PDA

View Full Version : For NFL fans

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Greendaybum5
12-27-2016, 11:46 AM
Could there be a Romo sighting?

Sanchez will get the 2nd half snaps I bet. I don't think anything good can happen by playing Romo in 2H

bdog1321
12-27-2016, 02:43 PM
Byebye rexy

Hugh
12-27-2016, 03:54 PM
I know some team will hire him, but it'll be a mistake. He's always the main focus of his teams. I'm sure he knows football, but he's pretty much been a train wreck as a NFL head coach.

Hulky
12-27-2016, 05:33 PM
Rex Ryan is a top half head coach easy and the Bills are retarded for firing him. He'd be a good hire for Jacksonville imo, better than Tom Coughlin.

The Butcher
12-27-2016, 05:49 PM
Seriously Hulky for someone who is as involved in watching sports as you, you say some of the most assanine things I've ever heard.

bludhoundz
12-27-2016, 06:21 PM
Rex Ryan is a fantastic coaching mind, but I don't think he's a good head coach. He is literally a distraction for his own team. He doesn't know how to deal with the media well at all, and makes stupid moves like hiring his own brother which anyone with half a brain could tell you will never work out and make you look like an idiot. As a coach, his players do love him, but he isn't able to teach them discipline because he has none. NFL teams should come to realize this at some point and only hire him as a defensive coordinator, which he does a fine job of.

Hulky
12-27-2016, 06:39 PM
1. Belichick
2. Carroll
3. Reid
4. Harbaugh
5. Payton
6. Arians

name 10 more head coaches better than Rex Ryan, because that would be top half. Then realize the Bills aren't snagging anyone near that good. Doug Marrone said fuck it I'd rather be anywhere else at a lesser position than be head coach there. Then they got Rex Ryan essentially because he is competitive and wanted to play against Belichick and the Jets. Who the fuck would coach there, they fucked up.

100% sure their next coach doesn't perform as well in their first two years as Rex Ryan has in his last 2.

The Professor
12-27-2016, 06:42 PM
Tomlin. 9 more to go.

Hulky
12-27-2016, 06:46 PM
I don't even think Tomlin is better than Rex Ryan.

Give Rex Ryan those offensive weapons and see if he wins a Superbowl in 10 years.

Hugh
12-27-2016, 07:08 PM
I would absolutely take Mcarthy, Pagano, Kubiak, Zimmer, O Brien, Gruden, and Mcadoo over Rex Ryan right now. I'd take Jack Del Rio over him. He has a better record. Jeff Fisher has a better record and he hasn't had a QB since Steve McNair.

Well if we're going to say things like "top half" and ask to name 10 coaches better, I'll say Rex Ryan never won a division title in 8 years as a head coach and has a 61-65 overall record. That isn't winning. He's also often in the headlines for saying or doing something stupid, and that will never change.
He was hot shit as a defensive coordinator in Baltimore. Nobody disputes that he knows defense. But the evidence shows he's not a very good head coach. Definitely not worth the baggage, in my opinion.

Hulky
12-27-2016, 07:34 PM
who the fuck is going to coach them
no one
they suck ass
they have no QB, because they are cutting Tyrod since Rex was Tyrod's only backer.
they have an injury prone stud WR.
they have a 29 year old RB that makes 9 mil a year and can't get rid of him until 2019 when he's 32
the owner just fired the best record-wise head coach they've had since Tom Brady was a nobody, and the HC before said fuck it and quit after a year
the market is easily the shittiest, and they are hoping into a market pool against the fucking Los Angeles Rams. AKA you aren't getting top pick.

saying Rex handled shit wrong in NYC look at the clusterfuck "disciplinarian" Bowles has created in Rex's absence.

Hugh
12-27-2016, 07:45 PM
Who the fuck is going to coach them? Who the fuck is going to coach any team that fires their head coach. Someone else.
Lol. Jesus, Hulky. I could make a better argument for why Fisher should have kept his job over Rex Ryan.

Hulky
12-27-2016, 08:06 PM
Who is going to coach the Bills over the other available jobs.
They have zero selling point and have no chance of being better than they were under Rex.

The Rams have the best market and a young superstar in Gurley (and potentially Goff if the hire values him).
The Jaguars have elite talent and Florida (no income tax).
Both of those jobs have shown loyalty to their Head Coach, whereas Buffalo hired Rex, then put him on the hot seat after one year.

The other potential firings according to the Media are Pagano, McCarthy, McCoy, Harbaugh, John Fox, and Chip Kelly.

The only job potentially as shit as Buffalo is San Francisco, but at least the 49ers is a prestigious job in theory and a nice area and market. Buffalo is getting last picks of coaches and no one is going to be anywhere near as good as Rex.

The Cheat
12-27-2016, 08:22 PM
Yes. He was really good for like 15 minutes.

Ya Wonder why his career went dow-

http://www.clevescene.com/images/blogimages/2011/05/31/1306853263-peyton-hillis-madden-cover.jpg

Oh

KBHoleN1
12-27-2016, 08:23 PM
Hulky makes a lot of good points. The Bills have 2 winning seasons in the past 17 (both were 9-7) and no playoff appearances. That spans 8 head coaches. Rex went 8-8 his first year, and they could very well finish 8-8 again by beating the Jets. .500 is better than their winning % this century. Rex has a big personality, but he does reasonably well with not a lot to work with and a tough division. Losses this year to the Dolphins (twice), Pats, Raiders, Steelers, Seahawks, and once to the Jets. One bad loss the whole season with Tyrod Taylor as your QB and you dump him? The defense apparently didn't like the schemes, the ownership didn't like Rex's personality. Whatever. But Buffalo is going to be hard pressed to find more success in the next few seasons with a different person at the helm (like Hulky is trying to say). That's my opinion of the situation, at least.

Hugh
12-27-2016, 09:08 PM
Yes, Hulky has some good points. But because the Bills won't get a bigger name doesn't mean they won't get a better head coach, someone better suited for the job. I don't know who but that's not the point. I understand the Bills wanting to move on from Rex Ryan as soon as possible. He's a distraction, he's often times an embarrassment, and the team is moving in the wrong direction.

Ya Wonder why his career went dow-

http://www.clevescene.com/images/blogimages/2011/05/31/1306853263-peyton-hillis-madden-cover.jpg

Oh

Lol. Completely forgot about this. No wonder he vanished.
Like a 250 lb slow, white running back didn't have enough going against him already. Hey, let's put him on the Madden cover!

Burnout278
12-28-2016, 02:10 AM
*cough* Jim Schwartz *cough*

Makes the most sense, couple years removed from his rebuilding of the defense there. Then they just need a good offensive coordinator.

Hugh
12-28-2016, 02:54 AM
Jim Schwartz had SO much to work with in Detroit and literally did nothing. He was 29-51. I mean holy shit, that's bad. 1 winning season in 5, and he didn't win the division and got knocked out of the playoffs in the wild card round.
And that's with a legit QB, the best reciever in the league and arguably the best defensive line.

Burnout278
12-28-2016, 03:04 AM
Jim Schwartz had SO much to work with in Detroit and literally did nothing. He was 29-51. I mean holy shit, that's bad. 1 winning season in 5, and he didn't win the division and got knocked out of the playoffs in the wild card round.
And that's with a legit QB, the best reciever in the league and arguably the best defensive line.

Detroit is where coaches go to under perform. Also he rebuilt an 0 - 16 team.

On January 24, Schwartz was hired by the Buffalo Bills as the defensive coordinator. In 2014 Schwartz's defense was one of the top defenses statistically in the NFL, and led the league in sacks.[16] During the 2014 season, the Bills went 4–0 against NFC North opponents, which Schwartz had coached against for the previous five seasons. The Bills ended the season fourth in the NFL in points and yards allowed per game with 18.1 and 312.2, respectively, while ranking third in takeaways with 30.[19] The Bills also finished with their first winning record in ten years at 9–7. Despite the success, head coach Doug Marrone resigned at the end of the season and new Bills coach Rex Ryan decided to bring in his own personnel, rather than retaining Schwartz.

