many people want to go to Oakland all of a sudden?

Because football players are just trying to do cocaine, gamble at casinos, and bang slutty hookers in Las Vegas of course. #RaiderNation

The Butcher
03-12-2019, 08:40 AM
Fuck you lex

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJPf4h9GZvg

Hulky
03-12-2019, 07:29 PM
LeVeon Bell is going to sign with the Raiders next so it'll be Antonio Brown, Trent Brown, LaMarcus Joyner and LeVeon Bell.

Hulky
03-12-2019, 08:57 PM
RIP Giants
also Browns... look... good?
Baker
Chubb Hunt and Duke
Odell, Landry
Njoku
not the worst line
Myles Garrett, Larry O, Sheldon Richardson, Olivier Vernon
DROY at CB

The Cheat
03-12-2019, 09:25 PM
Give the browns a couple of more years to improve. Then we will talk.

The One
03-13-2019, 01:00 AM
Le’Veon Bell to the Jets. Hawt damn.

Hulky
03-13-2019, 01:04 AM
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bu74eJIBYtD/?utm_source=ig_embed
https://scontent-sjc3-1.cdninstagram.com/vp/41c375c68a125fdaa479c9947a84231a/5D0E6192/t51.2885-15/e35/53248516_153003172370571_4641839572114050757_n.jpg ?_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.cdninstagram.com

bludhoundz
03-13-2019, 11:26 AM
Yes I understand the age and money difference between Cooper and AB. The fact is that there had still been a massive production difference (particularly prior to the Cooper trade). I also think that trading for players not under long-term deals can be risky if you're not able to come to an agreement on a new deal. It's unlikely at this point, but imagine the Cowboys and Cooper couldn't agree on a deal and he ended up being released after trading a first round pick for him. I'm not saying it was a terrible trade for the Cowboys, since he's clearly been good. But in terms of relative value... I think a 2nd round pick would've been more "fair", or even the exact deal for AB (3rd and 5th).

Going past that... I'm very disappointed in this decision for the Giants.

Everything else made sense to me. I wasn't happy about letting Collins walk but he is a bit overrated. Vernon for Zeitler made sense. Letting Snacks go cleared up cap space that our previous GM had mismanaged by going all-in. I think a rebuild makes sense, since the roster is too thin at various positions.

Trading Odell though... no. Giants got a fair amount in return, but it's unlikely it'll amount to what he's worth. People say he's a distraction but I think the outside world is more distracted by him than the players in the locker room. I don't like the fact that our owner spoke out against him a couple times... very uncool. The drama Odell created has always been overdone by the media. Owners should stay out of that type of shit, particularly since he wasn't doing dumb shit like getting DUIs or beating women.

Hulky
03-13-2019, 05:37 PM
Odell did have the girl and cocaine thing right before he resigned

bludhoundz
03-13-2019, 06:05 PM
Yeah but Mara spoke out against him on other occasions, when he didn't do something like that.

Personally I think partying a little in the offseason is pretty harmless, but it is more warranted for an owner to say something I guess. It's still on a much lower tier than either DUIs or domestic violence which I mentioned

The Cheat
03-14-2019, 07:06 PM
Le’Veon Bell to the Jets. Hawt damn.

And we will never hear from him again.

Greendaybum5
03-14-2019, 09:42 PM
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bu74eJIBYtD/?utm_source=ig_embed
https://scontent-sjc3-1.cdninstagram.com/vp/41c375c68a125fdaa479c9947a84231a/5D0E6192/t51.2885-15/e35/53248516_153003172370571_4641839572114050757_n.jpg ?_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.cdninstagram.com

is that real?

The Cheat
03-15-2019, 06:34 PM
Did no one else other than the jets go after him?

Hulky
03-15-2019, 07:55 PM
Yeah it's a real tweet lol from Feb 1st

The One
03-16-2019, 01:11 PM
Digging the Tevin Coleman signing. Reuniting him with Shanahan can only mean good things are coming for Niners’ run game. Still skeptical about McKinnon making an impact...Breida is probably #2 on depth chart.

The Cheat
03-17-2019, 05:20 PM
Wait San fran still as a team?

Hulky
04-25-2019, 05:27 PM
I dunno how to post my mock here as I did a weird format on the other forum I post football to, but here's the link to my 3 round mock:
https://forums.footballsfuture.com/topic/18575-final-hours-3-round-mock-draft/

