Quote Originally Posted by Sanosuke View Post
Considering Wilson is the only reason the Seahawks have a chance in games, I don't think it'd be out of the realm for him to get a big contract. Probably won't be more than cousins for some reason though.
He is the reason they come back late in games, when he’s in shotgun with an empty backfield and 5 wide and the defense only rushing 3. Wilson will always be very dangerous in those situations because he’s great at scrambling and keeping the play alive and he’s extremely accurate on the run, even across his body. And he can run himself, of course. There is no effective formula against him in those situations, and teams know it. It’s why he threw 19 4th quarter TDs last season.
But they didn’t make the playoffs last year, and it’s because there is an effective formula against him in every down situations. Keep him in the pocket. Period. That’s it. The Seahawks have been dead set on turning him into a conventional pocket passer for the last 3 years and now, when he stands there as the pocket is collapsing, you can literally see that moment when he used to run out like a rabbit but now instead he freezes. He pulls the ball down and braces for impact. If it doesn’t come at that moment he might escape, but usually it’s too late. It’s sad really.
Of course Wilson can throw from the pocket but he is not a conventional pocket passer and never will be. What made him special is that he wasn’t conventional or predictable. He was a safe, smart player, but also explosive and unpredictable. There’s absolutely nothing explosive or unpredictable about him or the Seahawks offense anymore. Not unless it’s 4th quarter desperation or straight up garbage time.
I’m not giving up hope but I am losing it.