Thread: Fight Club

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I don't know if Diaz has that in him. The dude is a complete idiot. His interviews are painful to watch.

Conor is making an ass out of himself though. Curious to see what tantrum he throws if he loses this one too.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizzy View Post
    does anyone think it's possible Diaz and McGregor are just trying to put on the best show they can directed by Dana White? this stuff is ridiculous

i don't think that UFC is turning into WWE or even close to that, but it seems like a lot of drama has been going on pre-fight these days seemingly to build up viewership
    I think this is just McGregor's way of getting into his head, but it's not working like it did before because he doesn't have the 'invincibility' he did before. Honestly, though, the shit he's doing doesn't bother me that much because Diaz has been a piece of trash in the past. (Conor isn't being that ridiculous, is he? Diaz simply refuses to give him satisfaction from his taunts.) I'm of the opinion that Diaz was a bit gassed in the first fight, and more or less that he lucked the fuck out. You can tell that Diaz is afraid he'll lose to McGregor because he doesn't talk nearly the amount of shit he did before the first fight, and he has changed his training regimen considerably in order to prepare for this one. You can think, "Well, hey, he's just taking the title shot seriously," and I'm sure you're correct in that assumption. Regardless, his win should not have caused him to lose his arrogance like he has unless he got rocked pretty bad in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverik View Post
    I don't know if Diaz has that in him. The dude is a complete idiot. His interviews are painful to watch.

Conor is making an ass out of himself though. Curious to see what tantrum he throws if he loses this one too.
    Diaz is beyond dumb. That is part of why I think McGregor is going to shit him out tonight. We have to remember the kinds of fighters these guys are. Diaz is a stupid blockhead puncher who beat McGregor on a short-notice fight. McGregor is a seemingly intelligent guy, an MMA prodigy with proven skills and knowledge, and he had to fight someone who he knew relatively nothing about. Smart guys tend to need to put a lot more into their fight preparation than does a dipshit like Diaz, so that they don't overthink their approach or their opponent.

To be fair to Diaz, though, he's really changed himself around. If this new (somewhat modest) approach to the sport is genuine, he could surprise me tonight. If he knows he's stupid, which he probably does, then it seems like he at least hired someone who isn't to train him. You have to respect when someone accepts they're not doing things the right way, and then they change in order to improve despite their own reputation.
    Last edited by rainblade; 08-20-2016 at 09:47 PM.

Thread Information