Hugh
12-28-2016, 03:10 AM
Rex Ryan is a buffoon and Jim Schwartz is a good defensive coordinator. I still think they're both bad head coaches.

bludhoundz
12-28-2016, 08:21 AM
yeah Schwartz isn't any good as a HC

Greendaybum5
12-28-2016, 11:38 AM
yeah Schwartz isn't any good as a HC

no but as a DC he just kicked the NYG ass. Was such a great game Bludz. Lane Johnson is a beast!

Hulky
12-28-2016, 01:48 PM
I think there is a chance Derek Carr still plays for the Raiders come playoffs. McGloin is 100% the QB for the Broncos this week and wildcard week if KC steals the bye seed from us, but like 2-3 weeks down the line I could see Derek Carr going full hero mode and coming back.

Maverik
12-28-2016, 02:26 PM
what?

he just broke his fucking leg man

he's not playing

bdog1321
12-28-2016, 03:04 PM
I would absolutely take Mcarthy, Pagano, Kubiak, Zimmer, O Brien, Gruden, and Mcadoo over Rex Ryan right now. I'd take Jack Del Rio over him. He has a better record. Jeff Fisher has a better record and he hasn't had a QB since Steve McNair.

Well if we're going to say things like "top half" and ask to name 10 coaches better, I'll say Rex Ryan never won a division title in 8 years as a head coach and has a 61-65 overall record. That isn't winning. He's also often in the headlines for saying or doing something stupid, and that will never change.
He was hot shit as a defensive coordinator in Baltimore. Nobody disputes that he knows defense. But the evidence shows he's not a very good head coach. Definitely not worth the baggage, in my opinion.

Garrett is better than all of these

bdog1321
12-28-2016, 03:04 PM
I think there is a chance Derek Carr still plays for the Raiders come playoffs. McGloin is 100% the QB for the Broncos this week and wildcard week if KC steals the bye seed from us, but like 2-3 weeks down the line I could see Derek Carr going full hero mode and coming back.

No

Hulky
12-28-2016, 03:14 PM
you guys see that viral video of the guard at the Chargers game staring at a cheerleader and jerking off pocket pool style.

lol.

https://www.facebook.com/TheRundownRSB/videos/1827049550898375/

bludhoundz
12-28-2016, 04:23 PM
no but as a DC he just kicked the NYG ass. Was such a great game Bludz. Lane Johnson is a beast!

Haha apparently it's not too hard this year :( but it was a gg. I do think Schwartz is a good DC but really lacks the temperament to be a good HC

bludhoundz
12-28-2016, 04:24 PM
Also I find it extremely hard to judge Garrett's coaching ability. Like all of his coordinators and assistant coaches are really good, and were before they worked for him

KBHoleN1
12-28-2016, 04:51 PM
I don't think Garrett is a good head coach, I'm sure many of you know this already. As an offensive coordinator I thought he was good, I liked his playcalling and he worked well with Romo. But as a head coach responsible for the whole team he seems overmatched. Last season is a glaring example to me, of a coach who can't get the most out of his players. So many close losses while waiting for Romo to return, with (semi) capable back-up QBs and a roster full of standout players. I really believe with a different coach Dallas could have salvaged a decent season without Romo, but they kept beating themselves with silly mistakes and penalties. His in-game decision making has always ruffled my feathers, like which plays to challenge and when to call timeouts and when to go for it/kick it, etc. Several times this season I've thrown my hands in the air over his calls (like onside kicking in the Redskins game). It often seems like we win despite him, not because of him. And the locker room distractions have always been an issue, even this year. He's not a coach you hear players raving about for his loyalty or camaraderie, but he's also not a disciplinarian who keeps the bad eggs in line. He just sort of exists and keeps his job by default because the team has so much talent every year. The man was barely over .500 before this year and he's coached Jason Witten and Tony Romo and Dez Bryant and Demarco Murray and this rebuilt O-line? And the players on defense used to be Lee and Ware and Newman and Scandrick and Ratliff and Bradie James, and all these names that pop out at me as really talented players and the team was going 8-8 every year. Apparently 8-8 with locker room distractions is enough to get Rex Ryan fired, but he was Jerry's boy so he stuck around. Grumble, grumble, grumble, I don't like Garrett very much.

Maverik
12-28-2016, 04:58 PM
http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/brownsvilleherald.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/a/95/a9571282-76a1-11e2-b90c-001a4bcf6878/511cd7cbb4ff0.image.jpg

guys, it just doesn't get old

The Professor
12-28-2016, 05:25 PM
I don't think Garrett is a good head coach, I'm sure many of you know this already. As an offensive coordinator I thought he was good, I liked his playcalling and he worked well with Romo. But as a head coach responsible for the whole team he seems overmatched. Last season is a glaring example to me, of a coach who can't get the most out of his players. So many close losses while waiting for Romo to return, with (semi) capable back-up QBs and a roster full of standout players. I really believe with a different coach Dallas could have salvaged a decent season without Romo, but they kept beating themselves with silly mistakes and penalties. His in-game decision making has always ruffled my feathers, like which plays to challenge and when to call timeouts and when to go for it/kick it, etc. Several times this season I've thrown my hands in the air over his calls (like onside kicking in the Redskins game). It often seems like we win despite him, not because of him. And the locker room distractions have always been an issue, even this year. He's not a coach you hear players raving about for his loyalty or camaraderie, but he's also not a disciplinarian who keeps the bad eggs in line. He just sort of exists and keeps his job by default because the team has so much talent every year. The man was barely over .500 before this year and he's coached Jason Witten and Tony Romo and Dez Bryant and Demarco Murray and this rebuilt O-line? And the players on defense used to be Lee and Ware and Newman and Scandrick and Ratliff and Bradie James, and all these names that pop out at me as really talented players and the team was going 8-8 every year. Apparently 8-8 with locker room distractions is enough to get Rex Ryan fired, but he was Jerry's boy so he stuck around. Grumble, grumble, grumble, I don't like Garrett very much.

To be fair, he had Matt Cassel and Weeden, both who qualify as some of the worst QBs ever. Ever. Matt Cassel winning 10 games in 08 says more about the Patriots amazing talent than him. And the Browns selecting Weeden with a first round pick shows exactly why they've been the Browns since forever.

I don't think Garrett is great but he isn't bad. He deals with some of the most media scrutiny and an Owner in Jerry Jones who we all agree is way too involved.

The one year we had a healthy team for the most part, we went 12-4. Now we're pretty healthy again, and we're 13-2 with the number 1 seed. Personally I'm glad Jerry stayed the course Garrett when so many teams are impatient. I don't know how much is on Garrett, but on most successful organizations continuity is important.

bdog1321
12-28-2016, 07:13 PM

Okay now that that's out, who would you take over him?

Serge
12-28-2016, 08:12 PM
Getting rid of Garret would be like benching Prescott for Romo.

bdog1321
12-28-2016, 08:37 PM
Getting rid of Garret would be like benching Prescott for Romo.

Then it's a good idea?

Hugh
12-28-2016, 09:21 PM
Are you drunk again, bdog?

bludhoundz
12-31-2016, 12:04 AM
https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/15776831_1355151714531513_6171758415228012792_o.jp g?oh=65db224b6e5080efa21873346ae206c7&oe=58E786DA

The Cheat
12-31-2016, 12:31 AM
It was funny tho..

