PDA

View Full Version : For NFL fans

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20

Hulky
09-10-2019, 10:18 PM
AB accused of rape, and his emails kinda imply it happened imo.

The Cheat
09-12-2019, 08:46 PM
What happened to him that made him lose his damn mind?

Hulky
09-14-2019, 03:30 PM
I have 3 Draft Kings lineups this week:

QB: Tom Brady v. MIA | Ben Roethlisberger v. SEA | Derek Carr v. KC
RB: Devin Singletary v. NYG | Austin Ekeler v. DET | Austin Ekeler v. DET
RB: Rex Burkhead v. MIA | Adrian Peterson v. DAL | Matt Brieda v. CIN
WR: Juju Smith Schuster v. SEA | Juju Smith Schuster v. SEA | Juju Smith Schuster v. SEA
WR: Keenan Allen v. DET | Tyrell Williams v. KC | Tyrell Williams v. KC
WR: Julian Edelman v. MIA | Michael Thomas v. LAR | Sammy Watkins v. OAK
TE: TJ Hockenson v. LAC | TJ Hockenson v. LAC | Darren Waller v. KC
FLEX: George Kittle v. CIN | DeAndre Hopkins v. JAX | Travis Kelce v. OAK
DST: NE v. MIA | NE v. MIA | NE v. MIA

Anyone have advice so I don't do something stupid like start Flacco again?

bdog1321
09-15-2019, 05:02 PM
Dak mvp

Hugh
09-15-2019, 09:54 PM
Wentz out hurt again. Watching in the sideline, at least for now.
I’ve been bitching since they won the SB that Philly should have traded Wentz for a TON of picks and kept Foles, the guy who won them a championship and has ALWAYS BEEN GREAT THERE. They could have set themselves up for years.
Wentz is going to be injured always and have a short career. What a missed opportunity.

The Cheat
09-17-2019, 09:08 PM
When Jets play Miami....holy shit what a game.

Hulky
09-18-2019, 03:38 AM
Wentz out hurt again. Watching in the sideline, at least for now.
I’ve been bitching since they won the SB that Philly should have traded Wentz for a TON of picks and kept Foles, the guy who won them a championship and has ALWAYS BEEN GREAT THERE. They could have set themselves up for years.
Wentz is going to be injured always and have a short career. What a missed opportunity.

You know Foles is hurt too lol he got knocked out week one

Hulky
09-18-2019, 03:39 AM

I swear to God if the Jets let the Dolphins win and both end up coin flipping for the draft and the Jets steal Miami's Tank play that would be the greatest victory against tanking

Hulky
09-18-2019, 03:39 AM

I swear to God if the Jets let the Dolphins win and both end up coin flipping for the draft and the Jets steal Miami's Tank play that would be the greatest victory against tanking

The Cheat
09-19-2019, 08:45 PM
Does anyone this we could have another 0-16 team this year?

Hulky
09-20-2019, 01:09 AM
Does anyone this we could have another 0-16 team this year?
I think Miami is not only going 0-16 I think Miami is the worst team of all the 0-16 teams.

Like Cleveland had Myles Garrett who single handidly is more valuable than the entire Dolphins roster. The Browns also had Crowell and Duke Johnson with Joe Thomas for part of the year, that's better run game than Kenyan Drake a random and the make shift garbage Miami has. The Lions had Calvin Johnson and Cliff Avril. Miami has Howard at CB who is a risk taker and Christian Wilkins. The Dolphins are totally fucked.

To open the years the Browns lost by 3 and then 14, the Lions by 13 and 23, Dolphins by 49 and 43.

Hugh
09-21-2019, 09:43 AM
You know Foles is hurt too lol he got knocked out week one

Yes, broken collar bone, which is kind of a fluke and not necessarily a result of play style like Wentz, who loves to run head first into linebackers.
Maybe it wouldn’t have happened to Foles in Philly? Who knows. They’d have the resources to protect him if they traded Wentz for a wheel barrow full of picks, if that’s what they wanted to do.
But opinions are like assholes, right?:)

Hulky
09-21-2019, 04:38 PM
But opinions are like assholes, right?:)
half this forum fucks with them?

Hugh
09-22-2019, 11:05 AM
Brilliant!

The Cheat
09-22-2019, 04:57 PM
So...what happened to AB?

Hulky
09-22-2019, 09:25 PM
So...what happened to AB?

accused of rape or sexual assault by two women with damning texts and he threatened one and her kids

Lex
09-23-2019, 01:33 AM
I'm gonna miss Eli. But I'm all about the Danny Dimes train.

KBHoleN1
09-23-2019, 12:21 PM
Here's my fantasy team for this week. Standard ESPN scoring, 12 team league:

QB: Deshaun Watson - 25.8
RB: Christian McCaffrey - 24.8
RB: Kerryon Johnson - 10.3
WR: Keenan Allen - 30.6
WR: Cooper Kupp - 22.2
TE: Evan Engram - 17.3
FLEX: Matt Breida - 8.8
D/ST: Packers - 13
K: Harrison Butker - 10

Total Score - 162.8

And I had Agholor on my bench (15 points), that I could have played in the flex spot for 6 more points.

KBHoleN1
09-23-2019, 12:22 PM
Shit, shit, shit. If I had played Agholor I would have had 169. Fuck me.

The Cheat
09-23-2019, 08:10 PM
accused of rape or sexual assault by two women with damning texts and he threatened one and her kids

No I mean what made him lose his damn mind??

Lex
09-23-2019, 08:34 PM
No I mean what made him lose his damn mind??

He was always like this, the Steelers just have a godlike PR team that managed to keep it all locked away.

Da Gyps
09-24-2019, 09:10 AM
Shit, shit, shit. If I had played Agholor I would have had 169. Fuck me.

Mistakes were made.

The Cheat
09-24-2019, 09:44 PM
He was always like this, the Steelers just have a godlike PR team that managed to keep it all locked away.

Best answer I have seen thus far.

bludhoundz
09-27-2019, 07:22 AM
There is speculation that the 2015 Vontaze Burfict blow to the head is what caused AB to start acting crazy, since most of his publicized antics came after that.

But there are reports from as early as 2012 (maybe 2010? I don't remember the year) that he would be outlandish in practice. Apparently Troy Polamalu wanted to fuck him up after AB was being disrespectful to their defensive coach

Hulky
09-27-2019, 12:33 PM
There is speculation that the 2015 Vontaze Burfict blow to the head is what caused AB to start acting crazy, since most of his publicized antics came after that.

But there are reports from as early as 2012 (maybe 2010? I don't remember the year) that he would be outlandish in practice. Apparently Troy Polamalu wanted to fuck him up after AB was being disrespectful to their defensive coach

It's in his scouting reports that were leaked too which helps explain why he went so late in the draft. This is one he tweeted out lol.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C5tW6iJWAAAFoih?format=jpg&name=900x900

The Cheat
09-28-2019, 05:11 PM
Some of that is spot on.

Hugh
09-29-2019, 02:05 PM
They should kick Vontes Burfict out of the league. He’s had plenty of time and more than enough warnings to change to change his ways, especially these ridiculously late hits and unnecessary roughness/blatant spearing hits like he just did again. He will not change or even tone it down, and it’s been a hundred second chances.
So fuck him.

Hugh
09-29-2019, 03:21 PM
I’m in Arizona for the Seahawks/Cardinals game.
There are at least as many if not more Seahawks fans here than Cardinals. That’s not an exaggeration either. So many people here are transplants or snowbirds from Washington, plus it’s a place we love to travel because you go from rainy and shitty to 80 degrees this time of year.

Hulky
09-29-2019, 06:43 PM
absolutely hosed in draftkings today basically no superstars did good and random ass Titans and Browns dominated lol

Hugh
09-29-2019, 11:33 PM
Teddy Bridgewater is the ultimate backup QB. He beat Seattle and Dallas back to back by basically doing nothing but protecting the football.

bdog1321
09-30-2019, 12:03 AM
sucks but whatever

Hulky
09-30-2019, 01:20 AM
Teddy B is so overrated it isn't funny.

Some shit team is going to pay him retarded money to be their QB.

I don't get why the media keeps calling him the best backup too. Like what? Daniel Jones was a backup. Daniel Jones is much better than Teddy. Minshew was considered a shitty backup and he's better than Teddy. Nick Mullens was pretty good last year. Tannehill is a pretty ideal backup. Tyrod might be better too.

I hope he ends up QBing the Dolphins with Davante Parker as his WR again.

Hugh
09-30-2019, 09:33 AM
I guess when I say backup QB I mean exactly that. He’s not good enough to be a starting QB in my opinion. He shouldn’t be one or be paid like one. If he’s on a serious team with a franchise QB and a defense he’s the perfect backup because he’s smart, very safe with the football and shows flashes of talent but doesn’t try to do too much. He doesn’t get in his teams way. And he seems to be a quiet personality off the field. No drama but also not a guy who appears to have a dominant personality. Again, the perfect backup.
I think Minshew is a starter. He’s dynamic on and off the field and he can take a game over. Maybe hasn’t shown it yet but I think he will.
It’s not about someone being better than Teddy. It’s about someone a better backup QB than Teddy.

The Cheat
09-30-2019, 07:36 PM
I don't know how the Saints keep winning without Brees. Every pass they do now are screens or dump offs

bdog1321
10-01-2019, 03:20 PM
I don't know how the Saints keep winning without Brees. Every pass they do now are screens or dump offs

Defense, special teams, and mistakes by the other team

The Cheat
10-01-2019, 09:19 PM
Cincy is so bad lol.

bludhoundz
10-03-2019, 09:36 PM
I agree Bridgewater is a backup. He's looked like one to me his whole career. He's a good backup, though. Trubisky is also a backup imo, but he's not that good of one

Russell Wilson might be the best QB in the league man. Mahomes gets a lot of hype but look at his supporting cast and his offensive coach. The Seahawks don't have that level of surrounding talent and Wilson is making Schottenheimer look good

Hugh
10-03-2019, 09:49 PM
Yeah, Russ is having a great season.
Talent and leadership and everything aside, he’s also like the most well-built human on earth. Considering how much he runs and improvises and how much he’s been sacked/hit, the fact that he’s never missed a start in his 8th season is unreal. He’s just a tank.

The Cheat
10-05-2019, 07:05 PM
But his face looks so punchable tho Hugh

Hugh
10-05-2019, 08:46 PM
I get it.

Hulky
10-06-2019, 11:04 AM
I got my three DK lineups for today

QB: 1) Tom Brady 2) Carson Wentz 3) Matt Ryan
RB: 1) David Johnson 2) Dalvin Cook 3) Dalvin Cook
RB: 1) Aaron Jones 2) Zeke Elliot 3) Zeke Elliot
WR: 1) Julio Jones 2) Michael Thomas 3) Julio Jones
WR: 1) Alshon Jeffery 2) Alshon Jeffery 3) Auden Tate
WR: 1) Keesean Johnson 2) Jarius Wright 3) Keesean Johnson
TE: 1) Darren Waller 2) Jimmy Graham 3) Jimmy Graham
FLEX: 1) Auden Tate 2) Keesean Johnson 3) Chris Thompson
DST: 1) Patriots v. Skins 2) Eagles v. NYJ 3) Bears v. Oak

Hugh
10-06-2019, 01:40 PM
Josh Jacobs is a beast.

Hulky
10-06-2019, 03:50 PM
Yeah I can't wait until year two with him he has been awesome so far and been sick and semi-injured. Second year should be insane, we still haven't seen him with both starting guards.

Da Gyps
10-07-2019, 05:49 PM
Chiefs are going to have to get some guys from the local ymca team or something.