This was my previous mock that I didn't finish:
1.001 Arizona Cardinals select: Kyler Murray, QB Oklahoma
1.002 San Francisco 49ers select: Quinnen Williams, DT Alabama
1.003 TRADE Oakland Raiders select: Nick Bosa, DE The Ohio State (New York Jets surrender picks 1.003 + 3.093, the Oakland Raiders surrender picks 1.004 + 2.035)
1.004 TRADE New York Jets select: Josh Allen, OLB Kentucky (New York Jets surrender picks 1.003 + 3.093, the Oakland Raiders surrender picks 1.004 + 2.035)
1.005 TRADE Cincinnati Bengals select: Dwayne Haskins, QB The Ohio State (Tampa Bay Buccaneers surrender pick 1.005, the Cincinnati Bengals surrender picks 1.011 + 2.042)
1.006 New York Giants select: Jawaan Taylor, LT Florida
1.007 Jacksonville Jaguars select: TJ Hockenson, TE Iowa
1.008 TRADE Atlanta Falcons select: Ed Oliver, DT Houston (Detroit Lions surrender 1.008 + 3.088, the Atlanta Falcons surrender picks 1.014 + 2.045)
1.009 TRADE Miami Dolphins select: Drew Lock, QB Missouri (Buffalo Bills surrender 1.009, the Miami Dolphins surrender picks 1.013 + 3.078)
1.010 Denver Broncos select: Devin White, LB LSU
1.011 TRADE Tampa Bay Buccaneers select: Montez Sweat, DE Mississippi State (Tampa Bay Buccaneers surrender pick 1.005, the Cincinnati Bengals surrender picks 1.011 + 2.042)
1.012 Green Bay Packers select: Jonah Williams, OL Alabama
1.013 TRADE Buffalo Bills select: DK Metcalf, WR Ole Miss (Buffalo Bills surrender 1.009, the Miami Dolphins surrender picks 1.013 + 3.078)
1.014 TRADE Detroit Lions select: Rashan Gary, DE Michigan (Detroit Lions surrender 1.008 + 3.088, the Atlanta Falcons surrender picks 1.014 + 2.045)
1.015 Washington Redskins select: Brian Burns, DE/OLB Florida State
1.016 Carolina Panthers select: Clelin Ferrell, DE Clemson
1.017 New York Giants select: Daniel Jones, QB Duke
1.018 Minnesota Vikings select: Cody Ford, OL Oklahoma
1.019 TRADE Baltimore Ravens select: Devin Bush, LB Michigan (Tennesse Titans surrender pick 1.019, the Baltimore Ravens surrender picks 1.22 + 3.102)
1.020 Pittsburgh Steelers select: Greedy Williams, CB LSU
1.021 Seattle Seahawks select: Andre Dillard, LT Washington State
1.022 TRADE Tennesse Titans select: Christian Wilkins, DL Clemson (Tennesse Titans surrender pick 1.019, the Baltimore Ravens surrender picks 1.22 + 3.102)
1.023 Houston Texans select: Noah Fant, TE Iowa
1.024 Oakland Raiders select: Josh Jacobs, RB Alabama
1.025 Philadelphia Eagles select: Dalton Risner, LT Kansas St.
1.026 Indianapolis Colts select: Byron Murphy, CB Washington
1.027 Oakland Raiders select: DeAndre Baker, CB Georgia
1.028 Los Angeles Chargers select: Dexter Lawrence, NT Clemson
1.029 TRADE San Fransisco 49ers select: N'Keal Harry, WR Arizona State (Kansas City Chiefs surrender pick 1.029, the San Francisco 49ers surrender picks 2.036 + 4.104)

bdog1321
04-26-2019, 01:06 PM
Welp you got Daniel Jones right lololol

RIP bludz

Gryph
04-26-2019, 07:13 PM
Kinda in the middle on the Jets pick. There's 2 ways to look at it from a football perspective though.

Obviously, you want to maximize talent across the board, but the Jets needs of OLB, CB, OL have to be addressed eventually. And in this case, the opportunity presented itself with both Williams and Josh Allen being on the board who were both expected to be somewhere in the 3-7 range. I feel like Allen would of been a far better pick with Gregg Williams there, as he not only can provide outside pressure but is athletic enough to drop back into the flats, which is what they were originally PLANNING before Anthony Barr decided to pussy out. That being said though, with the pick of Williams, the Jets are most likely gonna go 4-3, otherwise you're essentially blowing your first round pick on a "rotation" with another first round pick, which is just stupid planning on draft night.

So now you're the Jets, and you're running 4-3, with a weak CB core, no edge rushers, and OLB weakness, and when you look at your schedule, that 4-3 with shaky coverage, is just asking the Browns, Eagles, Patriots, Falcons, Ravens, and Steelers to just go "Yeah, no" and dink and dunk / outside run you the entire game.

It's either gonna work out spectacularly, or be a nuclear explosion on defense. No middle ground here lol.

bludhoundz
04-26-2019, 07:44 PM
rip

The Cheat
04-26-2019, 11:24 PM
That Duke QB taken so early. Lol.

Hulky
04-30-2019, 02:30 PM
I finished with the same accuracy score as Mike Florio for the first round

10 01 ARI Kyler Murray (4 + 3 + 2 + 1) 

06 02 SF Quinnen Williams ( 3 + 3 + 0 + 0)

02 03 CIN Dwayne Haskins ( 0 + 2 + 0 + 0)

07 04 OAK Nick Bosa ( 2 + 3 + 2 + 0)

04 05 TAM Josh Allen ( 2 +2 + 0 + 0)

10 06 NYG Daniel Jones ( 4 + 2 + 2 + 1)

01 07 JAX Jawaan Taylor ( 0 + 0 + 0 + 1)

06 08 ATL Ed Oliver ( 3 + 3 + 0 + 0)

03 09 MIA Drew Lock ( 0 + 3 + 0 + 0)

04 10 DEN Devin White ( 1 + 3 + 0 +0)

07 11 NYJ Rashan Gary ( 3 + 2 + 2 + 0)

05 12 GB Jonah Williams ( 3 + 2 + 0+ 0)

00 13 BUF DK Metcalf ( 0 + 0 + 0 + 0)

02 14 DET Johnathan Abram ( 0 + 2 + 0 + 0)

07 15 WAS Brian Burns ( 3 + 2 + 2 +0)

04 16 CAR Montez Sweat ( 0 + 2 + 2 +0)

00 17 NYG Cody Ford ( 0 + 0 + 0 + 0)
10 18 MIN Garrett Bradbury ( 4 + 3 + 2 +1)

03 19 BAL Devin Bush ( 0 + 3 + 0 + 0)

00 20 PIT Greedy Williams ( 0 + 0 + 0 + 0)

02 21 SEA Clelin Ferrell ( 0 + 0 + 2 + 0)

05 22 TEN Christian Wilkins ( 0 + 3 + 2 +0)

03 23 HOU TJ Hockenson ( 0 + 3 + 0 +0)

10 24 OAK Josh Jacobs ( 4 + 3 + 2 + 1)

02 25 PHI Dalton Risner ( 0 + 0 + 2 + 0 )

02 26 IND Jeffery Simmons ( 0 + 2 + 0 + 0)

07 27 NYG Jeffery Tillery ( 3 + 2 + 2 + 0)

02 28 LAC Dexter Lawrence ( 0 + 0 + 2 +0)

00 29 SEA Andre Dillard ( 0 + 0 + 0 +0)

03 30 GB Noah Fant ( 0 + 3 + 0 + 0)

04 31 LAR Byron Murphy ( 2 + 2 + 0 +0)

02 32 NE AJ Brown ( 0 + 0 + 2 + 0)

133 points according to https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl-mock-draft-accuracy-methodology/

which is in the 77-81 tier tied Mike Florio, beat Lance Zierlien, Charley Casserly, Pete Prisco, John McClain, and Chris Collinsworth
https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/accuracy/mock-drafts.php?fbclid=IwAR39PQLej4bfgIUZDCLW-f40CbFQNtjJW_yglFFcuGSpw9VTfwwer_Xtzwc

Hulky
06-30-2019, 05:13 PM
Manning's TD record is going down this year to Brees and Brady and the Brees/Brady race for record and who retires first (or gets retired with an injury) is going to be crazy. Can you imagine the hype of being neck and neck for that record, then meeting in the Superbowl?

