Page 183 of 193 FirstFirst ... 83133173179180181182183184185186187 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,830 of 1935

Thread: For MLB fans

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

1B: Shaw, assuming last year was fluke and previous two were what they are getting
    2B: Biggio
    SS: Bo
    3B: Vlad

seems like a good infield doesn't it though?
    Grichuk was a pretty underrated OF last year and Gurriel has been floated as someone of value in trade speculation.

Ryu was awesome last year, Shoemaker seems like a good #2 and Chase Anderson and Tanner Roark seem like high 3 low 4 ERA type dudes.

Then if they trade for David Price back that seems like a good rotation, especially if they got power in a bat like Edwin at DH (and Giles actually lives up to potential as closer)

Not enough depth behind those guys, and defense is gonna be a problem. All 4 of those infielders are below average defenders especially vlad who is piss poor at 3b. We don't even have a center fielder.

The pitching thankfully looks much improved, but I don't see it as more than a stopgap between now and the future rotation. We don't have too many years or dollars committed to this rotation, so I'm happy with it.

Jays still have a ways to go. If we can get some massive improvement defensively from our infield and one of our CF prospects hits, we could be in the running for a wild card. Yankees, Red Sox and Rays are just too good to consider a division win right now.

I think the plan is to be a fringe team the next 2-3 years, competitive, but not a real contender. And then if all goes well, really invest and go for it after that.

I would like the Jays to trade for Price btw. If we absorb that contract and get a couple prospects in that deal, it's a win win.

It's amazing to me looking at some MLB trades, how a sport completely ruled by analytics has so many completely lopsided trades.

Is a huge part of these trades just shedding contracts or something?

It might be why the sport has a lot of lopsided trades. This metric says the player is okay, but this one says he's really good. These two are used to measure the same thing and reach very different conclusions. GM's can be pretty stupid as well. Like Jeff Bridich insisted on adding an opt out to Nolan Arenado's contract after he said he wanted to be a Rockie for life.

So many factors go into it Hulky. I can explain the logic of most trades if you have any in mind.

for example why did MIA trade Miguel Cabrera, Giancarlo Stanton, Christian Yelich?

surely being a good team in a market like Miami would be worth something

Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    for example why did MIA trade Miguel Cabrera, Giancarlo Stanton, Christian Yelich?

surely being a good team in a market like Miami would be worth something

Bout sums it up. Marlins ownership is all about maximum revenue return. If their team loses 25% of their total revenue income for players, well. Fuck em.

Looks like the Red Sox are gonna fire Alex Cora.

Thread Information