C: Buster Posey - I wanted JT Realmuto and only Gryph would pick before my next pick, and Gryph always talks about how Catchers are overdrafted, so I was like okay I can grab Abreu and then get JT. Then Gryph took him and I was unprepared at Catcher plans outside of JT or Gary so I took Posey when ESPN said he was a reasonable pick.

1B: Jose Abreu - I didn't want to run back the Hosmer/Cabrera plan from last year, and I feel like CWS is on the upswing and perhaps gets traded to a contender late in the year?

2B: Brian Dozier - I wanted HRs not AVG this this year, and I wanted exposure to the Nationals lineup and I think Dozier could maybe bat behind Turner/Rendon/Soto so RBI opportunity?

3B: Manny Machado - He isn't a 3B yet, so I'm rolling with Devers in the RedSox lineup, but Machado is awesome and I'm happy to have him on my fantasy team again.

SS/UTIL: Corey Seagar & Carlos Correa - I felt these were BPA players and was kinda an issue taking them after round 1 Machado, but fuck it these guys are good and Seagar is off injury so maybe this plan comes to fruition a little bit down the line and my bench options have a little time to shine.

OF: Michael Brantley & George Springer & Kris Bryant (Depth Jackie Bradley) - I really liked Brantley last year and having him as my OF3 again is cool, and I got Springer back a year after his ADP rose and I think the Astros is still an elite lineup so having Springer and Correa seems good to me. Bryant is awesome too and Im comfortable having him lead this group of OFs. Jackie Bradley apparently completely changed his swing or something using JD Martinez's personal coach? I dunno changed approach and elite defense to stay in the lineup of a top lineup and it seems like a decent depth option.

RP: Kimbrel & Hader & LeClerc - I think this is the weakest RP group I've had in a long time, but a lot of upside. Hader might not get many SV opportunities and he throws so damn hard he might get hurt but seems good, LeClerc has velocity but iffy control, and Kimbrel doesn't have a team. Sick potential though maybe?

SP: Verlander & Strasburg & Bumgarner& Eovaldi & Arrieta & Rich Hill & Gausman
Top three I am happy with (last year's trio was Verlander/Bumgarner/Syndergaard so this isn't really all that different), the next tier is question marks. Eovaldi should rack up wins and had a good playoff run, Arrieta used to be something and the Phillies got better, Rich Hill has injury concerns but also on a good team, and Gausman is a rosterable option on the Braves who might be good.

Didn't list Cahill because I thought he was on the As still, so without that put him on waivers for a different player.