The Cheat
07-08-2019, 06:45 PM
But Fuck Brady tho?

Never been a huge Brees fan. Maybe if he was on another team.

The Butcher
08-02-2019, 04:54 PM
OH MY FUCKING GOD

A kid from my home town, who's dad was my favorite teacher, just signed to the Eagles.

I am beyond words. This is the most exciting thing

I have a HUGE amount of home town pride... and you all know my Eagles pride. I kind of don' tknow what to do with myself

https://www.pennlive.com/philadelphiaeagles/2019/08/philadelphia-eagles-sign-tight-end-waive-undrafted-free-agent-linebacker.html

bdog1321
08-03-2019, 07:26 PM
OH MY FUCKING GOD

A kid from my home town, who's dad was my favorite teacher, just signed to the Eagles.

I am beyond words. This is the most exciting thing

I have a HUGE amount of home town pride... and you all know my Eagles pride. I kind of don' tknow what to do with myself

https://www.pennlive.com/philadelphiaeagles/2019/08/philadelphia-eagles-sign-tight-end-waive-undrafted-free-agent-linebacker.html

Wait, I've seen this movie. Wahlberg was in it.

Hulky
08-04-2019, 02:00 AM
https://scontent-sjc3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/10348181_10152290934221650_8722077640450595735_n.j pg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_oc=AQmp3j5xkMB4OAiVE7ovlj0L0yB2GKpzynVC23Kc8y6 1ig7NIAqkmk20gVAC2o7wweA&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.xx&oh=76998a4f11bab9efa8a3d16dc66a442e&oe=5DE156C0

Rest in Peace Cliff Branch :(

The Butcher
08-05-2019, 09:46 AM
bdog that's exactly how it feels lol

Greendaybum5
08-05-2019, 01:57 PM
bdog that's exactly how it feels lol

#FlyEaglesFly

The One
08-06-2019, 12:43 AM
Sweet picture Hulky. Jealous...I need my Niners to start winning games again. Can’t believe I’m saying this but the Browns look legitimate and playoff bound.

The Cheat
08-06-2019, 08:19 PM
Quiet! The Browns have hype which means they will fail. So if we say the opposite they may win!

Hugh
08-13-2019, 10:53 PM
But we say the Browns are going to suck every year, and they do. They suck every single year. Hence we are always right about the Browns.
So what if this year we say they aren’t going to suck?

Hulky
08-13-2019, 11:18 PM
You guys hear Dak asked for 40m a year lol Derek Carr at 25 per is kinda looking like a deal at this point

bdog1321
08-14-2019, 11:08 AM
i mean when you consider the fact that the eagles paid wentz 32 million to play 10 games a year, 40 for dak seems like a steal

Hulky
08-14-2019, 02:00 PM
I have like a $1,000 Dak rookie card, so I'm rooting for the guy. Go ahead and dominate the NFC for a few years I'm fine with it. Still 40mil a year would be hilariously too much.

I realize the NFL is nothing like what it was in the 90s, but it's kinda weird no one ever talks about how little players used to make. You know Dan Marino's last 1999 contract paid him 6mil a year? I'm assuming John Elway was in a similar range, Joe Montana probably half that given mid90s retirement and Young probably close as well. The players union is strong as fuck I guess and I wish their was like a good quality Mike Silver article on it and how the pay makes sense (or not?) and how reseting the market with every player up for contract is the new norm regardless given the QB is never really the top guy since the game has been dominated by the old guys with the young just leaping each other in the debate year after year.

bludhoundz
08-14-2019, 09:56 PM
Pay Dak big and don't pay Zeke.

That's the formula for success for the Cowboys.

Gryph
08-15-2019, 05:50 PM
Pay Dak big and don't pay Zeke.

That's the formula for success for the Cowboys.

Least one of them showed up and didn't complain about it. In ownership terms, I'd rather pay a semi-decent employee who works every day more money when asked than an awesome employee who refuses to work despite his contract and has legal issues outside of work.

bdog1321
08-15-2019, 06:25 PM
dak's career will be at least 5 years longer than zeke's, making significantly more than zeke, assuming zeke doesn't have nutso longevity. this CBA has royally fucked rbs. i don't blame zeke at all.

The Cheat
08-15-2019, 08:04 PM
Zeke good tho.

Hulky
08-15-2019, 09:12 PM
Either the Raiders are legit or the Cardinals are insanely garbage, this is fun to watch.

The Cheat
08-15-2019, 10:20 PM
Preseason means nothing.

bludhoundz
08-16-2019, 07:00 PM
Least one of them showed up and didn't complain about it. In ownership terms, I'd rather pay a semi-decent employee who works every day more money when asked than an awesome employee who refuses to work despite his contract and has legal issues outside of work.

You're not wrong, but how much more money?

Zeke gets into trouble and misses games. But at the end of the day, he's the star player, not Dak. If you don't want to pay him, fine, but get a good replacement. Dak hasn't even proven he's worth the $30mil per year they offered, if you ask me

Hulky
08-16-2019, 07:25 PM
Dak has proved himself worthy of a 30mil contract imo, it's just a stupid reality that 30mil is what Dak is worth. He has that 65% and 2:1 TD INT ratio and wins games. He's worth the $30m, but obviously needs Zeke and Amari at this point so $40 is retarded, but $30 would be fair.

bdog1321
08-16-2019, 08:20 PM
You're not wrong, but how much more money?