The Cheat
10-07-2019, 08:26 PM
Chiefs are going to have to get some guys from the local ymca team or something.

Explain why that game sucked so bad last night. What happened to the Chiefs?

Hugh
10-07-2019, 08:54 PM
Niners really abusing the Browns. They look pretty legit.

Da Gyps
10-08-2019, 07:59 AM
Explain why that game sucked so bad last night. What happened to the Chiefs?

Top two wrs, top two oline out etc...

Not being able to block for shit was the biggest issue.

Hulky
10-08-2019, 11:57 AM
Browns need to replace Freddie Kitchens tbh.
How are you going to take a stacked team and just roll them out as the same shitty Browns team.

The Cheat
10-08-2019, 07:09 PM
I agree Hulky. Why did they fucking hire him? Makes no sense.

bludhoundz
10-08-2019, 10:50 PM
Chiefs aren't running the ball like last year, plus injuries hurt the offense. But I think they're really low in rushing yards per game, that's gonna take its toll on the o line and Mahomes

Also agree on the Browns. The ridiculous number of penalties also speaks to the fact that they're not well coached

Hulky
10-10-2019, 08:12 PM
No Saquon Barkley.
No Evan Engram.
No Sterling Shepard.
No Wayne Gallman (Barkley backup)

Good luck Danny Jones against the Patriots

bludhoundz
10-10-2019, 10:15 PM
He hasn't played that well but the defense has been admirable

Achilles
10-10-2019, 10:56 PM
I swear to fucking christ if the the rest of the country doesn't get their shit together and I have to deal with another god damn parade I'm going to blame it all on all of you.

Lex
10-10-2019, 10:58 PM
You could always move.
Or bomb the parade, there are minorities in it I'm pretty sure Boston folk dont like those.

Achilles
10-11-2019, 04:49 PM
You could always move.
Or bomb the parade, there are minorities in it I'm pretty sure Boston folk dont like those.

This was a pretty huge low blow. I was at the Marathon Bombings as a medic. I had to find a severed leg with a shoe on it that matched the shoe of the leg the guy still had attached to him. I was there for the triage when they black tagged Martin Richard, even though he was still alive and only eight. To make it worse I lived over on Pope's Hill St. right near him (didn't know him or his family) and saw his mom walking around on her prosthetic leg she got blown off for two years after it happened, which was really hard because I participated in the decision to not save her son.

I never liked you. I never liked people like you. Soft as shit keyboard warriors who's hands probably feel like a baby's ass. If you're going to joke, fine. I don't care. But don't joke about shit like pulling off bombings in Boston at a parade to me dude. Bust my balls all you want but at least have some class.

Lex
10-11-2019, 06:11 PM
I find it kind of interesting you're only offended by the half of that comment that was obviously not serious.

Hugh
10-11-2019, 07:26 PM
That’s the half that was offending. Why would he give a shit that you suggested he move?
It was a bad joke, Lex. You could at least admit it.

Achilles
10-11-2019, 08:04 PM
I find it kind of interesting you're only offended by the half of that comment that was obviously not serious.

Sure. I can reply to the other part.

My first response is you're a fuckwit. You don't even have the most basic fundamental understanding of history. Boston is no more racist than any other city. Chicago, LA, New York. They're all full of racism. You likely... actually, scratch that; you definitely don't know why Boston is considered racist. Not only do you not know, you don't know that you don't know.

Judge W. Arthur Garrity enacted a law in 1974 that coincided with desegregation called the Bussing Desegregation Crisis, but we call it bussing for short. Basically, since the black schools were under funded, instead of solving the problem of funding those schools they created a lottery where even though you might have a school a hundred steps away, you'd get bussed across town for hours to a school somewhere really far away. I came from Southie, which is a mostly Irish/Polish/Lithuanian town, but even though my mom, for example, was white - she was forced to be bussed to Roxbury, which was all black.

Where she was beaten within an inch of her life and had to hide in a dumpster her first day.

Now to be fair, the same exact thing happened to black kids bussed into Southie. It was the seventies. It's why I ended up in the suburbs - my parents got my little sister and I out of the city as quick as they could. At the same time, Whitey Bulger and the Winter Hill Gang took advantage of what was going on and engulfed the entire neighborhood in crime. They found two of my uncles in a mob graveyard in Dorchester (where I live now) a few years ago. The only reason they were able to figure out who they were was because even though they cut off their finger tops and pulled their teeth out was because they buried them before forensics, so they still had their hair.

The entire reason Boston is considered racist, which I know you don't know, is because of the rhetoric created around the bussing riots. Which was a greater part of the Civil Rights Movement. My mom isn't racist because she's from Boston, she's misunderstood because she was sent to a predominantly black neighborhood in the seventies and was beaten nearly to death with a bottle because she was white. Nobody who's black is racist for being sent to Southie for the same reason, they were probably treated like shit.

As I said - New York, Chicago, LA, all of them are the same, Southie was just all over the news when it was all happening.

Read a fucking book.

Also, don't make jokes about bombings in Boston. Have some class. If you disagree I can literally give you the number of Martin Richard's mom and you can joke around on the phone with her about blowing people up at parades in Boston. Put your money where you mouth is and take the number or shut the fuck up. I hate pussy ass people like you who've never seen death and just talk shit online. PM me and the number is yours. Just report back what she says if you're so confident in your assertion.

Hugh
10-11-2019, 08:08 PM
Also, challenging and reviewing pass interference penalties is a fucking joke and they need to either get rid of it or take it seriously. I don’t know if these fucking refs are pissed about their decisions and authority being challenged and refusing to overturn clearly blown and missed calls on purpose or what, but I’ve seen some blatant and obvious bullshit hold up after booth review that any professional ref or 90 year old blind grandmother could see should have been overturned.
Bush league.

The Cheat
10-11-2019, 08:12 PM
There goes Ach on one of his rants again.

So who is worst team:

Cincy, Miami, Jets, Washington.

Greendaybum5
10-11-2019, 08:23 PM
There goes Ach on one of his rants again.

So who is worst team:

Cincy, Miami, Jets, Washington.

I think it's Miami and not even close, but Sunday will probably answer that question.

Lex
10-11-2019, 11:32 PM
Miami has the worst team, but the jets will prolly finish with the worst record, cause miami can't even tank right

Hugh
10-11-2019, 11:35 PM
They all blow but Miami could be the worst team ever. Last I checked they were the worst ranked offense and defense in the league. That’s impressive.

Hugh
10-12-2019, 01:57 AM
That’s the other thing about the Patriots incredible run of success. The AFC East is the shittiest division in the history of professional football.
It’s not just that the Dolphins, Jets and Bills have all been shitty for most of the last 20 years. None of them have even produced a franchise QB in the last 20 years. Not one worth mentioning anyway. Every year it’s Tom Brady versus a collection of hacks, bums and washed up retreads trying to give it one last go. And sure Tom is the best ever, but it hasn’t hurt that he’s been facing off against stooges his entire career.
Wonder how things may have been different if there was a consistently good franchise that the Pats were battling with for the division through the Brady/Belichick years. Maybe even a team with a real franchise QB. And not even a Rogers or Brees but like a Matt Ryan, Russell Wilson, Big Ben or Cam Newton. Just someone good instead of these scarecrows the rest of the AFC East keep putting under center every...single...season.
How can 3 teams in the same fucking division not find a good QB in 20 fucking years?? My god.

Hulky
10-12-2019, 12:02 PM
I think Miami is legit worse than any team since at least 2000. The others at least have talented players that are hurt, Miami is healthy and just awful. I think the Dolphins would be a really good offseason or two to be as good as the other three.

bludhoundz
10-13-2019, 11:23 AM
I swear to fucking christ if the the rest of the country doesn't get their shit together and I have to deal with another god damn parade I'm going to blame it all on all of you.

I get Lex's response to this being inappropriate, but I'm pretty sick of seeing you post comments like this. Please understand that bitching about your sports teams winning too often may not come across well, even if you legitimately don't like it.

Hugh
10-13-2019, 12:13 PM
It is kind of a dick slap to those of us who are actually passionate about football and our teams. I agree.
I mean I’m a big boy and I can take it, and it would be totally different if you were a Pats fan rubbing our noses in it because the Pats are the best and we can’t argue it. That’s what sports rivalry is all about.
But us knowing you don’t give a shit about football, and you knowing we do, and saying you’re sick of these championship parades fucking up your commute and telling the rest of us to get our shit together...Lol. Come on, Ach.

Hugh
10-13-2019, 03:24 PM
The new ref in the Seahawk/Browns game is unbelievably terrible. I actually feel bad for Cleveland. They are getting fucked by this retard.

Hulky
10-13-2019, 04:11 PM
the miami go for 2 and a win and fail lol

Hugh
10-13-2019, 06:39 PM
I can’t believe they almost won a game against anyone, even Washington.

Hulky
10-13-2019, 07:13 PM
I can't believe Goff is getting over 100mil and couldn't put up 100 yards against the 49ers

bdog1321
10-13-2019, 08:07 PM
suicide watch

Hugh
10-13-2019, 10:05 PM
The Niners and Seahawks will be battling for the NFC West again, as it should be.
Congrats on the fast turnaround, TO.
Cowboys have a clear, unobstructed path to the playoffs with no legit team divisional opponent to contend with and they’re shitting the sheets. Unreal.
If Jason Garrett survives this I’ll be stunned.

bludhoundz
10-14-2019, 08:06 AM
Haha fuck the cowboys. I stand by Dak being league average and not deserving $30 mil per year. He goes back to being nobody without Amari Cooper. Zeke is the one who deserved to be paid and rightfully so.

I think Philly still has a chance to right the ship and fight for the division title, but I don't see them as a true contender -- Dallas is more talented.

Niners are definitely real, I think their main weakness is can they play catch up? They play good defense and have good ball control offense, but I don't think they're built to come from behind. Only time will tell on that one, I guess.

In another grab-bag note, I think the Chiefs are slightly broken. Ever since they lost Hunt last year, their run game has been much worse. The loss of balance means defenses can play them differently. Plus they can't stop the run, as Indy and Houston have proved in back-to-back weeks.

The One
10-14-2019, 01:26 PM
5-0 baby let’s go!! 49ers have finally turned a new leaf since Harbaugh’s departure. Lynch and Shanahan have all the pieces needed in place for a legitimate deep playoffs run. Kittle proving he’s an elite TE and Jimmy G doing his thing. The defense looks godly this year. Once the OLine gets Staley, McGlinchey, and Juice back, watch out.

Hugh, I have Monday 11/11 highlighted as one of the best matchups this season. Can’t fucking wait. :)

Achilles
10-14-2019, 02:47 PM
I get Lex's response to this being inappropriate, but I'm pretty sick of seeing you post comments like this. Please understand that bitching about your sports teams winning too often may not come across well, even if you legitimately don't like it.

It is kind of a dick slap to those of us who are actually passionate about football and our teams. I agree.
I mean I’m a big boy and I can take it, and it would be totally different if you were a Pats fan rubbing our noses in it because the Pats are the best and we can’t argue it. That’s what sports rivalry is all about.
But us knowing you don’t give a shit about football, and you knowing we do, and saying you’re sick of these championship parades fucking up your commute and telling the rest of us to get our shit together...Lol. Come on, Ach.

I'm a big boy too. Fair enough, point taken. I genuinely didn't mean anything by it, and it's sincerely annoying as fuck to me because I hate football. But I sincerely apologize if I was trying to be funny and read the room wrong, my bad (and I don't mean that sarcastically, I know it can be difficult to tell online without tone of voice). Thank you both for being cool about it.

