Baseball stadiums are almost all going that route. I think its kinda nice to have the stadium rejuvenated and modernized. New generations of fans want craft beers, local/gourmet restaurants, daycare and various other family activities in the stadium. The days where you go to a stadium with your family to simply watch a baseball game are gone, so you're seeing stadiums add things like this to the stadiums to draw more casual fans and families.

The blue jays ownership actually has the most money in baseball if we look at the networth of the rogers family (much more then John Henry or Hal Steinbrenner) and there exists a laundry list of things that need to be improved on the stadium but ownership simply refuses to budge on.

This ownership bought the team in 1995 for pennies proceeded to destroy the team that had just won 2 world series back to back and dominate most of the 1980s. From their they continually missed the playoffs for 20+ years and swiftly undid the team after making the playoffs for 2 measly years in 2015 and 16

In 2005, Rogers purchased the Skydome renamed it the Rogers centre, and have not made any notable renovations or refurbishments since then. They've sold out to maximize profits at almost every possible chance, they're in the process of gutting the team's payroll and are butting heads with our team president because he's trying to get them to spend money on needed stadium renovations and refurbishments. The stadium is (I believe) one of if not the oldest stadiums in baseball not to have undergone any serious renovations, and their are whispers that theyre looking to sell the team. Makes sense, because the estimated minimum reno costs for the stadium are in excess of 500 million dollars... so we'll see what happens to the team. It would be absolutely criminal of rogers to sell the team at this time, but it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

Here are two interesting articles about stadium fan experiences.

https://www.reviewtrackers.com/fan-s...ball-stadiums/

https://www.fangraphs.com/tht/introd...erience-index/