Page 18 of 147 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118 ... LastLast

Thread: For NBA fans

Westbrook is getting paid the same whether Durant leaves or not. The NBA has max contracts and he's definitely getting one

Quote Originally Posted by Lex View Post
    Westbrook is getting paid the same whether Durant leaves or not. The NBA has max contracts and he's definitely getting one
    Sure sure. Can OKC afford them both?

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    Ya

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    salary cap is jumping a ton. most teams can afford 3 max players easy.

Quote Originally Posted by manonfire101 View Post
    Pay attention to Minnesota, because a similar thing might happen to them very soon. Their best players are 20 year olds, and you don't win a lot when your best players are 20, but in a few years they could be very good.
    Minnesota only has the 2 players though. GS hit on 3 picks. This #5 pick is huge for them this year. I honestly think if Embid is healthy then the Sixers have better young talent and positioning than the Wolves will, but I'm biased as a sixers fan.

Cavs need to keep Kevin Love off the floor for the rest of the series if that's the only way they're gonna win basketball games.

Quote Originally Posted by Greendaybum5 View Post
    Minnesota only has the 2 players though. GS hit on 3 picks. This #5 pick is huge for them this year. I honestly think if Embid is healthy then the Sixers have better young talent and positioning than the Wolves will, but I'm biased as a sixers fan.
    You're forgetting the depth of solid role players and guys on the T-wolves that could be solid NBA contributors. The sixers have ish smith and that tweener shooter who's name escapes me right now.

I like rubio, dieng, Lavine and Bjelica. Even Shabazz Muhamed has shown some flashes on offense (his defense is putrid)

Actually now that I look at it, the 6ers do have some nice pieces. Maybe Im underrating what stauskas and grant can be. Robert Covington was the role player I was initially thinking of for the record.

Also think Embiid is far from a guaranteed thing and Okafor needs a lot of work mentally. I like Noel and I'm pretty sure Im going to like simmons .

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer 555 View Post
    Actually now that I look at it, the 6ers do have some nice pieces. Maybe Im underrating what stauskas and grant can be. Robert Covington was the role player I was initially thinking of for the record.

Also think Embiid is far from a guaranteed thing and Okafor needs a lot of work mentally. I like Noel and I'm pretty sure Im going to like simmons .
    Stauskas blows. Covington is a good scorer off the bench on a good team, not an NBA starter. Jah is fine he just wants to win and the guy can flat out score. Noel will be traded at some point as I don't seem them being so eager to move on from Jah. Ish Smith I think is free agent, but he's not a bad backup PG. I'm not as concerned with who Sixers PG is next year as Simmons will prob run a lot of point on offense. Just want them to go out and start signing some 3 pt shooters. Would love Batum, but that's not gonna happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Greendaybum5 View Post
    Stauskas blows. Covington is a good scorer off the bench on a good team, not an NBA starter. Jah is fine he just wants to win and the guy can flat out score. Noel will be traded at some point as I don't seem them being so eager to move on from Jah. Ish Smith I think is free agent, but he's not a bad backup PG. I'm not as concerned with who Sixers PG is next year as Simmons will prob run a lot of point on offense. Just want them to go out and start signing some 3 pt shooters. Would love Batum, but that's not gonna happen.
    I like stauskas, but it's probably because he's canadian. I can see him becoming a bench scorer at some point in his career. Agreed on Covington, he's flawed on defense because he doesn't really have the size to guard 4s and he's way too slow to guard 3s but he fits as a stretch big on offense and isn't complete trash on defense at any position.

Completely disagree with u on okafor, I think he really hurt the sixers last year both on defense and offense and he needs to learn a lot on and off the court. I felt like the 6ers were much more promising 2 years ago then they were last year because Noel at the C was playing unselfish ball. To me Okafor is an old school big with one of the best post games in the league, but he's undersized atm and has 0 court vision. He absolutely needs to add the pass to his game and a ton of muscle/conditioning to bang with the big boys of the NBA. Honestly think his ego will prevent him from becoming a great player. Jonas Valanciunas is kinda similar in the sense that they're both old school bigs, but I feel JV was able to become what he's hopefully (crosses fingers) becoming by taking a backseat on a good team and working hard to develop his game. My point is JV is unselfish and is reaching his full potential now after 4 years of development despite being an "obsolete" player in the league with great skill. I don't see Okafor being unselfish on that team because he will feel like he has to carry it and he's going to wear himself out trying to play hero ball. He did it ALOT last year and he appeared to be frustrated with his teammates 90% of the games and he was probably the worst player on the court despite scoring a ton. I'm not saying Okafor doesn't have a ton of potential, I just think he needs a lot of time to develop and the 6ers are getting to the point where they might get impatient, and okafor himself doesn't seem patient either. Also don't confuse this with me saying JV has more potential then Okafor, because I know Okafor is a balerina with a ton more athleticism and speed then JV.. JV is just way better at this point which makes me happy I can say something good about a raptor lol.

Also think you should be higher on Ish Smith, the dude isn't just a backup pg he broke out in a big way last year as a scorer and he's always been pretty athletic/defensively sound. I would be banking on Ish repeating/getting better next year alongside the young guns and hopefully earning the respect he deserves as a leader of that team. That team needs a leader so bad lol.

Thread Information