Zeke gets into trouble and misses games. But at the end of the day, he's the star player, not Dak. If you don't want to pay him, fine, but get a good replacement. Dak hasn't even proven he's worth the $30mil per year they offered, if you ask me

this isn't true. dak wins the games, not zeke

Hugh
08-16-2019, 09:08 PM
I have loved watching Hard Knocks with the Raiders so far. I can never get enough Jon Gruden. He’s great.

Hugh
08-16-2019, 10:11 PM
Ok, I didn’t even know Mike Mayock was the Raiders new GM until I saw him on episode 2 of Hard Knocks. How do you feel about that, Hulky? I mean obviously he knows football but I never liked him as an analyst.

Hulky
08-17-2019, 12:48 AM
I liked the FA and trades, I think he did okay at drafting but with the draft capital we had and the way the draft unfolded he had an opportunity to knock it out of the park

1.4 Josh Allen was the correct pick because if we lucked into Sweat falling which was the rumor then we either get two DEs or Allen plays OLB (Clelin Ferrell)
1.24 Montez Sweat (Josh Jacobs)
1.27 DeAndre Baker (Jonathan Abram)
2.35 Mayock traded down from 35, but I kinda would have been tempted to stay at 35 and take Jawaan Taylor as I had him a top 15 player. As a result I lose the 4th rounder from Jacksonville but get my 5th and 7th back. Also lose Buffalo's 5th. (Trayvon Mullen)
4.106 Mack Wilson was clearly the pick here, this gives Oakland real linebackers instead of rentals. (Maxx Crosby)
I think I get 5.158 as a result of the undone trades and I'd have taken Charles Omenihu
6th I would have grabbed Kelvin Harmon
7th and UDFA I liked Alize Mack and hadn't drafted a TE so I'd probably have gotten him. Ingold the FB we got as UDFA I really like same with Trevon Coney and with me drafted LBs and FB not a real position on many teams I think I'd have added them in the Mack drafted and FB and LB as free agents. Keelan Doss is cool too and local so UDFA as well.

QB: Derek Carr, Mike Glennon
RB: Martin/Washington/Richard (last years backs and Marshawn too, but obviously irl he retires as Raiders took Jacobs -- I like Jacobs and would have considered at 27 if the Ravens passed but since we took at 24 couldn't assume. I think Sweat and DeAndre Baker would have been smarter picks though)
FB: Alex Ingold
WR: Antonio Brown, JJ Nelson, Keelan Doss
WR: Tyrell Williams, Kelvin Harmon, Ryan Grant
TE: Darren Waller, Derek Carrier, Alize Mack, Luke Wilson
LT: Trent Brown, Kolton Miller (this pick was fucking stupid by Gruden and we should have Derwin James)
LG: Richie Incognito, Denver Kirkland
C: Rodney Hudson
RG: Gabe Jackson, Jonathan Cooper
RT: Jawaan Taylor, Brandon Parker

DE: Montez Sweat, Josh Mauro, Charles Omenihu
NT: Jonathan Hankins, Justin Ellis
3T: Maurice Hurst, PJ Hall
DE: Josh Allen, Arden Key, Benson Mayowa
LB: Brandon Marshall, Nicholas Marrow
LB: Vontaze Burfict, Lee/Cabinda competion
LB: Tahir Whitehead, Mack Wilson
CB: Gareon Conley, Daryl Worley
CB: DeAndre Baker, Nick Nelson, Joshua Holsey
S: LaMarcus Joyner, Curtis Riley
S: Jonathan Joseph, Erik Harris

Sanosuke
08-17-2019, 09:56 AM
Hugh are you playing fantasy this year

Hugh
08-17-2019, 03:36 PM
Yes. I’m Crazy Rich Eisen, like last year, but I’m sure I’ll change my team name several times like always.
But yeah I joined weeks ago. Draft is the 25th. All set.
??

bludhoundz
08-18-2019, 07:05 PM
this isn't true. dak wins the games, not zeke

What isn't true? That Zeke is the star player? Because he is. Definitely. Check out Dak's stats and record when Zeke doesn't play, they aren't great.

Or my statement about what Dak is worth? Because that's my opinion, not a fact. You're free to disagree, but that doesn't make it untrue. Cuz again, its an opinion.

bdog1321
08-19-2019, 06:09 PM
What isn't true? That Zeke is the star player? Because he is. Definitely. Check out Dak's stats and record when Zeke doesn't play, they aren't great.

Or my statement about what Dak is worth? Because that's my opinion, not a fact. You're free to disagree, but that doesn't make it untrue. Cuz again, its an opinion.

That's okay but as I've never been wrong in my life, my opinion is fact

Gryph
08-24-2019, 09:39 PM
the fuck luck? lol

Hugh
08-24-2019, 10:41 PM
Luck just couldn’t stay healthy. Wentz will be the same.

The Cheat
08-25-2019, 05:59 PM
Luck just couldn’t stay healthy. Wentz will be the same.

But Luck isn't a prick tho.

Hulky
08-25-2019, 10:56 PM
Sucks the Colts couldn't protect Luck. It's even weirder to think RG3 outlasted Luck in the league.

The Cheat
08-26-2019, 07:40 PM
Sucks the Colts couldn't protect Luck. It's even weirder to think RG3 outlasted Luck in the league.

Now that is just strange. Sad.

Hulky
08-28-2019, 08:17 PM
I just learned that at one point in 1958 the Pittsburgh Steelers had at QB Bobby Layne, Len Dawson and Johnny Unitas. They cut Len Dawson and Johnny Unitas. All three are HOF QBs. Why is this story not part of NFL lore like that team that had 3 HOF QBs on the roster and cut two?

bdog1321
08-28-2019, 09:28 PM
I mean none of them are tony romo, but that's a pretty cool stat.

The Cheat
08-28-2019, 10:35 PM
Captain Andrew Luck signed off of Twitter today. Very sad.

Hulky
08-31-2019, 01:02 AM
I did my money league draft 12 teams. You must draft 2 QB, 4 RB, 4 WR, 2 TE, 2 K, 2 DST so if you get 4 RBs in the first 6 rounds or whatever you can't draft any more. Anyways Darwin Thompson went undrafted and I'm a little pissed that I went RB hard early. The league is also full point ppr and all TDs are 6 points. I picked 5th and was hoping for Saquon, McCafferey, Kamara or Mahomes to fall and that's the order they went in so I took DeAndre Hopkins.