Mantis
12-31-2016, 11:44 AM
Even Goodell isn't enough of a toolbag to fine someone money after they helped boost charity funding and also donated heavily themselves. Zeke is the man.

bludhoundz
12-31-2016, 01:07 PM
i agree it was funny

but ill always love memes that shit on goodell

Maverik
12-31-2016, 01:45 PM
Goodell is the worst commissioner in any sport ever.

He better not get inducted to the Hall.

He is single-handedly destroying the NFL.

The Cheat
12-31-2016, 03:15 PM
Why does everyone hate goodell so much? I mean he isn't great and he has fucked up somethings (ray rice) but that i don't think he is that bad.

Maverik
12-31-2016, 03:36 PM
he's on a fucking power trip

he doles out player punishments and reinstatements on a personal level with no form or system whatsoever

he isn't protecting the players AND he's taking out the fun

The Cheat
12-31-2016, 03:41 PM
Doesn't bother me. The only thing which is annoying to me is the no fun after TD thing.

rainblade
12-31-2016, 03:48 PM
Brady is certainly fueled by his hatred of Goodell, right? I mean, maybe that's not all of it, but it has to have something to do with it. The man is unhinged, breaking rules. ;)

Hugh
12-31-2016, 04:13 PM
He's a fucking douchebag. The absurd amount of money he makes takes any credibility or integrity out of the position. He's a puppet for the owners, and why shouldn't he be? They pay him $20 million a year!
So he does whatever they tell him, including fining players for doing the robot after a TD because the old, white billionaires in their gold boxes don't like it. Fuck the 80,000 screaming fans in face paint or the 80,000,000 watching on tv.

Maverik
12-31-2016, 04:28 PM
oh yea, and he is way fucking overpaid, forgot to mention that

Hugh
12-31-2016, 04:51 PM
My bad. He made $31 million last year. That was his salary. Lol. I mean I'm all for making all you can, but that's ridiculous. Any dickhead with a suit could do his job.

rainblade
12-31-2016, 05:47 PM
My bad. He made $31 million last year. That was his salary. Lol. I mean I'm all for making all you can, but that's ridiculous. Any dickhead with a suit could do his job.

Bleeding heart liberal. :P (anti-capitalist sentiment)

Da Gyps
12-31-2016, 08:27 PM
Okay so Cheat, who hates EVERYTHING, doesn't hate one of the most punchable dickbags in the world? Makes sense.

Hulky
12-31-2016, 08:51 PM
I don't think Goodell is anywhere near as bad as you guys apparently do.

Hugh
12-31-2016, 08:51 PM
Good point, Gypsy.

The Professor
12-31-2016, 08:59 PM
I don't think Goodell is anywhere near as bad as you guys apparently do.

So if you make a pros and cons list, will there be more pros for Goodell than cons? If there are more cons, he's doing a bad job, especially as the leader of the most popular sport in America.

The Cheat
01-01-2017, 12:49 AM
Okay so Cheat, who hates EVERYTHING, doesn't hate one of the most punchable dickbags in the world? Makes sense.

Geez didn't know this was such a hot button issue for you people. I'm not saying he is good and i do fully admit that he gets paid WAYYYY too much. What it boils down to is...I don't care. I have never cared about anything old Roger does or says. Doesn't mean I like him, I just don't care.

So he is a puppet? What commish isn't? So he fucks up? So? Why does that matter? I turn on the TV each Sunday and football is on. That is all I care.

To sum it up: I'm not trying to defend the guy. At all. I don't hate him because I don't care. I see him in the media and i feel nothing towards him because I just. Don't. Care.

NFL keeps going with or without him.

Maverik
01-01-2017, 12:57 AM
I really like Adam Silver.

he looks like the crypt keeper, but I do think he is great for the NBA

The Cheat
01-01-2017, 12:58 AM

I fully admit I don't closely follow the NBA. That being said he seems ok.

KBHoleN1
01-01-2017, 02:31 AM
Goodwill is obviously a highly paid puppet for the owners. We just wish he was better. A lot of people would take the money and do the same shit. It he NFL needs a hero to keep the fans and the players happy, and he's not it.

The drunk me wanted to post that as is, but the Grammar Nazi made me edit. Totally said he plasters Hailey.

KBHoleN1
01-01-2017, 02:32 AM
Still screwed up oh well

Da Gyps
01-01-2017, 01:10 PM

Yes, he is an example of a good commish.

rainblade
01-01-2017, 02:28 PM
Floyd is a skinny tank.

Hugh
01-01-2017, 02:53 PM
Oh no!
IT'S ROMO!!

bdog1321
01-01-2017, 03:22 PM
ROMO LOOKED SO GOOD PLEASE KEEP HIM AS STARTER

also rofl Sanchez

Da Gyps
01-01-2017, 04:12 PM
Patriots are going to win another SB.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nohQReM7BpI

rainblade
01-01-2017, 04:35 PM
I haven't had this much confidence in/hope for a Patriots team since 2007.

Da Gyps
01-01-2017, 04:56 PM
I haven't had this much confidence in/hope for a Patriots team since 2007.

I don't see how anyone can beat them. Also I know you dug that song. 8-)

rainblade
01-01-2017, 05:30 PM
I don't see how anyone can beat them. Also I know you dug that song. 8-)

Seattle has the best chance, but I think the Pats have hit their stride at an ideal time. They're going to coast to the SB (hopefully).

rainblade
01-01-2017, 06:19 PM
https://s29.postimg.org/w66fcc40n/Screenshot_150.png

(from Tom Brady's Facebook page [for Brendon Leet])

bludhoundz
01-01-2017, 08:31 PM
Skins came out flat in that one

Giants offense didn't really wake up but the defense looks so damn good man

bdog1321
01-01-2017, 08:35 PM
Seattle has the best chance, but I think the Pats have hit their stride at an ideal time. They're going to coast to the SB (hopefully).

So silly to assume things like this

rainblade
01-01-2017, 09:25 PM
So silly to assume things like this

Missed the (hopefully).

The Professor
01-01-2017, 10:15 PM
Packers vs Giants in Lambeau please

Hulky
01-01-2017, 11:04 PM
So disappointing to basically have no shot at a home playoff game (Miami Oakland AFC Championship I think is the only shot). Super sad since I wanted to go to one.

KBHoleN1
01-01-2017, 11:41 PM
That sucks Hulky.

bdog1321
01-02-2017, 01:16 PM
I think the super bowl will be chiefs vs. Falcons

The Cheat
01-02-2017, 09:20 PM
I think the super bowl will be chiefs vs. Falcons

NFL would die if that happened.

I think Atlanta is the biggest wild card in all of playoffs. They could make SB. Or I can see them losing their first game. Having Seattle going on the road after round one is HUGE. If they were at home, game over man.

Packers vs Giants will be a damn, damn good game.

I can't name more than three players on the Chiefs. I can't stand watching them as they are boring to watch. Now do I want them to lose? Nah. Anyone but the Pats in the AFC.

I'm sad we won't see what Oakland could have done. Once Carr went down, game over. :(

Saint
01-02-2017, 09:54 PM
I actually think the Chiefs are one of the more entertaining teams to watch, especially with Tyreek.

Da Gyps
01-02-2017, 11:30 PM
I actually think the Chiefs are one of the more entertaining teams to watch, especially with Tyreek.

At this point I will be surprised if he doesn't have a 50+ yard td in a game. XD

bludhoundz
01-03-2017, 02:50 AM
ESPN is reportedly going to lose about $75 million for the Raiders / Texans game. They pay $100 mil to host it, and are projected to make only $25 mil.

