Quote Originally Posted by Gryph View Post
From what I've been reading, he failed it looooong before the news broke today and was in the process of a judicial appeal (he tested positive in spring training), and dropped it once MLB gave evidence / he got injured. He was basically taking something similar to water pills to dilute tests.

Looking back, I wonder if that's why the Yankees didn't resign him back then and just gave half assed excuses as to why, when ARod was caught, they let Melky and Cano walk, who at the time, were ARod's best friends in clubhouse and some of his best friends in real life. Makes ya wonder if he started in 07/08' and someone there knew Melky, Cano, and ARod were doing something.

Have you read his statement? Anything could be an excuse, but according to his statement he didn't even test positive for a PED. Plenty of diuretics are illegal because of how they mask substances, and he tested positive for one of those diuretics. Obviously it doesn't make him innocent, but there's plenty of reasons someone can accidentally or otherwise take a diuretic and not know that it will show up and get him banned from baseball.

And again, I really don't have an opinion on this, I'm more or less devil's advocating but I'm pretty neutral... as it doesn't really matter why.