Anyways the team I got is as follows:

QB: Jared Goff, Sam Darnold (plays Dolphins on Goff's bye week)
RB: Todd Gurley, Melvin Gordon, Miles Sanders, David Montgomery
WR: DeAndre Hopkins, Allen Robinson, Josh Gordon, Sterling Shepard
TE: TJ Hockenson, Irv Smith Jr. (I waited on TE, but the round I was targeting TE a run started and Hunter Henry was sniped so I rolled with two prospects I liked as receivers)
DST: Minnesota Vikings, Cleveland Browns
K: Harrison Butker, Daniel Carlson

I went Hopkins then RB four rounds in a row. Gurley has arthritic knee issue so I was like "okay, so I gotta get another RB in the third". Then Gordon was there and if he plays he is pretty good, but once again holdout and arthritic knee I need to go RB again. So I took Miles Sanders, and then the round after I felt David Montgomery was the BPA. We have to start 1 RB and 1 WR, then 2 Flex so I can start 3 of them with Hopkins if things are rolling well. Goff I feel like is a good value QB this year as he was like 4500+ yards 30+tds <15 int or whatever last year, but isn't drafted like it imo (yet people like Cooks, Woods and Kupp ???). Cleveland + Vikings I'm pretty happy with as that is:
Week 1: Cle v. Titans
Week 2: Cle v. Jets
Week 3: Min v. Oak
Week 4: Cle v. Bal or Min v. Chi
Week 5: Min v. Nyg
Week 6: Cle v. Sea or Min v. Phi
Week 7: Min v. Det
Week 8: Min v. Was
Week 9: Cle v. Den
Week 10: Cle v. Buf
Week 11: Min v. Den
Week 12: Cle v. Mia
Week 13: Min v. Sea
Playoffs Week 14: Cle v. Cin or Min v. Det
Playoffs Week 15: Cle v. Ari
Championship Week 16: Cle v. Bal or Min v. GB (if Rodgers is hurt might be a good start)

I assume Harrison Butker has a reasonable shot at finishing as the top kicker given he plays for KC, and you win money for top player in the position group so I reached a bit on kicker. I figure Hopkins and Butker are my best two shots at money'ing on positions. I wish I grabbed Keenan Allen over Melvin Gordon and that would have let me have final pick RB instead of WR (Sheppard) and I could have taken Darwin Thompson. Oh well, I like the rest of my team and maybe Gordon ends his holdout.

Hugh
08-31-2019, 12:33 PM
The Seahawks got Clowney for a third round pick and 2 players who weren’t going to start. Mingo was most likely going to get cut actually.
I can’t fucking believe it. Even for only 1 year of Clowney it’s a ridiculously good trade for Seattle.

Hugh
08-31-2019, 12:40 PM
I just learned that at one point in 1958 the Pittsburgh Steelers had at QB Bobby Layne, Len Dawson and Johnny Unitas. They cut Len Dawson and Johnny Unitas. All three are HOF QBs. Why is this story not part of NFL lore like that team that had 3 HOF QBs on the roster and cut two?

I just recently learned the story of Matthew Stafford and Clayton Kershaw being best friends since they were 6 years old and playing sports together at the same little high school in Texas. At one point they were the 2 highest paid athletes in their sports. For 2 childhood best friends from nowhere to reach the absolute pinnacle of separate pro sports is just fucking crazy.

The Cheat
09-02-2019, 06:51 PM
Are the Texans trying to destroy the team on purpose? WTF are they doing?

Hulky
09-02-2019, 10:54 PM
Texans don't have a GM so everyone is destroying them in trades

The Cheat
09-03-2019, 07:38 PM
Texans don't have a GM so everyone is destroying them in trades

Hulky for GM of the Texans

Hulky
09-04-2019, 01:00 PM
fuck thats a lot of money for Zeke
why was Jerry trolling him only to give him the fatty check lol

The Cheat
09-04-2019, 06:53 PM
Sad to see this end but...

https://deadspin.com/tag/why-your-team-sucks-2019

I look forward to this every year. God I love it so much.

Da Gyps
09-04-2019, 08:51 PM
Sooooooon

Hulky
09-05-2019, 01:54 AM
Got my two opening day Draft Kings lineups for the big contest.
QB: Jameis Winston v. SF | Philip Rivers v. IND
RB: Mark Ingram v. MIA | Mark Ingram v. MIA
RB: Saquon Barkley v. DAL | Saquon Barkley v. DAL
WR: Tyler Lockett v. CIN | Tyler Lockett v. CIN
WR: Mike Williams v. IND | Mike Williams v. IND
WR: Chris Godwin v. SF | Sammy Watkins v. KC
TE: Evan Engram v. DAL | Hunter Henry v. IND
FLEX: Miles Sanders v. WAS | Kerryon Johnson v. ARI
DST: Seattle v. CIN | Baltimore v. MIA

Figured to stack QB with receiving options as a big tournament strategy to hopefully double up if I happened to guess right. So I have Jameis with Godwin and then in the other lineup Rivers with Williams and Henry.The two shittiest teams imo are the Dolphins and Bengals so I picked the defenses that play them. Then Ingram and Barkley are my RBs that are in both lineups Barkley because he is a stud and I kinda sorta like his OLine this year which is weird (Nate Solder, Will Hernandez, the Center that was aight before he lost the rest of the year to injury, Kevin Zeitler and Mike Remmers who was aight the last time he played for Shurmur), I think the floor is high on Barkley and unless Dallas shuts NY out I think Barkley scores. Ingram is because a) Miami is fucking awful b) maybe that hurricane Dorian distracts the Dolphins and they play even worse than garbage --plus the Ravens run the ball like 40 times a game so hopefully Ingram gets the points.