It's probably gonna be a pretty fucking bad game.

bdog1321
01-03-2017, 03:13 PM
Goodell can cover that with his weekly allowance

Hugh
01-03-2017, 03:33 PM
Just listened to an interview with Pete Carroll where he was asked about pulling starters on Sunday, including Wilson, when Seattle was only up by 2 points. His answer shocked me.
He said they'd seen the score of the Falcons/Saints game was 35-13 and realized they couldn't get the #2 seed, so at that point it didn't matter.
What the fuck?
If we had lost that game, which we almost did, and GB won, which they did, then Seattle would be the 4 and GB the 3.
And if both teams won their home games and the next game on the road, the NFC championship would once again be Seattle/Green Bay. Probably won't happen but it's not a crazy possibility by any stretch.
I don't know about Pete, but I'd rather play that game here than in fucking Wisconsin. My issue is that he's basically saying he hadn't even considered that. He said the game didn't matter after Atlanta had their game in hand, when in fact it did.
It might decide whether or not we go the Super Bowl.
These guys aren't always brilliant. They do stupid shit and make ridiculous mistakes all the time. Football is a complex sport but it does not take a genius to understand it. You see a brilliant, revolutionary football mind like Chip Kelly and his team went 2-14 this year. Plays are crafted on a dry erase board the same way they are in high school. The players are just better.
The best NFL head coaches are the ones who understand people, how to get the most out of them and make them play for each other. Motivational speakers. Without that, even a coach like Carroll isn't special. Football minds are a dime a dozen. This shit isn't rocket science.

bdog1321
01-03-2017, 04:28 PM
i wouldn't call chip kelly brilliant or revolutionary. he did something nobody else was doing, got figured out and flamed out in a couple years.

his offense was, is, and always will be, a gimmick.

Hugh
01-03-2017, 05:36 PM
Maybe you wouldn't, especially now that he's been fired from San Fran after 1 season, but lots of people did. That's why they hired him. That's actually my point.
A coach who was doing something nobody else was doing, and he's already basically burned out. Again, it's football. These guys aren't geniuses. We see multimillion dollar coaches every week who can't even manage a game clock.

Hulky
01-04-2017, 12:30 AM
Chip Kelly's offense is my favorite to research, the only other one that is similarly entertaining to dig into is the Shanahan/Alex Gibbs/Kubiak/Dennison offense.

If I was a head coach I'd use a lot of their principles.

Serge
01-04-2017, 10:51 AM
I love the Shanny offense and it burns me up that we have Jay Gruden when we should have Kyle Shanahan as our head coach. Stupid Snyder undermining Mike Shanahan by being RG3's bff. If you watch highlights from 2012 RG3 was throwing to wide the fuck open first reads all day long. Same story with the Falcons this year. Put someone with two functioning hands on that offense and Kyle will get him open for a touchdown.

I agree with Hugh, though, that the intangible type stuff is way more important than X's and O's in the NFL. Like look at Tom Brady. Sure he's got great skills, but the reason he's had the success he has is because he's always got the biggest pair on the field. In Moneyball they have the scene where they kind of make fun of the old fashioned scouts for asking what a player's girlfriend looks like but I think they're right. Tom Brady is ugly as sin. Dude would fit right in on my bus. But he's married to a literal super model who is worth twice what he is.

That's the type of players I would build my team with. Guys with mental toughness who are insanely competitive. Right now my favorite players on Washington are Pierre Garçon, Trent Williams, and Josh Norman.

And since New England is a lock to make the Super Bowl and Peyton got his second ring last year it's pretty much fate that the Giants win it all this year. Prepare to witness 3li.

Maverik
01-04-2017, 11:33 AM
I lost

good one, Serge

bludhoundz
01-04-2017, 11:47 AM
manning bros back to back lets get it

Hugh
01-04-2017, 12:11 PM
I've never heard anyone say Tom Brady is ugly as sin. Lol.

rainblade
01-04-2017, 03:08 PM
I've never heard anyone say Tom Brady is ugly as sin. Lol.

this. Tom Brady might give off an air of arrogance, but he's ugly? Nah, bro.

Serge
01-04-2017, 04:28 PM
I think my Adderall had just kicked in when I wrote that. I was all over the place. For what it's worth my wife thinks he's ugly but she also tends to only like dudes who look borderline homeless like Jayson Werth.

Hugh
01-04-2017, 04:36 PM
So if Tom Brady grew a shitty beard, long hair and didn't shower for a week he'd just be a way better looking Jayson Werth?
Bet your wife would love him.:)

The Cheat
01-04-2017, 09:48 PM
this. Tom Brady might give off an air of arrogance, but he's ugly? Nah, bro.

What do you mean "might?" There is no "might" about it. He's a asshole on and off the field.

rainblade
01-04-2017, 10:10 PM
my wife thinks he's ugly

She just tells you that. ;P

Hulky
01-05-2017, 02:39 AM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/ce/ba/79/ceba7994ea5727ffaca0460ce110ecf8.jpg

rainblade
01-05-2017, 12:23 PM
Neanderthal. :P

The Cheat
01-05-2017, 10:24 PM
3 of the 4 games this weekend will suck.

The AFC is so fucking bad, Pats should feel shame at how easy they have it in the playoffs.

Sanosuke
01-06-2017, 05:50 AM
i wouldn't call chip kelly brilliant or revolutionary. he did something nobody else was doing, got figured out and flamed out in a couple years.

his offense was, is, and always will be, a gimmick.

Reminds me of Vick and Griffin (He doesn't get the cool three alphanumeric nickname anymore because that's reserved for good players). I thought Hugh was describing Kelly in a sarcastic manner until he replied to you.

bludhoundz
01-06-2017, 11:18 AM
I'm so hyped for the playoffs man. It's been a while since the Giants made it, and the Packers are the perfect test in the first week to see if the GMen really have what it takes. I'm expecting to see a really good game. If it's a low scoring affair, I think the Giants should win since that's how they've been winning all year. If the Pack put up mid to high twenties though, the Giants will lose unless Eli plays well.

Da Gyps
01-06-2017, 09:25 PM
Sitting around for a week waiting to get killed by the Steelers sucks.

Maverik
01-06-2017, 10:16 PM
never realized how annoying disparaging fans were

rather have TO talking about how great SF sports are

Hulky
01-06-2017, 10:33 PM
Sitting around for a week waiting to get killed by the Steelers sucks.

fuck you for stealing my bye and homefield advantage to bitch about the steelers

Hugh
01-06-2017, 10:54 PM
Gypsy=Served

Hugh
01-06-2017, 11:08 PM
Reminds me of Vick and Griffin (He doesn't get the cool three alphanumeric nickname anymore because that's reserved for good players). I thought Hugh was describing Kelly in a sarcastic manner until he replied to you.

You almost had it, Sano. Almost.
I do not think Chip Kelly is a football genius, but he has been called one MANY TIMES BY MANY PEOPLE. So far he's been a failure in the NFL. I used him as an example to make my point, the entire point of my post, that people throw the term around too easily. That football geniuses don't really exist. That these people make bonehead mistakes every game and really aren't much different than the dipshits who coached me in high school. It's football, not rocket science.
You really didn't get that?
I give up.

The Cheat
01-06-2017, 11:57 PM
I give up.

I have waited so long for this day...

Sanosuke
01-07-2017, 03:36 AM
You almost had it, Sano. Almost.
I do not think Chip Kelly is a football genius, but he has been called one MANY TIMES BY MANY PEOPLE. So far he's been a failure in the NFL. I used him as an example to make my point, the entire point of my post, that people throw the term around too easily. That football geniuses don't really exist. That these people make bonehead mistakes every game and really aren't much different than the dipshits who coached me in high school. It's football, not rocket science.
You really didn't get that?
I give up.

It's just really hard to get tone on the internet. Sorry I let you down man.

Maverik
01-07-2017, 04:36 AM
for the record, football geniuses do exist

The Warlock is the perfect example.

Hugh
01-07-2017, 04:52 AM
It's just really hard to get tone on the internet. Sorry I let you down man.

