Quote Originally Posted by bludhoundz View Post
sounds like a nightmare unless you'd trade living in a place where people are friendly for winning at sports for 15 years

not that hockey is relevant anyway though
Hockey is definitely relevant, but this is a hockey town. It's not big in a lot of places though, so you're right about that. Everyone's nuts about the Bruins here.

And it is a nightmare if you're not from here and you're around a high profile sporting event. The one exception is the Patriots, they don't play in Boston. They're like way the fuck out in the middle of the state. All joking aside, it's just sort of the culture of the city. It's a rowdy place and I learned to tell people to fuck off at a really young age. Don't get me wrong, if you came here and just went out and saw your home team in any sport play any Boston team you'd 99% have an awesome night and have no problems. If you're a local and you're going to the non-touristy places like me you'll likely find trouble pretty quick. If you go to where I'm from and go into a local bar you'd never go into if you're from out of town it's going to be a ton of dudes in scally caps who like if you saw on the street you'd be like "I don't trust that guy." I got into a fist fight with this guy about six years ago at this bar called the Quencher (that's closed now) and after I cold cocked him he bought me a beer. Like I said, for the really old school locals it's just sort of our culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Madamos View Post
Being a huge Yankees fan, fuck boston. But then again, fuck LA even more.
Remember that time the only team in baseball history blew a 3-0 in the ACLS lead and they're still the only ones to ever do it and it was the most historic fuck up in the sport? Boston remembers.