Likewise I'm running two matching WRs in each lineup with Mike Williams and Tyler Lockett. Tyler Lockett is pretty simple a) the Bengals are trash b) who else is Wilson going to throw to. Mike Williams I think Keenan Allen has a minor ankle issue and obviously Tyrell Williams is a Raider now so Mike Williams kinda sorta looks like a top option with a discount price to me. I don't think Indy is bad, but like the retirement of Luck might have a negative morale impact and they underperform, also the lack of Melvin Gordon implies a more passing oriented game plan until they can settle out the Eckler/Jackson situations -- like Rivers is the experience here so I feel like the game plan will focus on him and therefore Williams gets a sizable portion of the gameplan (shit OL too, so I think primary reads will be important). The WR I differentiate is Godwin and Watkins. Sammy Watkins is pretty simple, the Chiefs are retarded expensive and Jalen Ramsey is going to follow Tyreek, so if KC is good and Tyreek is somewhat erased this looks like one of those games that Watkins can randomly get 100 yards and a TD to me (ie. a split between his performances weeks 6 and 7 last year when Tyreek didn't have an insane game, also JAX is going to be hot and humid as hell post Dorian and a speedy guy with a rocket armed QB launching it to him is something I could see burning a spent CB). On the same Dorian line, Godwin has that upside again SF. Mike Evans is number one, but SF has Sherman and if they match up the difference between Godwin v.. whoever the fuck SF puts as #2 should be exploitable especially Witherspoon who is a big physical guy that I could see being affected by hot humidity and giving up separation, in the Godwin lineup I have him stacked with Jameis to exploit this.

Tight End I didn't want to punt so early in the season which is why I dont really have "stud" players outside of Barkley, Engram I think (outside of Barkleys catches) is the Giants pass game week 1. Everyone else has been hurt or in Tate's case suspended. Eli can have upgraded OL and dink dunk to Engram, like for sure Eli isn't going to have less than 200 yards right? Hunter Henry is pretty cheap and stacked with Rivers. I can envision Rivers ripping up Indy if they are mentally thinking "Luck quit we lost our championship hopes", like they have to be thinking that somewhat and may gain back confidence later, but week 1? Rivers? I think Henry is the other outlet for Rivers with Williams with Keenan Allen a defensive focus and having an ankle issue those two get boosts. Miles Sanders I'm a little scared of, I really like him and I think he is the obvious one to get carries, but I could see the Eagles flaunting depth and fucking it up. If they do give him a full or near full load this game against a pretty fucked Redskins team I could see a big game and I doubt he is massively owned as a rookie in a committee week 1 (BTW the Skin's WR1 is Terry McLaurin a rookie who has 0 catches in preseason and the QB is Case Keenum, so I expect Eagles heavy favorites and run the ball a lot). My other Flex is Kerryon. I think this new coach Kingsbury is going to be too focused on offense given this is his first game and he wants to showcase Murray. Dalvin Cook had two carries against the starters and had like 80 yards and a TD. I think Kerryon could have his game of the year against ARI to open. Defense is obvious plays against Bengals without Green and a OL of Andre Smith (Cordy Glenn is hurt), Michael Jordan (a mid round rookie), Trey Hopkins (Billy Price the former first rounder is listed as a backup), John Miller, and Bobby Hart. This line looks super dogshit imo. Andy Dalton isn't a stud, and without a line I'm not confident Joe Mixon can carry the team. Seattle also has Clowney who maybe is motivated like Mack was for his game one post trade and blow it up, especially against the likes of Bobby Hart and Andre Smith. Baltimore is going to destroy Miami for my other defense. They traded for Josh Rosen, then start Fitzpatrick over him. Fitz has thrown 5 INT in a game because he doesn't give a fuck if they are down he will take shots to at least try to come back and gives no fucks what the stat line looks like at the end of the game. They had one offensive good player in Tunsil and traded him. Their line is Julien Davenport (a bad player from a bad Texans OL who has been with the team like a week), Mike Deiter a mid round rookie, Daniel Kilgore a 49ers cast off, Shaq Calhoun, and Jessie Davis (I think he played G for them last year but since they traded both tackles the bad to lower average guard is now RT lol). Then they had Kenny Stills and Albert Wilson, one was traded and the other is hurt. So at WR I guess its Davante Parker who has done nothing and uh... Preston Williams the undrafted rookie who had a decent preseason game and then made mistakes the next? Then there is the hurricane and heat conditions to make them tired and I think Baltimore may absolutely destroy this team. I'm not 100% sold on the pass rushing of the Ravens this year, but Brandon Williams against Kenyan Drake who won't play a full load anyways (he average 7.5 carries a game last year) should reduce run threat a bit, and the secondary of Marlon Humphries, Jimmy Smith, Tony Jefferson and Earl Thomas will man handle any "passing" game out of the equation. I think heat and a absolute shit OL makes a potentially average pass rush look like a god tier one this game especially with any passing options locked down by the top four of their secondary. Julien Davenport was graded a low 50s and Jesse Davis a mid 50s player last year, Calhoun is a UDFA rookie, Kilgore a low 50s grade, and I kinda liked Dieter as a developmental guard but if I remember right he lacked power to start -- this is death for Miami PFF ranked them as the worst OL and then the traded Tunsil lol.

KBHoleN1
09-05-2019, 02:14 PM
Are we doing Pick Em this year? I rejoined the group just in case. First game is tonight, so make your pick if you're playing.

Hulky
09-05-2019, 02:40 PM
I rejoined

KBHoleN1
09-05-2019, 03:43 PM
12 team standard scoring league, 2nd year playing fantasy for me

QB Deshaun Watson, Kirk Cousins
RB Christian McCaffrey, Kerryon Johnson, Matt Breida, Darrell Henderson
WR Keenan Allen, Cooper Kupp, Tyler Boyd, Dede Westbrook, Michael Gallup, Geronimo Allen, Hunter Renfrow
TE Evan Engram
DEF Browns
K Harrison Butker

I feel pretty good about this. I need to get some depth at TE, and probably another RB, just waiting to see who among the bench receivers I want to dump. Renfrow seems obvious but I want to stash him because I think he'll breakout by the end of the year and might be useful, especially if AB has ongoing issues and Carr needs a slot possession receiver.