You're right, it is. I just didn't want you to think I was complimenting Chip Kelly. I think he's a hack.
And if the Warlock is Bellichick he might actually be a warlock, since he can win with anyone or without anyone, even Brady, and nobody has any idea how.
I don't count him. He sold his soul to the devil or something, like Kenny G.

Maverik
01-07-2017, 05:00 AM
I can't remember if Belichick or Popovich is The Warlock (Gypsy can correct me here), but pretty much same shit.

The Cheat
01-07-2017, 02:14 PM
You're
And if the Warlock is Bellichick he might actually be a warlock, since he can win with anyone or without anyone,even Brady, and nobody has any idea how.

*Ahem*

http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2008/0128/nfl_ap_belichick_412.jpg

bludhoundz
01-07-2017, 03:10 PM
fun fact: ~30% of the patriots current roster was on the 2013 browns

http://dailysnark.com/crazy-true-almost-10-patriots-roster-2013-cleveland-browns-went-4-12/

bdog1321
01-07-2017, 05:39 PM
go raiders!

bdog1321
01-07-2017, 05:42 PM
fun fact: ~30% of the patriots current roster was on the 2013 browns

http://dailysnark.com/crazy-true-almost-10-patriots-roster-2013-cleveland-browns-went-4-12/

funner fact: only 4 of the 14 players named in that article are actually on the patriots roster

The One
01-07-2017, 08:02 PM
49ers fired Trent Baalke and Chip Kelly. They are in the process of interviewing Josh McDaniels. Best news I've seen since they fired Harbaugh. Now if only owners could be removed. ;)

Hugh
01-07-2017, 09:00 PM
Sorry, Hulky. No way to overcome that kind of QB play. Just a brutal turn of events for your team. They'll be back.

bludhoundz
01-07-2017, 09:43 PM
funner fact: only 4 of the 14 players named in that article are actually on the patriots roster

Yeah I think that was much earlier lol. Still interesting that they even were at some point

The Professor
01-08-2017, 12:18 AM
Not impressed by Seattle. Benefitted from a few bad calls that turned the game. If Atlanta doesn't lose rhythm, they are going to shred Seattle. Earl Thomas gone is just too much to overcome.

Hugh
01-08-2017, 12:19 AM
Go Hawks!!

Hulky
01-08-2017, 02:10 AM
Now that the Raiders are eliminated I'm rooting for KC to win this year

bdog1321
01-08-2017, 02:47 AM
really bummed by the ending to the raiders' season. you know if carr was out there he'd have been eating well tonight.

fuck seattle, but they'll lose next week hopefully so that's okay. i am also rooting for kc in the afc

Hugh
01-08-2017, 03:58 AM
Fuck you, bdog.

The One
01-08-2017, 03:45 PM
Go Hawks!!

Fuck Seattle Shithawks. :)

Hugh
01-08-2017, 04:25 PM
Hi, TO. How's it going? Good to hear from you.
I won't respond to any football comments until the Niners are an actual team again.
:)

The Cheat
01-08-2017, 05:33 PM
Fuck Seattle Shithawks. :)

fuck seattle

All of this.

Texans vs Raiders was a spit in the face to playoff football. So was this Pitt vs Miami game.

Now pitt vs KC next week...that will be good.

Da Gyps
01-08-2017, 05:37 PM
Gypsy=Served

Haters can blow me.

Da Gyps
01-08-2017, 05:38 PM
Steelers are rollin

Hugh
01-08-2017, 05:43 PM
And they're gonna roll right over your Chiefs.
Right, Gypsy?
High five!

The One
01-08-2017, 06:00 PM
Hi, TO. How's it going? Good to hear from you.
I won't respond to any football comments until the Niners are an actual team again.
:)

Hey Hugh. It's going. New year, same me. Good to see people are still frequenting these forums. Haha, fair enough. Give the 49ers a couple years and I think they will be relevant again. McDaniels would be the coach to do it I think.

Da Gyps
01-08-2017, 06:02 PM
And they're gonna roll right over your Chiefs.
Right, Gypsy?
High five!

lol

This game concerns me. I'm just honest and I don't think this KC team is great.

bludhoundz
01-08-2017, 06:22 PM
How about the giants D

Hugh
01-08-2017, 06:56 PM
Rogers is fucking ridiculous.

rainblade
01-08-2017, 06:56 PM
Houston at Patriots? Should be a good game.

The Professor
01-08-2017, 07:00 PM
Man, what a throw. Great defense by the Giants and still found the smallest of windows.

rainblade
01-08-2017, 07:02 PM
Go Green Bay! Fuk da Giants.

The Professor
01-08-2017, 07:10 PM
Holy shit rodgers!!!

bludhoundz
01-08-2017, 07:11 PM
Terrible defense on that play

rainblade
01-08-2017, 07:20 PM
"Fuk da Giants."

Translation: "Please don't let the Giants win, Green Bay."

:P

bludhoundz
01-08-2017, 07:57 PM
Trevin Wade has been shit all year man.

rainblade
01-08-2017, 08:49 PM
Good riddance, cahksuckahs.
lol jk bludz

Hulky
01-09-2017, 02:19 PM
Winner of KC/PIT is going to the SB same with SEA/ATL

bdog1321
01-09-2017, 03:34 PM
Fuck you, bdog.

fuck you bdog too hugh

bludhoundz
01-09-2017, 09:57 PM
Winner of KC/PIT is going to the SB same with SEA/ATL

if it's New England v Dallas i'll laugh at this post then cry because fuck that superbowl

i'm rooting for KC in the AFC and the winner of ATL/SEA in the NFC

Hulky
01-11-2017, 05:05 PM
lol the bills hired Sean McDermott, the guy with the most basic defensive scheme.

I guess the Bills defenders that couldn't understand Ryan's schemes are happy they don't have to think.

The Butcher
01-11-2017, 05:43 PM
I liked Sean

bdog1321
01-12-2017, 01:46 AM
L.a. is moving too fast.

Hulky
01-12-2017, 02:35 AM
San Diego instantly becomes a much nicer city, and LA becomes an even bigger shit hole.

Burnout278
01-12-2017, 03:33 AM
San Diego instantly becomes a much nicer city, and LA becomes an even bigger shit hole.

At least we know they won't be getting a Title anytime soon

The Cheat
01-12-2017, 09:13 PM
New logo sucks

Hulky
01-12-2017, 11:07 PM
new logo looks like the nazi ss but upsidedown

Spencer 555
01-13-2017, 08:53 PM
I love how much hate LA fans are givino to the NFL. Why would the NFL WANT to be in LA if LA hates them?

The Cheat
01-13-2017, 11:26 PM
Playoff game time is changing guys.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article126370789.html

Maverik
01-14-2017, 03:09 PM
Falcons > Seahawks
Pats > Texans
KC > Pitt

GB v DAL will be the closest game I think. I think DAL takes it though. Winner goes to SB, I would say, then lose to Pats.

bdog1321
01-14-2017, 04:42 PM
i've been thinking a lot about this cowboys packers matchup. i think dallas wins this game about 7/10 of the time. they are just the better team. there has been a lot of talk lately about how the cowboys' rookies will falter in the playoffs, how things are different, how they'll see different looks and confusing formations and things. some of this is true, a lot of bullshit. yes, the playoff stage is bigger. but like half of the cowboys' regular season games were in prime time, so they're no strangers to the spotlight. and there are a lot of players left from the 2014 playoff run, you can bet they'll be giving the younger guys all the help they need to prepare.

that's another point of mine: the cowboys are preparing. they're getting better all the time. they're by far the healthiest team going into the playoffs.

the packers' hopes are pinned on one guy. and he's extraordinary, but that's not how you win consistently, especially in the playoffs, which is why i think his playoff career hasn't been that successful outside of the super bowl year, despite how great he is as a qb. i said 7/10 times the cowboys win, because they're undeniably the better team. but RODGERS GOD MODE can be too much for anyone to beat. that's what i'm scared of.