It's just annoying as shit not being into sports at all and living here for the last 20 years. It's exhausting. I know most people would love it because it's historical but I'm so done with it. Especially when you travel within the US, you're like public enemy no. 1 as soon as you meet someone. I'll back off though, I do genuinely apologize. I didn't mean to rain on anyone's parade, I guess I wasn't as self aware of my own sense of humor as I should have been. My bad on that, seriously too, not being a back handed prick.

Achilles
10-14-2019, 03:00 PM
Also (and I sincerely mean this in jest, I'm just poking fun), it could have been waaaay worse. I could have been a HUGE sports fan and done nothing but endlessly talk shit across all four sports the last twentyish years or so. If anything you guys got off easy because I prefer Dungeons & Dragons, hahaha. It's why it drives me nuts, Boston people are annoying as fuck to begin with so spoon feeding them title after title is literally my worst nightmare realized.

But yes, enjoy your football season and I'll stop being a passive dick. Thank you for calling me out on it. If any of you come to Boston ever I'll bring you to a cool museum and not talk about the douchey Patriots.

Hugh
10-14-2019, 07:15 PM
Thanks, Ach. For the record it never bothered me enough to actually bring it up but it’s way easier to hear shit talk from a fan than from someone who admits he doesn’t care at all about it. That’s just me though.
To me, if you were a hardcore Pats fan in here saying “Fuck you losers! Pats are the best EVAAAAHHH!!!” every weekend I’d be like “Well, he’s right. Fuck em but he’s right. I’d be saying the same thing if my team won 6 Superbowls”
But when you’re like “If the Pats have another championship parade and I have to sit through this again, I swear to God! You guys better get your shit together because I can’t handle another Super Bowl.”
It’s like nails on a chalkboard. It’s worse than bragging. Way worse. But whatever. It’s all in fun. Thanks for taking it well.

The Cheat
10-14-2019, 07:42 PM
That’s the other thing about the Patriots incredible run of success. The AFC East is the shittiest division in the history of professional football.
It’s not just that the Dolphins, Jets and Bills have all been shitty for most of the last 20 years. None of them have even produced a franchise QB in the last 20 years. Not one worth mentioning anyway. Every year it’s Tom Brady versus a collection of hacks, bums and washed up retreads trying to give it one last go. And sure Tom is the best ever, but it hasn’t hurt that he’s been facing off against stooges his entire career.
Wonder how things may have been different if there was a consistently good franchise that the Pats were battling with for the division through the Brady/Belichick years. Maybe even a team with a real franchise QB. And not even a Rogers or Brees but like a Matt Ryan, Russell Wilson, Big Ben or Cam Newton. Just someone good instead of these scarecrows the rest of the AFC East keep putting under center every...single...season.
How can 3 teams in the same fucking division not find a good QB in 20 fucking years?? My god.

So. Much. This.

I have been saying this for years. Half their season feels like a bye because the rest of the division sucks.

If pats were in the NFC, are they still good as they are? I mean title wise.

Hugh
10-14-2019, 07:57 PM
No. No way. They haven’t had a legit division rival during Brady’s entire career. They basically have a ticket to the playoffs punched before the season starts every year, and usually a bye. And I’m not saying they aren’t great because they are, but the advantage of playing in the dumpster fire of the AFC East can’t be overstated.
If the Packers, Saints, Seahawks, Panthers, Falcons or any other solid franchise with a real franchise QB had been in the AFC East all this time with Brady, I don’t think the story is even close. They’d have rings but probably half as many.

The Cheat
10-14-2019, 08:21 PM
Hugh speaking the truth here.

I think that is one reason why the win in the playoffs so easily. They don't really have to try too hard during the regular season so they are more "fresh" than other teams.

Achilles
10-14-2019, 08:23 PM
Thanks, Ach. For the record it never bothered me enough to actually bring it up but it’s way easier to hear shit talk from a fan than from someone who admits he doesn’t care at all about it. That’s just me though.
To me, if you were a hardcore Pats fan in here saying “Fuck you losers! Pats are the best EVAAAAHHH!!!” every weekend I’d be like “Well, he’s right. Fuck em but he’s right. I’d be saying the same thing if my team won 6 Superbowls”
But when you’re like “If the Pats have another championship parade and I have to sit through this again, I swear to God! You guys better get your shit together because I can’t handle another Super Bowl.”
It’s like nails on a chalkboard. It’s worse than bragging. Way worse. But whatever. It’s all in fun. Thanks for taking it well.

That's actually kind of interesting to me because Boston fans are so hardcore.

I'm super interested honestly - is it because if I was a sports fan I'd have it made? Not just football, we've been dominant across all four sports but mostly football and baseball obviously. It bothers my dad immensely that I just let this all pass me by because he's a huge sports fan and I honestly couldn't give two shits about any of it. It's like a huge bummer to most of my family because through all the World Series, Superbowls, Stanley Cups, etc, I don't show up and just do my own thing.

I'm asking sincerely just because it pisses my family off so much. That's what I always figured but I guess I could be wrong.

Hulky
10-14-2019, 08:34 PM
Jets had a couple good years at the start of the Sanchez era, and Dolphins had one good one with Chad Pennington. Pretty fucking sad those would almost assuredly be the three best teams in the Brady era for a rival. Peyton Manning and Steelers/Ravens were the only AFC contenders in the era too.

If you are thinking surely someone else in the AFC in the Brady era... it's the Raiders... that's how long ago.

Lex
10-14-2019, 08:55 PM
No. No way. They haven’t had a legit division rival during Brady’s entire career. They basically have a ticket to the playoffs punched before the season starts every year, and usually a bye. And I’m not saying they aren’t great because they are, but the advantage of playing in the dumpster fire of the AFC East can’t be overstated.
If the Packers, Saints, Seahawks, Panthers, Falcons or any other solid franchise with a real franchise QB had been in the AFC East all this time with Brady, I don’t think the story is even close. They’d have rings but probably half as many.

I still think overall, the AFC south has been just as bad, if not worse.

Hugh
10-14-2019, 09:37 PM
Ach, are you asking why it bothers your family that something they all love, connect over and share together is something you don’t a give a shit about? Well, maybe they want to share it with you too?

Achilles
10-14-2019, 09:50 PM
Ach, are you asking why it bothers your family that something they all love, connect over and share together is something you don’t a give a shit about? Well, maybe they want to share it with you too?

I don't think so? I think I'm asking that if it's annoying that if I were a sports fan I'd be spoiled as fuck the last two decades and if that's annoying. Like I'm guessing if you were from here and were a Boston fan across all four sports you'd be pumped. I think that's what pisses people off. Because like I said, if I were a sports fan I could talk endless shit so I'm (genuinely) asking if it's annoying that I have zero appreciation for what's happened here since around 2000.

Hugh
10-14-2019, 09:57 PM
Again, it’s something other people are passionate about. If you want people to respect the fact that you don’t care about it, you need to respect the fact that they do. It’s that simple.

Achilles
10-14-2019, 10:26 PM
That makes sense. Thank you for being cool about it Hugh. I feel kind of dumb for not being more self aware about it. I appreciate you not being a dick. I apologize if I was annoying.

Hugh
10-14-2019, 10:49 PM
Any time, Ach, and don’t sweat it. We can just be honest with each other about shit like this, which is pretty cool.

Hugh
10-14-2019, 10:52 PM
I still think overall, the AFC south has been just as bad, if not worse.

That’s a good point and you might be right. At least the South has produced a couple of franchise QBs besides Manning in Indy over the last 2 decades. Not many but a couple.
That’s more than none.

Hulky
10-15-2019, 11:05 AM
https://scontent-sjc3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/72469099_10156165049056511_7228523709714137088_n.j pg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_eui2=AeFewkONw3pAmRlVDqxxl_jHIBjMiT0kix4IXCXgV PHYcVlRvKZnJElLobiHkk2OzVehEuXe6YbIfY5UmmAKa8e3mcl CyI1Co4T1crJdiFwauA&_nc_oc=AQnzkxVoJKMULcuIyjayHWcxlFJ3gK8HP-muTVXPyWXwXhqGyTBNsRY56NrGcV1qHVI&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.xx&oh=a7ee3b028a1cc015a7b8fdb63a67d53a&oe=5E1E7F1E

Hulky
10-15-2019, 11:07 AM
OOOOO

This recent string of posts has made me wanna do a big ass post to find out teams kinda All Star team during the Brady era. So like you might have a 2001 RB, but a 2018 QB or whatever. Just to see how insane some teams would be and how trash some teams still would be.

Hulky
10-15-2019, 11:07 AM
OOOOO

This recent string of posts has made me wanna do a big ass post to find out teams kinda All Star team during the Brady era. So like you might have a 2001 RB, but a 2018 QB or whatever. Just to see how insane some teams would be and how trash some teams still would be.

Hulky
10-15-2019, 12:18 PM
Houston Texans
QB: Deshaun Watson
RB: Arian Foster
FB: Vonta Leach
WR: Andre Johnson
WR: DeAndre Hopkins
Slot: Will Fuller
TE: Owen Daniels
LT: Laremy Tunsil
LG: Chris Meyers
C: Steve McKinney
RG: Chester Pitts
RT: Duane Brown

DE: Mario Williams
NT: Vince Wilfork
DT: JJ Watt
DE: Jadaveon Clowney, Connor Barwin
LB: Whitney Merilus
LB: Demeco Ryans
LB: Brian Cushing
CB: Jonathan Joseph, Kareem Johnson
CB:AJ Bouye, Dunta Robinson
S: Glover Quin
S: Tyrann Mathieu

Colts
QB: Peyton Manning
RB: Edgerin James
WR: Marvin Harrison
WR: Reggie Wayne
WR: TY Hilton
TE: Dallas Clark
LT: Tarik Glenn
LG: Quenton Nelson
C: Jeff Saturday
RG: Ryan Diem
RT: Anthony Castonzo

DE: Dwight Freeney
DT: ???
DT: ???
DE: Robert Mathis
LB: Dqwell Jackson
LB: Darrius Leonard
LB: Cato June
CB: Vontae Davis
CB: Kelvin Hayden
S: Antoine Bethea
S: Bob Sanders

Jaguars
QB: Mark Brunell
RB: Fred Taylor, Maurice Jones-Drew
WR: Jimmy Smith
WR: Keenan McCardell
WR: Allen Robinson
TE: Mercedes Lewis
LT: Tony Boselli
LG: Maurice Williams
C: Brad Meester
RG: Uche Nwaneri
RT: Eugene Monroe

DE: Calais Campbell
DT: John Henderson
DT: Marcus Stroud
DE: Yannick Ngakoue
LB: Daryl Smith
LB: Paul Posluszny
LB: Myles Jack
CB: Jalen Ramsey
CB: Rashaen Mathis
CB: AJ Bouye
S: Reggie Nelson
S: Tashaun Gibson

Titans
QB: Steve McNair
RB: Eddie George, Chris Johnson
WR: Derrick Mason
WR: ???
TE: Delanie Walker
LT: Taylor Lewan
LG: Rodger Saffold
C: Kevin Mawae
RG:Benji Olson
RT: Michael Roos

DE: Jevon Kearse
DT: Jurrell Casey
DT: Albert Haynesworth
DE: Kyle Vanden Bosch
LB: Keith Bullock
LB: Stephen Tulloch
LB: Rashaan Evans
CB: Samari Rolle
CB: Courtland Finnegan
CB: Jason McCourty
S: Kevin Byard
S: Michael Griffin

If I'd have seen this and only this I'd have guess the Texans were the best team closely followed by the Colts with the Jaguars and Titans significantly behind the other two.

The Cheat
10-15-2019, 07:51 PM
If Oakland wins the "tuck rule" game, how does NFL history change?