Hulky
09-05-2019, 11:34 PM
Bears looked awful offensively outside of Allen Robinson. They need to feature Montgomery, Mike Davis isn't an answer and Cohen had a bad drop.

bludhoundz
09-06-2019, 05:50 PM
Kinda mad about the pickem. I think I just picked all the favorites as stand ins since it seemed like I needed an entry just to join, but I thought I had changed my pick to the packers. I kept saying that Rodgers did it on one leg last year, so they'll win again this year because he has two. :(

Also KB that team looks pretty good, I don't see any real weakness except yeah, maybe you wanna stash a 5th RB or backup TE.

The Cheat
09-06-2019, 07:25 PM
12 team standard scoring league, 2nd year playing fantasy for me

QB Deshaun Watson, Kirk Cousins
RB Christian McCaffrey, Kerryon Johnson, Matt Breida, Darrell Henderson
WR Keenan Allen, Cooper Kupp, Tyler Boyd, Dede Westbrook, Michael Gallup, Geronimo Allen, Hunter Renfrow
TE Evan Engram
DEF Browns
K Harrison Butker

I feel pretty good about this. I need to get some depth at TE, and probably another RB, just waiting to see who among the bench receivers I want to dump. Renfrow seems obvious but I want to stash him because I think he'll breakout by the end of the year and might be useful, especially if AB has ongoing issues and Carr needs a slot possession receiver.

I don't even know who half of those people are lol.

Guess I'm out of touch...again.

Hulky
09-06-2019, 07:55 PM
I don't even know who half of those people are lol.

Guess I'm out of touch...again.

QB Deshaun Watson (QB Texans), Kirk Cousins (QB Vikings)
RB Christian McCaffrey (RB Panthers), Kerryon Johnson (RB Lions), Matt Breida (Time share RB 49ers), Darrell Henderson (Todd Gurley's backup Rams)
WR Keenan Allen (WR Chargers), Cooper Kupp (3rd WR Rams after Woods and Cooks), Tyler Boyd (AJ Green's kinda replacement on Bengals), Dede Westbrook (WR Jaguars, Nick Foles likes him), Michael Gallup (2nd WR on Cowboys after Amari Cooper), Geronimo Allen (He is on the Packers, but did nothing I think got benched at half), Hunter Renfrow (He is the third WR on the Raiders)
TE Evan Engram (TE and kinda WR on the Giants)
DEF Browns (actually a popular Defense this year on schedule and they have real pieces like DL has Myles Garret the top pick a couple years ago, Sheldon Richardson and the DE from the Giants who the Giants gave a fuck ton of money to but then changed schemes, also two highly drafted young corners and the young LBs did good in preseason)
K Harrison Butker (kicker for the Chiefs so lots of XP attempts)

Hugh
09-07-2019, 01:53 PM
Antonio Brown released. Raiders really fucked the dog on this one.

Hulky
09-07-2019, 03:57 PM
I kind of feel like Tua Tagovailoa is going to be a Raider. Dolphins get Trevor Lawerence in a double year tank. Raiders signed Trent Brown to top LT money and put him as RT which could be getting him ready to be a left handed QBs blind side protector.

bdog1321
09-07-2019, 05:59 PM
Raiders traded amari cooper away, then traded a 3rd and 5th for the right to cut antonio brown so he could sign with the Patriots

Hulky
09-07-2019, 06:54 PM
Antonio Brown is a fucking genius not going to lie.
He got the Raiders to get him out of Pittsburgh. Acted just enough of a fool without doing anything really suspension worthy to get cut. Then signs with the Pats to win the SB.

Hugh
09-07-2019, 06:57 PM
Yep. Like I said, Raiders fucked the dog. Nice job, Mayock.

The Cheat
09-07-2019, 07:40 PM
As soon as I saw he got cut, I knew he was going to go to the fucking Pats.

Great. Just great. This season already sucks and it hasn't begun yet. Fucking hell...

The Cheat
09-07-2019, 07:44 PM
This isn't NFL but football related. Pretty cool.

https://deadspin.com/this-football-league-was-built-for-girls-who-love-to-hi-1835580300

Hulky
09-07-2019, 08:00 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-gwWVYmW7Y

He def planned this shit right? I wonder if the Raiders can get the league to investigate some sort of tampering and get their first rounder.

The Cheat
09-07-2019, 08:21 PM
It was a pats plan from the start. Brown wanted out at Pitt. Pats want him but don't want to pay him a ton of cash. Brown, understanding that he can get a SB, decides to forgo for one year. Agent gets him to sign anywhere (Raiders). Brown then shows up "out of his mind" so he can get fired. Moment he is fired, Pats sign him for cheap and Brown gets to play for a ring while Pats paid little and will win.

If it was any other team I would be impressed. But since it is the Pats, Fuck them with a broken spoon.

Hulky
09-07-2019, 08:33 PM
It was a pats plan from the start. Brown wanted out at Pitt. Pats want him but don't want to pay him a ton of cash. Brown, understanding that he can get a SB, decides to forgo for one year. Agent gets him to sign anywhere (Raiders). Brown then shows up "out of his mind" so he can get fired. Moment he is fired, Pats sign him for cheap and Brown gets to play for a ring while Pats paid little and will win.

If it was any other team I would be impressed. But since it is the Pats, Fuck them with a broken spoon.

Pats are paying him essentially what the Raiders were going to (Raiders 14.5mil year 1, NE 15mil year 1) , but broken into one year deals instead of a 3 year. They happened to have the exact amount of open cap space to do this, where they never carry this much cap.

manonfire101
09-08-2019, 10:37 AM
Pats are paying him essentially what the Raiders were going to (Raiders 14.5mil year 1, NE 15mil year 1) , but broken into one year deals instead of a 3 year. They happened to have the exact amount of open cap space to do this, where they never carry this much cap.

Chestgate.

bdog1321
09-08-2019, 10:37 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-gwWVYmW7Y

He def planned this shit right? I wonder if the Raiders can get the league to investigate some sort of tampering and get their first rounder.