people keep saying the packers are a different team than before. no they're not. rodgers is just playing better. that defense is still prone to being shredded, especially by an offense like dallas. the packers went like 0-5 against top 10 offenses this year. we have to stop ONE GUY. they have to deal with our whole team.

another thing that annoys me is all the talk about how defensive coordinators will confuse the rookies in the playoffs. what a weak load of bullshit man, it's as if they're saying there's a whole section of their playbook they didn't use the first time around when they got absolutely annihilated, that could have disrupted dallas' star rookies, because they didn't feel like winning that game or something. and, supposing that this ridiculous hypothetical was true for one moment, if there were any two rookies who have proven almost-immune to this kind of trickery, it's elliott and prescott.

so yeah, i'm scared of RODGERS GOD MODE. but i'm confident we're the better team, and if we play up to par, we will win this game. i'd think rational packers fans would be a lot more afraid than any cowboys fan. there are a lot of cheeseheads out there with overinflated confidence in their team because of rodgers' past GOD MODE games, but if we're being real, it would scare the shit out of me to know that my whole chance of winning relied on one guy playing out of his mind. that goes for packers players too.

i guess that's how i had to be with romo for so long.

Hugh
01-14-2017, 05:12 PM
I believe in my Seahawks today. Big performance from the LoB and Russell will a bring some magic.
He might even throw it to Jimmy Graham, but I wouldn't bet on it.

The Professor
01-14-2017, 05:59 PM
There you go Hugh.

The Professor
01-14-2017, 06:01 PM
What a great start for Seattle. Chopped off almost 9 minutes of clock and scored a TD. I know it's barely their first possession but it kinda feels super important already for Atlanta.

bludhoundz
01-14-2017, 06:11 PM
man, Atlanta's offense is so good

This is gonna be a good game, Seattle came out swingin

Hugh
01-14-2017, 07:09 PM
Why are Troy Aikman's eyes always so fucking red? He's on tv with totally bloodshot eyes every time I see him lately. Has he never heard of eye drops? It's weird.

bdog1321
01-14-2017, 07:56 PM
Thought the Falcons would win and didn't think it would be relatively close but damn this is domination

The Professor
01-14-2017, 08:29 PM
So...Earl Thomas for Defensive Player of the Year?

Hulky
01-14-2017, 08:59 PM
Sucks Kyle Shanahan probably gets tapped to coach in SF, be cool to see this ATL team stick around together a couple years

Hugh
01-14-2017, 09:15 PM
Yeah, got our asses kicked. Frustrating to watch Seattle blow oppurtunities like this. Shit division but we couldn't secure the 2 seed even though it was right there. Can't figure out how to get Jimmy Graham consistently featured in the offense even though we have a franchise QB and he catches everything thrown to him. Wilson has been a mess all year because the line is a tire fire and his clock is broken. They don't value protecting him at all, even though every other play Seattle runs is a broken, backyard, offscript circus show because we have no time to let anything develop. They have no offensive line. That money is spent on offensive weapons we simply can't use. It's frustrating.
Defense kept us in most games until Earl went down, but he's too big a loss to overcome in the playoffs against elite teams. He's the best for a reason.
I give full credit to the Falcons. Called a brilliant game and we couldn't slow that offense down. They kicked ass.

The Cheat
01-14-2017, 09:51 PM
Thought the Falcons would win and didn't think it would be relatively close but damn this is domination

Same here. I'm so fucking happy Seattle is gone. Legit don't care who wins NFC now. I mean i hope either Dallas or Atlanta wins the whole thing but if GB makes it, then that is ok.

Yeah, got our asses kicked. Frustrating to watch Seattle blow oppurtunities like this. Shit division but we couldn't secure the 2 seed even though it was right there. Can't figure out how to get Jimmy Graham consistently featured in the offense even though we have a franchise QB and he catches everything thrown to him. Wilson has been a mess all year because the line is a tire fire and his clock is broken. They don't value protecting him at all, even though every other play Seattle runs is a broken, backyard, offscript circus show because we have no time to let anything develop. They have no offensive line. That money is spent on offensive weapons we simply can't use. It's frustrating.
Defense kept us in most games until Earl went down, but he's too big a loss to overcome in the playoffs against elite teams. He's the best for a reason.
I give full credit to the Falcons. Called a brilliant game and we couldn't slow that offense down. They kicked ass.

A true superfan would blame the refs and be much, much more butthurt. What a let down from hugh.

Also no road team has won yet.

KBHoleN1
01-15-2017, 12:34 AM
Why does Dion Lewis talk like an auctioneer?

bdog1321
01-15-2017, 02:30 PM
I'm ready

Da Gyps
01-15-2017, 02:54 PM
I'm ready

Should be a hell of a game.

bludhoundz
01-15-2017, 03:14 PM
cowboys are gonna win

Da Gyps
01-15-2017, 03:21 PM
cowboys are gonna win

Jinxhard 2: Jinx Harder.

I'm actually predicting the Packers to win a close one.

bdog1321
01-15-2017, 04:18 PM

Yeah but you're a turdnugget

Sanosuke
01-15-2017, 04:37 PM
Wilson is gonna have to play better next year and actually be a threat throwing the football with frequent success and outside of "well he can run" if Seattle wants to be successful at this point.

The Cheat
01-15-2017, 04:46 PM
Wilson is gonna have to play better next year and actually be a threat throwing the football with frequent success and outside of "well he can run" if Seattle wants to be successful at this point.

But...But...Fuck Seattle?

Da Gyps
01-15-2017, 05:52 PM
Rodgers is gonna rofl this defense.

Da Gyps
01-15-2017, 05:57 PM
Revising prediction. GB 42 Dal 24.

KBHoleN1
01-15-2017, 06:00 PM
I don't think Dallas's defense can do more than slow down the GB passing game. The Dallas O has to hold the ball and burn clock and score TDs if they have a chance. Trying to substitute after 2 defensive snaps against Rodgers doesn't help.

The Cheat
01-15-2017, 06:02 PM
Or send in a goon to take out Rogers. That is what i'd do.

This game is already pissing me off. I want Dallas to win badly but that isn't going to happen I feel. Damn. I mean I don't hate GB but if I had to pick i'd like Dallas.

I know it is early...but you can just feel it.

Edit: 14-3. Ball game

Spencer 555
01-15-2017, 06:19 PM
Rodgers Baby!

Da Gyps
01-15-2017, 06:28 PM
Dallas has nothing for this battle tested GB team.

rainblade
01-15-2017, 06:29 PM
I eagerly await bdog's tears.

Da Gyps
01-15-2017, 06:32 PM
I eagerly await bdog's tears.

I've got a bottle underneath him.

Da Gyps
01-15-2017, 06:43 PM
Hey cheat, eat a bag of dicks.

rainblade
01-15-2017, 06:55 PM
Hey cheat, eat a bag of dicks.

Right? He's a whiny little cunt.
/mob mentality trolllllolol

Da Gyps
01-15-2017, 07:00 PM
Right? He's a whiny little cunt.
/mob mentality trolllllolol

Nice black text.

I was calling him out here for negging me to stop my Cowboy troll posts. Game MIGHT be turning. I hope it does just so it is more interesting to watch.

The Professor
01-15-2017, 07:00 PM
Claiborne needs to watch out, that's two holds he has gotten away with. Made up for the lame hands to the face call though. Hopefully Dallas can waste clock and score here.

Hugh
01-15-2017, 07:13 PM
But...But...Fuck Seattle?

I'd say fuck your team, but you're too much of a pussy to root for one.