Hugh
10-15-2019, 08:12 PM
Rams trade Marcus Peters, a 26 year old all pro corner, then trade 2 first round picks and a 4th for Jalen Ramsey, a 24 year old all pro corner in the last year of his rookie deal.
Alrighty then...

Hulky
10-15-2019, 09:30 PM
it's because Marcus Peters is a massive liability in man coverage, and that's Ramsey's strength. They wanna run man.

also Peters is crazy. Shoulda gotten more than a 5th for him though

Hugh
10-15-2019, 10:07 PM
Doesn’t mean shit coming from me but I think it’s a bad move, now and for the future.

Hugh
10-15-2019, 10:27 PM
Also, NFL refs are fucking garbage and ruining the game. I’ll say it again, they are the worst and most inept professionals that’s exist in any field. We have the technology to get this shit right most of the time.
Fix this shit, Goodell, you fucking retarded meat puppet. Fix it.

Achilles
10-15-2019, 11:22 PM

Thank you Hugh. This made me question if my asperger diagnosis to the point that I scheduled an appointment with my doctor. I appreciate you being honest without being an asshole. I don't get this stuff and always thought I was under-diagnosed and basic social situations are deeply confusing to me. This was actually really eye opening to hear. Sorry again if I came across as a jerk, I'm genuinely terrible at this stuff at the most fundamental level.

Hugh
10-15-2019, 11:38 PM
I’ve kind of suspected that for a long time man and it’s okay.
I obviously don’t know your family or any of the friends you say you don’t talk to anymore, but my guess is that they probably care about you and would like to find a way to reconnect with you somehow. Maybe you don’t want that, or maybe you have absolutely no fucking idea how to do it, but maybe it’s worth trying to figure out.

bludhoundz
10-16-2019, 07:27 AM
Doesn’t mean shit coming from me but I think it’s a bad move, now and for the future.

I think it's a terrible move for the future. I'm not sure it's so awful for now, but I do question the timing of it. Mostly just glad Ramsey didn't go to Philly.

Marcus Peters was only All-Pro in a zone scheme where he could sit back and watch the QB and try to jump routes. You'll see it sometimes when he makes big plays (he's made a few this year). But he also gets absolutely torched a lot because he likes to jump routes. So he's pretty much a boom-or-bust proposition - he's gonna give up long ass TDs but he's also gonna give you some takeaways. Jalen Ramsey on the other hand is rarely going to give up any TDs but is still going to make plays and take the ball away. Personally I don't think Peters is a top 10 CB overall in this league while Ramsey is probably top 3 or 4.

That said... definitely an awful move for the future. Rams were already in win-now mode, and it's even more evident now. But I'm not sure it's the right move when you're 3-3 and the offense looks broken because the O Line can't block and your former All Star running back can't play, which is now exposing your middling QB

Good move for the Jaguars though. Dump your disgruntled star for several high picks. If the Rams continue to be mediocre, those picks will actually be pretty decent too, unlike late 1st rounders which are often more just like 2nd rounders.

The Cheat
10-17-2019, 09:15 PM
Also, NFL refs are fucking garbage and ruining the game. I’ll say it again, they are the worst and most inept professionals that’s exist in any field. We have the technology to get this shit right most of the time.
Fix this shit, Goodell, you fucking retarded meat puppet. Fix it.

https://deadspin.com/why-nfl-officiating-is-such-a-shitshow-right-now-1839105323

Da Gyps
10-18-2019, 12:38 PM
Fuck everything.

Hulky
10-18-2019, 04:44 PM
I wonder if Mahomes is out long enough that the Raiders in some extreme long shot have a real shot at winning the AFC west this year

The Cheat
10-18-2019, 07:27 PM
Mahomes will be out three weeks.

I wonder who was on the cover of Madden this year....and who was on it last year...

Hugh
10-20-2019, 04:15 PM
My god Rogers lit up the Raiders today. Ouch.
Vikings are finally opening up the offense. Took them long enough. You don’t pay Cousins that kind of money to hand the ball off every play.
Colts seem fine without Luck. The league has already forgotten him.
Dolphins are still the shittiest of the shitty but there are some really shitty teams I did not expect to be this shitty. Like the Falcons and Bengals. Wow are they bad.

Hugh
10-20-2019, 09:47 PM
Crap

The Cheat
10-21-2019, 08:07 PM
I didn't expect that Ravens win Hugh.

Hugh
10-21-2019, 09:02 PM
Me neither.
Don’t think Lamar Jackson will last playing this way but for now he’s really hard to stop.

The Cheat
10-22-2019, 07:54 PM
Can the jets just be kicked out of the league now?

Da Gyps
10-22-2019, 11:03 PM
Can the jets just be kicked out of the league now?

They can take the Dolphins and Bills with them.

The Cheat
10-23-2019, 07:48 PM
I mean they might as well. Pats get easy wins from them anyways so just save some time and not play them.

Hugh
10-27-2019, 07:16 PM
Seahawks have put together the ugliest 6-2 record I can remember. I mean Russ is playing MVP level no doubt. The offense looks good. But we find a way to make it ugly even when we have a 1-6 Atlanta team, playing without Matt Ryan for the first time in 10 years, down 24-0 at half. We let Matt where the fuck has he been the last 5 year Shaub come all the way back and make it a nail biter. I don’t get it.

Hulky
10-27-2019, 11:39 PM
I lol'd because I know where he's been the last 5 years. Was with the Raiders 5 years ago, then the Ravens then 3 years as Ryan's backup. Lol'd because of how fucking worthless some of my football knowledge is but then I don't know some actually relevant shit.

bludhoundz
10-28-2019, 08:05 AM
I remember he was actually an ok level starter until one year he threw a pick 6 in like 3 or 4 games in a row and then the league decided ok this guy's a backup

And he is, but a pretty decent one

The Cheat
10-28-2019, 07:35 PM
lol Cincy.

Bet Mantis is going nuts. Good.

KBHoleN1
10-28-2019, 11:05 PM
lol Cincy.

Bet Mantis is going nuts. Good.

Man ... I did not realize they were 0-8. What has happened to them? Week 1 they nearly beat the Seahawks in Seattle, how do they not have a win?

Also, lol Dolphins. They looked like they might do something special tonight, but they have 0 points since the 1st quarter and have given up 24 straight. Allowed a touchdown at the end of the half on a 3rd and 20 because they decided to rush everyone and leave the middle of the field so wide open I could have picked up the 1st down. Their 2nd half possessions are INT, DOWNS, FUMBLE, 56 yards gained.

Hulky
10-28-2019, 11:15 PM
Man ... I did not realize they were 0-8. What has happened to them? Week 1 they nearly beat the Seahawks in Seattle, how do they not have a win?

Also, lol Dolphins. They looked like they might do something special tonight, but they have 0 points since the 1st quarter and have given up 24 straight. Allowed a touchdown at the end of the half on a 3rd and 20 because they decided to rush everyone and leave the middle of the field so wide open I could have picked up the 1st down. Their 2nd half possessions are INT, DOWNS, FUMBLE, 56 yards gained.

uh... look at Joe Mixon's stats for a fast and easy way to see what's wrong with the Bengals lol.
W1: 6 rushes 10 yards
W2: 11 rushes 17 yards
W3: 15 rushes 60 yards
W4: 15 rushes 62 yards
W5: 19 rushes 93 yards (this was a narrow loss to the bad Cardinals)
W6: 8 rushes 10 yards
W7: 10 rushes 2 yards
W8: 17 rushes 66 yards

minus the Cardinals game he averages 2.8 ypc, their line is poop

Da Gyps
10-29-2019, 06:24 PM
Bengals Dolphins game of the year.

The Cheat
10-29-2019, 07:22 PM
Bengals Dolphins game of the year.

Wait do they actually play each other?

Andy Dalton got benched for the next game lol.

Hulky
10-29-2019, 08:11 PM
What the Rams did to Aqib is dirty and shouldn't be allowed imo

Dude is on IR so they sent him and a 5th round pick to the Dolphins for something like a future 7th or whatever. Like the dude is hurt eat his salary like you are suppose to don't pay the shitty ass tanking Dolphins to eat his salary. He probably wont even ever play a snap for the Dolphins too it's just like a blemish on his pretty fucking good career. Now people in the future will look and be like oh lol he had success but look he was on that all time shitty Dolphins team when he really wasn't.

Da Gyps
10-29-2019, 09:42 PM
Wait do they actually play each other?

Andy Dalton got benched for the next game lol.

Yeah on December 22nd Christmas comes early.

The Cheat
10-30-2019, 04:55 PM
Yeah on December 22nd Christmas comes early.

Holy fucking shit. Can't wait.

Hulky
10-31-2019, 09:45 PM
https://twitter.com/RaiderCody/status/1189981887529275393?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5 Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1189981887529275393&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums.footballsfuture.com%2 Findex.php%3Fapp%3Dcore%26module%3Dsystem%26contro ller%3Dembed%26url%3Dhttps%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2FR aiderCody%2Fstatus%2F1189981887529275393

Hugh
10-31-2019, 11:30 PM
Well it was an exciting game.
I’m really looking forward to Seahawks/Niners.

Hulky
11-01-2019, 01:16 AM

Just looked up prices for the Veterans day game and row one on the Seahawks side is available $1800 lol

49ers side $388, which I'm kinda considering.

edit: nvm it's only one ticket which is why it's cheap gotta bring someone

The Cheat
11-01-2019, 12:21 PM

Seattle gonna win :(

Da Gyps
11-01-2019, 07:00 PM
I hope Seattle wins.

The Cheat
11-02-2019, 06:41 PM
I hope Seattle wins.

One should never say that.

Hugh
11-02-2019, 06:56 PM
What?? You said they were gonna win too!

The Cheat
11-02-2019, 07:20 PM
What?? You said they were gonna win too!

Just because i said they are going to win, doesn't mean I want them to win.

Hugh
11-02-2019, 10:10 PM
Inside the NFL is officially unwatchable now. Phil Simms, Ray Lewis and Brandon Marshall?? Jesus. I can’t even get through the intro anymore. Ray Lewis is always talking about something his grandpa told him when he was 8. Phil Simms has always been a retard. Brandon Marshall is a total clown. He’s like black Carrot Top. He refuses to make a direct point or answer a direct question. This is a weekly NFL recap where they show highlights and talk about upcoming games, or used to be.
I don’t know how it’s still on.

Gryph
11-02-2019, 10:28 PM
Inside the NFL is officially unwatchable now. Phil Simms, Ray Lewis and Brandon Marshall?? Jesus. I can’t even get through the intro anymore. Ray Lewis is always talking about something his grandpa told him when he was 8. Phil Simms has always been a retard. Brandon Marshall is a total clown. He’s like black Carrot Top. He refuses to make a direct point or answer a direct question. This is a weekly NFL recap where they show highlights and talk about upcoming games, or used to be.

https://www.youtube.com/user/sbnation

You're welcome, they are the real sport journalists of the world now.

Achilles
11-03-2019, 09:17 AM

There's a huge running joke here about Rob Gronkowski taking a commentator role. He's famously known as a cave man like idiot here who just happened to be good at football, so it's hilarious to us that he took that job. He would regularly use tape and put 69 on his practice jersey because he thought it was funny. I think he has like one brain cell and it's amazing to me he has a job in TV.

Hugh
11-03-2019, 10:15 AM
Yeah it’s funny because you’re right. Gronkowski as an analyst is a joke. But people do love Gronk and he has a great personality and he’s actually good on tv compared to a lot of athletes you see. I’ve watched him a little since he started and he doesn’t seem at all nervous or struggle for what to say. He’s always been funny in commercials and shit.
But no he’s no analyst. He’s not Tony Romo. Maybe he’ll be good at interviewing players and stuff. They’d probably open up to him. Who knows what he’ll do but if you’re Gronk you can basically do whatever you want.