What a fucking lunatic. Dude needs lots of professional help

Hugh
09-08-2019, 12:31 PM
Whatever. He’s just a superstar athlete and entertainer. His ability, reliability, work ethic are proven over YEARS and aren’t in question. This whole thing is fucking stupid.
Want him to be Larry Fitzgerald? Well not everyone is Larry Fitzgerald. That’s life. They hired him to kick ass on Sunday and he always has and will again this year...for the Patriots.
Mike Mayock has no coaching experience. He’s a first year GM. He doesn’t know his to deal with NFL players. He fined AB for shit that ultimately would have meant nothing and went after his contract and guarantees. Mayock either knew they would destroy the relationship and did it anyway, or he didn’t...and should have. Either way he fucked the dog and I believe he will get fired.

Hugh
09-08-2019, 12:35 PM
Also, you want every player to be treated the same, fine. Cool. Pay every player $20 million a year. Or pay every player league minimum. Both ideas are retarded. All players are NOT the same. Everyone knows that. Jesus.

Hulky
09-08-2019, 12:46 PM
What? That's not what I am saying at all. What I am saying is Antonio wanted out of Pittsburgh. Antonio Brown and his agent Drew Rosenhaus contacted the Patriots to trade for Brown. The Steelers said no, they won't trade him to the Patriots.

The Steelers try to trade him to the Bills, but the Bills back out when it's obvious that Brown wants no part in being a Bill. They didn't want to be what the Raiders ended up being. The Raiders traded for him and he did just enough to get released, then posted his celebration video of getting released in that video he calls his grandmother who has been talking about being released so he can be free to do what he wants. Then within an hour he has a contract for 15mil from the Patriots (the Patriots never carry this much cap space to pull this deal off, this fast into the season). People saying Brown lost money are being naive. He was getting 14.5mil from Oakland this year if he played. He is getting 15mil from the Patriots. Julio just got 22mil, next year AB will get another contract and make more money than his 3 year deal in Oakland.

The Raiders traded a 3rd and 5th for AB to go from the Steelers to the Patriots and even the league is saying they believe this was set up from the start. I hope the Raiders get a reimbursement pick in 2020 for being fucked over.

It's even been reported AB hired social media consultants on how best accelerate his release from the Raiders, he isn't nuts he is genius. I just hope if the Patriots were involved they get punished. If AB masterminded it himself then good on him. I doubt the Pats weren't involved with the speed it worked out and how they were interested before the Steelers said no.

Achilles
09-08-2019, 02:00 PM
I've been pretty vocal I don't like football but this has literally been dominating the radio all day and it's fucking hilarious. Listen online at 98.5 the Sports Hub which is our local sports station anytime tomorrow and even all the local sports journalists are laughing about it like oh man, if the country hated us already we might go down as the most detestable sports organization of all time with this, especially if we win again. It's so fucking funny, they're not even trying to deny it. The two dudes on the radio were just laughing about it all morning like we're going to be so hated absolutely everywhere we go if this is successful. People here don't even care either, they've totally accepted the role of villain and completely embraced it. Looking in from the outside it's the funniest shit ever.

People already hate Boston for more reasons than I can count, so I think everyone is at the point where there like eh fuck it and fuck you. It's a weird thing being from here, even within Massachusetts lots of people outside the city hate the city. My parents got my sister and I out of Boston when were kids and even as a little kid other kids parents in the suburbs didn't want me around their children because of where I was from. So even though I don't care about football and honestly have zero investment if the Patriots win, I agree, fuck it, hate us all you want because it just makes me laugh at this point.

Hugh
09-08-2019, 02:58 PM
I see what you mean, Hulky. Well played to AB and the Pats for pulling this off I guess.

max2k106
09-08-2019, 07:37 PM
I drafted Marlon Mack in my fantasy league ..... Sat him out this week in favor of Joe Mixon and Damien Williams. Granted, Williams had a fine game, but Mack fkkin' destroyed today.

The Cheat
09-08-2019, 09:11 PM
Not sure why the league didn't step in and go "ummm this is shady as hell. Deal denied."

Da Gyps
09-09-2019, 03:45 PM
Because the Patriots run this shit.

Hulky
09-09-2019, 06:01 PM
https://scontent-sjc3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/70451864_2733486720031332_7355025090880208896_n.jp g?_nc_cat=111&_nc_oc=AQlwILiw7oIKDD1X5jmI42CX40xMB0bywO8Zm5iXk7z IVewO7euxxZ_XWdjtXzu5fk8&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.xx&oh=6c3365b18255c715551b9a513a75fb2e&oe=5E06833D

https://i2.wp.com/joeiovino.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/keep-pounding-drum.jpg?resize=300%2C262

He either interpreted the saying right or wrong

Hugh
09-09-2019, 06:28 PM
Lol. That’s awesome.

Hugh
09-09-2019, 10:25 PM
What a great game tonight.

Hulky
09-09-2019, 10:56 PM
crazy how Watson had that insane comeback but 38 seconds or whatever was too much time left

KBHoleN1
09-09-2019, 11:01 PM
More like playing shit prevent defense never works against Drew Brees. If you stop pressing receivers and stop rushing the passer, he will pick you apart every time. That last pass where they needed 7 yards to get in their field goal range and the Texans played a soft defense that gave up the easiest 9 yards you can imagine - like what are you hoping to do?

Had to look up their coaching staff to be sure. I want to hear Romeo Crennel describe his thought process on that last play.

Hugh
09-09-2019, 11:34 PM
Exactly, KB. That was terrible defensive coaching by Houston. They played like Brees needed to get 6 instead of 3. They didn’t even adjust after the first two easy passes. Why play 4 guys 30 yards deep against Drew Brees when you’re only protecting a 1 point lead? Lol. Unfuckingbelievable.

Hulky
09-10-2019, 01:29 AM
I did not all expect that performance from the Raiders. Down both guards and the OL was very impressive. Von Miller and Chubb are awesome and to have no sacks was insane. Jacobs was great. Tyrell looks legit. That long drive. Fuck great game.

bdog1321
09-10-2019, 07:58 AM
Dak mvp

The Cheat
09-10-2019, 08:42 PM
Biggest surprise of week one so far is...?