Maverik
01-15-2017, 07:45 PM
Dallas just looks like its getting out-coached

halftime adjustments look better on O at least

Maverik
01-15-2017, 07:46 PM
wow

jinxed the fuck out of Dak there

Da Gyps
01-15-2017, 07:46 PM
Well that was fucking brutal.

bludhoundz
01-15-2017, 07:48 PM
put in romo

KBHoleN1
01-15-2017, 07:51 PM
If that pass was intended for Beasley it was thrown short and too far up the field. Beasley is moving back from the line to create space for that pass and Dak threw it towards the line, and the ball was going to bounce a foot in front of him. Just awful.

The Professor
01-15-2017, 08:30 PM
I'm scared. Can Dallas actually stop Rodgers?

Da Gyps
01-15-2017, 08:36 PM
I'm scared. Can Dallas actually stop Rodgers?

If I were a Dallas fan I'd be nervous. Really enjoying this game now since I'm neutral.

The Professor
01-15-2017, 08:42 PM
Fucking Anthony Brown.

Da Gyps
01-15-2017, 08:45 PM
Y'all just got away with one there.

Da Gyps
01-15-2017, 08:46 PM
Wow that kick was close.

KBHoleN1
01-15-2017, 08:52 PM
Well, I'm really glad we saved that timeout. Totally more important to have that than an extra down.

Da Gyps
01-15-2017, 08:57 PM
Aaron Rodgers the god. GG.

KBHoleN1
01-15-2017, 09:01 PM
Fucking shit.

Da Gyps
01-15-2017, 09:03 PM
Fucking shit.

Gut punch basically.

Hugh
01-15-2017, 09:05 PM
Great game. Rodgers gonna Rodgers.

Da Gyps
01-15-2017, 09:07 PM

I think the Packers are the best hope to beat NE.

rainblade
01-15-2017, 09:21 PM
Good game doe.

Sorry, bdizzy.

Da Gyps
01-15-2017, 09:43 PM
Damn Big Ben is ridiculous. Thought they were gonna sack him there.

Serge
01-15-2017, 09:50 PM

If only Dallas had a multiple Pro Bowl QB who could take over a game like that. Shame.

trololol

Mantis
01-15-2017, 09:54 PM
Serge trying his best to trigger bdog haha. Dak played a hell of a game.

Game of inches.

Da Gyps
01-15-2017, 10:00 PM
This is such a nervous pee game for me.

rainblade
01-15-2017, 10:17 PM
I watched that ball float right into his hands.

bdog1321
01-15-2017, 10:20 PM
I'll preface this by saying I'm not saying the refs influenced the outcome or anything because no one play can be the deciding factor like that.

But that pi call was bullshit man

Mantis
01-15-2017, 10:28 PM
It was technically the right call, but still kind of ticky tack and usually wouldn't get called.

Da Gyps
01-15-2017, 10:31 PM
Offensive plays ran approx.

Steelers 3294349382
Chiefs 10

KBHoleN1
01-15-2017, 10:31 PM
We got away with some holds in the secondary earlier in the game though. I don't think the officiating really hurt us.

Maverik
01-15-2017, 10:39 PM
I wanted to call GB, but didn't have the sack size.

Gypsy's sack is way bigger than mine.

rainblade
01-15-2017, 10:39 PM
I'll preface this by saying I'm not saying the refs influenced the outcome or anything because no one play can be the deciding factor like that.

But that pi call was bullshit man

Pretty sure Dallas didn't get a critical PI call that they should have, too. Crazy game, regardless.

Mantis
01-15-2017, 10:42 PM
How do you fumble when nobody hits you? haha

Even I wouldn't do that.

Da Gyps
01-15-2017, 10:44 PM
How do you fumble when nobody hits you? haha

Even I wouldn't do that.

My reaction to that play was not very nice.

Hugh
01-15-2017, 11:27 PM
I wanted to call GB, but didn't have the sack size.

Gypsy's sack is way bigger than mine.

It was a great game. Speaking of huge sacks, Prescott showed his once again by coming back when things looked bad. Rodgers has been in a video game zone for a couple months now. When they went up 21-10 I thought things were about to get ugly, but Dallas got a few stops and Prescott stepped up. If there were any questions left, he answered them. It just came down to Rodgers making another impossible pass on 3rd and 20.
Speaking again of huge sacks, Aaron Rogers has a moose bag.

bludhoundz
01-16-2017, 12:08 AM
that hold on the 2 point conversion was huge. having to use that timeout too

Da Gyps
01-16-2017, 12:19 AM
that hold on the 2 point conversion was huge. having to use that timeout too

Ended up not mattering but that was so Andy Reid.

Also fuck Pittsburgh. I am starting to understand Mantis's intense hatred.

Hugh
01-16-2017, 12:42 AM
I know it was a blatant hold, but Harrison wouldn't have gotten near Smith with the angle he took. He took himself out of the play. Alex Smith didn't even have to step up.
I don't know how the ref throws that flag, all things considered. I know they're trained to forget situation and just call what they see, but Jesus. It was a 2 point conversion, not just a 10 yard penalty. It literally decided the game.
A stupid hold and a stupid call. Both the tackle and the ref are professionals who know what's at stake and should know better. I fucking hate seeing games end like that.

Da Gyps
01-16-2017, 01:05 AM
Yeah pretty much. Go Patriots.

bludhoundz
01-16-2017, 01:40 AM
I'm rooting for the Falcons to win it all. The other 3 teams have a combined 14 Superbowl rings, I'm sick of seeing all of them win.

rainblade
01-16-2017, 03:01 AM
I'm rooting for the Falcons to win it all. The other 3 teams have a combined 14 Superbowl rings, I'm sick of seeing all of them win.

I bet you'd have been fine with #3 for Eli. ;)

Hugh
01-16-2017, 04:45 AM
As long as it's the NFC. Always liked Matt Ryan, Julio Jones is awesome and I think Dan Quinn is a really good coach. And they've never won it all.
But Aaron Rodgers needs another ring to cement his legacy. Tom Brady might be the GOAT or The Man or a wizard/warlock/witch/whatever the fuck people want to call him and I won't argue. He's amazing. However, Aaron Rodgers is the best QB I've ever seen. I've never seen anyone make the throws he makes, move like he moves, do the things he does regularly. Never. He's ridiculous. I believe one day most everyone will agree Rodgers was the best to ever play the position, even though he won't have all the records. Sitting on the bench behind Favre for 3 years made sure of that. But he needs at least 1 more ring.

Spencer 555
01-16-2017, 05:54 AM
Packers or falcons. Anyone but the pats tbh

Sanosuke
01-16-2017, 05:56 AM

Gypsy is a prophet

bdog1321
01-16-2017, 08:14 AM
I knew it was a bad omen when I went to buy a Prescott or Elliott jersey pregame and they were all sold out.

Mantis
01-16-2017, 09:10 AM
I want the Falcons to win it all. Hoping the AFC championship game is struck with the plague. Just kidding... but seriously...

Sanosuke
01-16-2017, 09:23 AM
The Falcons winning the SB would be pretty great. Matt Ryan I think is a SB deserving QB. Not really a HOF type guy but he's very good. I don't think a lot of NFL Fans appreciate Matt Ryan's steady excellence at one of the hardest positions in football.

Sanosuke
01-16-2017, 09:57 AM
Earl Thomas is a moron for trying to take a shot at Brady when his team is home and Brady isn't. Especially because he said something about an easy route to playoffs... Cardinals, 49ers and Rams? Seriously? Pretty sure that's equally as easy as NE's division.

The Professor
01-16-2017, 11:45 AM
Pretty sure Dallas didn't get a critical PI call that they should have, too. Crazy game, regardless.

Yeah, on Witten. Dallas would have had the ball on the 2 or 1 with first down. Instead they settled for a FG. They might still not score a TD, and even if they do, who knows what changes with play calling and what not the rest of the way. Still, if they get the extra 4 points, makes you wonder since they lost by 3.

bludhoundz
01-16-2017, 12:04 PM
I think he meant against Dallas.