Achilles
11-03-2019, 10:23 AM
Tell me if I'm wrong... he would rule in the next Expendables movie. He's perfect for it. He's a big dumb idiot and he would thrive amongst a ton of old school action stars.

Achilles
11-03-2019, 10:31 AM
Yeah it’s funny because you’re right. Gronkowski as an analyst is a joke. But people do love Gronk and he has a great personality and he’s actually good on tv compared to a lot of athletes you see. I’ve watched him a little since he started and he doesn’t seem at all nervous or struggle for what to say. He’s always been funny in commercials and shit.
But no he’s no analyst. He’s not Tony Romo. Maybe he’ll be good at interviewing players and stuff. They’d probably open up to him. Who knows what he’ll do but if you’re Gronk you can basically do whatever you want.

He'd be like the perfect soldier if you were a dictator. Like some super athletic guy that can't even cook macaroni and cheese by himself or do basic math, but is highly athletic. You just give him a gun and tell his big stupid cave man brain what to do.

Hugh
11-03-2019, 11:56 AM
Tell me if I'm wrong... he would rule in the next Expendables movie. He's perfect for it. He's a big dumb idiot and he would thrive amongst a ton of old school action stars.

Definitely. Like I said, whatever he wants. He might be good in one of those cheesy CBS sitcoms or WWE or yeah even action comedies.

Hulky
11-03-2019, 02:32 PM
I don't think Gronk is stupid at all. Read the SI article about him Rob Gronkowski, Football Mastermind. Also, like Marshawn Lynch, he lived off endorsements and saved all his NFL money.

Hugh
11-03-2019, 02:43 PM
I agree I don’t think he’s stupid either. He’s a big goof but he’s not actually dumb.

Hugh
11-03-2019, 03:43 PM
Watching Mason Rudolph vs Brian Hoyer...
And people wonder why the NFL is going overboard to protect quarterbacks.

Hulky
11-03-2019, 03:46 PM
Im watching that game too lol
Also looks like Dolphins might beat the Jets :o

Hulky
11-03-2019, 03:50 PM
Also what the fuck is with the Bears

few minutes into the 3rd

Passing
Mitch 6/12 23 yards (4 of the 6 went to RBs)

Rushing
Mitch 1 carry 7 yards
Montgomery 3 carries 1 yard

Isn't the Philly passing defense one of the more yardage prone defensives this year? What the hell.

Hulky
11-03-2019, 06:15 PM
Big time Congrats to the Dolphins for blowing the 1st overall pick potentially.

Gryph
11-04-2019, 09:57 AM
Big time Congrats to the Dolphins for blowing the 1st overall pick potentially.

Nah, Jets will take another DT that'll suck dick again so the Fins can still get T'ua lol.

Hugh
11-04-2019, 12:03 PM
Jets are the worst drafting team in NFL history. That’s why Darnold is doomed.
Cleveland should have taken him.

Achilles
11-04-2019, 01:22 PM
Watching Mason Rudolph vs Brian Hoyer...
And people wonder why the NFL is going overboard to protect quarterbacks.

Just out of curiosity, how do you feel about the argument that the NFL might be better off if they eliminated pads?

The only team sport I've ever played is rugby. I honestly think rugby at times can be more brutal than American football. The thing is, you don't see the same massive, life changing injuries in rugby because like you would never run at someone full speed and just go bone on bone with them. I've read quite a few things, specifically when I was in medic school because there were a few high profile CTE suicides.

It would obviously drastically change the game. Nobody could argue that. I'm just asking if you think American football could survive without pads. I know this will never happen in a million years, the NFL is a cash cow and there's no way they'd ever do this. I just think it's an interesting question. The data is there relative to rugby, hurling, Irish/Australian rules football, etc. Physical sports without pads are objectively safer because people are way more reserved when they throw their body at someone.

It was the same with fighting. I'd take a fucking beating in sparring matches when I had headgear on and foot pads, but I was basically walking on egg shells in actual competitive fights.

Gryph
11-04-2019, 01:33 PM
Jets are the worst drafting team in NFL history. That’s why Darnold is doomed.
Cleveland should have taken him.

Nothing would ever beat the Idzik 11. Stockpiles 11 picks in the worst draft class in the past 20 seasons, picks 11 players, who within 3 years, were either all cut/released or traded for garbage.

It's pretty insane, how thin the line is from Dynasty building teams and a complete and utter collapse. Literally one bad decision that can be viewed as minor sends such a massive ripple effect that can destroy an entire team.

Hugh
11-04-2019, 08:31 PM
Just out of curiosity, how do you feel about the argument that the NFL might be better off if they eliminated pads?

The only team sport I've ever played is rugby. I honestly think rugby at times can be more brutal than American football. The thing is, you don't see the same massive, life changing injuries in rugby because like you would never run at someone full speed and just go bone on bone with them. I've read quite a few things, specifically when I was in medic school because there were a few high profile CTE suicides.

It would obviously drastically change the game. Nobody could argue that. I'm just asking if you think American football could survive without pads. I know this will never happen in a million years, the NFL is a cash cow and there's no way they'd ever do this. I just think it's an interesting question. The data is there relative to rugby, hurling, Irish/Australian rules football, etc. Physical sports without pads are objectively safer because people are way more reserved when they throw their body at someone.

It was the same with fighting. I'd take a fucking beating in sparring matches when I had headgear on and foot pads, but I was basically walking on egg shells in actual competitive fights.

I’ve never heard the argument to remove all pads in American football. Not seriously anyway. American football isn’t rugby nor should it try to be. Rugby already exists everywhere. Nobody wants rugby 2.0. There are things they can do and try to make football safer and lower the risk of serious injury without completely changing the game, and that’s happening and will continue to happen, but there are all kinds of extremely dangerous activities and professions that aren’t in the same discussion as American football for some reason. Snowboarders, skiers, motocross, race car driving, cycling, hockey, gymnastics. Most people devoted enough to get to the Olympics have broken more bones and had more concussions than most NFL players. Some of these winter sports athletes get concussed more than boxers.
But these people and sports are praised. And what about occupation? Is pipe fitting dangerous? Power line work? Commercial fishing? Steel working? Police and firefighting? How about joining the military? None of those people get paid millions of dollars a year. Lots of shit is dangerous. Cage fighting is on the rise. It’s everywhere. Boxing is making a huge comeback.
So as long as American football and especially the NFL continues to bring awareness to the obvious dangers and works to improve gear and implement sensible changes and rules to decrease risk of serious injury, people should stop singling it out and demonizing it. I think it’s the greatest team sport ever invented and a dream that young people in pockets all over the country or even the world have and should be able to chase.
To me, these guys that try to climb Everest every year and die and leave their families alone for no reason other than personal...whatever, I don’t know. People praise their bravery and call them heroes. They make movies about them. A lot of these NFL players come from nothing and make money that changes their families forever. Yes it’s dangerous. So what?

The Cheat
11-04-2019, 08:50 PM
Ravens kicked the Pats ass last night! You know what that means?!?

It means Pats will beat them in the playoffs by like 14.

Achilles
11-04-2019, 11:43 PM
That was a fantastic response Hugh. I'm picking my girlfriend up at the airport and am in a mad dash to play hide the pickle. I promise it will get a proper response.

Hugh
11-04-2019, 11:51 PM
Sounds good. I guess I never really answered your direct question directly, so my answer is no. I do not think the NFL will be better off if they eliminated pads. If NASCAR drivers raced riding lawn mowers they would be safer, but not better off.
Same thing to me.

Hugh
11-05-2019, 11:19 AM
I appreciate the passion, and the fact that he was probably so shitfaced he won’t remember, but damn.
Get a grip, man! He’d never make it as a Mariners fan.

KBHoleN1
11-05-2019, 11:19 AM
I get really excited about sports, and I get bummed out when my team loses. But I don't think I've ever cried over a sporting event, even as a child. That has to be the alcohol crying, right?

Hugh
11-05-2019, 11:43 AM
Yes. I was near tears of joy when the Seahawks won the Super Bowl, and close to tears of rage when they lost it the next year, but I never actually shed tears. And honestly I wasn’t that close. Just very happy and very frustrated. But those were both the damn Superbowls!!
This game yesterday didn’t mean shit really. Yes, he was blind drunk I hope. Otherwise he’s going to have a hard time dealing with life.

Hulky
11-05-2019, 12:19 PM
with a large enough bet and enough bs I could cry

The Cheat
11-05-2019, 07:58 PM
I just feel rage over a loss, not sadness.

Gryph
11-05-2019, 10:07 PM
with a large enough bet and enough bs I could cry

^

I cried twice over sports.

1 - On purpose safety in Niners' - Ravens SB, costing me exact score call 100% everything correct, losing 8.6k, and instead walking away with around 900$

2 - Tracy Porter returning the TD 76 yards instead of just stopping so the Saints could take a knee, also costing me around 6k.

I've never bet on anything ever again, nor ever will.

bludhoundz
11-06-2019, 10:27 AM
I haven't cried over sports either but one time I got really depressed, more than other times. The game when the Giants were beating the Eagles 31-10 with about 8 minutes left in the game and we ended up losing to the walk off punt return by Desean Jackson. I went to bed at 9pm that night

Hulky
11-06-2019, 02:07 PM
Dwayne Bowe is a rapper now and his name is MoneyBo

The Cheat
11-07-2019, 08:51 PM
So we all agree the Pats have no fans outside of New England yes?

Hulky
11-07-2019, 09:47 PM

Bandwagoners count as fans? the success has bandwagon fans all over.

The Cheat
11-07-2019, 11:44 PM
Bandwagoners count as fans? the success has bandwagon fans all over.

People who do that need to go to hell and don't count.

Hugh
11-08-2019, 12:05 AM

Lots of people who have never set foot in New England are Patriots fans. I call them The Brady Bunch. They started rooting for them when the Patriots started winning. Only because they started winning. Not before, and definitely not if they go back to just a normal team again( when Belichick and Brady are gone). Another type of scumbag likes the Patriots because they have an unusual number of white position players and have for a while. White RBs like Whitehead and Burkhead, and lots of white recievers over the years. Edelman, Amendola, Welker, Hogan, Gronk.
Closet racists like them for that reason too, whether they admit it or not.
They are spineless, gutless worms with no souls.

None of this applies to actual Patriot fans who are simply rooting for their home team like the rest of us. They’re just living the dream we all ( sports fans) dream of.

KBHoleN1
11-08-2019, 12:09 AM
Raiders fan was holding a sign that said "I missed my court date for this game."

Never change, Oakland. Never change.

Hulky
11-08-2019, 12:36 AM
Fucking awesome game. Just beat the Chargers and Im happy with the season.

KBHoleN1
11-08-2019, 12:44 AM
I'm not sure I've ever heard Derek Carr speak before. How does he have that accent? He grew up in Cali, moved to Texas for like 4 years when David was drafter by the Texans, then back to Cali for his senior year. How does he have such a twangy southern accent? he almost sounds like Favre from freaking Mississippi. Does 4 years of Texas give you that, or is Bakersfield some weird place with lots of Deep South folks?

Hulky
11-08-2019, 12:49 AM
Bakersfield is southern ish, its def farm culture/Christianity vibes that a lot of the South has. It's kinda like the big city of the central valley which is a huge farming area. There is a mountain range separating from LA and "SoCal" and the Bay Area is insulated by large hills. So like Stockton to Bakersfield is central valley, then Sacramento north is another area.

Hugh
11-09-2019, 02:30 AM
Troy Aikman was a mediocre QB and a shitty color commentator and he looks like an Sith Lord who just smoked a bowl at all times.
And he’s a national treasure who wins everything he does.
Selling your soul is real.

