more.
Quote Originally Posted by Lord Shinok View Post
I pity those who are ragging on Elim just because he doesn't know Gandhi....don't you guys have better things to do? o,O

Pathetic. Can we get back to posting funny pictures???
Quote Originally Posted by Learz View Post
Don't worry, it's adding to the post count

Only, um, er... 61,000 more posts until we catch the RDT!
Quote Originally Posted by elimination View Post
Tell me who invented the tv.
He should be super famous........
And whatever I don't care, he's just a person who was famous and did some great things, I'll probably learn about him someday.
Lex, your pretty ignorant anyway, since you think you have to know everybody started in elementary and think that every single school teach's the exact same thing at the same year or somthing.

P.S and ima, YOU should know who my mom is, she's famous in my town.
Quote Originally Posted by I'malive24/7 View Post
The problem is elim, not one person specifically created television. It was a gradual thing, created by a multitude of scientific discoveries made by totally different people.

If you ask an Indian person, they'll probably debate that Gandhi was just a person, anyway.
Quote Originally Posted by bobo99 View Post
More than one person invented TV, so that question isn't really possible to anwser.

Google his name, Gandhi, educate yourself Elim. Then maybe you will know why so many people are ragging on you for not knowing who he is, and comparing him to people that didn't really do all that much.
And do you know who all of them are?
They should be world wide famous for making a huge thing in world history.
Your ignorant for not knowing all of them.
I don't care bobo, I hate education is annoying, I get it 8 hours a day, I don't want anythin to do with it at home at all really unless its home or a project.
I have no need to look up someone that is that famous, because I will probably learn about him whenever a history teacher brings him up in a lesson.
Quote Originally Posted by Lex View Post
The difference is, Gandhi did no invent some trivial electronic device, he liberated AN ENTIRE COUNTRY from british rule, without any sort of violence what so ever.
Lex can you read?
I didn't say no difference or asked for that.
I asked a question not what is the difference.
Quote Originally Posted by Rubbish View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Zander View Post
Hey, elim. Go into school tomorrow and tell people you don't know who Ghandi is. Tell your teachers, too.
Quote Originally Posted by Jehutyv.2.0 View Post
Well Christ. This just validates what I've heard about Texas.
Honestly Elim, you're talking about two completely different things.

-Abbe Giovanna Caselli - Invented the Pantelgraph
-Scientists May and Smith - Experimented with selenium and light
-George Carey - Put forward drawings for what he called a selenium camera that would allow people to see by electricity
-Scientists and engineers like Paiva, Figuier, and Senlecq were suggesting alternative designs for Telectroscopes
-Inventors Alexander Graham Bell and Thomas Edison theorize about telephone devices that transmit image as well as sound
-George Carey builds a rudimentary system with light-sensitive cells
-Sheldon Bidwell experiments with his Telephotography that was similiar to Bell's Photophone
-Paul Nipkow sends images over wires using a rotating metal disk technology calling it the electric telescope with 18 lines of resolution
-At the World's Fair in Paris, the first International Congress of Electricity was held. That is where Russian Constantin Perskyi made the first known use of the word "television."
And so on.... http://inventors.about.com/od/tstart...ision_Time.htm

Amazing what google can do, eh?
*facepalm*

Honestly elim, your arguments don't make sense. What Gandhi did saved lives, helped millions, maybe a billion people. Television is simply a convenience, not an incredible accomplishment. And no, I don't know the hundreds of names that helped contribute towards the creation of television.
I didn't ask what google can do.

I'm not comparing anything, I am asking an question.
And you fail to anwser it.
No, you didn't, but, I did anwser your question. Correct?
No, your question simply fails in the relevance department.

The truth of the matter is, you're trying to cover you lack of knowledge about one of the world's greatest men in history by asking questions about inventors of a trivial device that wasn't made by one man.
Quote Originally Posted by Wizzy` View Post
Ah man..Elim made me laugh. I lost so bad.
Quote Originally Posted by -57- View Post
Sorry but don't you think you're stretching it a bit much there?
I don't think so, I would definitely put him top 10.
Shit! Wizzy's right! Elim was just submitting it to us to make us laugh!
Not for the Indians.
I'm Indian?
Lack?
covering?
Do I care? No, you are covering the fact that schools across the globe learn about different things same things, both at certain times, different times.
Maybe I did learn about him and just forgot I don't know, I just don't recall nor never heard of the name.
Just like baby's start walking at different ages, I started when I was like 2 or 3, others start at 1 or so.
I just never learned or heard of him, that's all, it doesn't mean I won't ever get a lesson about him.
Did you learn about jesus when you were 3? if not Your ignorant.
Seriously get your facts STRAIGHT AND USE YOUR HEAD.
Look at what he did for the Indians. Now look at the population of India. Gandhi is damned great.
Quote Originally Posted by |AFO| View Post
Ghandi is a super hero... Liberated a whole country by himself.
Actually, i learned about Jesus the minute that my mind could begin to remember things...My dad's a minister.

Aside from that little tidbit, there's really nothing to argue about this post because I've beaten it more times than i care to remember in the past half hour.

BTW, as I already said, one shouldn't have to learn in school about something/someone as great as Gandhi...There are some things that you learn about pretty damn easily without school, and Gandhi's one of 'em.

EDIT: Elim, i would've signed my neg if you were a grey.
Exactly. He's like Captain India.

It's like how this kid in my Japanese class argues with my sixty year old native Japanese teacher about Japanese.
Ok.

I'm not Indian though...
Right, right. I guess if you're not black, liberating the slaves is no big whoop.
That's not true at all... Ghandi is irrelevant to a lot of people's lives. If school hadn't taught me who he was I wouldn't know about him. And if I were to forget about him tomorrow morning I have a feeling that my life would go on just fine.
Ima, you didn't beat none of my post's really.
You ignored the fact that people learn about things at differnet times, schools teach things at different times.
Plus you wouldn't learn about anyone famous really unless you did from school, a video, looked it up on good(which you can't unless you have heard of him)
Or was told by someone.
I just never heard of him, it doesn't mean I'm ignorant or anything lol, no one ever bothered to tell me about him, or anything, shouldn't blame me and flame me for somthing stupid.
So Texas schools are 5 years behind Maine schools?

Honestly, it's not that hard to find out about Gandhi.

@AFO: maybe you don't care, but there's well over a billion (BILLION) people that can thank Gandhi that they lead even somewhat decent lives.
You still think he's top ten in those people's lives? Not remotely close... but keep thinking that.
Tops Jesus.
Ima, I give up on you you seriously don't get the point.
EVERYONE LEARNS THINGS at different times, just because you learned pre-ap algebra in 8th grade(even though you you probably didn't) and I learn it in 10th grade doesn't mean I'm ignorant.
And before you start, no I'm not comparing him to math, I'm putting up an example.
Learn how to read please.
For them? Sure... But its not like they don't have gods. And those gods top Ghandi. And guess what? So does every person that made their birth possible... because without one they wouldn't be alive. Anyway.. You catch my drift. I could find more people that top Ghandi if ya want. Top ten people in the world!!!!1 is a ridiculous concept.
Quote Originally Posted by Jeffery View Post
It

Just

Means

You

Are

Slow

Quote Originally Posted by xEaglex View Post
Why did this thread become so unfunny?

What the hell, yo?
Its because people think Ghandi is a super-hero and should be known by all...

I say bring back the funny. Screw Ghandi.