One thing that I've noticed about the league lately and this isn't a direct shot at any team but it's something that annoys me. When a specific unit on a team gains a reputation, the refs kinda start to go along with it. To avoid the idea of bias here's an example. The Giants secondary got a reputation for being really good at coverage, and so they got away with some penalties in the secondary. I've noticed this happens a ton with offensive lines and holding too - if they're known as a poor line, holding gets called more, and good lines get away with it more. So it's like the reputation compounds with the referee calls which is kind of stupid. I can name a ton of examples but it's pretty much league-wide and I don't see one offender that stands out more than others

Hugh
01-16-2017, 12:06 PM
Earl Thomas is a moron for trying to take a shot at Brady when his team is home and Brady isn't. Especially because he said something about an easy route to playoffs... Cardinals, 49ers and Rams? Seriously? Pretty sure that's equally as easy as NE's division.

I usually ignore what Earl says or tweets. He's pretty weird, plus he's probably going stir crazy not being able to play.
He sure can play, though.

KBHoleN1
01-16-2017, 12:53 PM
Man, Antonio Brown is not a smart fellow. He livestreamed the postgame locker room on Facebook, including Mike Tomlin's speech about getting ready for the Patriots and how he wanted everyone to keep a low profile this week and stay off of social media, so as not to rile up the Pats. Several times the comment was made that this week needed to be focused on the team and their preparations, and to avoid causing outside distractions. And the dude was livestreaming it on FB. What?

rainblade
01-16-2017, 12:56 PM
I think he meant against Dallas.

Nope. Context.

One thing that I've noticed about the league lately and this isn't a direct shot at any team but it's something that annoys me. When a specific unit on a team gains a reputation, the refs kinda start to go along with it. To avoid the idea of bias here's an example. The Giants secondary got a reputation for being really good at coverage, and so they got away with some penalties in the secondary. I've noticed this happens a ton with offensive lines and holding too - if they're known as a poor line, holding gets called more, and good lines get away with it more. So it's like the reputation compounds with the referee calls which is kind of stupid. I can name a ton of examples but it's pretty much league-wide and I don't see one offender that stands out more than others

I'm sure it happens in every sport. I notice it a lot in basketball. Lebron James is a good example.

Man, Antonio Brown is not a smart fellow. He livestreamed the postgame locker room on Facebook, including Mike Tomlin's speech about getting ready for the Patriots and how he wanted everyone to keep a low profile this week and stay off of social media, so as not to rile up the Pats. Several times the comment was made that this week needed to be focused on the team and their preparations, and to avoid causing outside distractions. And the dude was livestreaming it on FB. What?

Not a good move. Patriots are psychological af.

KBHoleN1
01-16-2017, 05:18 PM
If Garrett calls a timeout on the last drive instead of having Dak spike the ball, the game at least goes to OT (assuming Bailey still makes the kick). Cowboys wasted 15 seconds running up to spike the ball and waste a down, and they weren't even in field goal range at the time. The next play was the 7-yarder where Beasley got out of bounds. Could have been 2nd and 3 with almost a minute on the clock. Then you have 2 plays to pick up 3 yards for a first down, and you get another set of downs to get closer/throw for the endzone AND run the clock out. We spiked the ball to save the timeout (that didn't prove useful), screwed ourselves out of a down, and left 35 seconds on the clock (plus 2 GB timeouts) for the game-winning drive.

And I know there's an element of hindsight to critiquing clock management, but in the moment when we completed the pass to Witten I was yelling timeout at the TV, and I posted about my dislike of the decision directly after that drive.

The Professor
01-16-2017, 05:39 PM
I don't really blame Garrett. I get the reasoning and if had led to a TD we aren't talking about it. We lost to Aaron freaking Rodgers on one of the most incredible throws and catches I've ever seen in a clutch situation. On top of that, Mason Crosby hit 3 FGs over 50 yards (one was a freeze kick) which is also pretty dam good for a kicker.

It was a great game and we just happened to come up short.

The One
01-17-2017, 12:53 AM
As long as the Steelers don't win the Superbowl I'm a happy camper.

Burnout278
01-17-2017, 01:17 AM
As long as the Steelers don't win the Superbowl I'm a happy camper.

As long as the 49'......ahahahahahaha Don't have to worry about that for a few years

Spencer 555
01-17-2017, 09:28 AM
@Cliche what happens if the steelers leaked that shit on purpose to distract the pats players and make them think they're stupid.

The Cheat
01-17-2017, 08:32 PM
As long as the Pats don't win the Superbowl I'm a happy camper.

Fixed it for ya.

Here is a question. What if the Pats were in the NFC? Does Brady still become Brady? Do they win all the SB's they did?

rainblade
01-17-2017, 10:52 PM
@Cliche what happens if the steelers leaked that shit on purpose to distract the pats players and make them think they're stupid.

This sounds like some Trumpean conspiracy theory shit. Is this really how your brain works?

loljk bro. kinda.

rainblade
01-18-2017, 03:18 PM
http://cdn.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/730195/85242054.jpg

Spencer 555
01-18-2017, 05:00 PM
This sounds like some Trumpean conspiracy theory shit. Is this really how your brain works?

loljk bro. kinda.

Lmfao dude, I can't tell if you can't tell that I was joking. -_-

Hulky
01-18-2017, 05:13 PM
Steelers or Patriots both have too many SB wins.
Packers win and Rodgers has more SB wins than Favre which would suck.
Falcons winning is the best possible outcome, nobody will care about them before or after and they fall back to upper average mediocrity once Kyle Shanahan leaves.

Spencer 555
01-18-2017, 06:01 PM
Favre used to be my fav quarterback along with elway. But fuxk those rednecks. Aaron Rodgers is the best man. Go packers!

Hulky
01-18-2017, 07:24 PM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/ac/17/e8/ac17e809a2302e4309dff943e85f8f13.jpg

The Cheat
01-18-2017, 08:02 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B7vuoTtCIAAhWLi.png

So AFC is pretty much three teams. How fucking weak is that?

rainblade
01-19-2017, 02:06 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B7vuoTtCIAAhWLi.png

So AFC is pretty much three teams. How fucking weak is that?

Three people, with Flacco thrown in for flavor.

Hulky
01-19-2017, 02:20 PM
72: Staubach / Griese
73: Kilmer / Griese
74: Tarkenton / Griese
75: Tarkenton / Bradshaw
76: Staubach / Bradshaw
77: Tarkenton / Stabler
78: Staubach / Morton
79: Staubach / Bradshaw
80: Ferragamo / Bradshaw
81: Jaworski / Plunkett
82: Montana / Anderson
83: Theismann / Woodley
84: Theismann / Plunkett
85: Montana / Marino
86:McMahon / Eason
87: Simms / Elway
88: Williams / Elway
89: Montana / Esiason
90: Montana / Elway
91: Hosteler / Kelly
92: Rypien / Kelly
93: Aikman / Kelly
94: Aikman / Kelly
95: Young / Humphries
96: Aikman / Odonnell
97: Favre / Bledsoe
98: Favre / Elway
99: Chandler / Elway

and Jeff Hostetler was Phil Simms backup, but Hostetler won the SB that year, so basically a repeat there with Simms but technically not. Also Stabler was in like all the playoffs to get to the superbowl against the Steelers so almost repeats there too.

Da Gyps
01-19-2017, 08:01 PM
Good quarterbacks make it to the super bowl. MIND BLOWN.

rainblade
01-20-2017, 02:11 AM
hehe I was waiting for that one

Da Gyps
01-20-2017, 08:52 PM
I think we established that QBs are important in this thread a few years ago (took us awhile!). Maybe Hugh remembers exactly when it was.

Hugh
01-20-2017, 09:34 PM
Gypsy's on a roll.:)