Hugh
11-10-2019, 12:29 PM
Absolutely agree with the Bengals benching Andy Dalton. It’s not that Dalton can’t play, but they need to move on. Start over with a new QB. They’ve tried it with Dalton long enough. He probably needs a fresh start too.

bdog1321
11-10-2019, 08:35 PM
Troy Aikman was a mediocre QB and a shitty color commentator and he looks like an Sith Lord who just smoked a bowl at all times.
And he’s a national treasure who wins everything he does.
Selling your soul is real.

he was no tony romo

Achilles
11-11-2019, 02:22 PM
I’ve never heard the argument to remove all pads in American football. Not seriously anyway. American football isn’t rugby nor should it try to be. Rugby already exists everywhere. Nobody wants rugby 2.0. There are things they can do and try to make football safer and lower the risk of serious injury without completely changing the game, and that’s happening and will continue to happen, but there are all kinds of extremely dangerous activities and professions that aren’t in the same discussion as American football for some reason. Snowboarders, skiers, motocross, race car driving, cycling, hockey, gymnastics. Most people devoted enough to get to the Olympics have broken more bones and had more concussions than most NFL players. Some of these winter sports athletes get concussed more than boxers.
But these people and sports are praised. And what about occupation? Is pipe fitting dangerous? Power line work? Commercial fishing? Steel working? Police and firefighting? How about joining the military? None of those people get paid millions of dollars a year. Lots of shit is dangerous. Cage fighting is on the rise. It’s everywhere. Boxing is making a huge comeback.
So as long as American football and especially the NFL continues to bring awareness to the obvious dangers and works to improve gear and implement sensible changes and rules to decrease risk of serious injury, people should stop singling it out and demonizing it. I think it’s the greatest team sport ever invented and a dream that young people in pockets all over the country or even the world have and should be able to chase.
To me, these guys that try to climb Everest every year and die and leave their families alone for no reason other than personal...whatever, I don’t know. People praise their bravery and call them heroes. They make movies about them. A lot of these NFL players come from nothing and make money that changes their families forever. Yes it’s dangerous. So what?

Hey, sorry, meant to get back to this but just forgot.

So I'm with you on the "so what?" part. I totally agree with that. In my opinion they shouldn't be so obsessed with the injuries in football. I know you know I don't like football but I'm a fighter, it's the same thing with that. It's fighting. It's supposed to be violent. Don't get into MMA or football if you don't want injuries, you're a grown ass man, and you know exactly what you're signing up for. Nobody is making you do it. I fought professionally from 18 to 25. At no point was I like "this is unfair it's not safe." I was choosing to step into a cage or ring with people I know are capable of killing me. Same with putting on football pads and choosing to step onto a field with other dudes that are so athletic and big they're going to hit you like a mac truck. You know what you're signing up for, you know you can very likely get brain damage. It'd be no different than going into the military and being like "this isn't safe we need to figure this out better."

So what I'm asking is in a vacuum. I know this will never happen, nor do I care if it does or expect it to. It won't ever happen, we both know that. It's just an interesting question.

You said you've never heard this posed before, but it's been a big topic of discussion. With all of the CTE stuff and head injuries, tons of medical personnel have suggested going the rugby route and eliminated pads. They've been pouring money into developing safer helmets in the NFL because the brain injury rate is so high. I actually was in medic school with Junior Seau killed himself and asked for his brain to be donated to science, so we talked about it a lot (I know tons of about CTE too if any of you want me to explain it in depth and what it is exactly).

The argument is that if you eliminated pads, the players would be more reserved and not hit each other as hard. Which is why rugby has less traumatic injury. You and I could put on pads and run at each other as hard as possible over and over. If you and I ran at each other as hard as we could without pads we'd be insanely injured. Which is just a fact. So there's been doctors involved with the CTE research that have proposed the best thing you could do is eliminate pads and go the way of hurling, Irish Rules Football, rugby, etc.

I don't think this should happen, or that there's even a remote possibility it would ever happen, nor do I want it to happen. Like I said, they're grown ass men that are signing up for this. All I'm saying is, I think those doctors are right. If you wanted to make football safer eliminating pads probably would be the best way to do it. A really good similarity is how boxing has way more brain injury and WAY more deaths than MMA. Like WAAAAY more deaths than MMA. They have huge padded gloves, and because of that, there's not nearly as much clean knockouts. So they just bludgeon each other over and over and they take way more trauma. Whereas if they weren't wearing huge gloves they'd knock each other out instead of hitting each other in the head recklessly over and over.

Just an interesting topic I suppose. It would obviously massively change the game, probably to the point that it would be unrecognizable. And like I said, I don't think they ever would even consider doing it. I'm asking from a medical standpoint, to me it makes sense and probably would make the game safer.

Hugh
11-11-2019, 05:14 PM
If you look at rugby as a comp, then sure. Removing pads from football would decrease trautic brain injury and major injuries. But a huge part of football, especially now, is the passing game. Football is not played solely in the trenches, like it used to be, and like rugby mostly is. Quarterbacks regularly throw for 300 or 400 yards a game now. It’s common. I don’t know what removing pads and helmets would do to those inevitable collisions that occur when multiple people are you going for the football on deep or over the middle passes. I don’t know how it would effect kick and punt returns either but if they were going to remove pads in an effort to make football safer then I’m sure kick returns would be eliminated also.
It would need to stay American football, not rugby 2.0. Americans don’t care about rugby. I think the data is in on that. I’m sure players would adjust to no pads and helmets and make the necessary changes if the league was committed, and eventually there would a game with more superficial injuries, bumps and bruises and black eyes, but fewer traumatic and long term injuries.
Having said ALL of that, no. I don not think that blueprint or plan would work or be successful. I don’t think the money or interest would be there to do it. Not saying nobody would watch ( there’s someone who will watch anything ) but the NFL would not “survive” it in my opinion.
At the end of the day, if NASCAR drivers raced riding lawnmowers, then NASCAR would be safer. No question. But it would not be better.

Achilles
11-11-2019, 06:29 PM
Those are a lot of awesome points Hugh. Points I admittedly didn't consider. Like I said, my question is more from a medical standpoint than a football standpoint.

The thing that's super interesting about football, and this is coming from someone who isn't a football fan, is how much the game evolves regularly. I don't think it's unfair to say the passing game today is nothing like how football was played even twenty years ago. The running game was much more prolific in the eighties (and correct me if I'm wrong). The only personal comparison I can draw is fighting, again. And I know you love fighting. If you watch early UFC it's nothing like it is now. It evolves as athletes find out better ways to do things and rules change.

Again I'm not approaching this topic from a fan stance, it's simply from an objective medical stance. I think you get what I'm saying though. Boxing would likely be safer if they could wear smaller gloves and knock each other out quicker. Which will never happen. The NFL would likely be safer if they could eliminate pads and force the players to think more about what they're doing.

Hugh
11-11-2019, 07:55 PM
Oh definitely. I’d say the evolution of football in the last 20 is just as dramatic as MMA, and I can’t think of another sport even in the conversation. It’s totally different.
If you look at the top 20 all time passing yards in a season, 19 of them have happened since 2011. Dan Marino somehow passed for 5,000 yards in 1984 but nobody did it again for almost 30 years. 2 QBs did it last year, and a 3rd was less than 100 yards short.
So yeah, football isn’t the clawing and scratching for every inch game it once was, and what I think rugby still largely is. I know rugby has evolved too but doesn’t have the air attack stuff that the NFL has pretty much built their whole model around now. Running backs used to be the stars of the league and not that long ago. Not anymore.
And yes I do get whet you’re saying. If they actually took all pads and helmets out of football but continued to play, the game and players would adjust and ultimately it would be safer and there would be fewer traumatic injuries I’m sure.
And the league would probably have like 6 teams and they’d show the games at 10pm on Tuesday nights after reruns of Walker Texas Ranger. :)

The Cheat
11-11-2019, 08:20 PM
Lots of upsets yesterday which is quite odd.

Hugh
11-12-2019, 12:49 AM
It’s literally like the Seahawks don’t want to win the game. Could have sealed it like 4 times. Absolutely absurd.
Great game though.

Hugh
11-12-2019, 01:07 AM
I can’t believe that game, TO. Most painful game I’ve watched in a long time.
Until the end.:)
Go Hawks!!

Hulky
11-12-2019, 01:59 AM
Insanely poor kick at the end, but props to that kicker for the late lead, then late tie kicks from ~45 out to get to OT in the first place. When Russ threw that OT INT I thought it was going to the house, then that poor kick. Then the stop of the Seattle O and a punt and the 49ers should have run at least a run play. The Seahawks had no TO and if you run the clock even a bit it almost eliminates a Seattle chance at a victory completely (surely 8-0-1 makes losing the division race to Seattle a pain). Now it's 8-1 to 8-2 I think right? Jimmy throwing those two shitty passes to the reserve TE instead of even eating a sack and killing time was oof to me, but maybe I'm wrong.

Achilles
11-12-2019, 02:46 AM
Oh definitely. I’d say the evolution of football in the last 20 is just as dramatic as MMA, and I can’t think of another sport even in the conversation. It’s totally different.
If you look at the top 20 all time passing yards in a season, 19 of them have happened since 2011. Dan Marino somehow passed for 5,000 yards in 1984 but nobody did it again for almost 30 years. 2 QBs did it last year, and a 3rd was less than 100 yards short.
So yeah, football isn’t the clawing and scratching for every inch game it once was, and what I think rugby still largely is. I know rugby has evolved too but doesn’t have the air attack stuff that the NFL has pretty much built their whole model around now. Running backs used to be the stars of the league and not that long ago. Not anymore.
And yes I do get whet you’re saying. If they actually took all pads and helmets out of football but continued to play, the game and players would adjust and ultimately it would be safer and there would be fewer traumatic injuries I’m sure.
And the league would probably have like 6 teams and they’d show the games at 10pm on Tuesday nights after reruns of Walker Texas Ranger. :)

Oh yeah I totally agree with that. Nobody would watch it, it wouldn't even be the same sport. It'd be unrecognizable. I just think they're right, it would probably be much safer.

Like I said, I was in medic school when Junior killed himself and asked them to donate his brain to science for CTE research. The NFL definitely fucked up in a PR sense denying it was a thing, I don't think that's even debatable. It was like how the military denied PTSD existed for decades. Now they're scrambling to to engineer better helmets, etc.

Now I don't think they should try to stop making safer gear. We agree the game would be safer with no padding but that's obviously never going to happen. And they should absolutely continue to make better helmets and whatnot. In my opinion though, what they should do is work on educating new players.

You're going onto a field with extremely athletic, freakish men who are going to literally run into you as fast as you can. You're young and right out of college and probably not that mature (not exactly what I would say to them). We want to make sure that you understand you could get significant brain damage.

That's what you're signing up for. Like I said, it'd be like if I went into the military and was like "we need to make getting shot safer." Or if like when I was a fighter competitively and was like "we need to find a better way to get punched in the head." I'd say the best thing to do would be to educate kids as soon as they get into football, just like when I got into fighting, on exactly what they're signing up for. If you want to do it, cool. But you're going to take a beating.

KBHoleN1
11-12-2019, 12:27 PM
Insanely poor kick at the end, but props to that kicker for the late lead, then late tie kicks from ~45 out to get to OT in the first place. When Russ threw that OT INT I thought it was going to the house, then that poor kick. Then the stop of the Seattle O and a punt and the 49ers should have run at least a run play. The Seahawks had no TO and if you run the clock even a bit it almost eliminates a Seattle chance at a victory completely (surely 8-0-1 makes losing the division race to Seattle a pain). Now it's 8-1 to 8-2 I think right? Jimmy throwing those two shitty passes to the reserve TE instead of even eating a sack and killing time was oof to me, but maybe I'm wrong.

Yeah, I didn't understand the three passes. Playing for a tie is a reasonable outcome at that point.

The Cheat
11-12-2019, 07:31 PM
Pretty sure I told Hugh last week that Seattle was going to win.

I hate being right sometimes.

Hugh
11-12-2019, 08:00 PM
I love it when you’re right, TC.

bludhoundz
11-12-2019, 09:29 PM
excellent game last night

worth it to stay up

congrats on the W, Hugh. Wilson for mvp

Achilles
11-13-2019, 10:41 AM
All the shit that's coming out about what's his face who came here and left because he was a creep that's coming out is hilarious. The news has been nuts. Dude was a grade A psycho.

Greendaybum5
11-13-2019, 12:46 PM
So annoying they flexed Seahawks/Eagles out of SNF. Is the SF/GB game really going to have that BETTER of ratings?

Hugh
11-13-2019, 01:01 PM
So annoying they flexed Seahawks/Eagles out of SNF. Is the SF/GB game really going to have that BETTER of ratings?

Right. I mean it’s not like they’re flexing out Bengals/Dolphins. Seahawks/Eagles is a hell of a matchup. Both teams fighting for their division. Two great QBs. Of course I’m biased but it’s still true. Whatever.
GB/SF might get better ratings I guess but every NFL fan was going to watch the other game too.

bdog1321
11-13-2019, 02:45 PM
Right. I mean it’s not like they’re flexing out Bengals/Dolphins. Seahawks/Eagles is a hell of a matchup. Both teams fighting for their division. Two great QBs. Of course I’m biased but it’s still true. Whatever.
GB/SF might get better ratings I guess but every NFL fan was going to watch the other game too.

i'd rather see seahawks eagles

49ers are going to stomp the packers

Hulky
11-13-2019, 03:28 PM
David Carr just released an article that is teams that don't yet have their 2020 QB.

He listed the following teams: Panthers, Bears, Bengals, Dolphins, Buccaneers

Does that imply Tannehill gets a year with the Titans? That seems wrong to me, like maybe a year as a bridge Qb but surely they take a QB right? Also Winston gets a second chance somewhere I'd think. Also implies Brady doesn't retire. Baker Mayfield low key has been one of the worst QBs this year, but last years hype probably carries him to a third year.

Going to be a crazy offseason like the new QB for Bears, Panthers, potentially Buccs, and Titans could be a good team. Patriots gotta think future QB which pushes the round 2/3 QBs to mid firsts prolly as you can't really wait.

bdog1321
11-13-2019, 04:25 PM
tannehill has been too good not to give a shot to. makes you wonder what the real problem always was in miami

Hugh
11-13-2019, 04:42 PM
With Winston I just don’t know that any team is going to sign up for that many turnovers. The Bucs have a lot of talent. They should be a good team and their record sucks simply because Winston can’t take care of the football. He’s always thrown a lot of picks but this year he has 12 in 8 games. It’s getting worse. For his price, I wouldn’t touch him.
You can have the best plan in the world and it all goes up in flames when your QB keeps throwing the ball to the other team.
I also agree if this continues with Tannehill, the Titans won’t be looking for a QB next year, but that’s kind of a no-brainer. Question is will it continue? I don’t think so.

Hugh
11-13-2019, 05:06 PM
Ryan Fitzpatrick has been the starting QB for 8 different NFL teams, which is ridiculous and stupid.
I hope he gets to 10 for some reason.

The Cheat
11-13-2019, 07:22 PM
Ryan Fitzpatrick has been the starting QB for 8 different NFL teams, which is ridiculous and stupid.

Yet he keeps getting paid.

Hulky
11-13-2019, 08:09 PM

Between Josh McCown and Ryan Fitzpatrick they have been on:
Jets (both)
Bills
Dolphins

Buccaneers (both)
Panthers

Rams
Cardinals

Bengals
Browns

Titans
Texans

Lions
Bears

Raiders

Eagles

Almost half the league lol.

Then there is Josh fucking Johnson if you remember him from Tampa.

Josh Johnson has signed with the
1) Buccaneers (hilariously under Gruden)
2) 49ers
3) Browns
4) Bengals
5) Jets
6) Colts
7) Bills
8) Ravens
9) Giants
10) Jaguars
11) Texans
12) Raiders (and back with Gruden outlasting the entire MNF phase)
13) Redskins
and this year was on his 14th NFL team the Lions lol

Hugh
11-13-2019, 08:52 PM
Had no idea Josh Johnson has been in the league that long and with that many teams. That’s crazy.
He’s only started 8 games in his career, though, 5 with Tampa Bay and 3 with Washington. So it’s not like he plays. He must run a good practice drill or something.

bludhoundz
11-14-2019, 08:51 AM
Why flex out Hawks Eagles for Niners Packers when we're stuck with Bears Rams this week? That's going to be a fucking awful game. These dumbfucks are flexing out the wrong game. Make Pats Eagles the SNF game this week. Jeez.

Hulky
11-14-2019, 12:16 PM
I dunno if you guys watch Flemlo Raps on Youtube but he does a lot of "what happened to ____ player" videos and did one I liked on Raiders safety Erik Harris' journey to the NFL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhOg88D3s0I

The Cheat
11-15-2019, 10:51 PM
A hero.

Hugh
11-17-2019, 04:19 PM
When the Bengals heard the TAO community was saying the Dolphins were by far the worst team in football earlier this season, they all got together and said “Who Dey?”

Hugh
11-17-2019, 05:23 PM
I mentioned Jameis Winston turning the ball over more than ever this season. Today he had 4 more interceptions.
Like I said, I don’t know what team is going to sign up for that.

KBHoleN1
11-17-2019, 06:11 PM
I mentioned Jameis Winston turning the ball over more than ever this season. Today he had 4 more interceptions.
Like I said, I don’t know what team is going to sign up for that.
Before this week there were two games this season where a QB threw 4 or more interceptions. Jameis had a 5-pick game Week 6 against Carolina. Sam Darnold threw 4 in Week 7 against New England.

This week, Jameis, Mason Rudolph, and Kyle Allen have all thrown 4 picks.

Hugh
11-17-2019, 07:43 PM
What are Mason Rudolph and Kyle Allen making compared to Winston?
Hey there aren’t a lot of great starting QBs and some are just plain bad, but Winston is a former #1 overall pick making $20 million this year and his team should be in the playoff hunt. He’s the only reason they aren’t.
I’m just saying for what he’s going to ask I don’t know what team will want him. Just my opinion.

The Cheat
11-18-2019, 09:22 PM
God I hope Cincy goes 0-16. For the lulz.

Hugh
11-18-2019, 10:25 PM
2 questions.
1) Do you think kickers are getting worse? Seems like they obviously are but maybe I’m wrong.
2) If yes, why would that be? Or how?

bdog1321
11-19-2019, 12:55 PM
Seems like they're getting worse from shorter ranges, not longer. Maybe they're practicing boomer field goals too much, or maybe they're just a bunch of snowflake pussies who crumble under pressure like the rest of us filthy millennials

The Cheat
11-19-2019, 08:31 PM
Seems like they're getting worse from shorter ranges, not longer. Maybe they're practicing boomer field goals too much, or maybe they're just a bunch of snowflake pussies who crumble under pressure like the rest of us filthy millennials

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3fVj8A-K8E

Hulky
11-19-2019, 09:42 PM
Well the extra point rule change a few years ago made the distance increase a little, so it's a little harder. I don't think in general kickers are missing that much more. Like the elite accuracy guys like Justin Tucker and Robbie Gould are still who they were minus Gould being injured but last few years.

Steven Hauschka has kinda fallen off from his time in Seattle to his time in Buffalo but like it's his 50+ yard attempts that have become ass. Being in Buffalo and being older kinda explains that a bit.

Maybe kickers in general are a bit worse but like the really fucking good ones are so old now like a Vinatieri kinda sucks this year but he is like 45 years old.

bludhoundz
11-20-2019, 09:17 AM
Being a kicker is less about ability than mentality.

You come on the field like, a few times a game maybe. Almost every time you do is a high pressure moment. One fuckup and people call for your head. But if you make 10 in a row, rarely are your praises sung. I think the freebie extra points gave kickers more confidence, and moving it back leading to more misses is a psychological struggle on actual field goal attempts.

I also think that the general NFL coaching body is "old school" and don't know the right way to coach a kicker. Sure, they know how to tell them the right form and whatever. But the mental aspect of the kicking game is unlike any other position. You tell a QB to have a short memory, but that's easier because even if they throw a pick, they're probably gonna get like 15-20 more pass attempts in the game after that. A kicker might miss one and not attempt another kick til next week, so it lingers. Combine this with the longer XP, and also a higher expectation for kickers. I think more is expected now since you have guys drilling 60 yarders sometimes, that they should be making 50s consistently. I feel like back in the day (well hey I didn't watch football super long ago), if you made a 46 yarder you done damn good.

KBHoleN1
11-20-2019, 10:57 AM
Also, coaches tend to lean on their kickers to bail them out in tough situations. Instead of taking a risk and trying to move the ball closer, a lot of coaches will play towards that 50+ yard field goal at the end of a game. Like, oh all we have to do is reach the 35 and we're in field goal range, so that's all we're going to shoot for, then it's your fault if you don't make a pressure kick from the edge of your range. And if you miss a couple of those we're going to cut you.

KBHoleN1
11-20-2019, 11:02 AM
Also, pertinent article I saw a few days ago about NFL kicking:

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/we-thought-nfl-kickers-would-keep-getting-better-but-this-year-theyre-struggling/

This says field goal rate is at its lowest since 2003. And even the PAT is at its lowest success rate since the spot was moved back in 2015.

The Cheat
11-20-2019, 07:05 PM
Let's just get rid of kicking.

bludhoundz
11-20-2019, 10:43 PM
Also, coaches tend to lean on their kickers to bail them out in tough situations. Instead of taking a risk and trying to move the ball closer, a lot of coaches will play towards that 50+ yard field goal at the end of a game. Like, oh all we have to do is reach the 35 and we're in field goal range, so that's all we're going to shoot for, then it's your fault if you don't make a pressure kick from the edge of your range. And if you miss a couple of those we're going to cut you.

Yeah I thought about something like this after I made the post.

Commentators talk like this and I think coaches share the mindset "well if we go for it on 4th down and don't get it we get 0 points, but we can just take the 3." As if the 3 is automatic.

Hugh
11-25-2019, 11:04 PM
Rams getting completely humiliated.

bludhoundz
11-26-2019, 08:24 AM
My vote which doesn't count has changed from Russell Wilson to Lamar Jackson for MVP. It could still change back but this version of the Ravens is too devastating right now. Looking forward to next week's matchup against the 49ers

Hugh
11-26-2019, 12:06 PM
I agree. I was excited when Russ was the front runner but Lamar has pretty much blown past him these last 2 weeks and rightfully so. Lamar Jackson is the most dominant force in the league right now.

Hulky
11-26-2019, 04:38 PM
it's amazing he can have a stat line like against the rams with 169 passing yards but 5 fucking passing TDs. Obviously he had about 100 rushing and the entire run game went ham, but fuck that score on demnad stuff is MVP worthy -- and like Wilson it's without that Julio Jones/Michael Thomas whatever dominant force to funnel it to.

The Cheat
11-26-2019, 08:18 PM
WTF happened to the Rams? So good last year and now shit? What gives?

Hugh
11-26-2019, 09:25 PM
Belichick destroyed their offense in the Super Bowl by taking the run away with a 6-1 defense and Goff sucks balls at play action, and now everyone does the same thing. McVay is a good football mind and motivator obviously to be a head coach that young, but he is REALLY young after all and hasn’t figured out how to adapt yet. He’s facing a lot of adversity and the team is struggling. We’ll see how he responds. Maybe he doesn’t have the whiskers to pull them out of a tailspin. He probably will eventually.
When you get pantsed in the SB like they did most teams have a hangover year. It’s a big blow. Players still play but they lose faith sometimes, in themselves or the coach or the team. Maybe all of it. The Rams could NOT adjust in that Super Bowl. McVay was lost. I think that has a big effect.

bludhoundz
11-27-2019, 12:14 AM
Also their o line played out of its mind for like 90% of last season and they suck this year. You saw the holes Gurley ran through last year? He just had free fucking lanes and a sprinter's speed to get to the edge and take it the distance.

Hugh
11-27-2019, 12:39 AM
Yes. I heard somewhere Goff is like the worst starting QB in the league off play action and also the worst ( or one of the worst ) against man coverage this season. He has more INTs than TDs this year. Lots of yards but lots of them are garbage time.
Obviously Goff can operate very well in a specific system and when things are going well, but when you’re talking NFL starting QBs who can’t?
Russell Wilson plays well with a run game or without. With a decent line or without. With a great defense ( which he’s mostly had ) or a suspect one, like this year. His numbers are consistent every year, and he’s piled up more wins in his first 8 years than any QB ever. Ever.
That’s me on my soap box for Russell Wilson. I’ve been critical of him at times, mostly because I haven’t always understood what I was watching, but he truly is great. Incredible really.
But Lamar is the MVP.

bdog1321
11-27-2019, 04:12 PM
Yeah it's becoming clear dak is the best qb from the 2016 draft

The Cheat
11-27-2019, 08:12 PM
So moral of the story is once you lose to Pats in the SB, you are fucked for awhile.

God damn I hate them so much.

Hulky
11-27-2019, 09:29 PM
CMC has to be up there in mvp race tho

Hugh
11-28-2019, 01:10 AM
Yeah it's becoming clear dak is the best qb from the 2016 draft

I agree. I’d take Dak over Wentz or Goff no question. I’d take Dak over most QBs for that matter.

bludhoundz
11-28-2019, 01:33 AM
I still stand by what I said about Zeke over Dak at the start of the year. I stand by it in the sense that, to that point, Dak hadn't showed me that he was gonna lead by example and put the team on his back. He was usually efficient and didn't have a lot of turnovers (which I still partially attribute to having a good o line), but when Zeke was out the splits were pretty serious. But now he looks like the most important player on the team and they should pay him whatever

Serge
11-28-2019, 08:53 AM
Hey the offense that everyone told me was a gimmick when RG3 was tearing up the league in 2012 is tearing up the league in 2019. It's almost like its core concept is about forcing the defense to play in a way that heavily shifts the balance of power toward the offense.

It's simple math. On a conventional run play the QB does nothing but hand the ball over so it's 10 players on offense against 11 players on defense. When a team regularly uses the read option the QB is actually involved in the play which turns it into an 11v11 if they keep the ball or a 10v10 if they don't.

Because of the breakout year the pistol option based offenses had in 2012 teams have learned the optimal way to attack the mesh point on these plays. But even when executed flawlessly this doesn't really turn the play back into a 10v11. It's more like a 10.5v11.

The key of course is that for the offense to work you need a freak at QB and a RB who is exceptionally skilled at inside runs. The thing that makes the Ravens so scary is that Jackson makes 2012 RG3 look like just a guy. He's significantly faster but more importantly the way he can juke and spin and make people miss is like something out of a sports anime. I've never seen someone stop on a dime and then accelerate to full speed in a different direction the way he does.

I think Jackson will prove that this offense is not a gimmick and can have long term success because his vision and awareness is so much better than RG3's was. I don't see him taking a devastating hit because he always sees where the contact is coming from and protects himself. (Of course when this topic comes up it needs to be said that both devastating hits that derailed RG3's career came on passing plays)

Hugh
11-28-2019, 11:07 AM
Well obviously Lamar is a freak and a special player but there have been other college QBs with similar skill sets who weren’t given a chance to play QB in the NFL because nobody thought they could, or it wasn’t sustainable or realistic or whatever reason they gave. Lamar had to lobby pretty hard to remain a QB from what I heard and refused to run the 40 yard dash and participate in other drills at the combine, probably because he would have run like a 4.3 and everyone would have screamed “RUNNING BACK!!”
But the questions like “What if he gets hurt?” and “Can he do this at 32?” are starting to sound stupid. If he gets hurt he gets hurt, like any QB or player in the league period. Maybe he’s at a higher risk because of his playstyle but he might be at an even higher risk if he was forced to play the position differently than what comes natural.
As far as how long he can do this, I don’t know if Lamar can do this in his thirties, but I know he can do it in his twenties. He’s doing it right now, and the front runner to win the SB right now. And that’s what’s it’s all about. Think the Colts were thinking about Andrew Luck in his thirties? I bet they were, but he retired before he even got there. Nothing is for certain.
Nothing except the fact that Lamar is dominating the league right now, and proving to teams and hopeful future QBs that there’s not just one way to play the position. He’s doing it his way and blazing a trail and it’s awesome to watch.
And John Harbaugh is my favorite coach outside of Seattle. Jim is a weirdo and a prick but John is clearly the cool brother.

Hugh
11-28-2019, 02:47 PM
Troy Aikman had 165 TD and 141 INTs for 32, 942 yds over 12 NFL seasons. He completed 61.5% of his passes and had a career 81.6 passer rating. And that’s with the best offensive line in history, Emmitt Smith and Michael Irvin.
Those are not Hall of Fame stats. I know the game has changed dramatically but Aikman is extremely lucky to have been on one of if not the greatest team in history. He wasn’t that good.

The One
11-28-2019, 05:02 PM
Niners are 10-1...someone pinch me. Super stoked for Niners vs Ravens game on Sunday - hope it’s a close one.

Hugh
11-28-2019, 05:10 PM
Who was that 1 loss to, TO?
Oh I remember!!:)

Hulky
11-28-2019, 07:12 PM
Troy Aikman had 165 TD and 141 INTs for 32, 942 yds over 12 NFL seasons. He completed 61.5% of his passes and had a career 81.6 passer rating. And that’s with the best offensive line in history, Emmitt Smith and Michael Irvin.
Those are not Hall of Fame stats. I know the game has changed dramatically but Aikman is extremely lucky to have been on one of if not the greatest team in history. He wasn’t that good.

I used to play poker with Larry Allen (he played guard on some of those mid 90s teams).

Compare Troy Aikman with fellow HOFer Jim Kelly and it makes sense though. Jim Kelly had Thurman Thomas and 4 SB loses with 11 years 35467 yards 60.1% 237 TD 175 INT compared to Troy Aikman who had 12 years (but an exceptionally shitty winless rookie year) 3 SB wins (two against Jim Kelly) 32942 yards 61.5% 165 TD 141 INT.

Pretty similar careers.

Winning in an era featuring Joe Montana/Steve Young, Dan Marino, John Elway, Jim Kelly, Brett Favre counts a little extra I think. Like Eli is going to get massive bonus points for beating Brady twice when the rest of his career has a lot of "yeah okay" stats.

Hugh
11-28-2019, 07:33 PM
Yeah I know who Larry Allen is. Lol. Probably the greatest guard ever and one of the strongest human beings to ever live.
You played poker with him? Like regularly? That’s awesome.
How and why?

Hugh
11-28-2019, 10:34 PM
Is Garrett getting fired, bdog?

bdog1321
11-29-2019, 12:25 AM
if he's not getting fired, he's getting murdered. booking my flight to dallas now

Hugh
11-29-2019, 12:39 AM
Sometimes QBs get old overnight. Seems like tonight is that night for Matt Ryan. All of a sudden he looks like an old man out there. Might be the end.

The One
11-29-2019, 01:12 PM
Who was that 1 loss to, TO?
Oh I remember!!:)

I look forward to watching the rematch in Seattle when the Niners play with their full offensive arsenal - Kittle’s gonna be a game changer.

Hugh
11-29-2019, 02:20 PM
Looking forward to it too. The west is the best.

Hulky
11-29-2019, 03:46 PM
Yeah I know who Larry Allen is. Lol. Probably the greatest guard ever and one of the strongest human beings to ever live.
You played poker with him? Like regularly? That’s awesome.
How and why?

We have "casinos" in my town that are basically one table of poker, one table of blackjack and one of baccarat and he played the same time I did. I havent gone in a couple years, but we used to sit next to each other and he is a big man and always wears his SB ring lol. He lives in the town I went to HS, but my town is the closest with poker.

KBHoleN1
11-29-2019, 08:24 PM
Saw this stat today:

The Cowboys have scored more points than the Seahawks.
The Cowboys have allowed fewer points than the Seahawks.
The Cowboys have gained more yards than the Seahawks.
The Cowboys have allowed fewer yards than the Seahawks.
The Cowboys are 6-6, the Seahawks are 9-2.

Can't win close games against good teams, win big against bad teams. Over and over and over. The Seahawks have good coaching and a QB who makes clutch plays. The Cowboys don't.

The Cheat
11-30-2019, 09:57 PM
But what about this people?

https://www.totalprosports.com/2019/11/28/nfl-teams-named-after-cats-are-now-0-12-since-black-cat-ran-on-field-during-giants-cowboys-mnf-game/

Hugh
11-30-2019, 10:10 PM
Now that’s just weird.

Hulky
12-01-2019, 12:11 AM
Terrelle Pryor arrested after being stabbed. Didn't see full story, but looks like domestic dispute then she stabbed him after he fought her or something like that.

The Cheat
12-01-2019, 01:43 AM
Terrelle Pryor arrested after being stabbed. Didn't see full story, but looks like domestic dispute then she stabbed him after he fought her or something like that.

He is expected to recover.

Hugh
12-01-2019, 07:31 PM
I’ll keep saying it, just because I like saying it.
NFL referees are the most inept and incompetent group of professionals that exist in any field. They are consistent at one thing and one thing only. Being fucking terrible at their job.
Bunch of fucking idiots.

The Cheat
12-02-2019, 09:08 PM
But the pats lost yesterday so it is all good.

Hugh
12-03-2019, 12:34 AM
Go Hawks!

Hulky
12-03-2019, 07:11 PM
I’ll keep saying it, just because I like saying it.
NFL referees are the most inept and incompetent group of professionals that exist in any field. They are consistent at one thing and one thing only. Being fucking terrible at their job.
Bunch of fucking idiots.

weathermen?

bludhoundz
12-03-2019, 09:55 PM
I never watch the weather on the news, but when I check the weather online it is almost always accurate or close. Like 95% of the time or more

Hulky
12-04-2019, 01:23 AM
I am not sure if any of you know who George Atkinson is, but George Atkinson is a Raider legend and also lives in my hometown. He has two twin sons that played football here and then they both went to Notre Dame, and then George Atkinson III was a fringe rosterable/practice squad RB for the Raiders and Browns for a couple years. Anyways the mother passed from Crohn's disease and schizophrenia a while ago, and then last year Josh (one of the twins) killed himself on Christmas. Today George (the other twin) just died, and I believe it was suicide although it hasnt been officially stated.

https://people.com/sports/former-nfl-player-george-atkinson-iii-27-dies-1-year-after-twin-brothers-death-by-suicide/
has links to relevant stories

Fucking insanely sad. The two twins were the pride of my town a few years ago and their Granada photos are in the local wing stores and whatnot.